Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Most underhated episode?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

The Regina Monologues and A Star is Born, Again. The former was the first episode I shut off and the latter was the first ep that had me actively checking how much time it had left until it was over.

Both are boring as fuck but Regina takes the cake in legitimately boring me to tears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot76 View Post
    don't feel threatened by a dude who gargles mayonnaise

I still feel that Alone Again Natura-Diddly, while never liked, is often overlooked while people complain about episodes that where nowhere near as bad like the Principal and the Pauper. At least Pauper had a reset button at the end and didn't change the status quo.
    Alone Again changed Flanders's character, permanently, for the worse. It wasn't just about Maude. It affected the whole family that lived next door to OFF. Plus this episode sucked in every way imaginable. Sappy music cues saying when we should feel sad immediately following obnoxious Jerkass Homer behavior feels jarring. Homer's near complete lack of sympathy. The way they killed Maude was unbelievably stupid and tacky. Flanders apparently ready to date way too soon after his wife's death feels way out of character. The whole tone is awful. It tries to tug at your heartstrings and fails. It tries to make you laugh and fails. You really can't do both at the same time. I have no words to describe my contempt for this episode. And it reeks of desperation. The whole thing feels like a cheap gimmick, a ratings trap.
    Last edited by Rover Hendrix; 07-14-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Executive Vice President Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don’t mind it. And what’s wrong with Flanders being ready to date again? There’s no rule saying you have to wait a certain amount of time before you can start again.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    I don’t mind it. And what’s wrong with Flanders being ready to date again? There’s no rule saying you have to wait a certain amount of time before you can start again.
    I guess there's no rule. It just felt wrong to me. But I remember this being one of the first episodes I hated, and I was just a kid then. I hated then and still hate it now.

I firmly believe that Alone Again, Natura-Diddily is the worst episode of the series. The callousness is off the charts and I absolutely loath it.

Agreed. The behind the scene reason for it is also annoying. You have a pay dispute so you kill off a character rather than recast? It's dumb.

I also really dislike Dog of Death. Santa's little helper didn't get sick on purpose and the family was so cruel to him after the operation. It was the first episode to me where the whole family was unlikable. I'm a big fan of animals so that's part of it but I maintain that the family was ooc and spiteful.
    Pokemon Moon Friend Code 5473-2104-2310
    Looking for shiny, legendary, and mythical. Got shiny Sandshrew (Alola)
    Have various starters, zorua, can breed many pokemon.
    Current egg move hatching: Tyrunt with fire fang

Thread Information