View Poll Results: (Actually not a parody of Brokeback Mountain)

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5: So great I waved my arms to death! Now I can't move them...

0 0%
  • 4/5: JOElly good!

2 15.38%
  • 3/5: A broken leg, some mean friends, a horny dog... It's a regular Family Guy episode.

4 30.77%
  • 2/5: Eh, break a leg, will you?!

4 30.77%
  • 1/5: What a heap of BULLshit!

3 23.08%

Thread: Rate & Review: Family Guy - Brokeback Swanson (DACX07)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Joe Swanson ©tormented OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate & Review: Family Guy - Brokeback Swanson (DACX07)

After getting attacked by a bull, Joe can now not only not move his legs... but not even his arms! This makes his pals uncomfortable, so they start staying away from him. In a subplot, Brian has sex with a married woman... on the condition that he pretends to be their new pet dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So I guess Bonnie has just left Joe forever now? Not that I mind, since Bonnie has been absolutely horrible these last few Seasons.

Anyway, adequate ep. Both plots had interesting enough ideas, wish they could've done more with them than they did (and done better than deus ex machine endings, though Joe Biden was kinda funny). Few laughs in there also, but otherwise pre forgettable episode.

3/5.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

i laughed a few times (dr. hartman's party/ghost lines were both great, as was joe biden's "you guys watch veep? it's ficticious" followed by stewie's "we already said no") but the main plot was kind of boring. mostly just there for them to tell more Joe is pathetic gags that they can't normally do when he can move his arms. the brian thing was... a little funny sometimes? stewie's line about brian's rights was funny but there also wasn't much to it. middling all around.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Not much going on, or maybe there is? I dunno, I watch this show the same way I imagine Simpsons haters watch my fav show.. I find massive faults with it cause I dont care 'bout anything the main characters are doing. 3/5

Blog Entries

This felt like it was on autopilot. Both plots felt like things that should have had way more consequences and yet they both just sort of meandered along until they reached the end where they each used a complete ass pull to get things back to normal. It was funny enough and Joe's accident and the initial reactions to it by the guys felt oddly genuine but other than that it was just sorta empty feeling.

Also, did anyone else notice that there were a lot of drama show style fade ins and fade outs? I have no idea if this was actually part of the episode or if the version I watched that aired on City was just using fades for commercial breaks but regardless it was weird. 3/5

Oh, and after that scene with Cleveland reading to Joe, I think I could honestly just listen to Mike Henry ramble on in that voice about nothing for hours on end. It's soothing.

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 Cranberries View Post
    So I guess Bonnie has just left Joe forever now? Not that I mind, since Bonnie has been absolutely horrible these last few Seasons.
    Of course not. This is Family Guy. They likely just didn't have time to shoehorn in a "Bonnie took Joe back" line and since they know it's not like the core FG audience gives a fuck they probably thought it didn't matter. Guess we'll know whenever this one is out on DVD,
    How to remaster

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

This was a good albeit middle-of-the-road episode for this season. The main plot is alright, but it's kind of predictable especially the beginning of the episode where Joe gets injured which I saw coming from a mile away. The sub-plot on the other hand is a lot more interesting, but I can't say it's better since both of them had their share of funny jokes. The funniest joke in this episode has to be the cutaway with the guy that has claw hands which is probably the funniest cutaway of the season, the Harry Potter cutaway with the sorting hat, Dr. Hartman's "I'm afraid... of ghosts" line and the Daft Punk cutaway. There was this one joke where Peter puts stuff in Joe's mouth which reminded me of that awful joke in Call Girl where Quagmire makes Lois cram a bunch of things in her mouth, but it was actually funny in this episode as there was a reason for it considering that Joe can only move his mouth instead of it just being there to make the audience cringe and Joe doesn't show any signs of pain while it's happening. Most of the jokes worked and the only ones that didn't was that stupid joke involving Bonnie and the tacked on Stand By Me reference at the end. This is a problem that has been present throughout this season and that the endings with a few of the episodes this season are either abrupt and/or just end on a weak joke. I mean seriously, they could've ended this episode with Joe saying "I'm just glad I'm back on my feet... well, you know what I mean." and then everyone laughs. That would've been the perfect way to end the episode, but instead they resort to referencing Stand By Me and the only amusing thing about it was the final line. Come on, guys. Is it really too much to end an episode on a good joke? Other than that it was a decent episode. Nothing memorable, but I still enjoyed it. 7/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Homer View Post
    I guess this is the same Nicholson who did Joker in the Batman 1989 movie.

Blog Entries

hey they changed the end credits music so... um... there's that

I liked all the dr. hartman stuff
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    hey they changed the end credits music so... um... there's that

I liked all the dr. hartman stuff
    they changed it with the joe's dad ep and i've had it on my YT channel for MONTHS now where have you been ruan

Blog Entries

that site with the free links that I can only slyly mention has been cutting off the credits for quite the while so EXCUSE ME

upload in mention:

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

Got to love how the guys were still by Joe's side while he was fully paralyzed until they realized they couldn't take care of him on their own.

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: musa

Blog Entries

I saw this on tv and I just wanna say that the claw machine cutaway made me laugh harder than this show has in ages. the rest was pretty ho-hum with alot of th same mean-spirited joe jokes.

^Lol those claw machines are nasty indeed

I guess I'll be the first one to give this 5, although it's kinda between 4 and 5 for me. It's just a nicely written episode that does almost nothing wrong: lots of funny jokes, and good both main- and sub stories (and actually kinda surprising they didn't think of doing a thing like "Brian gets caught cheating but gets away by acting like a regular dog" before, or at least I don't remember that they did..). Only complaint I have is the way sub story ended, it could have had a much more interesting ending to it.

Any episode that can get Joe Buck to say that he's peeing in his coffee cup deserves a little credit.

I didn't have any major problems with this episode. I did notice that a lot of these individual random bits are really starting to run together. I actually forgot what episode the Stand by Me ending was from when I watched the clip on YouTube months after it had aired. I was already confusing it with another episode, so I see Shaunbadia's point. I don't know, I still laughed at it. Peter's deadpan delivery about what was really going on just made it funnier.

Could you imagine how that military guy would react if he found out that his wife was banging the dog? Anyway, Brian's subplot was pretty entertaining. I liked how it actually backfired on him and they had to get Joe Biden to fix the situation. I liked how Stewie called it "the gross hookup from the car wash." He's always funny whenever he's keeping Brian in check or being snarky towards him.

I liked the joke about Peter and the guys entering Chef Boyardee/Cream of Wheat lookalike contests and Joe revealing that he actually has on the uniform for the contest. I thought that was a really good absurd joke.

Eh, I'm feeling a strong 3 on this one.

Thread Information