Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the last TV show you watched?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

david tennant's performance absolutely blew me away with jessica jones, i'm glad you enjoyed it : )
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

Ill-Mannered Sack of Crap LosTickaToeRest's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Finished season 5 of American Horror Story ('Hotel')

Whelp, my opinion on the show hasn't changed after this season. Plenty of good ideas but ultimately never fails to disappoint.

The setting and concept are interesting. The idea of a place like this existing, a labyrinthine hotel like a run-down version of the Overlook that's populated by a bunch of different supernatural entities. And that they have this intriguing fucked-up family dynamic. They really don't get the mileage they should have out of it though.

Lady Gaga's character had a little bit of promise at the beginning but she very quickly became the series' most grating and insufferable character more or less tied with Dandy in Freakshow. It really annoyed me how despite her storyline (and pretty much all of the vampire crap) being the most uninteresting thing in the season by far, she had to eat up most of the screentime and have most of the seemingly-unrelated plot threads with the ensemble cast lead directly back to and revolve around her. Lifeless bullshit Ann Rice-wannabe angst or not, gotta tout your new big name star I guess. Since she's coming back in season 6, I will really weep for this show if and when they try to make her the new Jessica Lange, since people inexplicably loved Gaga's flat performance so much.

I wasn't crazy about Iris at first, especially with the melodrama about her son, but she really grew on me, especially once they got rid of that dickhead. Her and Liz's friendship was sweet and became one of my favorite things about the season. Speaking of which, Liz was my favorite character in the whole series so far. She was badass and had an aesthetic I could only dream of pulling off. I was happy to see her role grow from essentially being a prop to a really well-fleshed-out character. Her subplot about reconnecting with her estranged son was incredibly moving and legit made me cry, so good job on that one. It was nice to see a spark of positivity in such a relentlessly mean-spirited show... So of course they had to give her cancer and have her commit suicide two episodes later. Mondo bummer. What I didn't like about her was her obsessive romance with Tristan. I didn't like him to begin with; his entire useless presence revolves completely around Lady Gaga and his boner for her, then just all of a sudden an episode or so later he's dating Liz and they're deeply in love, with no buildup or lead-in. Then he gets killed off by Gaga just for the sake of the writers giving Liz something to be angry at her for, even though she and Tristan shared like two scenes and probably less than a dozen lines between each other. It wouldn't be so bad if Liz didn't spend every episode from that point on moping about it, use it as the basis for an elaborate revenge scheme that figures prominently into the overall plot, and have her big happy resolution be that it's a good thing she killed herself because she gets to spend eternity with this dumb, cardboard thirtysomething-scene-kid loser who seems to have nothing in common with her.

I wanted to like Ramona but she wasn't as sympathetic as I think she was supposed to be, and I got tired of her quickly. Her whole thing with Gaga had me rolling my eyes constantly. The ten commandments killer thing was interesting at first, but it completely fell apart and I got sick of seeing Lowe's face. His getting to gun down and decapitate Lady Gaga wasn't even close to as gratifying as it should have been - aside from being too quick-and-painless and anticlimactic for such an unbearable piece of shit, it has no real impact on the show because she just gets to come back as a ghost and continue sucking out the life and quality of the show like so much of her childrens' blood.

Seeing Queenie come back was great, because she was one of the only things I liked about Coven, and it was hilarious watching her brutalize a totally clueless Ramona, but they wrecked any chance of doing something interesting with that by killing her off far too quickly. And even worse is that it's by that punkass fuckboy March.
    I like that with March they tried to adapt H.H. Holmes, and the fact that he reminds me of Andrew Ryan, and he's a rather fun presence for a while if only because of Evan Peters' weird performance. All the same, he too got annoying after a few episodes and began to feel extraneous, and it became a case of "oh, this guy again" whenever he moseyed into frame.
    Same thing with Sally. She was interesting at first but jesus christ what an irritating drag. It got pretty funny though noticing that one tear rolling down her cheek every friggin' time she's onscreen, and making kind of a game of anticipating/counting down to it. TBF though her resolution of being happy for the first time because she's introduced to the internet and can finally reach out and talk to people is cute.
    Chloe Sevigny's character was completely uninteresting and just kind of there, and I kept forgetting her story was even going on. Didn't add anything.
    I liked the idea of Rudolph Valentino being a vampire who faked his death (if only because he's just such a left-field choice for a monster-of-the-week) and his character had a few entertaining bits, but he really didn't need to be in this, just because it resulted in yet another fucking plotline revolving around Lady Gaga and her vacant expression dribbling pseudo-intellectual purple prose about love and death and other generic gothy things. I bet the Countess had a MySpace.

I think what bothered me most of all was that the season just abruptly ended without a resolution to half the characters or plotlines they still had open. Don't know why I'm surprised but goddamn, the ending was even worse than in Freakshow. It's like they put the real final episode in a vault somewhere and replaced it with a standalone Halloween special thing set way in the future that's focused on a forgettable character from the first season. So many characters and plot devices go entirely unresolved and completely disappear from the show. What happened to Gaga's mutant monster fetus thing that she supposedly loves more than anything in the world and gets set up as something that'll be important but that we never see or hear about again after a few episodes into the season? The penis monster thing that looked like it was on vacation from Silent Hill got it even worse. Never once is any explanation given for what it is, why it's there, what makes it appear, anything. It shows up briefly in the first two episodes, then shows up briefly in Sally's backstory towards the end of the season for reasons that are still rather unclear, then it just buggers off (phrasing!) without any kind of payoff even though, again, it's set up to be kind of a big deal. There's a throwaway line from March in a later episode after the thing's already stopped appearing that seems to imply it's his minion or something but that just raises more questions. Half the characters just vanish from the show in the last episode or two with no resolution or closure or send-off whatsoever. It just... stops.

It may not be the case because the show pulls this shit every year, but I have a feeling a lot of plot and character development got bulldozed to make more room to give Gaga the lion's share of screentime and plot focus, just because I can't think of another season where so many pivotal moments/events vital to the storyline are only mentioned in passing as having happened offscreen. It's maddening and if that's the case it makes me resent all the more that I spent so much time watching Lady Gaga brood and speak in monotone.
    I hate this show. It's so terrible overall but has juuuust enough interesting content to get hooks in me and keep me watching every season even though I walk away from every season irritated that I wasted my time on it. Welp, time for Roanoke.
    Last edited by LosTickaToeRest; 10-14-2016 at 10:28 AM.
    Earth. Atomizer. Let's go.

Blog Entries

@Loss.jpgTickaToeRest: I'd have to re-watch it but I feel like Asylum had the strongest ending of the AHS seasons, in that everyone's various storylines get wrapped up, more or less (haven't watched all of Coven or Hotel, and haven't started Freakshow). I'm only like one episode in to Hotel and already I'm unimpressed with it. It just seems to be shocking graphic shit for the sake of shocking graphic shit, and IMHO it's not scary, just gross.

Blog Entries

Yeah, there's nothing scary whatsoever in Hotel, a lot of it does just seem like trying to one-up itself in being vile and mean-spirited. I don't think it ever quite reaches the 'heights' of the first episode's entirely pointless graphic rape scene, but it's noticeable sometimes.

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Torrens

Blog Entries

Sounds like a conga line of "How gross can we make this", tbh. I mean the first season had  a woman getting raped by her daughter's ghost boyfriend, second season had a bunch of disturbing as fuck real-life psychiatric hospital patient mistreatment, some rape, and some women getting skinned alive, third season had a man being raped by his mother since like childhood and a woman having violent, possibly non-consensual sex with a minotaur, fourth season had whatever it had, and the fifth season has a guy getting raped by a giant drillbit. 

None of it is half as scary as actually good shit like The Witch.

Also wow American Horror Story sure does like to use rape as a plotline a lot. *she said sarcastically*

Last stuff I watched: So last night I watched more Steven Universe, which is fast becoming one of my favorite shows.

I watched "Watermelon Steven" which is good and funny and generally bizarre (Steven's magic spit gives life to watermelon seeds he spits out... shoulda swallowed 'em Steve), "Lion 3: Straight to Video" which is a really good look at what the magical pink lion that follows Steven around might be... the show does a great job of advancing the mystery of Steven's Gem mother while fleshing out Rose and Greg's relationship through a really touching flashback via video and not revealing too much in the process, "Warp Tour" which is fun, creepy, advances the Homeworld storyline, and has some nice mental-breakdown moments from Steven, "Alone Together" which covers fusion and has Connie and Steven accidentally fusing (it's a bit weird because sometimes fusion in the show seems to be sort of like a Gem stand-in for sex, but obviously doesn't have that connotation with two not-quite-pubescent kids) and I liked the show depicting just how lonely Stevonnie ended up feeling; it felt really deep and adult in a way that I can't quite put my finger on, "The Test" which is cute and fun and has a good message about trusting your friends to have your best and not crapping on good intentions, "Future Vision" which has a really ingenious use of Garnet being able to "see" the future and how Steven misinterprets that ability initially, including a really touching scene where Garnet essentially apologizes to Steven, and then finally "On the Run" where we get Amethyst's backstory and some really great, touching character development. I honestly was starting to cry at some scenes because the show shifted so good from childish comedy and wish fulfillment to some pretty dark, emotional stuff.

Steven Universe is amazing so far in how much it packs into so short a run-time and how concise its storylines are, and how fluidly it goes from emotion to emotion in a scenario. it really is an amazing show and I'm so glad I gave it a chance.
    Last edited by Torrens; 10-14-2016 at 12:47 PM.

Global Moderator Smiling Politely's Avatar

Watched all of Netflix's Daredevil series. It kicked ass. I'm not sure why, but I was initially hesitant. I was proven wrong pretty quickly. Pretty much the entire cast was spot on in their roles, including a couple I wasn't initially sure about. I am still not entirely sure how I felt about Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin though. I think positive? I don't know. Top notch series though, I definitely want to see The Punisher spin off, and will be watching season three when they put it out.

Now on to Luke Cage.

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Torrens

Tyrant Beats James Holzhauer! D DEBBS's Avatar

THIS MORNING:

Celebrity Legacies on Reelz...they were talking about Jim Morrison

Blog Entries

my friends and I spent most of the weekend at my friends' mom's house, so we got to watch some TV. I noticed South Park was on, and luckily it was the current season. Really, really liking what they're doing this season. I'm loving the continuity, and I can't wait to see what eventually unfolds. Lots of laughs and I'm liking Cartman's plot so much. His "much happier" phase... I love seeing Cartman nice.

Blog Entries

Just watched more Steven Universe since I woke up and haven't gone back to sleep yet. Finished "Keeping It Together", where Steven and Garnet find a bunch of bizarre broken forced-fusion Gems while searching for Peridot. I really love the episode's unfiltered body horror with the broken Gems being these Cronenberg-esque bundles of waving limbs that are slapped together, and the ending got me really emotional again (yeah that's becoming a pattern with this show) with fusion being such a beautiful metaphor for what's created in a relationship between two or more people. Once again this show just knocks it out of the park as far as depicting real emotions that people feel and real-life shit that people go through.

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

Blog Entries

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - "Teacher's Pet"

Xander develops a seemingly-reciprocated crush on a substitute teacher who is in reality a giant flesh-eating rapist insect who preys on geeky virgins. Xander refuses to believe this when warned by Buffy and everyone else; for some reason he thinks Buffy's just jealous and pulling stuff out of her butt to stop him from scoring. He goes over to her house presumably to have sex, then, big surprise, gets thrown in a cage and nearly assaulted/eaten before Buffy and friends save the day.

Principal Flutie is a pretty fun character, and shines the most in this episode. Though I don't like him nearly as much as Snyder. Otherwise, this was pretty bad. The plot and dialogue all felt like something out of the parade of 90s afterschool specials about predatory adults and sexual consent and stranger-danger they made us watch in the generic 'teen skills' class they made everyone in my school take in 10th grade (just with a horror angle, obviously). And with just as little self-awareness.

Not a fan of the evil substitute teacher/girl-you-like-is-really-a-monster thing because it feels way too cliched and overdone, and the monster reveal and animatronics/suit were MST3K-level ridiculous. At least they didn't go the even-more-obvious route and have that cool teacher who goes to bat for Buffy turn out to be the monster like I was expecting. Instead they opted to kill him off immediately after introducing him. Not sure if it was a semi-clever subversion or just a sloppy attempt at giving us a new likable character for the audience to care about who they can then maim for the sake of introducing conflict without otherwise affecting the status quo, because it gives us a reason to root for Buffy killing the thing. Since god knows Xander being in trouble doesn't.

Next.

Not gonna lie that is definitely one of the weaker early eps. Xander himself is this weird mix of "trying too goddamn fucking hard, dude" and "I love this guy." He tends to piss me off when he gets all up in Buffy's grill about anything because I get defensive as hell for some reason about Buffy's motivations.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver and Full Frontal with Samantha Bee. Finally caught up on both. I'll discuss them in the latenight thread.

Blog Entries

Been watching last year's season of this body-paint challenge show called Skin Wars that I'm certain is from the creators/producers of that other make-up challenge show I love, Face-Off. I know a lot of people have (totally legitimate) issues with RuPaul Charles but tbh his presence as judge is really entertaining. The season I'm watching has this woman named Cheryl Ann who I was at first pleased to see came from my own back yard, but whether through personality issues or just tricky editing, she comes off as one of the biggest assholes I've ever seen on this kind of competition show and I kind of want to punch her in the face every time she's on screen; glad she got eliminated in the last episode I watched, because she lasted through to almost the end despite not being very good (and probably just on the strength of her pretentious "I've studied painting abroad for 25 years under this famous watercolor artist and that famous anatomy expert" shit which really makes me want to punch her even more because it just feeds into her acting entitled and whiny whenever she inevitably loses to anyone else who were pretty much all self-taught).

I faithfully watched Face-Off for several years so this one hooked me right away. Goddammit.

Blog Entries

Been watching THE GOLDBERGS on hulu. I'm really liking it. I like seeing all the reno 911 faces too - i miss that show

Anybody else watch this show?

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Little Charmers

"Sparkleberry Pies"

For once, it was nice to see an episode deviate slightly from the usual formula. I like the episodes where the Charmers are trying to earn their charms. We don't see Charm School in the series very often, and it's great because it does tie in the whole idea of the entire town being magical. Granted, we don't actually see them at Charm School here, but at least it's brought up.

One other thing that makes this one deviate from the others is that Hazel went straight to the Enchantress after the birds ate the sparkleberries instead of trying to do some wacky spell and get herself and possibly others in trouble. Furthermore, when Hazel's dad explains how to make the scarecrow, they actually listen to him and do it with their hands instead of trying to magic it up. A bit of a surprise, since usually the Charm House song is when the Charmers prepare their spells. Though I suppose Lavender, being the fashionista she is, wouldn't want them to take magic shortcuts when she has a chance to dress someone or something.

It's a little unsettling that the one time they don't go with a wacky Hazel spell that things just don't work and the scarecrow can't scare the birds, though it might have been, as Posie said, because it's a "cutecrow". Seems like now's the time for some magic, and while it's Hazel's idea, at least Lavender and Posie are along with the idea without seeming like enablers for Hazel. I actually missed it the first time, but I think "If it flies or has wings, it's scared of whatever our magic brings" may have been the bad line that ruined the scarecrow when they brought him to life.

I did like that the scarecrow couldn't just magically walk when he came to life. He tripped his first times, because he's never walked before. Usually in things like this, creatures that come to life are automatically aware of everything. I laughed at the scarecrow feeding the bird when Lavender told him to "take care of the birds". What I like even more is that even though it's obviously not him, the scarecrow sounds almost exactly like Jack McBrayer and reminds me so much of Kenneth Parcel from 30 Rock or Wander from Wander Over Yonder. If this show had a bigger budget for VAs, I wonder if they would have tried to get him, especially with all the voice work he does.

It seems a bit cliche to have the scarecrow afraid of birds, but then we see it's all flying things, butterflies, the Broomies, and Treble and Flare alike. It was also a bit of a shame that Hazel blamed herself for over-magicking the spell, when Posie was the one who said, "If it flies or has wings", then all the Charmers said the second part. For once, it was not Hazel's fault.

There was another funny bit with the scarecrow in the bat cave saying, "Quit with the flapping and the flying and the squeaking!" because that sounds like a Professor Frink quote.

Normally, it upsets me when they talk about Ogre Valley as if it's a bad place, with Lavender saying "everyone tries to stay away from it", but at least it would work for the scarecrow because nothing and no one flies there. I never really knew Hazel was scared of ogres, but at least they got to meet their old friend, Pickles Munchkinfeet. The name still cracks me up, remembering how they named him. The fact that he continues to show up is a nice continuity nod. I prefer when they treat the Ogres like a different race and not like an enemy or bad guy. After all, the Ogres come to Charmville sometimes, such as in the Sing Song Pox episode for the meeting.

It was nice to see the scarecrow and Pickles hit it off immediately and become good friends. While I don't like how the ogres are treated in this episode, at least nothing of the ogres would scare the scarecrow, since they can't fly. (Hope he doesn't walk in on any games of Brooms and Ogres.)

To cap it all off, even with all of that, they didn't forget about the Sparkleberries and decide they can grow them in Ogre Valley, where there are no birds to eat them all. I can't see the ogres ever eating them, either, as Pickles demonstrated by eating some then coughing them up. It was even nicer that the Charmers baked a pie for the scarecrow and a mud pie for Pickles. It's always nice to see them drop in on their old friend.

4/5, would have been perfect but some of the ogre comments were a bit unsettling.

Blog Entries

MTV ran a True Life last night called "I'm a Witch". Half the focus was on this cute, very-gay self-proclaimed witch who is finally meeting up with his gay witch internet boyfriend. It was cute and the subject was honestly pretty likable. I'd hang out with him.

The real entertainment value was the other half of the focus, which was fucking nuts and I kind of wish had a whole episode dedicated to it because I couldn't stop laughing. This girl who talks about growing up seeing ghosts everywhere converted to some mishmashy bullshit generously referred to as Wicca after joining a sorority of self-proclaimed witches as a college freshman. Then, she claims, a few years later she was battling fibromyalgia and then realized that she's a vampire - but a special kind of vampire that drains life force through touch - when she decided that she "cured" it through physical contact with her boyfriend. So she joins the Houston Vampire Court, which from what we see is a bunch of pasty nerds with Marilyn Manson contact lenses mostly just sitting in someone's basement. We see her walking up to people talking about how she "feels weak and has to feed", then holding the person's hand while closing her eyes and making faces while they say stuff like "don't worry, take everything you need." She's being elected to some flowery "high priestess" type title, but wait! Drama and conflict brews because a few members of the court are 'concerned' (as in, halfheartedly state while sounding bored) that her being a witch (or alternatively to some of them, "sorceress") as well as a vampire is a conflict of interest, and/or that she doesn't deserve the title because she's just an energy vampire rather than one who feeds on blood. And then at the same time, her witch friends/advisors are upset about the supposed conflict of interests from the other side, while she gets emotional and tearfully reassures them that she only feeds consentually and only takes exactly what she needs, with those reality show confessional asides showing her crying into the camera about how, in her own words, this conflict is by far the worst thing that's ever happened to her. But overall nobody really seems to feel all that strongly about it from either side or make nearly as big a deal about it as she does, and even some of her vampire friends she talks to about it are frozen in an "are you fucking kidding me" expression the whole time she vents to them about it. I didn't want it to end, it seriously made my night.

I feel a little bad for her tbh. But she's also apparently rich and rather privileged so I can't feel too bad

20. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Torrens

Blog Entries

Reminds me of this BS story this then-twenty-something girl told me one time about her being a "sanguine" vampire and how she had a coven or some such bullshit. LOL I sincerely hope she grew the fuck up and put down the Anne Rice novels.

Blog Entries

Currently 3 episodes into HBO's Westworld. It's pretty fantastic. I really love stuff that explores the concept of androids coming to terms with what they are.
    How to remaster

23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Torrens

Blog Entries

@Shaunbadia: I'm hankering to watch that and the vast majority of HBO's back catalog when I get HBO Now again. I cancelled my subscription because it felt like one too many streaming services since I already pay for Hulu and Netflix, but you can't really beat all of HBO at your fingertips for like 16 bucks a month or whatever.

@Loss.jpgTickaToeRest: I'm surprised that the vampire witch girl having fibro isn't the worst thing that's happened to her... I'm pretty sure if I was diagnosed with a mysterious, chronic, debilitating illness it would be. I mean I get that people have emotional pain over conflicts with their friends but it just sounds like a bunch of made-up drama that bored gothy highschoolers came up with after playing Vampire The Masquerade one too many times.

Blog Entries

Since she says it was entirely cured (and that something as simple as what she calls "light physical touch" is what she pinpoints, at least in her own mind, as the reason) almost makes me wonder if she even had it to begin with tbh. I'm sure saying that makes me a bad person but that's not really news to anyone

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Torrens

Blog Entries

@Loss.jpgTickaToeRest: Nah. Psychosomatic illness is a thing that happens. Also sometimes a person's body can just go to shit and then mysteriously get better with no vampire woo involved.

Now that I remember that girl I sort-of knew though, I seriously wonder what sort of crowd she was running with. Given the town we were in I'm picturing the trashiest "decaying small-town" goth-hick vampires ever. That probably makes me a bad person, but that's not really news, either.

Blog Entries

Funny you should mention that, the less-hilarious scenes with the gay kid also take place in a really small southern town, and at one point he goes to "the taxidermy place" where another witch he knows sells animal parts specifically for rituals, and he makes it sound like a professional shop of some sort. It turns out to be a fucking clothesline covered with drippy dead things in the back yard behind some grimy goth girl's trailer. Good god. All the scene needed was Cletus Spuckler walking up and asking about trade-in credit.

Blog Entries

@Loss.jpgTickaToeRest: that is the grossest fucking thing.

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Diff'rent Strokes: Retrospective, Part 1 5/10

With the exception of a few, even the best shows have at least one or more bad episodes. And as proven here, Diff'rent Strokes is no exception.

Instead of the usual opening, we have a shortened version of the song playing over a shot of the two boys (Arnold and Willis) sleeping in their beds. It's Christmas time. "Cool, all right, I can go with that". It's true that most Christmas specials tend to very cheesy and a little too reliant on the "Christmas miracle" feel, but most of them are still cozy to watch. But make no mistake, this is hardly a Christmas episode. No, it's a clip show! A FREAKIN' CLIP SHOW WHEN IT'S ONLY THE EIGHTH EPISODE EVER! But surprisingly, it's not the only show to do this (although it's probably one of the earliest). Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air (also the eighth episode) did it with Someday Your Prince Will Be In Effect. The difference is just... at least it had an actual story. The clips felt forced and as tend to be the case with many clip shows, way too long. But the actual original material wasn't half-bad. It still bored me and was quite dull and low on laughs, but it wasn't terrible. Not the case here though.

It only took two minutes before the first clip popped up. Two minutes!! That's not a good sign. And then, after scrolling through a number of decent scenes from the pilot episode, we cut back to the family and I'm hoping for at least three minutes focusing on the present. Providing some new good jokes. But only a minute or so later, we have yet more clips! The problem is, since so few episodes before this one was made, we get about four minutes each (I'm not joking, it really is this much, maybe even more) from only 4 episodes in total. And sometimes they don't even pick the best jokes or moments. But the worst thing of all is that not even the original material is that impressive. Of course you can't do very much with 5 minutes of original footage, but since there's such a focus on "nostalgic reminiscing" and cringeworthy awful set-ups to flashbacks, some of the lines are actually pretty bad. "That was the worst day of my life, the day the social worker came here" sounds so unnatural and dumb that it's laughable. "That social worker who came here was a nightmare" would've worked much better. Also, since the characters (except for Drummond) are dead tired, they have to remind the audience of it constantly. And it gets repetitive after a while.
    There are still a couple of funny lines, two of the best ones coming from Mrs. Garrett. And Drummond repeating Arnold's catchphrase was unexpected, so that made me chuckle as well. But it wasn't enough to make this worthwhile viewing.

Worst of all is the ending, which ends with... the ending of Goodbye Dolly. And then the text "To Be Continued..." appears. Are you kidding me?! You didn't even cut back to the present and still present a "To Be Continued...? What is there to continue???

Not very good. Hopefully part 2 is better, but personally I can't wait until the clip show two-parter is overwith.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Misadventures Of Flapjack

The pilot episode. It's a weird but good show. I remember this as a kid, and the episode where Knuckles turned into a seal was disturbing af.

Rewatched the most recent ep of Supergirl again. I mentioned in the CW shows thread but I am absolutely loving how many powerful/empowered and strong women are on this show now. Kara and Alex are good characters together and I looove the sisterly bond, but Cat Grant's absence this season was big shoes (and entertainment) to fill, so I'm glad we now have Maggie Sawyer, Lena Luthor, and M'gann M'orzz. It's a nice contrast, too, when you open the season with two eps of the most delicious version of Superman I'll be able to drool over. His absence hasn't slwoed anything down for the show, imo. Alex has mad chemistry with Maggie and the show is TOTALLY HARPING ON IT and I need more, even if they went for the lame "gonna have my gf appear out of nowhere to kiss me and make you jElLyYyYyY" scene towards the end. I try not to act like a filthy shipper but daaamn it's hard. Moving on, Lena Luthor is a nice representation of the Luthor family to have. I don't know terribly much about her but so far, while I have reservations about her altruism, I have liked her conversations with Kara and demeanor. And I'm so glad J'onn J'onzz has a story line to work out with M'gann/Miss Martian. They've already revealed the underlying truth about her character  being a white martian  so I can't wait to see how this all goes down. I like the way Miss Martian is designed, too. Her uh, "alien head" effects just really work for her.

EDIT: Somehow I forgot about new villain ROULETTE. I love Dichen Lachman so much.
    .... I hope they don't kill her in this show too. Always dies -_-

Blog Entries

Pokemon Episode 7, "The Water Flowers of Cerulean City".

Good ep. Good plot, alright humor, and fine action. Didn't like the sexist portrayal of Misty's sisters though. 7/10.
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

Just rewatched the first two episodes of Parks and Rec. Decided I'm gonna rewatch the entire series, just because I freaking love that show.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstormented View Post
    they're accurate as of the 2015 alien dick census

35. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Diff'rent Strokes: Retrospective, Part 2 4/10

Not gonna rant this time since I'm not in the mood. Here's just a simple list of pros and cons over part 1:

Pros:

The real opening this time.
    Better set-ups to flashbacks.
    Cinematography is slightly better (which was not up to the usual standard in part 1).

Cons:

Jokes in the original material even weaker this time.
    Clips are WAY too long, I thought the clips were too long in part 1!
    Still hasn't much to do with Christmas.
    Even less new footage.
    Doesn't do anything different from part 1, and proves that the "To be continued..." text was absolutely pointless.

A very, very poor episode. It's even worse than part 1. Thank God this is the only clip show they ever did!

Tyrant Beats James Holzhauer! D DEBBS's Avatar

One of those cop chase shows on TRU TV

Thread Information