Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the last TV show you watched?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Watched every episode of BoJack Horseman. Took me a while to get into this show, but it clicked at some point and now I really can't wait for s4. When it suddenly gets dark, the show can become depressing fast and hit like a truck.

Also, 'Hollywoo Stars and Celebrities: What Do They Know? Do They Know Things?? Let's Find Out!' is and will always be the best tv show name ever

Blog Entries

Finished Stranger Things over the course of 4 days, thanks to @Ryan's recent recommendation. I kept hearing random buzzy things about it on the internet but had no idea what it was.

It was so good. Loved it.

3. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

Tyrant Beats James Holzhauer! D DEBBS's Avatar

Celebrity Legacies on Reelz

The 3rd-to-last episode of Parks and Recreation, "The Johnny Karate Super Awesome" whatever it was called. It was a super cute and fun episode, and I loved the mock-commercials.

Going on vacation next week, and I'm saving the last 2 eps for when we get back. I'm going to miss this show so much when I finish it It's so easy to binge-watch in a short period of time. But on the plus side I can start rewatching it!

Quote Originally Posted by Creamium View Post
    Watched every episode of BoJack Horseman. Took me a while to get into this show, but it clicked at some point and now I really can't wait for s4. When it suddenly gets dark, the show can become depressing fast and hit like a truck.
    Yep, just finished it last night, still stunned at just about most things that transpired in the penultimate ep. I was sold almost instantly, though, even after hearing less than good things about the pilot. I still have to watch the Christmas Special but christ that was a ride. I'll post more concrete thoughts in the actual BoJack thread but this truly is a special show.

And now I will finally get a crack at Stranger Things!
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pokemon

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Real O'Neals: Pilot 4/10

This show sounded a little interesting to me, and it was on TV today. Yes, I was upset that for whatever reason they decided to tone it down and make it more "family-friendly", but I was still willing to give it a chance. In this first episode, Kenny has some trouble. His parents found out about his sexual hijinks, horrified over him sticking his weiner into someone (even though he actually didn't in the long run, but he doesn't tell them that), and due to their fanatical Catolic beliefs want to teach him about abstinence. However, things change when he tells them (and his older brother and younger sister as well) that he's gay.

Well, this was not very good. In fact, it was terrible. They attempt to satirize Catolics, but for some reason the way they do it isn't funny. The attempts at poking fun were oftentimes so forced it was cringeworthy (like the mom telling a priest she'll give him psalms on an USB or whatever), which is very surprising for me to say since I love jokes about religion. But they were so poorly done that I can't even see them offending anyone, just leave them with a dull, disinterested look on their faces. I liked the Jesus bit, but even that was a little ruined by overexplanation from the narrator.
    The characters are also not all well-written. There are some parts with the youngest daughter trying to get people to hand over money for charity, which I guess are slightly amusing, but thanks to the dull directing I found it half-hearted at best. Bebe Wood did a fine job playing her though, she seemed to have fun with her role. The dad is forgettable, and feels nothing more than your typical "I'll teach ya 'bout life, son" dad you see on many, many sitcoms. Which would be fine if he was funny, but he wasn't that great. Jay R. Ferguson did okay, but didn't blow me away. I'll get to the two other characters too, who I want to talk more about...

Outside of the jokes about religion, many other jokes fall flat too. You have these "quirky characters" popping up, like the intrusive friend for example, but they are just distracting since I don't care about them.

The biggest negative I have is the acting. Sure, sometimes characters other than the main one can steal the show, but you still need someone believable enough to play the main lead too. And playing the gay son was Noah Galvin. His character itself was okay (but needs work), but his acting was really kinda... iffy. I could tell he tried very hard to be funny, but I didn't think he pulled the role off. He delivered his lines flatly, and his one-note facial expressions were getting a bit on my nerves. Stop looking like a frightened rabbit all the time, Jesus. Also, that he narrated every scene was extremely annoying, and was not in the least bit neccessary or added to the atmosphere or comedy. I'm not a big fan of narration in general, but there are some cases where it can be justified, or even works to its advantage. This is more like Lisa describing every event in The Yellow Badge Of Cowardge. His voice is really one I would have to get used to as well, as it was grating to listen at sometimes.
    But (sadly) the worst of all is Martha Plimpton. I don't know if it's her character (which wasn't great though) or just her acting, but she was quite a tiresome screen presence. I couldn't stand how she spoke every line in an overly hysterical manner, like Anna Faris in Mom or Jake Brennan in Richie Rich (a show which is even worse than Mom). Some tone and variation when portraying a character is important, if your character sounds like he/she's upset the entire time even when that isn't the case, that's when it's time to realize the acting needs serious polishing. It doesn't help either that her voice was annoying. Hopefully, this was just a fluke for her. I really liked her in Goonies, and have sometimes gotten wrong first impressions of actors (like Vincent D'Onofrio with Jurassic World, who I discovered was a great actor when I saw him in different roles).

What the creators of this show are trying to accomplish is admirable, and I wish I could find at least something more positive to say other than "I laughed once... maybe twice."

Sucked the life out of me honestly. What a waste of 21 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Tyrant Beats James Holzhauer! D DEBBS's Avatar

One of those TV cop chase shows that Spike TV always have on.

Blog Entries

I checked out the first season of south park from the library. it's so weird to me that this used to be considered so controversial back in the day, especially with how the show is nowadays. it's not as funny as the later ones(by which really, I mean just about any other season...) but it has its moments and by the last few episodes, it seemed to be finding itself a bit more. it's just weird how people found this so offensive and whatnot imo.

Blog Entries

season 1 is a trillion times better than anything past season 10

Blog Entries

I prefer the later seasons

Blog Entries

then u factually have a wrong opinion :shrug:

Blog Entries

I can live with that...

Blog Entries

so you can live your life knowing your south park opinions arent validated by one random guy you dont know? dam that is brave

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Space Ghost Coast To Coast: Spanish Translation 8/10

In this episode, Space Ghost interviews Susan Powter, Kevin Meaney and The Bee Gees (but not really).

Finally, I made sure to check out the cult favorite show Space Ghost Coast To Coast, one of several Adult Swim shows based on Hannah Barbera characters. And what do I think of it?

The humor is more subtle compared to other Adult Swim shows. It has its wacky moments for sure, but it does stick to the talk show format quite faithfully. But it's definitely funny. Space Ghost feeling a need to remind every guest of how great he is and stretch out his muscles was amusing to watch, although the best moment is when he gets sick of the Bee Gees and eliminates them as they are laughing. But the best part (and also some of the most humorous) is the music. The intro is really well-composed and gets you in a good mood, and my God! Zorak's commercial for his CD was hilarious! Especially great was when he sung Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star with his raspy unpleasant singing voice. Some of his other moments were all right as well. It was pretty difficult to hear what Moltar said sometimes though.
    The atmosphere is also very solid, and even though I haven't seen many other late night talk shows other than The Daily Show, it delivered on the nice, relaxing air you get from talk shows with David Letterman and Conan O'Brien for instance.

I don't have any big negatives, only that Brak didn't really make me laugh. I'll go easy on him however, since this is only the first episode. But what I did find kinda annoying was the constant stops to translate a line into Spanish. It was just weird and felt out of place.

Good pilot. See you later again, Space Ghost!

Blog Entries

haha if there's one word i've never heard used to describe space goast it's 'relaxing'

The Eric Andre Show
    I love this show. It's so weird, but funny 10/10.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstormented View Post
    they're accurate as of the 2015 alien dick census

Furturama
    I've been watching the show since every episode is on Netflix. And I'd never got to watch when it aired. And loved it. I love it because its funny and looks so much like The Simpsons. They almost look like the same show but none of the humans are yellow.

Ill-Mannered Sack of Crap LosTickaToeRest's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@OldSchoolerSimpsons

As a SGC2C fanboy who feels a lot of the earliest episodes are a step above dogshit, I'm eager to see your thoughts as the show progresses and evolves.
    Earth. Atomizer. Let's go.

Blog Entries

the first super good ep of the show imo is jacksonville, which is relatively deep into season 3

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

You guys are nuts Space Ghost is great off the top. That first episode is one of the better pilots out there.

Blog Entries

there are some good eps in the early seasons. gum disease, batmantis, storybook, hungry, but yeah i think the early seasons conform to the talk show format a little too well and relatively easy superhero jokes or whatever. the way more surreal seasons 3 to 8 are mainly why i love the show

I'm actually early in season 2. But its good so far.

Blog Entries

wow corndog watching space ghost. all my dreams are coming true

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

The early stuff just hits a good spot with me skewering the whole talk show format. I love the later stuff more but the early stuff is right in smack where my Interests are comedy wise as well. I can't not crack up thinking about the Spanish translations in the pilot, the beavis and butthead/MST3K parodies. There's good shit like that in every early episode

Blog Entries

my friend borrowed a couple futurama volumes from one of his friends and we've been watching. haven't seen either season(2 and 3) In a while, but so far 2's holding up pretty well. and 3 has luck of the fryish, which is probably my favorite episode

Blog Entries

Forensic Files. I love these kinds of shows, no matter how ridiculous and sensationalistic they get. Aside from loving true-crime stuff it reminds me of growing up watching stuff like Hard Copy, America's Most Wanted, and Unsolved Mysteries.

29. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Torrens

Blog Entries

yea they are ultimate guilty pleasure. theyre on all night too, some channel plays them all night so i go to sleeep to brutal dramatizations of murder :shrug:

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Modern Family

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by handsome_devil View Post
    yea they are ultimate guilty pleasure. theyre on all night too, some channel plays them all night so i go to sleeep to brutal dramatizations of murder :shrug:
    Yeah, I don't remember what channel it is but there's one up here that I'm almost positive doesn't have any other shows, because no matter what time of the day I tune in, the schedule is just Forensic Files as far ahead as the programming list goes. It's great.

Thread Information