Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: What's the last TV show you watched?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Started Love Live! School Idol Project.

Also started watching American Dad! again. My god, this show got weird. (I left off at the one with multiple Fathers' Days, I just saw the one where Stan becomes addicted to slot car racing)

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    Roseanne (seasons 1 and 2). I hadn't ever seen it, and I know she's a horrible person IRL so I was conflicted about it, but it's just ... so much better than the vast majority of recent sitcoms I've watched. Even the trans jokes are less offensive than would be average in 2019. I can laugh with (most of) the stuff on this show rather than feel attacked. Basically I'm appalled that the spirit of this show's writing hasn't seemed to be taken up much since. It started for me with a YouTuber's analysis of the show, and even the way it was ended (originally) sounds reasonable to me. I live in hope that a spinoff where Roseanne's character is dead might be good television, but I haven't seen that yet.

YMMV. I mean, I genuinely love shows like My So-Called Life, and I've seen every season of Full House literally because I couldn't look away from the trainwreck once I started. My tolerance for late-80s/early-90s entertainment might be unusually high for a 26 year old.

Yea Roseanne is ridiculous but I can't dislike the show. It's really hard. It was important to me growing up and was so relatable. I watched reruns endlessly on maternity leave because it was on TV so much. Still funny AF and even moreso as an adult where I can understand their side of things and not just the kids.

The Conners is...not trash? But it's not great. There are some laughs for sure still but it's not the same without Roseanne and just leaves me a bit depressed feeling.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

3. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    Yea Roseanne is ridiculous but I can't dislike the show. It's really hard. It was important to me growing up and was so relatable. I watched reruns endlessly on maternity leave because it was on TV so much. Still funny AF and even moreso as an adult where I can understand their side of things and not just the kids.

The Conners is...not trash? But it's not great. There are some laughs for sure still but it's not the same without Roseanne and just leaves me a bit depressed feeling.
    I agree I watched little of the Conners it was ok but it was missing Roseanne even though they got rid of her it wasn't the same

Goof Troop on DVD.
    I read tsuyokute new saga manga online [all chapters] - mangazuki and I think this is one of the best manga. This is one of the best manga.

AND

Do you like Tsuyokute New Saga Manga?

source: https://about.me/youtubeconverter.to

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Blog Entries

Five seasons of Broad City over like, two days. I now feel a LOT better about who I am as a person in my twenties. Like, I could be way worse.
    "Because you watched House, we think you'll enjoy... Fuller House."

Party time... excellent...

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

I still need to finish Broad City. I loved the first two seasons, though.

watched the entirety of i think you should leave in an afternoon (can't be more than a couple hours total). i thought it lived up to the hype. was laughing out loud consistently throughout, which i don't normally do even when i find something funny

Blog Entries

I finished all of Cheers a month back. I don't think I've ever seen a sitcom uphold its high quality consistently (for as long as 11 seasons) the way this show did. Especially with the major change that takes place halfway through.

Sam and Diane is also the gold standard for the 'will they, won't they'. Entire cast is lightning in a bottle. I think this might slightly edge out Seinfeld for me as favorite multi-camera sitcom.

Currently on season 2 of Frasier which I'm liking too.

Blog Entries

Mr.Show and the first seasons of Frasier & 3rd Rock from the sun.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Family Guy Blue Harvest on Adult Swim
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

Quote Originally Posted by box elder View Post
    watched the entirety of i think you should leave in an afternoon (can't be more than a couple hours total). i thought it lived up to the hype. was laughing out loud consistently throughout, which i don't normally do even when i look at this something funny
    Good idea!
    Last edited by minks; 05-16-2019 at 04:53 AM.

Dark Shadows, an old soap opera about vampires.

Antiques Roadshow (Streamed it because I fell asleep 1/2 way through it)

Blog Entries

Season 1 finale of Dilbert.
    There is no signature here.

Thread Information