Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: What's the last TV show you watched?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by Walid View Post
    I'm on a rewatch of Community; currently on season two. if anything I'm enjoying it more than the first time around. the humor is really consistent and is totally my kind of humor{meta, for anyone who hasn't seen it}. not exactly looking forward to revisiting season four, but...
    This video (or at least the first one-third of it) made me want to watch Community, because of its resemblance with Disney's Recess :

We also saw the pilot episode in my scriptwriting class, or at least the cold open. It was pretty funny, and I enjoyed some of the meta humor there that you described.

The diegetic way the bell-ringing is revealed to have come from the boombox was pretty clever. It certainly doesn't feel like your average low-brow humor that relies on the most conventional jokes.

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sandurt

Nice you do scriptwriting classes? Me too, but they gave us an The Office clip

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Borner1990

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Started Star Trek: Lower Decks. What Archer is to James Bond, this is to Star Trek, though there is a lot less sex and horrible people.

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sandurt View Post
    Season 4 was horrendous
    I like to sometimes get a general consensus on individual seasons for shows, especially comedies like this, because there's sometimes talks of a decline of sorts. And everyone was saying how bad season four was... yeah, it was a pretty big let down, for sure.

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sandurt

I finished season 5 of Archer in two days, and holy shit it was 1000000000x better than I firsted remembered it was amazing the second best season imo now.

Props to Archer Vice now I gotta watch season 6 because holy shit it was good. Two days left forward season 11!

Saw about 3 minutes of The Mindy Project before being bored.

I usually know beforehand whether I will like a new comedy before I give it a try, but it's fun to compare how long I can watch each new show before wanting to turn it off

11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sandurt

Gintama: Silver Soul Arc Part 2

Sigh.

That sums up how I feel about Gintama's ending. It's at the same time one of the greatest anime action comedies ever produced, and yet, also one of the most problematic. Not gonna spoil too much, but the "ending" of the final episode pretty much mocks the author of the manga the anime is based on for deciding, at the very last minute, not to end the Gintama story after all. If Deadpool breaks the fourth wall, Gintama nukes it, clean up its remains, then blows it up with a thousand C4. That final fifteen minutes of the last episode was at the same time one of the most hilarious meta moments in the anime, and also its most frustrating. In spite of the SS arc being hyped up as "the ending to Gintama" for such a long time, the final minutes were "Haha, gotcha! Did you really think we were gonna end it this time?" It's the equivalent of Bart Simpson writing on the chalkboard in the cartoon opening, "I will end the series this time." To its credit, only Gintama would be ambitious enough to end the anime with a "Nah fam; we're not really ending the anime" ending. It's done it plenty of times to be honest, almost a running gag really. This time only feels different because it blatantly teased the ending of the franchise in a very overt manner.

But all jokes aside, I was really prepared for one of my favorite anime to really come to an end. Everything was built up so nicely. All of the past characters showed up as a reunion, the "final boss" of the anime got defeated (sort of), and important character deaths were present (sort of; some of them were revived with slight variations to their appearance). Okay, so maybe these "sort ofs" added up to the foreshadowing that they might not really have planned to end the series after all, but come on, it would've been a perfect finale. lol

And I know I said these plenty of times about anime I really like, but it has indeed been a journey. Gintama provided both laughs and tears. It was at the same time a parody that makes fun of politics and other anime while also a tearjerking drama where the essence of a person's spirit and his meaning of existence are explored. It was a solid comedy with the best of both worlds, with its story set in both feudal Japan and also over the stretches of outer-space.

The Silver Soul arc made it feel like I was returning to an old friend, saying my goodbyes one last time. After the seriousness of the main plot was over, after the world war between the final boss and the good guys finally came to an end with all parties exhausted, wounded or dead, the anime was taking its time to indulge the audience with the familiar kind of dumb (but charming) slapstick comedy that we've come to love as if it would be the last time we would come to experience this.

For all the faults or cliches it might have, Gintama really gave me a good time, keeping my spirits up, and perhaps offering me to shed a few tears (or a few buckets) from time to time. Its soundtrack can be whimsical, action-packed, epic and yet also heartbreaking.

While not even close to being a masterpiece, Gintama still deserves to stand among the greats.

4/5

Oh, and there's a movie coming: Gintama: The Final (it's not the final, no way).

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sandurt

Blog Entries

Friends Season 5.
    My Favorite and Least Favorite from every season.
    U1: Babysitting Maggie/Burp Contest, U2: Space Patrol/The Funeral, U3: The Bart Simpson Show/Bart's Nightmare, S1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Odyssey, S2: Lisa's Substitute/Principal Charming, S3: Saturdays Of Thunder /Mr. Lisa Goes To Washington, S4: Homer The Heretic/Marge In Chains, S5: Deep Space Homer/Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song, S6: Lisa's Rival/Another Simpsons Clip Show, S7: Bart Sells His Soul/Scenes From The Class Struggle In Springfield, S8: The Springfield Files/My Sister, My Sitter, S9: The City Of New York vs Homer Simpson/All Singing, All Dancing, S10: Lisa Gets An 'A'/When You Dish Upon A Star, S11: Behind The Laughter/Kill The Alligator And Run, S12: Trilogy Of Error/Simpson Safari, S13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/The Frying Game, S14: Bart vs Lisa vs The 3rd Grade/Helter Shelter, S15: I, (Annoyed Grunt) Bot and The Wandering Juvie/Bart Mangled Banner, S16: Don’t Fear The Roofer/On A Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister, S17: Girls Just Want To Have Sums/Bonfire Of The Manatees, S18: 24 Minutes/Rome-Old and Juli-Eh, S19: The Debarted/All About Lisa, S20: Coming To Homerica/Lisa The Drama Queen, S21: Homer The Whopper/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed, S22: Homer The Father/Love Is A Many Strangled Thing, S23: Holidays Of Future Passed/Treehouse Of Horror XXII and Lisa Goes Gaga, S24: The Saga Of Carl/Love Is A Many Splintered Thing, S25: Steal This Episode/Diggs, S26: Simpsorama/The Musk Who Fell To Earth, S27: Barthood/Friend With Benefit, S28: The Town/The Last Traction Hero, S29: Flanders Ladder/Treehouse Of Horror XXVIII, S30: Baby You Can't Drive My Car/Treehouse Of Horror XXIX, S31: Highway To Well/Warrin' Priests, Both Parts, S32: Treehouse Of Horror XXXI/The 7 Beer Itch.

SEASON 32 SO FAR:

Undercover Burns: 2.5/5, I, Carumbus: 3.5/5, Now Museum, Now You Don't: 1/5
    Treehouse Of Horror XXXI: 5/5 (Toy Gory: 5/5, Into The Homerverse: 2/5, Be Nine, Rewind: 6/5)
    The 7 Beer Itch: 0.5/5 - WORST OF SEASON SO FAR
    Podcast News: 3/5, Three Dreams Denied: 1.5/5
    The Road to Cincinnati: ?/5, Sorry Not Sorry: ?/5, A Springfield Summer Christmas for Christmas: ?/5

GHOST TYRANT KICKS OUT TRUMP! D DEBBS's Avatar

LAST NIGHT:

Robot Chicken
    Some of MLB TV (channel 152 on DISH Network)
    Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour on BUZZR
    Local TV news

Blog Entries

Top Gear USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Borner1990 View Post
    Gintama: Silver Soul Arc Part 2

Sigh.

That sums up how I feel about Gintama's ending. It's at the same time one of the greatest anime action comedies ever produced, and yet, also one of the most problematic. Not gonna spoil too much, but the "ending" of the final episode pretty much mocks the author of the manga the anime is based on for deciding, at the very last minute, not to end the Gintama story after all. If Deadpool breaks the fourth wall, Gintama nukes it, clean up its remains, then blows it up with a thousand C4. That final fifteen minutes of the last episode was at the same time one of the most hilarious meta moments in the anime, and also its most frustrating. In spite of the SS arc being hyped up as "the ending to Gintama" for such a long time, the final minutes were "Haha, gotcha! Did you really think we were gonna end it this time?" It's the equivalent of Bart Simpson writing on the chalkboard in the cartoon opening, "I will end the series this time." To its credit, only Gintama would be ambitious enough to end the anime with a "Nah fam; we're not really ending the anime" ending. It's done it plenty of times to be honest, almost a running gag really. This time only feels different because it blatantly teased the ending of the franchise in a very overt manner.

But all jokes aside, I was really prepared for one of my favorite anime to really come to an end. Everything was built up so nicely. All of the past characters showed up as a reunion, the "final boss" of the anime got defeated (sort of), and important character deaths were present (sort of; some of them were revived with slight variations to their appearance). Okay, so maybe these "sort ofs" added up to the foreshadowing that they might not really have planned to end the series after all, but come on, it would've been a perfect finale. lol

And I know I said these plenty of times about anime I really like, but it has indeed been a journey. Gintama provided both laughs and tears. It was at the same time a parody that makes fun of politics and other anime while also a tearjerking drama where the essence of a person's spirit and his meaning of existence are explored. It was a solid comedy with the best of both worlds, with its story set in both feudal Japan and also over the stretches of outer-space.

The Silver Soul arc made it feel like I was returning to an old friend, saying my goodbyes one last time. After the seriousness of the main plot was over, after the world war between the final boss and the good guys finally came to an end with all parties exhausted, wounded or dead, the anime was taking its time to indulge the audience with the familiar kind of dumb (but charming) slapstick comedy that we've come to love as if it would be the last time we would come to experience this.

For all the faults or cliches it might have, Gintama really gave me a good time, keeping my spirits up, and perhaps offering me to shed a few tears (or a few buckets) from time to time. Its soundtrack can be whimsical, action-packed, epic and yet also heartbreaking.

While not even close to being a masterpiece, Gintama still deserves to stand among the greats.

4/5

Oh, and there's a movie coming: Gintama: The Final (it's not the final, no way).
    I thought the ending could've been 1000x worse, but it wasn't everything I hoped for. I love Gintama 5/5 for the show, and a 4.5/5 for the arc

Blog Entries

The last season of "Guiding Light."

Quote Originally Posted by D DEBBS View Post
    LAST NIGHT:

Robot Chicken
    Some of MLB TV (channel 152 on DISH Network)
    Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour on BUZZR
    Local TV news
    i like it too

Blog Entries

Law And Order

Blog Entries

Legend of Korra

my original intent was to finish this show quickly but I kinda lost interest... shortly after the end of season three/start of season four. it's no Avatar, but it's still pretty decent. each season having its own plot and villains is really hit-and-miss, though I've read that the production on this show was always kind of troubled so I can't really fault it for that. probably going to finish it in the next couple of days.

Blog Entries

Just watched the F1 race from Russia, and have put my thoughts on 3 blogs.

Blog Entries

The first season of The Walking Dead.

Fourth Season of Dexter which was beautiful

Blog Entries

Just watching American Horror Story, to get me even more into the Halloween spirit.

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

Today, I watched Connecting on NBC. Connecting is a sitcom about COVID-19 and quarantine. Seven friends basically just sit and talk together about their problems, past stuff, accomplishments, and quarantine life.
    Simpsons S32 ratings: - "Undercover Burns" - 1.5/5 - "I, Carumbus" - 4/5 - "Now Museum, Now You Don't" - 1.5/5 - "Treehouse 31" - 3.5/5 - "7 Beer Itch" - 1.5/5 - "Podcast News" - 3.5/5 - "Three Dreams Denied" - 1.5/5 - "Road to Cincinnati" - 1.5/5 - "Sorry Not Sorry" - TBA - "A Springfield Summer Christmas" - TBA

Bless the Harts S2 ratings: - "Violet's Secret" - 4/5 - "Last Supper" - 3.5/5 - "My Best Frenda" - 4.5/5 - "Dead Mall" - 4/5 - "Pound Pinchers" - 4/5 - "McEntire Truth" - 3.5/5 - "Mega-Lo-Memories 2" - 5/5 - "Pumped" - TBA - "Invasion of the Potty Snatcher" - TBA

Bob's Burgers S11 ratings: - "Dream a Little Bob of Bob" - 3.5/5 - "Worms of In-Rear-ment" - 4/5 - "Copa-Bob-bana" - 4/5 - "Heartbreak Hotel-oween" - 4/5 - "Fast Time Capsules at Wagstaff School" - 4.5/5 - "Bob Belcher and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Kids" - 4.5/5 - "Diarrhea of a Poopy Kid" 3.5/5 - "Terminalator: Terminals of Endearment" - 4/5 - "Mommy Boy" - TBA - "Yachty or Nice" - TBA

Family Guy S19 ratings: - "Stewie's First Word" - 1/5 - "Talented Mr. Stewie" - 3.5/5 - "Boys & Squirrels" - 0.5/5 - "Cutawayland" - 2.5/5 - "La Famiglia" - 0.5/5 - "Meg's Wedding" - 1.5/5 - "Wild Wild West" - 3.5/5 - "Pawtucket Pat" - TBA - "First No L" - TBA

Fox stop-motion christmas special: - TBA

Great North ratings:

Duncanville S2 ratings:

Blog Entries

How To Get Away With Murder.

Re-watching Futurama finished S1 yesterday, and finished S8 of my re-watch of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. I'm almost done with S1 of Malcolm In The Middle which I haven't seen in ages

Blog Entries

Let's see... Some classic Mickey Mouse cartoons.

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dragon Ball Classic.

Sue me, I like it more than Dragon Ball Z

Blog Entries

I'm indifferent to the original and Z.

Anyway, NCIS.

The last time Ive watched a tv it was Top Geat with old squad - Clarkson,Hammond and May
    Last edited by OceanDean; 10-25-2020 at 01:43 PM.
    My telegram channel with EDM music (grime,dubstep,bassline)
    My own website

Blog Entries

The Goldbergs.

Blog Entries

Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Attack on Titan - The Other Side of the Wall - 4/5

I disliked how they crammed so much mythology in the last three episodes. And by the sounds of it season 4 is going to be even more condensed and rushed to tackle the massive final two arcs - hopefully not though.
    "Don't waste your moments in life, you never know when you'll stop waking up." MARYAM ZAREI
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I'm a writer, I use people for what I write...let the world beware." CATHERINE TRAMELL

Blog Entries

Currently, the American Dad! Episode "Fathers Daze" So far, I would give it a 2/5

Thread Information