• 2/5

4 23.53%
  • 1/5

4 23.53%

Thread: How would you rate FG "The Peanut Butter Kid"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

How would you rate FG "The Peanut Butter Kid"

Peter and Lois have Stewie star in a peanut butter commercial in tonight's hilarious episode.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

Good:
    Peter hunting the pizza
    A metal detector finding another metal detector is a joke I feel like I've seen a hundred times, but I liked the follow up of what happened when they were put really close together, and the Adam West bit was what made it.
    Usher gag was odd but it got a small, perplexed chuckle out of me.
    Joe's "Why don't you let me do me?"
    Stewie's line about the scab kid.
    Peter telling Chris he was no long his favorite son (The violence was terrible, but I loved the "I didn't even tell him. He just does NOT like to be touched" bit)
    The jab at "2 Broke Girls"
    Stewie remarking that Brian was all dressed up in his exposed penis
    The burlesque gag
    Rich guy socks
    "Garden hose will be fine"
    "Wasn't your kid an actor you jack off?"/"Didn't your father hate your guts and die?"/"Woah! Bring a gun to a knife fight!"
    Egg joke
    "My son got crapped on in the last Jackass movie"
    Stewie yelling "I WANNA SAY CURSE WORDS!" when he was all hopped up on the energy drink.
    "YEAH! BYE JUICE!"
    "Mom and dad just uh... stuck a book on my head and uh, and left"
    The Hotel Business Center bit
    Stewie's meltdown on set

Bad:
    What the fuck was that bit with Lois coughing something up and swallowing it back down?
    Purple heart gag and the "I'm gonna puke on the White House" blog.
    Chris beating the fuck out of Peter
    American Apparel slut baby
    Stewie trying to do the splits and injuring his junk
    That 9/11 museum bit
    Stewie bleeding from his fucking EYEBALL
    "If you screw this up mommy's going to kill all of your toys"
    That John Viener character remarking that he wanted Stewie sexually.
    The Coyote attacking Chris.
    The Godzilla thing was super predictable
    "Why are you winking at our baby, you creep?"
    Peter's bit about lying to Lois
    The ending bit with Stewie in the future.

Other comments:
    Hearing Lois say "When Stewie banged his balls on the floor" was... kinda jarring? Not sure why, but it was. The actual plot was just... nothing. I mean, seeing Lois and Peter turn into shitty parents (Well, shittier parents) wasn't fun and the only good to be found in this episode were the gags I listed that, as is usually the case with FG, just serve as padding because the writer's are incapable of pulling a coherent story that flows naturally for 22 minutes off. The only portion of the story that was in anyway enjoyable was when Brian came to Stewie's aid followed by the execution of their plan, and the good vs. the bad gag wise is damn near on par, meaning that the unpleasant and downright shit story skewers things towards a lower score. 2/5
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

yeah this wasn't great. it was bland stuff i've seen from other shows basically thousands of times. despite some gags working (the mayor west bit was pretty great), this plot was just too thin and cookie-cutter to support many laughs.

Stewie centric stories are sometimes my favorites, but It was barely watchable, which is a big plus for FamGuy.. so that means it gets a fat lil' 3/5 stars from me.

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty good. Pretty-pretty good.
    - Larry David

In all seriousness though, it was a fine standard Family Guy episode. The plot wasn't all that special, but I really liked Stewie in this episode. In general, he hasn't been as funny in this season as in others. Him complaining about every one of Brian's actions gets old after a while. Brian himself was the good ol' mentor type. Now, unlike many people I think pretentious/vicious Brian is funny too. But it was still pretty nice to see him be the smart thinking brain too. Some gags were very funny, like the twist of Peter telling Chris he's not his favorite son. That actually saved the joke, as it would have been pretty bad to just end it with Chris hurting Peter. Speaking of Peter (and Lois), the satire of overly demanding parents was hilarious. Peter saying "Holy CHRISTMAS!" after being embarrassed Stewie "screwed it up" was hysterical. It's pretty crazy though that it's already the second time this season he's on drugs. Man, the writers are plain crazy. Some other jokes were good too, like the bit with Adam West, "I want him sexually" and the ending bit where poor Stewie is desperate for cocaine.
    However, I didn't like the cutaways. Sure, maybe 1 or 2 were amusing (like the Godzilla one), but most of them fell flat either due to being so short, badly set up or as in one case, overpandering. The Denise Griffin joke was just her rambling over old times, and it kinda sucked. The last line made me chuckle though. There was also one with Peter cheating on Lois, which was really bad. The episode also felt too rushed, but I think the cutaways may have been the cause of that.
    Oh well, thank God they didn't go the *shudder* Farmer Guy route.

Most jokes are hit, some are miss. It's a nice watch, but one of the less memorable for this season. 8/10
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 01-13-2016 at 03:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

also HDURW they changed the credits theme even though we're only 11 episodes in!

Blog Entries

wow substantially weaker alteration, maybe one of the most uninspired credits themes yet. sad cuz i loved the first one this season. boo 2 this

Blog Entries

yeah i agree it's a lot worse than the first one this season. it feels like it's about to end around 9 seconds in.

Blog Entries

it's fine you vultures!!

Blog Entries

dont be such a Family Guy Credits Theme Apologist!!!

Blog Entries

i know what i like. i just can't stand how everyone here barks at something asap. cause grouphating. people hated this theme the second it started and that wasn't going to change

Blog Entries

honestly i gave it a few listens - it is half a minute so pre easy - and it just doesnt have it's own vibe to me. it feels like a frankenstein of previous murphy credit sequences, up until the final few seconds which have this cool hammering barrage of horns and percussion, very visceral. the rest tho? meh, it's just alot of the same to me, the uproarious grandiosity and definitive SWELLING of the previous one was so infectious and unique, i loved having a theme that kinda strayed from the need to just be fleeting, it was cool. torm's point about it feeling like it's gonna end too soon kinda fits w my issue w it too i think, it doesnt feel like an organic take, more like a BEST OF of a theme. it's really lame to me.

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's fine, but I definitely prefer the first one too. I generally like all of Murphy's end credits themes, but this one lacked something.

Blog Entries

this kind of plot has mostly been done before, so this isn't anything refreshing or new. the jokes were either off entirely (chris beating peter, stewie's bleeding eye, etc.) or funny enough to salvage it a bit (adam west metal detector scene, peter's entire metal detector sequence, rich guy socks, etc.), but that's family guy for you. overall the episode wasn't all that funny and really bored me. 3.5/10

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

Now as most people have noticed this season is that Family Guy has seemed to have gotten over it's shock humor phase and isn't making offensive jokes just for the sake of offending people which was a common problem in mostly seasons 11 and 12. This episode however is probably the only episode where most of it relies on edgy or offensive humor and this episode is almost borderline fucked up at times, but I still enjoyed this episode and it's one of those rare times when it's the only good episode of the night. I think the reason why this episode worked while something like Fresh Heir didn't is because I think the shock value in this episode is kind of justified. This episode is going satirizing those parents that take advantage of their kids when they become child actors and they turn into awful parents because of it. While Peter and Lois are very unlikable at times, I think the way their characterized in this episode is a good thing because it's important to the plot and the satire. I also liked how Brian was the straight man to the whole thing and I think Brian is starting to redeem himself as a character. I think that all of these elements in this episode gives it some kind of twist on this not-so-original plot. Even some of the jokes that would normally bother me were actually funny in this episode like Stewie's eye bleeding, that one guy saying he wanted Stewie sexually, (Didn't really find it funny when Peter said it though.) and Peter giving him drugs to help him with his acting although the latter isn't too surprising as he has gotten drunk before in a few episodes.

There are a lot of funny jokes in this episode, but the best ones is the Denny's egg cutaway, the burlesque show cutaway, Peter at an Usher concert, the 2 Broke Girls stab and the metal detector gag where Adam West appears which is the funniest joke involving him in quite a while. This episode is not without it's flaws though as there are a few jokes that do miss. Besides that cyberbullying joke that I've already talked about in the Family Guy thread, I also didn't care for the American Apparel slut baby and the joke that followed it where this one mom said her son was crapped on in a Jackass movie and the awkward stepdad show bit which just failed to generate any sort of response from me. The episode also is a little uncomfortable to watch at times and even though Peter and Lois' being characterized as bad people was the point of the episode, they weren't really that likeable in the first act either. Speaking of the first act while Peter fooling around with a medal detector was amusing, it really doesn't connect to the actual plot of the episode very well. It's not a bad unrelated first act, but it does feel out of place and it is the weakest part of the episode.

Still, with all said and done I really enjoyed this episode more than I thought I would and I liked how it went all out with this plotline as it makes it stand out from all the other episodes with this generic premise. 8/10

Also since I've complained about how a lot of episodes have had abrupt endings lately, I just wanted to say that the ending joke of this episode was so funny that I refused to catch the new Bordertown episode when it originally aired just because I didn't want it to kill the moment for me.
    Last edited by BuyMyCereal; 01-14-2016 at 03:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Homer View Post
    I guess this is the same Nicholson who did Joker in the Batman 1989 movie.

Thread Information