• 2/5 Dial

1 7.69%
  • 1/5

1 7.69%

Thread: R&R Family Guy: Hot Pocket-Dial

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

R&R Family Guy: Hot Pocket-Dial

When Quagmire admits he loves Lois during a pocket dial to Peter, Peter becomes furious with him. Brian then decides he has to save the friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Description must have been wrong because I don't remember Brian making things right, but rather Lois. Pretty good episode though. I'm a sucker for the episodes where they stereotype really odd things (ex. people who wear jean jackets, people with the name Justin) so I thought the initial plot of Peter becoming a person who rests a toothpick in his mouth was weirdly funny. Really like Joe's comment at the end of one of the acts, asking if he should take over as the guy who says "jiggedy." It was nice that Ida served a fairly normal role this time and wasn't the butt of many "what a freak" jokes tonight. 4/5

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

Brian then decides he has to save the friendship.
    Where was Brian?

Blog Entries

i liked this okay. some decent jokes and i was actually interested in seeing how they'd return to the status quo, even if the ending was kind of disappointing - although i admittedly have no idea how i'd end it better. there were a few whiffed cutaways though, and the toothpick plot was useless (and that old lady using it was just gross). so yeah, i'll chuck a 3/5.

Blog Entries

Would have reviewed straight after I watched last night but was way too tired to type anything up. This was pretty decent. Old lady using the toothpick was horrid as was the stuff regarding Ida being trans but aside from that there wasn't much else in this episode I have to complain about, Cleveland's prop family as per usual aside. A lot of great gags and a solid enough story by the standards I hold FG to at this point. Weird that in all of this they never once brought up the fact that Lois has gone on dates with Glen or that Peter and Brian saw them married in an alternate timeline. Hell, they didn't even bring up the fact that Brian has been in love with Lois for a good chunk of the series.

A bit sloppy in certain story aspects but with few bad gags so this gets a 3.5/5 from me.
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Train on the Water View Post
    It was nice that Ida served a fairly normal role this time and wasn't the butt of many "what a freak" jokes tonight. 4/5
    but it was lampshaded by lois' "hey look, it's quagmire's transgendered mother, WHICH IS PERFECTLY OK".

and then followed by the hot dog gag
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

Blog Entries

let's just be glad that they only bust out that character like once a season

(also pretty ironic how a macfarlane show - american dad! - is one of the only shows i can think of that has an openly transgender person working/credited on it.)

Blog Entries

#roadtohotpocketdial has come to an end, and as expected, i was NOT disappointed! full marks!

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I loved this episode! The tension between Peter and Quagmire was well-done and it was the funniest episode since the premiere. So many of the jokes hit, even Lois had some I liked. Cleveland was priceless as well, with him pressuring Quagmire and Peter for a fur coat. Heck, I thought Joe was very funny too, but he is after all my favorite character. Quagmire was very likeable, I felt sorry for him when things got so bad that he had to move out. The use of Brian was good, but I wish he could have had a bigger role considering he's been just as in love in Lois. It was nice to see Ida again, this is already her second appearance this season. The sudden uses of "selfie" and "hashtag" were irritating, but Peter's comment made me chuckle.
    Great, I thought it was much, much better than last week's. 9.2/10

P.S. Bonus points for Carter's hilarious cameo!
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 01-19-2016 at 01:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    Weird that in all of this they never once brought up the fact that Lois has gone on dates with Glen or that Peter and Brian saw them married in an alternate timeline.
    This bothered me more than it should have, especially because I know it's weird to care about character/plot in latter-day Family Guy. The entire episode just seemed implausible. It didn't ring true that Quagmire's confession would come as a surprise to Peter after the show has repeatedly established that Peter has seen Quagmire interested in her in the past, with little room for dispute. His agitation with the message and his fretting over Quagmire potentially snatching Lois away from him didn't really work after this show has repeatedly shown us that Peter and Lois have a horrible marriage that's basically on the verge of crumbling.

All I'm saying is this show shouldn't do character-based plots because then I have to waste time overthinking them.

Blog Entries

I was wondering if this is why Brian told Peter to let it go, but instead it was just the show's weird flip-flopping of having him as a legitimate voice of reason like the old days.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Thread Information