View Poll Results: Wall me up, Scotty!

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5: Borderiffic!

2 20.00%
  • 4/5: Steady wall.

0 0%
  • 3/5: Okay, I guess. Which is a compliment for this show.

2 20.00%
  • 2/5: Bordered on annoying.

3 30.00%
  • 1/5: There should be a wall to imprison this show!

3 30.00%

Thread: Rate & Review: Bordertown - Borderwall (1AXH06)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate & Review: Bordertown - Borderwall (1AXH06)

To avoid any fake votes, I'm not adding the poll until closer to the episode's airing.

Bud spends cash on building a border wall. But since it turns out to be too expensive and he loses his job, he starts sneaking immigrants under it.
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 01-17-2016 at 11:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

since you're not adding the pole until closer to the episodes airing, I'm giving it a preemptive 1/5 unless I change my mind when/if I watch it.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Blog Entries

FATAL ERROR!
    The show is not called BorderLAND! It's BorderTOWN!
    We need to fix this!
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why are you making these if you dont like the show

Blog Entries

Because tormented called dibs on the Family Guy review thread.

Also, because I like to hear people's thoughts and still have decided to give the show at least one season before giving up.

Blog Entries

All right, there now is a poll. But I still would like a mod to correct the title to Bordertown.

Blog Entries

@OldSchoolerSimpsons were you trying to be funny when you called it "Borderland" or did you just have a bit of a brain fart and get mixed up?
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

I just mixed it up.
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 01-17-2016 at 09:26 AM.

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Borderwalllandtown

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: zartok-35

seriously a breaking bad parody

1/5

I found this episode a tiny bit more watchable than the first ep, not really enjoying it,..I just zone out and watch it'd only because it was a cartoon. It's really got that Seth McFar touch, despite all the attempts to put other names on it.. still reeks of Seth. 3/5

Blog Entries

"goofys rape room"

5/5

Blog Entries

I really hope they keep the Road Runner-esque rivalry between Bud and El Coyote going. It's the only truly funny thing this show has going for it (Though I am admittedly a sucker for Road Runner style cartoon antics).

Other gags I enjoyed:
    "Shoots and Ladders"
    The whole "As a government employee, if you sink any lower you'll reset and get to the top" thing explaining George W. Bush's presidency (I feel like it's been so long since I've heard a Bush joke that it doesn't feel like such a worn out target anymore).
    "Foot patrol is a waste of time. Done this for 20 years, never found one foot".
    "Oh my God, an old plane! It must've been heading for the sky and got lost!"
    "When phoned for comment, Buckwald tried to order a pizza"
    "Build a borderwall!"/"Why would you wanna build a bowling ball? Isn't it more important we get my hearing checked!?"
    The Tetris style construction of the wall
    Ernesto dubbing over his dad's disapproval in the training video
    "You wanna come over for a cerveza?"/"No, I do not wanna watch cockroaches dance around a hat!"
    Air lacrosse
    Bud messing up the skywriting message.
    "Welcome to America, you may ruin our country, but our country will ruin your children".
    "I don't like Jazz, especially when I get over my face! Oh, wait, I'm thinking of adult contemporary" (This was a really stupid it joke, but against my better judgement it got me)
    "I can't go to jail! I like to shower on all fours and the guys might tease me about that!"
    That little jazz tune was neat
    Spray painting the stack of cash to look like a safe
    Steve getting the little girl to watch Bud

And here's all the ones I thought sucked:
    The social media bit
    Gay snake
    Quicksand
    "He's one of us"/"My brother is his property"
    The plane crashing into the neighborhood
    The native asking for a fair payment for land and then being all "Just kidding, we don't believe land can be bought, so fuck us, I guess"
    The head nodding gag
    That Robert Frost poem (I guess they really are building up J.C. to be the pretentious, Brian Griffin-esque faux-intellectual douchebag of the series)
    Goofy's Rape Room (What in the fuck was that?)
    That dumb Star Wars reference (I mean, I'm all for them killing J.C., but that was still stupid)
    "I had to be a Samoan guy's mattress for that"
    The deformed inbred guy teaching the kids how to do "Head, shoulders, knees and toes"
    The Hello Kitty thing.
    That bit with the son being an undercover cop.
    "I'd rather go back to dancing for my dad's friends"
    That reporter dying from an internal bee sting and being put on YouTube
    The guy being fed into the woodchipper
    "I'm not an albino, I look this way because I saw a ghost"
    Bud getting stuck in the leafblower
    That office supplies bit
    That shoe jizz bit
    Bud getting hit with a missile (I guess this is gonna be one of those shows that just likes to casually kill characters for a joke then, huh?)
    That CB radio bit
    Janice making reference to cheating on Bud (Well, she was likable for a grand total of one episode. I think that's a record for how quickly a wife on a show with Seth's name attached became shit).
    "The son we don't talk about".
    "Isn't Jazz why the government tried to drown New Orleans?"
    The bit with the judge names
    The GoT throne made of guns for no real reason other than for the sake of a reference.
    That giant mentally disabled guy screaming about puppies and ladies or whatever the fuck all that noise was
    That "In memorium" bit with the Philip Seymour Hoffman image
    "I don't need to tell you that. You wasted your time watching it too", well ain't that the fucking truth.
    That FOX executive bit at the end. The idea of this show lasting three seasons is pretty fucking optimistic.

Other thoughts:
    The plot was shit, the town hall scene is without a doubt the ugliest collection of character designs I've ever seen, this was even worse than the first episode sans the few gags I like that were severely outweighed by the bad ones. The Breaking Bad thing was fine, I guess and at least Becky didn't talk much but sweet Jesus this was bad, and holy fuck, was that John Viener as like, 5 people in this? Call me crazy but it sounded like he was Bud's boss, the mayor, the religious con artist, the adult theater custodian and the military officer.

1.5/5

can they get rid of Bud's family?

actually get rid of all the buckwalds. hell this show might be watchable if it just focused on ernesto and his family, but noooooo

Blog Entries

can't believe some of you are legitimately watching this show that took a backside to fucking kevin spencer like two years ago

Blog Entries

MILDLY BETTER 2/5
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

Blog Entries

To my surprise, this episode wasn't all that bad. Yes it was still not good and lots of jokes fell flat, but at least there were more parts I chuckled at and less jokes I hated. This is probably gonna sound like a more positive review than I want to, but eh.
    The plot was nothing special, but at least better than the lame engagement one in the previous episode. And Bud I guess was a little more likeable. Whereas he in the previous episode just was a complete douche, they more successfully portray him as the naive-patriotic-white-guy vibe the creators are going for. Heck, he had better lines in general as well. Him talking about how much he loves Hello Kitty only to get himself fired again was pretty funny. And him bribing his old boss with more money the more he is closer to discovering his suspicious activities was priceless. The unemployed son got some more lines in this episode and had the most clever joke in this episode; "Bowling ball? Isn't it more important we get my hearing checked?!". The crazy mayor had some chuckleworthy bits too.
    My negatives are still big though. For example, Gert and Becky are still the absolute worst ever in this show, and Becky might even have one of the worst voices I've ever heard for an animated character. I'm not exaggerating. Bud's wife also still feels quite dull. She feels like a much, much less energetic version of Francine, and not really funny. There were also lots, and I mean lots of STUPID jokes in this episode. Goofy's Rape Room, okay that was at least so stupid it was funny. But others like the knees-and-toes song with someone who has his toes on his head (Are you laughing yet? Nah, me neither.), that goddamn annoying assistant to the Mexican druglord who has a terrible voice too, the incredibly forced Star Wars reference and disappointingly, J.C. in general, made me groan. I think people underrate Brian often, he's not always the intellectual pretentious type who keeps showing off, he has lots of other attributes. But J.C. is just... bland. He was okay in the pilot, but here they overdid him to the point that he came across as a bore. Him beginning to read a Robert Frost poem only not to finish it was blasé, and he just doesn't... work. At least he's not as Becky. Please get rid of Becky.
    Not something worth revisiting, but managed to pass as mediocre rather than downright horrible. 5.5/10

Thread Information