Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NHC Winter Music Showdown (RESULTS)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Global Moderator Smiling Politely's Avatar

2016 NHC Winter Music Showdown (RESULTS)

We're ready to start the showdown with a total of 64 tracks and 25 participants! All the match ups have been randomised. Each round will last roughly three days, I will let you know as we go when each one will end. There will be rounds: 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d, 2a, 2b, 3, 4, 5, 6.

Enjoy the new tunes.

Round 1A
    Round closes on Monday, January 25 at 9pm (EST)

The Chills - Night of Chill Blue
    vs
    Spain - Everytime I Try

Pepe Deluxé - My Flaming Thirst‬
    vs
    Caroline Keating - Billy Joel

Tanya Tagaq – Aorta
    vs
    Carrie Nations- Raving Notion

Sole - Plutonium
    vs
    Menomena - Pique

Janelle Monae – We Were Rock and Roll
    vs
    The Swingers - Counting the Beat

The Dandelion - A Sweet Death Song
    vs
    Andrew Bird - Fake Palindromes

Cinematic Orchestra - Channel 1 Suite
    vs
    Simon Joyner - Some Fathers Let The Sunset Bring Them To Their Knees

Astronauts, Etc - Land Locked Blues
    vs
    Jurriaan Andriessen ‎- Overtones

1. The Chills - Night of Chill Blue
    These were really close for me, I really enjoyed both. Spain song was a bit long for what it was. Night of Chill Blue just did a bit more for me. This was genuinely close though, really great start to the pairings.

2. Pepe Deluxé - My Flaming Thirst‬
    Pepe Deluxe had me hooked right away. The music, the vocals, the overall sound of it... It all just really works for me. I really liked Caroline Keating too, really charming stuff. This wasn't a hard decision, as the former just grabbed me more, but I really liked both.

3. Tanya Tagaq – Aorta
    That Tanya Tagaq track is dark and magical and I love it, I love everything about it. I'm actually digging Carrie Nations too, but it just didn't hook me in the same way.

4. Menomena - Pique
    I feel like Plutonium is a track that would grow on me with subsequent relistens. I liked Pique with one listen.

5. Janelle Monae – We Were Rock and Roll
    I have been meaning to properly check out Janelle Monae's stuff and this just reinforces that. Fun song, good voice. The Swingers was fine. I didn't dislike it, but nothing blew me away. Easy choice.

6. Andrew Bird - Fake Palindromes
    I didn't love either track, but I didn't dislike either. Going with Andrew Bird, which I think I prefer, but this could have gone either way for me.

7. Cinematic Orchestra - Channel 1 Suite
    I loved Channel 1 Suite basically right away. I figured it would get my vote before I was even through with it. Simon Joyner was enjoyable too, I liked it pretty quickly as well and would be bummed to see it out right away. Has to be Cinematic Orchestra though.

8. Jurriaan Andriessen ‎- Overtones
    I would 100% have been down for Astronauts, Etc if not for the vocals. The music was lovely, but the vocals were... meh? Overtones was a totally cool track though, my head was bobbing right away, I want to hear this again.

Pretty solid round overall, really excited for this showdown.

1. Spain- Everytime I Try (really like both, damn)
    2. Caroline Keating- Billie Joel (didn't really like either of them)
    3. Carrie Nations- Raving Notion (other one is not for me at all)
    4. Menomena - Pique (Never heard of this song and actually dig it. Off to a good start for finding new music)
    5. The Swingers- Counting the Beat (neither did anything for me really.)
    6. Andrew Bird- Fake Palindromes (both are okay)
    7. Simon Joyner - Some Fathers Let The Sunset Bring Them To Their Knees (Other track isn't bad, but the Joyner track is the best of the round)
    8. Jurriaan Andriessen - Overtones (Can't see either of these doing that well. That other track is horrid)

Blog Entries

That Channel 1 Suite song is deceptive! I was expecting Buddy Rich!

Blog Entries

1. Spain - "Everytime I Try"
    2. Pepe Deluxé - "My Flaming Thirst‬"
    3. Carrie Nations - "Raving Notion"
    4. Menomena - "Pique"
    5. Janelle Monae – "We Were Rock and Roll"
    6. Andrew Bird - "Fake Palindromes"
    7. Cinematic Orchestra - "Channel 1 Suite"
    8. Jurriaan Andriessen - "Overtones"

The Chills was... well, chill. It felt a bit repetitive and the sound quality seemed a bit muffled, but it was a pleasant enough listen in spite of that. Spain on the other hand, in addition to being crystal clear coming through my headphones, had some really nice lyrics, great vocals, some super smooth guitar, was slow without feeling drawn out, and just had this feel to it that's similar to some other stuff I've found myself drawn to lately. Vote goes to Spain.

Phew, those first few seconds of Pepe Deluxe had me worried I was in for a bad time (There was just something ominously off-putting about it), thankfully that changed quickly. This may well be an album I need to seek out in full. It was like listening to a long lost theme to a James Bond movie and it was absolutely intoxicating. Can't say I was very fussed on Caroline Keating. The piano didn't have much to it and the vocals didn't stand out. It feels like music I'd hear but take very little notice of in a commercial for like... I dunno, something dull like cat food or a useless phone app. Pepe Deluxe gets a vote, no question about it.

Holy shit, the opening of the Tanya Tagaq with those screeching noises was bad. Not the sort of thing one wants to hear through their headphones at 1:41 AM. Mind you, it's not something I'd care to hear at any time. It just gets worse too, that fucking throat singing and the video and just... everything here is unlikable, and it just keeps on going. I don't much care for Carrie Nations either, but that's just because I've generally never cared for much in the way of punk music. I'll give Carrie Nations my vote but only because I didn't find myself actively checking to see how much time was left.

Maybe it's because I just listened to two tracks I dislike, but I'm really appreciating this Sole track more than I probably would otherwise. Pretty sure I've heard this before actually. Given the amount of hip hop mixtapes I've gone through that doesn't surprise me. Some solid stuff right here, though I'm more into the beat than I am the rapping itself on this one. Loved everything about the Menomena track though, again, some great lyrics and vocals here that are gonna be stuck in my head for quite some time. Nice upbeat tune to contrast with the lamenting of the singer's shitty upbringing too. Vote goes to Menomena.

Oh, I think I'm in love with this Janelle Monae song. Another instance of "I gotta listen to the full album". Beautiful voice, great rhythm, funky as fuck and makes me wanna dance. Everything I could ask for and more. The Swinger track was a fun one that got me moving a bit too and I'd for sure listen to again and had it been against a lesser track I'd have voted for it but I can't deny Janelle Monae a vote here.

The Dandelion has that nice psychedelic 60's vibe going for it that's super easy to zone out too. Not much else to say on that really. I like it. I'm not totally sure how I feel about Andrew Bird. It was certainly more interesting and had a better energy to it but I just don't know if I'm 100% on board with it and I can't quite tell why. Gonna give it my vote though because there's certainly something there that has my attention more than The Dandelion.

Cinematic Orchestra was super nice. A little repetitive but I don't mind that when it comes to largely instrumental Jazz tunes. Simon Joyner, I'm sorry to seem dismissive, but "Ew, country" is what springs to mind instantly when I hear this sort of thing. Just not my cup of tea in the slightest. I know technically speaking it's "Americana" but it still bores the crap out of me regardless, especially in comparison to Cinematic Orchestra, which is getting the vote from me here.

Astronauts, Etc would be more enjoyable without the vocals IMO. Like, before those kicked in my mind was like "Mmmmmmmmm" and then as soon as the singing started it was just "... oh". Kinda killed it for me. If those vocals hadn't been present it would have actually made picking between it and Jurriaan Andriessen way harder. Jurriaan Andriessen gets a vote for now, though truth be told, for how neat it is, there really isn't much to it that would make it stand out.
    How to remaster

Beyond the point of no return Xaiv's Avatar
    Blog Entries

1. Between The Chills and Spain, Night of Chill Blue wins easily. I love the atmosphere of The Chills, it sounds very dreamy and relaxed. Spain is just plain boring. I'm sorry to say it but I was just wondering when the track was going to be over.

2. Both excellent tracks in this match. Pepe Deluxe was bombastic and sultry, almost. I really liked the vocals on it and the general feel of the music. I know it's probably off base but it reminds me of something out of a Tarantino movie. However, Caroline Keating basically won my soul. It's such a simple song but it's so beautiful! I especially like the "chunky" rhythm of it and I especially love her voice. I can't get enough of this track, tbh. Billy Joel wins but only by a hare.

3. I can definitely say Aorta is not for me. I can understand the appeal of Tanya Tagaq but it didn't resonate with me. I like the drums, that's about all I can say for it. Raving Notion is right up my alley, though. Absolutely love the guitar in this track. The vocals took some time getting used to but once I grooved with the track, it was my favorite. Carrie Nations is a band I may have to look into further. Raving Notion wins.

4. Sole has really good flow and really good lyrics. I really like the political, social message he's speaking. What he's speaking is passionate and true, some really mind-blowing imagery in the song. I really, really like it. This is a tough match-up, though. Menomena is a grooving, steady track with awesome instrumentation and melody. The lyrics are really something else... I love, love, love this track. My favorite so far. Pique wins.

5. We Were Rock And Roll is a good track. It has wonderful melody and instrument, there are some great guitar lines in it but it simply didn't land with me. Then again, Counting The Beat didn't either. The only thing enjoyable abou The Swingers is the bass... otherwise, it's pretty lackluster. This match-up fell flat for me. Between the two, I think I actually prefer Janelle Monae so We Were Rock And Roll wins.

6. The Dandelions is a wonderful, swaying track. I love the pyschadelic aspects of it. I just love how it seems to swagger and strut with its own attitude. The guitarwork is outta this world, so simple and downplayed but really fucking awesome. This song just rules. Probably my second favorite to Pique. I will definitely look into this band. And with the start of Fake Palindromes, this may be the fierceist match-up yet. Andrew Bird shines with both lyrics and instrumentation in this song. The bass plods along and the guitar is quiet (until the music breaks between the verses) and the drums take the song along. I love both of these tracks but A Sweet Death Song wins it out. Sorry, Andrew.

7. I love the etheral nature of the Cinematic Orchestra track. It's very vibrant and incredibly dream-like. You can never go wrong with a song that has trumpets like this. The echoey vocals also work very well with the trumpet. There's just so much going on in this song. The drums near the end of the song blew me away. It's a lovely, atmospheric track. I love how it slowly built up and then exploded, what a wonderful track. The Simon Joyner track seems to be the opposite of Cinematic Orchestra - subdued, quiet, reserved. The Simon Joyner track is wonderful and beautiful but pitted up against Channel 1 Suite, it's an easy pick. Cinematic Orchestra wins but I cannot stress how much I love the other track. Really, really hard matchup.

8. Holy fuck, Land Locked Blues is a heartbreaking song. The guy has the voice of an angel. The music is simply sublime. It sounds magical but in terms of the lyrics, it makes the music sound reflective and contemplative. Wow, what a zinger of a track but a bummer. I like it, though. Overtones is an odd track, definitely. It's jazzy, rhythmic, alien. Overall, it left me scratching my head. I think I'm gonna have to go with Land Locked Blues for the winner.

---

Good lord, guys, the songs I nommed don't stand a chance to some of these tracks! I'm blown away by some of these songs, it's gonna be a great showdown.

Good Morning, Captain NoDeerForAMonth's Avatar

1. The Chills - Night of Chill Blue: It should of had more energy, but it was a good song I guess.
    Spain - Everytime I Try: It's OK, dream pop/slowcore are confining genres.

2.Pepe Deluxé - My Flaming Thirst‬: I like the music, but I'm not a fan of the vocals.
    Caroline Keating - Billy Joel : Sounds like Lisa Simpson.

3.Tanya Tagaq – Aorta : Interesting
    Carrie Nations- Raving Notion : Cool post-punk

4.Sole - Plutonium : Definitely not for me
    Menomena - Pique : very boring

5.Janelle Monae – We Were Rock and Roll : I like it, but it feels spliced and too long.
    The Swingers - Counting the Beat: underwelming but fun. it has a great chorus

6.The Dandelion - A Sweet Death Song : I like it. Jangle pop meets synth rock.
    Andrew Bird - Fake Palindromes: Another good one. This is probobly the hardest match

7.Cinematic Orchestra - Channel 1 Suite : Cool, I like it. Better than normal jazz. Too long though.
    Simon Joyner - Some Fathers Let The Sunset Bring Them To Their Knees : Not for me.

8.Astronauts, Etc - Land Locked Blues : not for me
    Jurriaan Andriessen ‎- Overtones: not for me

Blog Entries

posting votes for now. will expand later, not in a justifying mood.

3. Tanya Tagaq - Aorta
    4. Menomena - Pique
    5. Janelle Monae - We Were Rock and Roll
    6. Andrew Bird - Fake Palindromes
    8. Jurriaan Andriessen - Overtones

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

1. Spain - Everytime I Try
    3.Carrie Nations- Raving Notion
    4. Sole - Plutonium
    5. Janelle Monae – We Were Rock and Roll
    6. The Dandelion - A Sweet Death Song
    8. Astronauts, Etc - Land Locked Blues
    Last edited by Mr. Teenie; 01-22-2016 at 08:07 PM. Reason: changed my mind for #8

wasn't digging much of anything here.

01. the chills - night of chill blue
    02. pepe deluxe - my flaming thirst‬
    03. carrie nations- raving notion
    04. menomena - pique
    05. janelle monae - we were rock and roll
    06. the dandelion - a sweet death song
    07. cinematic orchestra - channel 1 suite
    08. jurriaan andriessen ‎- overtones (if this had some drums i'd probably really like it.)

that artwork for the janelle monae track was giving me some serious debra laws vibes:

vs
    Spain - Everytime I Try

vs

Tanya Tagaq – Aorta
    vs

Sole - Plutonium
    vs
    Menomena - Pique

vs

vs

vs

vs
    Last edited by box elder; 01-25-2016 at 10:03 AM.

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

vs
    Spain - Everytime I Try

vs

Tanya Tagaq – Aorta
    vs

Sole - Plutonium
    vs
    Menomena - Pique

vs

vs

vs

vs

Blog Entries

1- The Chills
    love that indie sound from the eighties, other song had it's moments but a bit too watery for me
    2- Pepe Delux
    This was a bit, I dunno. It was OK. the other one, ugh, so generic. the vocals were so, ordinary. that didn't say anything for me, sounded like your average radio hit.
    3- Carrie Nations
    Thsi song was very cool, in a uk sort of way. the other one was laughable, someone is trying to hard, what was that? some sort of black metal/adele crossover. I can't wait to see who nominated that.
    4- Menomena.
    Again, I had no choice here. This tune was ok, nothing special. Other song was just....ugh. Look, good hip-hop is good, bad hip-hop is terrible. That was....ugh. Gimme a break, something better next time please!
    5- The Swingers
    This is more like it. I mean, I like Split Endz, this wasn't as good but a veiled attempt at something interesting, which is more than can be said for the other. The other one? I dunno, it was ok, but I don't get why anyone would nominate something so generic for something like this. It would have won if it was up against the loser from round 4 or 3, but not this time.
    6- Andrew Bird
    Finally a decent match up! This one had a lot of stuff going for it, a mellow style but some decent hooks. Both could have won, this is my winner.
    7- Cinematic Orchestra
    Being a bristolian I love trip hop, this was a surefire winner with me but- I don't like to do this but 200k views? I dunno, maybe this is a bit too popular to be in the competition but hey, Fair play to whoever chose this as it is a solid tune.
    8- Overtones
    Two absolutely nothing tracks. I chose the latter because it tried a little harder but christ...hope things get better in the next round.

Overall winner from these is Andrew Bird. Fair play to whoever showed me this. Sorry to say but a lot to be desired so far.
    :gatorpee:

Blog Entries

Judging by the OP in the original thread, it was about finding new music, and looking at unearthed gems. Of course a popular song can have an upload with few views, but an unpopular song cannot have an upload with lots, you know what I mean.

Anywho, it doesn't matter, I don't have a problem. It was a cool tune, and it looks like it's going through anyway, which is good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Black View Post
    I don't like to do this but 200k views? I dunno, maybe this is a bit too popular to be in the competition.
    Disagree entirely. YouTube views alone aren't a surefire way of judging a song's popularity. Sometimes you have to factor in how long the upload has been there. We've had songs in the VGM Showdown with little over one million views before but the upload was like, 6 or 7 years old. That's a long enough time that it could be looked past due to how slowly those views would have had to build over time. Same applies to songs in the regular showdown. Just because a song has that number doesn't automatically put it at the same level as a chart topper that amassed millions of views in a short span of time.

I find it interesting that you take issue with people who are "trying too hard", but you also take issue with people who use tracks with 200k+ views. We have a variety of tracks, from a variety of genres, with a variety of popularity levels--that's cool as hell. As long as the songs aren't blatantly major hits that we'd all know, that variety is part of what makes these things fun.

Beyond the point of no return Xaiv's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yeah, tbh, i haven't heard of any of the bands in the first round. i'd say the goal is being accomplished here.

Blog Entries

wth smiling? It was literally just a jokey comment. trying to hard because they found the most obscure black metal tune ever. I don't take issue with any of the choices credibility, i just didn't like the song.
    The song with 200k views is great, I thought YOU would have taken an issue with it judging by the criteria you set in this competition, y'know, as its your competition. Phew, storm in teacup there. Might just have to skip the reviews from now on and just vote.

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

I haven't listened to all the songs yet but isn't the "obscure black metal song" just an Inuit throat singer?

Blog Entries

Even a million views doesn't necessarily have to be a lot in the context of this showdown. A song could have over a million views just because it's well known in the Netherlands, but that doesn't mean it's known in the rest of the world.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Black View Post
    wth smiling? It was literally just a jokey comment.
    Jokes seem to be rather dangerous territory for you these days.

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam, Xaiv

direct floor engagement steamed_hamms's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the chills one was just way more my thing

bit of a toss of a coin for me this one but neither bad

3. Carrie Nations- Raving Notion
    the other one was just so much the opposite of my type of thing

4. Menomena - Pique
    (tentatively, might come back to this one)

vs

vs

vs

vs

Blog Entries

The Chills - Night of Chill Blue: i love this, it's a gorgeous brewing piece of dreamy post-punk that feels more mysterious, more spiritually inhabited than the usual. the production is top-notch, the snares splash proudly amidst the eerie ringing of the guitars, bass drum insistently pumping as it drives on and gradually slips into thicker guitar and bass textures, the whole track patiently ascending to the fervor that the percussion implies. it's very alive and textural, and quite frankly i found it nearly instantly irresistible. lettin it wrap all around me and swallow me whole mmm.
    vs
    Spain - Everytime I Try: there's a comforting warmth to the vocal here that really manages to put me in such a state of contentment that even if what surrounded it was flat i'd still enjoy this, reminds me of guy garvey from elbow a bit, stepping into the realm of adult contemporary rock if u will but not sacrificing itself in the process. i'd be lying to say this isn't ideal coffee house soundtrack music but i dont think that's an instant negative either, these vibes can be an excellent way to relax, it's wholly unassuming and doesn't attempt to reach beyond it's natural grasp. the solo is kinda lame tbh, feels like it's attempting to add a touch of Kool to what doesnt really need it, but the rest is very serene and puts me at ease, tapping my feet to the lightly tapped beat and carelessly swaying to the grazing bassline. very nice, a solid simple peaceful thing.

both great but i'm going with the chills

Pepe Deluxé - My Flaming Thirst‬: trip hop vibe, operatic vocal, delicately framed shredding guitars, theatrical piano work and drumming that's hard to describe but is just fuckin badass. i'm a big fan of throwing genres and loose musical concepts into a blender but especially when it's executed with such focus, pepe deluxe craft a dramatic warped pop opera that climbs grand emotional heights as the vocals and piano chase on another to see which can scale the highest peak, synths intermittently slithering through and seriously jesus those drums. the tight groove and snapping snares just carry everything so well, it feels like it's bouncing off itself and everything else, as well as keeping it from getting too loose, pulling back into a focused space while not pulling too much to restrict it's grandiosity. an impressive odd display, alot to appreciate.
    vs
    Caroline Keating - Billy Joel: "cute" is the word here. delicate, free, precocious and sweet, the vocal obviously being the best part. the fractured piano feeling very childlike but not quite insipid, like exploring the sounds they create and working with the intrigue that it produces, it's stop and start calling your attention and creating a sensation of movement, like i can imagine her dancing or even just wandering along to the music, playing along with its mood and executing certain steps in tune. the soft brushed percussion is a sound i always kinda melt for so some biased points there. this whole modern traditionalist thing always effortlessly puts a smile on my face, and a spring in my step. i cant hate something that makes me feel Good even if it is called billy joel

again dig both but point goes to pepe deluxe

Tanya Tagaq – Aorta : very tribal yet frightening, like stumbling upon a settlement of cannibals, sensing them encroaching, eventually feeling them breath hot air on your neck. it lurches menacingly and proudly bears it's fangs for the entire duration, holding nothing back in intensity or oddity. the beginning with the eerie cooing and rattling sounds like some unholy birth has just taken place, like some grand demonic ritual. the thumping bass and steady percussion hold tight amongst jagged almost guttural guitars. absolutely gorgeous and visceral and unique, top top top shelf stuff.
    vs
    Carrie Nations- Raving Notion: pretty good equally raw and poppy punk tune, good sound and textures, bass and guitar melding very well, the solo actually sounding pretty cool and it mounts the noise the song previously established. it's pretty no frills and works fine, but i really dont have much to say about it. a solid punk jam, good passionate vocal performance and some fun noise layering. worth more listens for sure

Sole - Plutonium: this has grown on me, but honestly the vocals feel incongruent with the beat for me, the latter being the highlight, with it's sort of drunken, dragging lo-fi percussive groove at the opener and the mixed in trebly tapping, it sounds very full and creative, the smooth guitars and bulbous bass adding quite a bit too. it's very chill and enjoyable but yeah the vocal, while fine in a vacuum, doesnt really fit the passive vibe of the tune, though the breakdown w the siren-like synth actually calls to the more active urgency of the vocal so it works in a way. i suppose this is another case of some starkly contrasting music sounds gorgeous in it's defiance of harmony and some simply sounding incompatible, but yeah while i dig this i want it to better. not at all bad tho.
    vs
    Menomena - Pique: i love this, it's delicately propulsive and swelling with emotion, and it just SOUNDS so good, everything from the just-out-of-frame ringing guitars and the ruminative and explorative thump of toms just sounds exquisite without feeling too calculated or too pristine, it's all very human and every moment feels naturally poured out, as the beat kicks in and the the guitars chirp out, as the sax rides and adds to the track's tidal wave, as the bass groove is so unbelievably solid and emotive that it doesnt even have to remain there constantly for it to be felt, it's presence implied throughout and the build to its next arrival always exciting. the vocal makes me think of tunde adebimpe of tv on the radio which is a good thing, very sweet and soft, yet strained in the right way. i've actually had this album on my computer without having heard it for quite awhile. gonna spin this asap. lovely song.

Janelle Monae – We Were Rock and Roll:
    vs

vs

vs

vs
    Last edited by tyler; 01-25-2016 at 07:56 AM.

gave his life for tourism Magnum's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the chills
    pepe deluxe
    carrie nations
    menomena
    janelle monae
    andrew bird
    cinematic orchestra
    astronauts, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by tones
    I was born with a wah-wah pedal

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

1.Spain - Everytime I Try
    2.Caroline Keating - Billy Joel
    3.Carrie Nations- Raving Notion
    4.Menomena - Pique
    5.Janelle Monae – We Were Rock and Roll
    6.The Dandelion - A Sweet Death Song
    7.Simon Joyner - Some Fathers Let The Sunset Bring Them To Their Knees
    8.Jurriaan Andriessen ‎- Overtones

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    Jokes seem to be rather dangerous territory for you these days.
    I wouldn't call making a comment about someone's song choice dangerous territory.

Lets just put this behind us, and the whole tinychat fiasco because it's not interesting enough to hold a grudge over

Blog Entries

And yet you wonder why people react negatively.

1. The Chills - Night of Chill Blue Both great songs and would happily vote the other song through vs most other songs in this round, but of the two this one is better.

2. Caroline Keating - Billy Joel She reminded me of Regina Spektor and some other woman I can't put my finger on. Not necessarily a bad thing.

3. Tanya Tagaq – Aorta This song was very grating and very enjoyable at the same time. I'm not sure how I feel about it just yet but it was much more interesting that the other song and so it gets my vote.

4. Sole - Plutonium Once this one got going I really liked it. Other song was forgettable

5. Janelle Monae – We Were Rock and Roll This song was great. Has been the song of the round for me.

6. The Dandelion - A Sweet Death Song Both decent songs but Fake Palindromes is an under average Andrew Bird track

7. Cinematic Orchestra - Channel 1 Suite Not a fan of either. I voted for the one which was least dull

8. Jurriaan Andriessen ‎- Overtones Really liked both but I think this one a little more
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Groupie View Post
    If a dude tried to cum on my face I would remove his testicles.

This is the 24 hour warning. The following members have yet to submit their votes or complete the votes they started: @Pax @silent disco @Matty @handsome_devil @Elliot75 @the monster That Ate Everybody @noodlesoup @deadname @steamed_hamms @The Thompsons @ThatsAPaddlin @box elder

Blog Entries

Thread Information