Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: What's the last TV show you watched?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Pokemon Episode 15 "Battle Aboard The Saint Anne"
    This was the first BAD episode of the series.
    The plot was good, with Ash and the gang winning a free cruise while Team Rocket try to catch yet more Pokemon.
    The humor was also good, I laughed at Misty's reaction to not getting on the cruise, James saying "COOL" over and over again, James getting pummeled by Jessie, the Magikarp flopping around in James's hands, them eating sped-up, and a few other things.
    However:
    The action was very bad. The battle with Raticate was strong, but the Starmie one was a one-sided curbstomp, and the everyone VS Team Rocket one was a MEGA-curbstomp with them putting up NO FIGHT at all. Boring.
    And the ending... GUH. Ash is a major sociopath, after the ship they're on starts sinking he endangers the lives of his friends by NOT escaping the sinking ship JUST so he can get his Butterfree back. Selfish jerk.
    Overall only a 6/10.
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

Blog Entries

why the fuck are you watching the pokemon cartoon in 2017

Blog Entries

Watched the second half of the Pokemon episode @Egg mentioned, wanted to make a follow-up post to the ''Ash is a sociopath for not leaving the ship immediately'' bit, but gave up on it. Then I put on the Three Stooges episodes ''Violent is the Word for Curly'' and ''Punch Drunks'', partially paying attention to them. For the first one, I enjoyed Moe and Larry thawing out Curly on the spit and the ''Swinging the Alphabet'' number. The latter is an okay boxing-themed episode, but is dogged by slow pacing, technical errors, and the final fight is kinda boring.

Mozart in the Jungle

Highly recommend. If you like classical music, it's a must see. The third season is a bit weaker than the first two, but I'd give it an 8 where I'd give the first 2 a 9.
    Get woke, go broke

Blog Entries

a friend and I have recently watched the first season of the Netflix original "F is For Family."

it's alright. it has some laughs scattered about, but I don't know, the vulgarity is just about the only way they can make jokes, so a lot of it is pretty hit-and-miss

Blog Entries

The Walking Dead:

To sum up last Sunday's episode:

Rosita snarks some more for no reason, this time at Tara, Rick encounters a zombie straight out of Resident Evil, those weird people in black continue to not talk or make any sense, the producers use awfully fake looking backdrops, etc. 

So yeah, this season's started off pretty bleh so far.

Ill-Mannered Sack of Crap LosTickaToeRest's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Master of None - "Hot Ticket"

Dev gets tickets to an exclusive concert and goes through days of drama trying to find a woman to go with him. When he finally chooses, she turns out to be an obnoxious, repellent asshole.

Liking this show. Aziz Ansari gives a great performance and is generally likable as his character. Pretty much everyone in this show is really funny, to be honest. The jerkass he takes with him to the club is a funny character in that really sad secondhand-embarrassment way, and his reconnecting and friendship with the girl from the beginning of the first episode was sweet. Thought it was funny how the first red flag for Dev that he made a huge mistake picking a date is that she quotes South Park. Any other show where the guy's romantic interest does that would be proof that she's THE OOOOONE. Biggest laugh was everyone's reaction after she got thrown out of the club at the end. It's a fairly simple and straightforward episode but the character interactions really make it.
    Earth. Atomizer. Let's go.

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Steven Universe "Steven vs. Amethyst" 5/5
    Stuck in the Middle "Stuck in the Slushy War" 4.5/5
    Fairy Tail "My Resolve" 5/5

I might go into more detail later. Perhaps I can find some balance between my tiny reviews and an AlphaOmega-sized review.

The local news....I'm here at the library because there's nothing on but Trumpy-Dumpty...Robot Chicken's on @ 9!

That darn show Riverdale

Blog Entries

Steven Universe
    "Bubbled"

Well, here we are. I finally finished Season 3. I kinda want to try to type a review for this, but after realizing something, I'd just end up typing a Wikipedia article with almost no commentary. In fact, I think I'm not going to be reviewing anything else I really like that I have no issues with, whether they be popular shows here like Steven Universe or Bob's Burgers, or unpopular ones like Stuck in the Middle or Nat Geo's Mars. (This is why I don't chide people for watching things they don't like.)

What I will say is that I was in a noisy TGI Fridays watching it on my phone so I didn't really get to hear the music at the end (I had CC on though), so it didn't really have as big an impact on me as it should have. Just watched that part now (from when "Eyeball" flew out into space) and now it's a bit more teary. My catchup was also the first time hearing the end credits music that plays (as well as the eyecatches in "Bismuth"), although I must say the Cartoon Network Productions music at the end is a bit unfitting, especially for this episode. It does fit some of the more comedic "filler" episodes like "Mr. Greg" or "Too Short to Ride" and shows like Ed, Edd, 'n' Eddy or Codename: Kids Next Door (when I hear it, I still hear Chicken from Cow and Chicken going "Cartoon Cartoons!") but after a show like this, it's a bit weird.

Regardless, 5/5. Time to start Season 4, and I'm caught up to the CN website.
    Last edited by BlueRibbonCommittee; 03-03-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Steven Universe
    "Mindful Education"

Well, we hit an episode that I had a big issue with. Don't get me wrong, it was a great episode, but there was something that bothered me. I did like how they remembered how Fusions need to be in sync and at first Connie remembered how she beat up Jeff on accident, and it was even worse for Steven not being able to help Bismuth, Jasper, and "Eyeball", but here's the part that bugged me:

Steven and Connie falling nearly to their doom and still floating to each other and talking. I know Steven has the hover ability, but Connie? That makes no sense. It seemed so Looney Tunes-y. I don't mind things like this happening in more comedic episodes, and I don't mind it so much with Team Rocket "blasting off again" in Pokemon (even the time when they had a whole flashback while falling in midair) because those are supposed to be more comedic, and Pokemon is supposed to be a less realistic show than Steven Universe anyway. (If you remember that time in Discord - this is what I meant by, "I only complain about shows that are marketed for accuracy" when quoting Neil deGrasse Tyson.) Here, it sorta destroyed the moment. But regardless, I'm not complaining too much.

Still a 4/5.

On a different note, I noticed the song at the end is just wind and waves crashing now. I think it's a bit more fitting. However, I'm watching on CartoonNetwork.com and the "Da-da-da-da-da-da-da" is gone now, thankfully. I still associate that with shows like Cow and Chicken or I Am Weasel and it just feels odd after shows like this. Once I start catching up with Gumball and Clarence it won't feel so odd.

Blog Entries

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - "The Wrong Jedi"

Ahhh! Turned out to be Bariss framing Ahsoka, which I didn't see coming. Same for Ahsoka leaving! I was expecting her to come back and return to as much of a status quo as this show has, but I also would have almost been disappointed if she had accepted the offer to rejoin the Order. "Suck a dick, dumbshits, I'm out of here" is a reasonable and believable reaction to the ordeal she went through. Now looking forward to diving into the final season and seeing what she gets up to. And also getting back to Maul after that annoying unresolved cliffhanger several episodes back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LosTickaToeRest View Post
    Now looking forward to diving into the final season and seeing what she gets up to. And also getting back to Maul after that annoying unresolved cliffhanger several episodes back.
    SPOILER:  neither of them return to TCW (but they do return to Rebels). 

Blog Entries

3 back to back episodes of Bones on in the background. Only sorta half paying attention.
    How to remaster

Supergirl - "Homecoming"
    This was an episode that was supposed to be very good due to the plot it wanted to share. It ended up being really, really frustrating and kind of stupid. It's an episode where all the usually clever and competent characters all lose their brains and common sense over emotions. No one wants to believe that one guy who spends the whole ep bringing it up and getting shot down even though this kind of set up makes it clear he'll be right in the end. It was the most by-the-numbers ep so far and for all the wrong reasons.

We are supposed to care a LOT about what's going on in this ep because a character returns after thought to be dead/MIA. It is  the missing father of Alex and Kara (adoptive father in her case, of course) who returns from the villainous organization that captured him long ago when everyone thought him to have been dead.  That kind of story should drive so much emotion into my heart but instead it was a lot of "uh, what?" and "huh" and "hmm" going on. The worst character in the show is the one who catches on that something is off but because he's a bit of a jackass and also EMOTIONS no one wants to believe him. A bunch of big blow ups happen that ostracize him from everyone, Kara and Alex have a bad fight over it when Kara starts to get suspicious too FINALLY, and then SURPRISE! He ends up being right in the end and the other characters end up betrayed and hurt.

The problem with this is that it never should've been a surprise unless the writers just forgot to fill in those blanks. The DEO agents should've been suspicious from the get-go about this character's return. They immediately gave this person all their access like nothing. The MARTIAN MANHUNTER didn't bother reading this person's mind to make sure they are who they are (wat??) and then they couldn't detect some uhhh obviously non-human parts of this person with all their fancy tech. WTF? And then this guy busts up Martian Manhunter like nothing (shouldn't have been possible) and this is all supposed to just sit well with the audience with the explanation of "he had a bionic arm all this time." Gah.

So yeah in the end the asshole no one wanted to listen to was right. This asshole Mon-El is supposed to be the new love interest of Kara (sorry Jimmy Olsen, literally no one cares about you now and you haven't been in like, the past 2 eps christ). Mon-el is so beyond boring. More like Mon-Ew as people call him. Ok so I don't hate him that much (he's really hot and the alien obliviousness of the character is amusing at times) but he is your typical hot white guy (sorry again, black Jimmy Olsen) who is there to be a love interest and almost nothing more. They keep teasing his TRUE identity which almost all the viewers figured out a million years ago, so we are leading to a big story line with him and that's why he needs his foot in the door. I don't think he'll stick around after this story and will probably die a hero since the whole season was about how un-heroic and not like Kara this strong alien guy is.

Whoa I rambled. Anyway Mon-El and Kara suck together. They have nothing in common other than being aliens. Mon-El never listens to Kara. He took her advice and guidance a few times but as a partner, he DOES NOT listen to Kara. In fact, he ended up speaking to another male about how to deal with their relationship. Winn just parrots back all the shit Kara has been trying to tell Mon-El and THAT'S what makes him go "hmm yeah I SHOULD do that." GAH. And in the end, when everyone needs to have a cry and make up...do Alex and Kara make up? No. No they don't. Alex gets comforted by her girlfriend Maggie, and Kara speaks with her guy Mon-El. WHY did the sisters not make up over this aaaahhhhhhhh.

Mon-El is just taking time away from sweet, sweet pairing of Kara and Lena
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

Watched most of the first season of Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir while babysitting my niece who's obsessed with it. As goofy and cliched and nonsensical as it can be, I actually think it's a fun and well-made show and probably something I would have followed as a kid. Not gonna be watching it on my own or anything but it's enjoyable enough while babysitting and better than most of the mind-numbing stuff she's gone through phases of loving in the past. I think the art style and animation are nice, and I love the level of off-model expressiveness it has that I don't see in many CG shows, or animated shows in general lately.

Last one I watched was "Guitar Villain" which was just ridiculous in a really funny way. I love that the bad guy of the week's primary method of causing mayhem towards people he's not specifically trying to murder is a ray coming out of his guitar that makes people furiously headbang to the thrash riff he plays.

That Hawkmoth guy, the main antagonist throughout the show, is confusing and I really don't understand him. Just this omniscient guy in a gimp suit in some weird undisclosed location who Lord Zedds monsters at people and might as well spend the episode snarling about getting his hands on those healthy purple berries. I kind of love it to be honest.

Blog Entries

Did you see the "Origins" episodes? That explains a bit about Hawk Moth, as well as the Miraculouses and Tikki and Plagg, and basically how any of this stuff started.

Blog Entries

According to the Wiki, that's still a little ways away. Good to know they're going to try and explain things; I was confused as hell during the first episode.

Incidentally, it irks me that they call them "miraculouses". Shouldn't it be "miraculi" or something? I'm probably thinking too hard about this.

Blog Entries

been watching bob's burgers recently. not a fan of the first season or the first... maybe half of the second season, but i continued on and it got a lot better.

Blog Entries

First season of Bob's Burgers put me off the show for a very, very long time.

Blog Entries

I remember a couple years ago trying to get into bob's burgers, and yea I couldn't get past the first season. was afraid I was going to run into that problem again, but I decided to keep going at least another season or so. glad I did

Blog Entries

What I've seen of Bob's Burgers (first season so far) isn't bad, but isn't good enough to be compelling for me to marathon through it, especially when I have a shitload of other stuff to watch. I would like to keep going but so far it's sort of a "yeah I'll get back to that someday" feeling.

Conversely, something like Steven Universe might have had a slow episode here or there at first, but they're so short that they're done and you can move on to the next one, plus stuff that happens in the early episodes does tie into stuff later on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LosTickaToeRest View Post
    According to the Wiki, that's still a little ways away. Good to know they're going to try and explain things; I was confused as hell during the first episode.

Incidentally, it irks me that they call them "miraculouses". Shouldn't it be "miraculi" or something? I'm probably thinking too hard about this.
    I used to be that way all the time with fictional terms. I used to call the Deku Babas from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Deku Babae".

I was a bit put off by Season 1 of Bob's Burgers too. Some of the humor is a little out there, I mean, it got even more crude than modern Simpsons does (though thankfully not on Family Guy levels). It does get better, eventually, but only if you can get to it. I did have the same attitude toward it when it aired, alongside Young Justice which I also want to give another go (saw a few Season 2 episodes and actually liked them)

Anyway...

Stuck in the Middle
    "Stuck in the Garage Sale"

See, this is another example of why I think this show reminds me so much of classic Simpsons. Not only is it about a middle class dysfunctional-yet-loving family, but also, this one subverted tropes multiple times. So it starts out with the Diazes doing an annual garage sale, but Harley is sick of doing all the organizing and planning and everything. (Also, Tom has a very Homer moment, where he just wants to sit around and watch the game.) To make matters worse, the family is trying to save for a pool, but always blow it on something else. So Ethan tells her her problem is "she's too good at running the sale", giving her an idea... destroy the sale! (Making it look unintentional, of course) I love how Lewie and Beast basically said that Suzy (who doesn't appear in this episode, but is still mentioned) and Tom told them never to do things for themselves, and that when Harley said they should come up with their own ideas, Daphne said, "We'd rather not."

To make matters worse (or better, from Harley's POV) Ethan will play guitar badly. So Rachel will be really stingy on who she sells things to, Lewie and Beast will sell crappy toys while playing with all the good ones in front of the customers, Georgie will try to engage in conversation with the customers and never stop talking, and Daphne will be selling rocks, sticks and pine cones. Wow, this is literally the worst garage sale ever, and as expected it goes over poorly.

But wait! Here's the twist: Tom says he and Suzy will match everything the kids make dollar for dollar so they can finally get the family pool they've wanted! Uh oh! And as expected, the kids have made nothing. (Although, Daphne made $4 by selling a rock and three sticks. Fake tears. But hey, back in the premiere it did almost get an $800 cabana bill forgiven.)

So, here comes the subversion: Instead of there being a moral about being yourself, doing things your own way, finding what works for you, etc.,... this part is better off quoted.

Georgie: Harley, this is your fault! You're the one who told us to use our best judgement! What were you thinking?
    Lewie and Beast: Yeah!
    Lewie: We've never done it before, why should we start now?
    Harley: I made a mistake! I told you guys to follow your instincts!
    [...]
    Ethan: Look, guys, Harley got us through all the other garage sales. So, just stop thinking for yourselves and do whatever she says!

So, basically, what Harley and Ethan are saying is, "You all suck and are useless without Harley's help. She should run everything." That just sounds so classic Simpsons-y. In its own way, Stuck in the Middle is the Simpsons of Disney Channel, not just in terms of premise, but also in terms of what it brought to the network.

All together, the kids made $322 (and a sandwich coupon from Georgie). See what subverting a trope does? But wait... they've just headed from one trope to another. From a "be yourself" to a being successful at something. So, what goes wrong?

.... Lewie and Beast sold Harley's invention bag. She'd had that for so long and it's basically a part of her. Thankfully, she doesn't scold Lewie and Beast, but they all feel bad for her. She feels like she had it coming because she tried to tank the first sale, and that karma is hitting her in the butt. She confesses that she tried to make the sale go bad, and apologizes. Ethan calls the family out on making Harley do all the work, tying everything together from the first act. So they try to get the bag back, and do so... at the cost of all their money. No pool.

But, Harley is really lucky to have them all, since, as Georgie said, it was a team effort, and it seems they do have good ideas sometimes. And while Tom's team in the game was a letdown, Harley's wasn't. She was at least glad they gave up the pool for her invention bag.

What a sweet episode. I'm really looking forward to more of this show. 5/5

Blog Entries

Fairy Tail
    "The Tower of Heaven"

So, going into this episode, a bit of it was spoiled for me... by the ending. It spoiled Erza's "family" as well as Juvia joining Fairy Tail. Then again, Juvia as a character was spoiled for me at Anime USA when I did a Gray cosplay and some kid was upset by the lack of Juvia in a photoshoot.

One thing I'll give Fairy Tail over other long running anime is moments of characters just having fun. We just finished the Phantom Lord and Loke arcs, and now they're kicking back at Akane Beach and the casino. I always liked how Erza almost always wears armor, even outside of battle. I know I said before that I don't care that much about what women and female characters wear in anime, but I just meant I'm not going to start some insane feminist rant or join some stupid feminist movement about how it is "sexist" (especially in this show, where Gray is almost always seen shirtless and Natsu wears an open vest with nothing under it). Seeing Erza even wear armor outside of battle Is actually kind of refreshing, and now we see why she feels safer with it on. Of course, she does wear a "glamorous" suit to the casino, mostly at the request of Lucy (who somewhat regretted it). I always thought it was weird how Erza was magically able to change her clothes.

There was a lot to like in the casino. I loved Natsu betting on 17 and getting angry at the machine that he lost. Then, we see, as I said before, Juvia's plea to join Fairy Tail. We've already seen that she's smitten with Gray, but he seems so oblivious to it. I am glad, however, that despite said obliviousness, that he immediately realized that she's not a bad guy anymore, especially with the Phantom 4 disbanded. This show is really handling her crush well - I mean, it didn't get in the way during their battle, and while it seems to be part of why she wants to join Fairy Tail, it's not too over-the-top. She did stalk him a bit when they rebuilt the guild, but at least she didn't get in the way.

So Wally is the block guy who appeared first when he witnessed Natsu's anger at the machine, and then pinned him to it. Turns out he, Milliana, Jellal, and Sho were all Erza's "family" from childhood, as a flashback at the beginning indicated. But of course, MIlliana ties up Lucy to threaten Erza to come back with her... and they kidnap Happy because Milliana thinks he's cute. It was a little weird that that one mascot's knife could poke through Sho's cards, but I guess it was needed for Lucy to get out of the rope and go find the others.

It was also a nice touch to not see Happy narrate the preview alongside Natsu, and then have him appear at the end.

I was actually afraid this would be another super weird episode like "Changeling", but it actually wasn't. I rate it a 4.5/5

Blog Entries

Batman: The Animated Series - "Pretty Poison"

Harvey Dent is mysteriously put into a coma, and Bruce comes to suspect Harvey's fiance.

It's Pamela Isley, AKA Poison Ivy's introduction! I like that they took the somewhat-more-grounded approach of her being a scientist-terrorist running a long con rather than some kind of literally-plant-controlling maniacal mutant (sorry, metahuman). You know immediately that she's behind it but I still like watching the mystery unfold. My favorite thing about the episode is definitely Harvey Dent; I wish there had been more episodes with pre-Two-Face Dent showing his and Bruce's friendship to create better buildup to that self-titled episode. IMO that transformation, which is only a few episodes away, happens too early.
    It's worth noting that this episode was written by Animaniacs creator Tom Ruegger, and it kind of shows in the extra amount of humor injected into this one, like Harvey and Pam's conversation about Bruce intercut with ironically-timed scenes of Batman, which is still pretty damn funny to me. Though it's nowhere near the self-referential meta in-jokiness of his later episode, "Beware the Grey Ghost".

Overall it's a good episode for character development but it's overshadowed by later Pam-centric episodes like "House & Garden", "Harley & Ivy", and "Holiday Knights".

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: AlphaOmega

Blog Entries

The Walking Dead: Bury Me Here

Kind of off the rails, but  Carol  finally decided to  help fight Negan after someone thought to tell her what happened in the beginning of this season. . What followed was exactly what you would expect, a bit tragic when  that Kingdom guy was shot , then entirely random when  Morgan snapped and killed Richard , which was kind of a "what" moment. I was kind of trying to process what was happening, because it was a bit hard to follow, but the plot actually moved somewhere for once, so that's great.

Blog Entries

Samurai Jack - Episode XCII

I wasn't going to miss the chance to see one my favorite childhood cartoons making it's return. I've been looking forward to season 5 of Samurai Jack ever since it came out, and I have to say, it was well worth the wait, because this episode pretty much delivered on everything.

Things open on a high note when Jack shows up on a motorcycle wearing armor and carrying guns and weapons with him to save an alien family from some of those robot beetles Aku always used back in the original seasons. Instead of the original opening song, we get a scene where Jack monologues about how it's been 50 years since he was sent to the future, that he's stopped aging, that he has no way to get home, and starts quoting the original theme song (I have no idea if this is supposed to be the new permanent opening for the season or not). Jack's gone crazy and starts hallucinating his parents and a mysterious man in armor riding a horse in a green mist. Eventually he makes it to a village that he finds to have been destroyed by an evil robot assassin who is pretty much a walking parody version of Sammy Davis Jr. The robot discovers that Jack lost his sword (we see a flashback where it falls into some kind of pit) and fights him using a flute and scatting to control rocks and a sword. But naturally Jack kills him, takes the robots knife, and drives off. Meanwhile there's also a sub-plot of some evil cult full of Aku worshipers, where a priestess gives birth to seven children and immediately spends several years of brainwashing them to become ultimate killing machines for Aku and kill Samurai Jack. The episode ends with them as adults being sent to finally kill Jack, then it cuts to the series logo, and the credits role playing the original theme song again.

So yeah, this episode was pretty awesome. The best part of it is the animation. Despite that it's been over a decade and the show is now using completely computerized drawings instead of the hand-drawn images of the original show, the animation does a faithful job recapturing the look of the original seasons. In fact, it's almost impossible to tell the difference except for maybe one or two scenes where they use CGI here. The fights are still as impressive too look at and is as violent is ever. The landscapes looks stunning and beautiful. The darker tone also works well, since we have things like Jack traumatized and cynical, ritualistic childbirth as part of a cult, and violence against children, including a scene where a giant muscular fighter beats the crap out of the seven daughters when their only kids. Speaking of which, the daughters are pretty interesting additions to the show, though we don't find out much about them or their personalities, except that the leaders seems to be the one who looks like dark-haired version of Ilana from Sym-Bionic Titan. Despite the new tone, the show still has its humor, mostly in the scene where the Sammy Davis Jr robot shows up, I like the darker tone, but I'm glad they didn't immediately go over the top with it, and that the show still has moments of light-heartiness and humor to break up the tension. We don't see Aku in this episode, although the Sammy Davis Jr phones him and we hear his voice. It may not be his original voice actor Mako anymore, but the new guy they got as a soundalike to replace him sounds very similar to him, so I'm looking forward to seeing Aku show up in the person again.

Overall, Samurai Jack's return was absolutely fantastic, keeping the great action and the animation that made the original series stand out, as well giving a new darker tone and a more serialized structure to the story. The result is that the new episode is as fun to watch as the original ones were. It's also nice to see that in an era where Cartoon Network is bringing back some of their old classic cartoons and making them suck now, at least one of them back as great as it was back in the day. It may have taken longer then it was announced, but Samurai Jack is finally back, and is as amazing as it was so many years ago. I can't wait until the next episode comes out.

Blog Entries

The Magic School Bus
    "Inside Ralphie"

"OMG! A 27-year-old is watching and reviewing a preschool show! What is this world coming to?!" Okay, let's get that crap out of the way. I've had an urge to watch this one because I did a cosplay of Ralphie at MoComCon, a one-day miniature convention at the Silver Spring Public Library in Maryland. I'm planning to reprise him for Otakon later this year (with some friends who are going as Carlos and Arnold).

Looking back on this show as an adult, I noticed a few things. For one, Miss Frizzle digging in her closet for the phone. Seriously, she has all this cool stuff and is basically a time lord, and in this very episode she can communicate with Ralphie from inside him but she can't keep track of a freaking telephone? I am going to admit that it was nice of them to go Ralphie's place for Broadcast Day when he couldn't make it. It reminds me of when something fun was happening at school and I was sick and disappointed that I couldn't go. But how did they get into Ralphie's room? They didn't fly in through the window the first time... they were just outside one moment and somehow came in through his door. Did his mom forget to lock the door? She did mention his grandpa was downstairs, though we didn't see him... is he just another senile cartoon old man? Also, this is where we first learn Ralphie's last name is Tinelli. I've been using it when I describe my cosplays, but I just thought it was some nerd trivia.

I won't go over the stuff about the cuts because the Word From the Producer went over all that, but there's one thing that even as a kid I noticed. The bus was in danger of being eaten alive by white blood cells and Miss Frizzle just speaks calmly. Even when I was a single-digit child, I always thought that was weird. On the brink of death, she usually just remains calm and looks excited. The only time I remember her making so much as a scared face was in the "Lost In Space" episode when Janet threw the asteroid at the bus, but even then she didn't say anything.

Still, a fun watch and I was glad to see this show again after almost 20 years. Since it's mostly nostalgia based, I won't bother giving this show a rating. Although, I'm upset that I forgot one of his catchphrases when I was at MoComCon. "Is it just me, or is that...." I remember he said it a few other times too. I'll remember to say it more at Otakon, because there's so many places I could have said it at MoComCon.

You really don't need to point your age out anymore when you watch these shows. We get it.

In any case, Magic School Bus is still gr8.

Thread Information