View Poll Results: So How Was The War?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 A Satisfying Conclusion, With a Perfect Balance of Commentary and Comedy

3 13.04%
  • 4/5 Great Episode. Almost Great as All the Fine Services By State Farm. #statefarm

2 8.70%
  • 3/5 Uh...Better than #Rehash?

5 21.74%
  • 2/5 A Gluten Free Hot Cosby to My Safe Space Bicicleta..uh...Shooting Children...Reference

4 17.39%
  • 1/5 Horrible Fucking Episode Written by Rich White Assholes. Fuck This Show, T&P, and Reddit

9 39.13%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review South Park: "PC Principal Final Justice"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate and Review South Park: "PC Principal Final Justice"

Original Airdate: December 9th, 2015. Kyle has chosen a dangerous alliance over his friendship with Stan. It is the third and final part of a three-episode story arc that began with the episode "Sponsored Content" and continued in the episode "Truth and Advertising" which collectively serve as the season finale. Rate and Review the Season finale.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

what time is it on?
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scalding 40 degree soup View Post
    what time is it on?
    9:30 PM EST

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

it's on at like 2 in the afternoon in cuckoo banana land where you live

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: bias

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

only woke up 7 minutes ago and I've been australia shamed

Blog Entries

lol pc principal didnt die or step down as principal. get ready for more classic pc satire in season 20 and beyond

Blog Entries

also this was literally incoherant. die in a hole south park

Jesus.

1/5

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Blog Entries

the fact that PC Principal is staying as a character is awful

they barely touched upon the plots they created this season. What's the point of a seasonal arc if you're not going to conclude it properly? And it was so nonsensical...ooof.

Blog Entries

i liked that the gun show was a literal gun "show". the only amusing part of the episode.

Blog Entries

hyped for when people are gonna put meme text over all the characters holdin guns sayin 'HEY THESE SOLVE EVERYTHING' and putting it on their facebook feed because that is just what we need right now. thanks south park

The episode had a few funny moments, but man... what a disappointment these final two episodes were. Loved 1-8, thought they could find a decent way to put a bow on this season. But instead Matt and Trey wrote themselves into a convoluted nonsensical conspiracy plot with so much going on and almost no (worthwhile) answers. Really disappointed. I don't want this ad thing to go on into the next season, and the PC thing seemed like a good 1-season arc. I'm not excited to see this continue next season, 10 months from now.

And I don't know what point they were making about guns.
    Signature.

I still don't understand how advertisements take a human form. Or the message about guns. Or why PC Principal is now a protagonist. Or....ah fuck it, I don't care. I swore I would stop watching this show after season 17 and for some reason I failed to comply. I really think Trey and Matt need to start making their episodes eight months early like all other animated shows.

Blog Entries

but then how would they make sick refs to current events?

They didn't even make a single mention to all the BS in San Bernadino, Colorado Springs or Paris with all this "timely" gun satire tonight, so I think the sick refs could go.

(Not saying I wish they did reference them because that type of stuff got old many seasons ago.)

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

...alright. Before going into this, let's just take a step back and look at the plots/possible plots that were and weren't resolved in this.

1. PC Principal. Apparently he wasn't an ad, and he's staying on the show not just as a background character, but principal again. *sigh*, would've tolerated him staying alive if just as a background character for a few lines, don't even completely hate him, but...buh.

1.5 What they're gonna with Victoria? Uh...something for next Season I guess, who knows. Probably something related to the school again.

1.75 Was Mackey punished for firing Victoria in his twist ending? Just assuming that's dropped, but should've addressed more if had more time.

2. Mr. Garrison running for president. Probably the only plot that I was slightly fine with carrying to next Season, despite not really liking Garrison's scenes this Season (also more Catilyn...eugh, at least her Mr. Slave esque lines were tolerable, over just running over people and looking ugly). How far they take this will depend on if Trump gets elected or not, though he'll probably still be in the election ep anyway just for the laughs (and if Trump does somehow win....oh boy)

3. Whole Foods. It flew up into space.... Maybe it was working with the ads are something, or who knows, whatever, fuck you. Really couldn't fit any of these plot answers into last weeks ep? Aw well, South Park's back to normal, cept with a little PC undertones carried on forever.

4. Reality is still dead. Didn't think they'd come back to this, but still something to bring up...unless next Season....god I hope this doesn't continue into next Season.

4.5 The money ISIS was loaning to the boys. Again, something I didn't think they'd bring back up, but still...if you're gonna continuity like this, don't leave open ended plot holes to expect things from.

5. Everyone realizes the ads are alive, and are now stopping them. About as much as I needed, was wondering if the newmen would appear again, or if they'd have a final "solution" to them, but fuck it, it won't bother me if they aren't mentioned again.

6. Every single person in South Park owns a gun now. Probably a one episode thing, but still is kinda left there for possible future eps.

So yeah, quite a lot of shit to cover in just a 22 minute episode made in a week. Glad they didn't go the complete mind fuck route at the end like last Season, kinda structuring and resolving the basic threads, but ooof was this still a messy beast. Engaged me a lot more than last weeks filler, but...yeah, I still can't think clearly on these SP finales.

2/5 sounds bout right. Some laughs, some satisfaction, but...yeah, 2/5, bye.

Blog Entries

they probably should have just made this episode an hour long, since the 10:30 time slot was wasted anyways.

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Blog Entries

awful season of south park concludes with yet another awful ep.
    so glad moonbeam city is dead and this will go on for another 4 shitty seasons.

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Blog Entries

I gave this a 2/5 (and I accidentally pressed 3/5, good job Ryan!) because I could somewhat track it, literally just doing that because I was like, "huh well I dunno... that wasn't completely nonsensical story-wise like everybody's saying." if you remove yourself from some of the season, at least the episode itself is able to be tracked unlike last year's.

I didn't completely hate it. some decent laughs like the prostitute beating up nathan and the "gun" show. and I guess they had a "they live" parody so there was that. the whole foods lifting out of the sky was good for a chuckle.

however the messages, that's what didn't make a lick of sense. the ending is not only saying that they are actually CONTINUING this storyline next year (oh dear god), and PC Principal is still here (augh) but um ironic take on guns and using ads as a message on ISIS and what are they saying about PC? like, are matt and trey actively saying, "oh yea we're gonna try to be better!" ... in the episode that features caitlyn jenner looking like that.

I have no clue what south park is saying anymore. like, at all. this used to be the most blunt show on television... it's not that the message is "complicated", it's downright incoherent. yeesh
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

Sorry, not seeing the extreme hate for this beyond knowing that people were gonna be pissed off that PC Principal wasn't either killed of or at the very least removed from his position.

It was much more coherent and satisfying than last year's mess of an attempt to wrap everything up, and yes, it wasn't perfect, but the fact that this ends on the note that some things will carry on into next season is actually a bit more commendable than trying to write an entire season off in the span of 22 minutes, never to be mentioned again. At this point I'm numb to the Jenner/Garrison thing because their bitchy back and forth moments are somehow more tolerable than having them be separate. It's hard to explain but like... I feel like they'd both be ten times worse if M&T decided to leave them to their own devices rather than having them team up. I don't want them to keep hammering "Buckle up, buckaroo!"/"Fuck 'em all to death!" into the ground but I somehow can't help but feel this is the best possible version we could hope for if M&T are really dead set on continuing this whole presidential campaign story next year.

I liked the gun stuff because it was the right amount of stupid to not be able to take seriously. However Matt and Trey actually feel about the subject, the fact that the gun show was being treated as a fucking dog show in addition to how ridiculously quickly the kids got guns just removes any sort of bad taste that it would have otherwise left to have Randy or whoever else being all like "Wow, these things are amazing". It felt like it was showing how shitty people can be in that it took the entire town being in a Mexican stand-off for the lines of communication to be honest and open. They could have cut the scene of Cartman and his mom arguing though, because it didn't serve any purpose other than to give Cartman a single scene of focus in an episode where he had nothing to do.

I'm not sure where else to mention this so I'm gonna quickly note in relation to the gun stuff that "Shelly, take care of Grandpa!" followed by Shelly pointing a gun at him and Randy having to be like "No, no, I mean literally take care of your grandpa!" was probably the strongest joke in the episode.

Jimmy's portion of the episode with Nathan was pretty funny (Aside from the stupid joke regarding Classi's name). I laughed a good bit at Nathan explaining his taste for high class prostitutes and smacking said prostitute as though she were Mimsy (Who sadly didn't appear at all). Even stuff like the exposition regarding PC culture being a form of verbal gentrification was made funny simply because it was being delivered in that dreary down syndrome voice.

The Kyle/Leslie portion of the episode is probably the main letdown here, the fact that it teases a big speech from Kyle and then doesn't follow up on that was lame as fuck (Especially given how said speech would have been a manipulated one that was actually in the wrong). The supposed romance that was going on between them felt a bit shoehorned in too. It made sense that she would try to manipulate him that way, but slightly less that Kyle would be as suckered in as he seemed to be (I guess with everyone being against him it made sense for him to be emotionally vulnerable, but some foreshadowing would have really helped). I guess my problems with this are more related to Kyle than they are Leslie, as her Obama bit and the speech about how ads can never be escaped still did a decent job of keeping her blatantly villainous. Her death was uh... a bit much, but I'll admit the fact that Cartman cheered PC Principal for kicking the shit out of her just as he had done to him at the start of the season was chuckle worthy.

As for the end of the gentrification of South Park, well, I guess we're to assume that without the Whole Foods as the main attraction everything else will just sorta crumble back to the way it was with regards Kenny's house and City Wok? The way it took off into the sky was dumb but it was unexpected enough to get a laugh, especially with Sharon flatly saying "Randy, you're yelling at a Whole Foods" just seconds prior.

Given that they're gonna carry some things over to next season makes me hesitant to be like "Well, they didn't address THIS!" because, y'know, the still might, but I still think that they could have had Craig and Tweek quickly be like "Just to be clear, we're not actually a gay couple".

See you next season South Park! 3.5/5.

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 Cranberries View Post
    1. PC Principal. Apparently he wasn't an ad, and he's staying on the show not just as a background character, but principal again. *sigh*, would've tolerated him staying alive if just as a background character for a few lines, don't even completely hate him, but...buh.

1.5 What they're gonna with Victoria? Uh...something for next Season I guess, who knows. Probably something related to the school again.

1.75 Was Mackey punished for firing Victoria in his twist ending? Just assuming that's dropped, but should've addressed more if had more time.
    My prediction for next season is that with Garrison being M&T's stand-in for Donald Trump now, Mackey will be made the new 4th grade teacher as he's unfit to be a counselor anymore, with Victoria taking that position due to PC Principal being in her old one.
    How to remaster

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

I enjoyed this episode, but I thought that it was the weakest of the three. I really enjoyed the first two parts and really enjoyed where the story was going from then, but at this point it wasn't as satisfying and just as I expected the resolution was disappointing, but what's more disappointing is that PC Principal is here to stay. Still this episode had it's funny moments. I actually thought the gun stuff in this episode was funny especially the scene where Cartman and his mom both have guns pointed at each other and the literal gun show. I also thought that prostitute character named Classi and I actually laughed at the "Fuck 'em all to death." running joke this time although it was mainly Caitlyn Jenner's response that got me. This is the only time I found that running joke funny while the repeated gag where Caitlyn Jenner runs someone over was never funny and in the middle of this episode I noticed that they didn't pull off that running gag and I was hoping that just this one episode that they wouldn't pull it off, but stupid me they eventually got to it by having her run over an old lady. I would go on a tangent on how fucking annoying that running gag is and how it was never funny, but this video sums up my thoughts on it perfectly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0_8o3Rek5k

I was also interesting in where this episode was going even though I had a feeling the ending was going to be dissapointing, but I was still hoping this season would end on a satisfying note. While this is the weakest episode of the three, I still enjoyed it and I don't think it's as bad as people on here are saying. 8/10

I would say this was a good season overall. It's probably the weakest season from what I've seen, but I did like the experimental feel of this season and while not everything in it worked I still liked most of the episodes and the only truly bad episode was Where No Country Has Gone. Anyways I thought I'd end this by ranking each episode of this season from best to worst:

Naughty Ninjas: 10/10
    You're Not Yelping: 10/10
    The City Part of Town: 10/10
    Truth and Advertising: 10/10
    Sponsored Content: 9/10
    Safe Space: 8/10
    Tweek x Craig: 8/10
    Stunning and Brave: 8/10
    PC Principal Final Justice: 8/10
    Where My Country Gone: 1/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Homer View Post
    I guess this is the same Nicholson who did Joker in the Batman 1989 movie.

Blog Entries

hahahaha woooow those ratings

Blog Entries

I wonder if Trump isn't in the race anymore by September 2016 (which is likely), how they'll handle the Garrison/Jenner thing. I mean, did anything from last season come up during this one? It's hard to actually just say, "Well this will all still make sense another nine-to-ten months from now!"

It really feels like Trey is super conflicted, as he both wants to re-approach the way they do the show yet still desires to comment on the hot topic at the moment. So it results in clusterfucks like these.

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by walkin in a handy wonderland View Post
    hahahaha woooow those ratings
    Yeah Modern South Park, am I right? XD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I wonder if Trump isn't in the race anymore by September 2016 (which is likely), how they'll handle the Garrison/Jenner thing. I mean, did anything from last season come up during this one? It's hard to actually just say, "Well this will all still make sense another nine-to-ten months from now!"

It really feels like Trey is super conflicted, as he both wants to re-approach the way they do the show yet still desires to comment on the hot topic at the moment. So it results in clusterfucks like these.
    Maybe having Garrison in place of Trump is their way around that? Like, even if Trump himself is gone they'll just have it be Garrison spouting off every shitty thing that Trump comes out with between now and then before having it be his undoing (If Trump is gone by then, that is).

Blog Entries

hopefully so because I don't need to be reminded of "fuck them all to death" over and over

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

What the heck did I watch. I'm so confused.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure what to think of this episode, but overall it felt more like a letdown with only a couple of funny jokes. They went trough an entire season of continuity, just to make a disjoined and dissapointing ending, which might even carry over to the next season.

To start off, the relationship with Kyle and Leslie felt incredibly forced. The very moment they met, it felt out of place for Kyle with the way he trusts her so much, to the point of even showing some romantic affection. I know it had to be forced due to the limited time they were given, like with some others plots that were all piled into its 22 minute lifespan. But atleast their plot wasn't that long or did have much influence to the overall plot, until the end atleast. I kinda liked the joke with Leslie sounding like Obama to let PC Principal free. Then the relationship with Stan and Kyle, which already kinda came out of nowhere in the previous episode, felt like it didn't really lead to anything other than riling up different groups for the ending.

The Nathan stuff was pretty good atleast, would've been nice if Mimsy paired up with him at some point. Didn't care much for Cassi and her explaning the pronouncement of her name, though I wonder where Randy knows her from. Then we get this whole new plot with everyone using guns, I didn't see much point adding so much time into the main plot other than making the citizens of South Park closer to each other. It led to some funny jokes like the gun show, as if its a dog show or something. The PC Principal stuff was decent, even the beginning and the way he encountered Leslie at the end. Though I expected him to be written off at the end, like leaving South Park or dying.

So now we still have some open plots that might lead to next seasons continuity: Butters relationship with that Canadian girl, Garrison running for president, Randy still being PC, Tweek and Craig are still together, Sodosopa and CptaTown are still there, the new citizens like David still live there, Butters is still injured, probably more. I'm not sure if I want to see anything back in the next season. I like the diea of continuity if its done well, but in these past 2 seasons I'd say they haven't. Than I'd rather just have individual episodes with its own plot. If it worked in their best era, then why not keep that formula.

So overall its an average episode, maybe slightly below average. I expected more but it wasn't a complete dissapointment either, it still gave some good laughs and somewhat felt like a conclusion for this season. 2.5, rounded to a 2/5 in the poll.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Junior Camper

This has to be one of the worst episodes of SP I've ever seen. This was so bad it almost has the plotless lack of humour akin to modern SImpsons which, thankfully, I no longer watch. I might call this a disappointment but the whole season has been completely devoid of humour and I think, because of the horrendousness of this season, it's about time South Park was retired for good.

None of the awful plotlines they had developed in the almost-as-bad previous episodes was wrapped up satisfactorily, the whole episode made no sense and had no plot and worst of all, they turned PC Principal into some sort of hero when I was longing for him to get violently killed. Even worse, it looks like they're keeping this awful waste of script for the next season!

The creators have clearly lost interest in the show and are only carrying on with it because of money. Time to retire South Park now before it becomes a joke like the Simpsons has been for the last 15 years.

34. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Itchy

Yet wherever I look the finale is being praised. I don't mind continuity, but it gets a little grating how prominent it's become. I feel like last season there were some episodes with just very quick callbacks that otherwise stood alone (Grounded Vindaloop, Freemium Isn't Free, Cock Magic, The Magic Bush), whereas this year it seems that every episode plot had to start where the previous one left off.

Thread Information