• 5/5 Handicapped > PC

1 7.69%
  • 4/5 A Handicappable Episode

2 15.38%
  • 3/5 Erection Day

5 38.46%
  • 2/5 Shut Up Mimmmzyy!

3 23.08%
  • 1/5 No wait guys! A war is coming, just like the dragons and pizza, I'M Serious!

2 15.38%

Thread: Rate and Review South Park: "Sponsored Content"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate and Review South Park: "Sponsored Content"

Prod. #1908

Jimmy’s integrity as a newsman runs smack into PC Principal’s ideology.

Written by: Trey Parker

Directed by: Trey Parker

Original Airdate: November 18th, 2015.

RR.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

ACT 1
    This looks very promising. A school-based story with kids ripping on the lunchroom in the newspaper.
    As a fan of legacy media, I enjoy them pointing out the problems of online media, even though in reality there's no way people are actually going to revert to print media.
    "That word makes my heart piss its pants."
    "I need a spotter! Spot me, bro!"
    While it was nice to see Garrison and Principal Victoria again at the end of act 1, the Garrison/Caitlin Jenner stuff sure felt shoehorned into the plot, considering Garrison hasn't been seen since "Where My Country Gone?" I think if they showed him on the campaign trail at least a couple times between these two episodes, it would have felt more natural, like the way PC Principal has been reappearing throughout.
    ACT 2
    Is that the S'Mores Schnapps from the Confederacy episode?
    Oh OK, now Barbrady is returning. It's getting plot-heavy.
    Glad to see Sharon taking a jab at the PC people that just act very intolerant.
    Ugh, now this rings of conspiracy. This wasn't the "boys being boys" story I had hoped for.
    ACT 3
    "Safe Space" - take that, universities.
    Garrison: "Between me and this one over here, we can swallow just about anything."
    Nathan taking over the newspaper - I'm interested in seeing how that one turns out.
    Brief mention of ISIS - I wonder if they wanted to do something more with this this week, but felt they couldn't with the recent events in Paris?
    Cliffhanger ending - meh. That felt really abrupt. Gotta admit I look forward to seeing what Garrison and Principal Victoria know, though.
    It's obvious they'll both return to the school by the end of all this, but for now, PC Principal makes an interesting villain. The normal adults at the school aren't really villain-y enough (and it shows when they try to antagonize them in episodes like Bass to Mouth...it just doesn't feel right because you know Mackey, Victoria and the shop teacher would never actually throw a child under a bus). PC is a unique villain because I've never really seen a psychotic liberal asshole as a villain before. So even though this episode didn't feel excellent due to all the drama, I still look forward to seeing how things end.

Would have been an interesting one-time story, but they added a lot of drama into it because they only have two episodes left. 3/5 I guess.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Blog Entries

more 'conspiracy war lmao' garbage. also continued extension of the hilarious SJW/caitlyn jenner/garrison nonsense that wasn't even funny the first time it showed up. 1/5. i did find the consent form joke mildly amusing but that's about it. season's worse than 17 at this point, because it's basically as bad as that, just with one-note jokes that leak into more than one episode

Blog Entries

So the PC people are ads? That's...stupid.

Had a few laughs in it a least (You're going to break his legs PC Principal?, Jimmy telling telling him to suck it, Pussy Crusher). Hope there's more stray laughs in the finale, cause I didn't feel the Ad thing at all (episode starts with sudden commentary about Ad's in the news, and now that's the big reveal of the Season, cause that's where the over PC ideas are coming from? Ad's are strong enough to live now, PC's an Ad, I dunno?).

I dunno, maybe it'll make more sense when the other parts come out (alot of build up and usual epic multi part SP moments in here). Still, there's the chance it'll be a clusterfuck again, tying in every episode and joke like before, which you can kinda see here.

2/5. Started out kinda promising, then just lost me. Kinda wish it was Crab People now. Would've been still stupid, but a funnier stupid maybe?

Blog Entries

Yeah the twist is starting to go towards lame territory. As for this episode, it was alright. I guess we'll see where this entire arc will conclude at, but it is not looking interesting.

Blog Entries

Episode started out very promising. Some funny stuff scattered throughout that I'll highlight now before getting into the meat of the episode.

"You gonna break his legs, PC Principal?"
    That perplexed look PC Principal had when Jimmy explained his stance on not editing other people's words.
    "Uncle Able"
    "That word makes my heart piss its pants"
    The PC Bro version of someone spotting you essentially being having someone else fight your battles for you
    "You and I both know you use the word "Retarded" 400 times a day"
    The whole consent thing

Now, as for the plot. I'm glad that they've brought Principal Victoria in. Feels like it should have happened sooner but I suppose the longer they left it the more dramatic it was gonna be when she finally showed up. Unfortunately Garrison and Jenner are back. I know it was inevitable but the fact that they seem to be gearing up for Garrison to rape more people to death is just... y'know what, as the guy who used to be rather fond of cracking rape jokes on this site, I feel like I should say that it's not even the topic of rape that I'm taking issue with here, it's just that their taking the same shock value remark of "Fuck 'em all to death" and running it into the ground. The thing about shock value is that it only works when it's fresh and not being expected, or in other words, not the exact same joke being trotted out multiple times. Plus I'm all for dark comedy, but something about painting Garrison as some sort of would-be hero for literally raping a man (And possibly more if the end of this episode is any indication) to death just has an air of unpleasantness about it that's not exactly easy to shake off.

I'll give them this much though, at least "Buckle up, buckaroo" kinda worked this time as a nod to the audience.

On the note of Garrison, given that the Yelp and Ninja episodes got pulled from reruns in light of the Paris attacks I'm amazed they even go to touch on anything relating to Syria this week. I suppose having Garrison around to spout the hate speech about refugees might make things a bit easier for some viewers to swallow given that he's always been a fucking lunatic. If they had just put Trump or whoever else is against helping refugees in real life in his place for that debate scene it would have been way too grim of a reminder.

Huge lack of Barbrady considering how things ended last time and Nathan's role in this episode was insanely small too (That said he still got one of the funniest lines in the whole thing, which I noted above). Barbrady's Terminator line felt kinda awkward, even with the self-aware "I'm serious" added on the second time he said it. Given that we have two episodes left though I'm sure we'll see more of Barbrady and Nathan as things start to come together.

As for the actual twist with the ads (Before I get into this, taking a quick moment to say that slideshow articles can go fuck themselves), yeah, it's looking pretty fucking stupid, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested when they made the reveal that Leslie and PC Principal are ads that are also not aware that they're ads (Well, at the very least PC Principal isn't aware given his confusion at the end). Gonna try and stay reserved on judging that aspect of things outright until we see how it plays out, but I'll give them credit, I'm still interested.

Also, I can't quite tell who they're actually trying to rag on at this point with the PC stuff. I mean, obviously they're ragging on people who grasp at straws for things to get pissy about. That much was obvious during the scene with Randy and Sharon in the kitchen, but the whole "Pussy Crushing" thing just seems kinda hamfisted. I'm not denying that shitty people exist who will try to act like they care about certain things in order to get laid, but the implication that the only reason college guys would have reason to care is so that they can get laid just didn't sit well with me.

Gonna stay firmly middle of the road here and give this a 3/5. Started out really strong but just slowly sank itself down as things went on.

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 Cranberries View Post
    So the PC people are ads? That's...stupid.
    Jimmy flat out calling the premise of this twist retarded seems to be M&T's way of being self-aware. Not that it gives them a free pass, but hearing Jimmy call it retarded was still satisfying.
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    Jimmy flat out calling the premise of this twist retarded seems to be M&T's way of being self-aware. Not that it gives them a free pass, but hearing Jimmy call it retarded was still satisfying.
    this would've worked as a joke if it were contained in one episode, but over the course of four episodes... yeah good god.

this episode for the first five to seven minutes is pretty great. PC Principal and Jimmy duking it out felt like such a hilarious idea, and Nathan being brought it was pure icing. I can't believe that it suddenly took a strong nosedive, and it's not the usual one either. a lot of times south park can be bad by taking their ideas to such unnecessary lengths, here it's producing an out-of-left-field twist that is not only unfunny, but downright stupid. unfunny stupid.

it's almost as if matt and trey wanted to tackle PC issues as well as the overabundance of marketing. looks like they also wanted to make some commentary on gentrification and class divide issues, which folded into the PC idea really nicely. but they completely botched the landing on this one. yet another awful SP twist, hooray.

I also wonder if the two are aware of the crab people rumors, because a lot was done to shut that idea down, i.e. "PC means pussy crushing" and the robot ad thingies... maybe it's still crab people, maybe, but if so the joke won't land nearly as well as it could have. oh, and we have a two week break now... so buckle up, buckaroos if you still somehow give a shit

2/5
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

Speaking of self awareness, I think they did a similar joke to that in last years finale ep with Stan.

Kyle: Why didn't you tell us your Dad was Lorde earlier?
    Stan: I dunno. The whole thing just seems kind of...stupid.

*sigh*, well they have 2 more eps and an extra down week to conclude this mess. Hopefully they'll get things sorted by then. Was just starting to enjoy this Season with the last 3 eps, would hate to see the show blow itself up again in the end.

Blog Entries

and now a reddit comment that will make you feel bad for ever liking south park in the first place: https://www.reddit.com/r/southpark/c...nsored/cx5den1

Blog Entries

Bit of advice. Stop reading Reddit comments.

Says I, while scrolling through the 4chan thread about this episode.

Blog Entries

Bit of advice. Stop reading Reddit comments.
    couldn't help the morbid curiosity

Blog Entries

amazes me that when you really look at the line-up south park is pretty much the shittiest show on comedy central. i guess it's been like that for some time but this is the first time i've bothered to notice. during season 6 or whatever it was pre much the only good show. glad the channel has really flourished despite this old fogey of a show sticking around
    Last edited by Sam; 11-19-2015 at 04:05 AM.

Blog Entries

...is tosh still running new eps? because it's a toss-up for me in that case

Blog Entries

yeah tosh is still going, and somehow still manages to commend enough gravitas to squeeze out 30 eps a season

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

Aside from review, broad city, and Nathan for you, is there anything else worth watching on that channel?
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Blog Entries

The Daily/Nightly Show + @midnight block is a pre good watch.

Only noticeably bad show I can think of for the current lineup is Tosh. Maybe Triptank, depending on what sketches they use for an ep. Not sure about the 10 or so stand up/sketch shows, but I assume they're at least decent.

Moonbeam City had a decent episode or two. I haven't watched since episode 3 though since it's nowhere near a priority list for me to watch.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

1) I love the take that to ads on news websites.

2) The little girl that doesn't know she is an ad is that a Blade Runner reference?

Blog Entries

drunk history is pre ace

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Tosh.0 is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Broad City, Nathan and Review are the best shows currently on the network though.
    UP AND ATOM!

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

I'm enjoying this season of South Park. I don't think any of the individual episodes have been particularly great, but the show feels ambitious and fresh rather consistently this year. Last year's continuity was largely just based on a few running gags or background things popping up here and there, but it's a lot more organic and central to the story this time around. In other words, it feels more like a giant, 10-parter season more than any season before it. And while the execution isn't always amazing, it's a cool experiment that has me wondering what's going to happen next.

Tonight's episode was no exception, bringing a few disparate plot threads (Barbrady, PC culture, Randy, Garrison) together to gear up for some sort of finale. Governmental conspiracies are well-worn territory for South Park, but it worked for me this time partly because there was so much build-up behind it and partly because South Park's sudden embrace of PC culture was doomed to fail from the get-go (the fact that they actually got a different voice actor for the main guy helped it feel more weighty too). I'm not sure yet if the human-like ads are a clever idea or a stupid one--I guess we'll see where they go with it. But Butters' dad's rant about obnoxious fake article ads was well-deserved and funny. And Jimmy is always a treat; fun to see PC Principal finally start to meet his match (in the form of a handi-capable boy, no less).

That said, the episode suffered a bit from being the middle of a story, with a lack of resolution and mostly just building on ideas that came before it earlier in the season. It played out a bit like a drama, while a little more comedy would've helped it flow better. But it was a decent new chapter in what's becoming a very unique season of South Park. 3.5/5
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turkey gobbler View Post
    drunk history is pre ace
    Oh shit, I forgot that...solid show

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceBun View Post
    That said, the episode suffered a bit from being the middle of a story, with a lack of resolution and mostly just building on ideas that came before it earlier in the season. It played out a bit like a drama, while a little more comedy would've helped it flow better. But it was a decent new chapter in what's becoming a very unique season of South Park. 3.5/5
    yeah, it's the same as every multi-part episode this series does. there's gonna be no point in watching this when the next one comes out because this was all literally just build-up to the next one. last week's was kinda this but at least it had some things going on. what we're told is just teasing til the next episode. worst offender for this was garrison's 'sub-plot' which was nothing but a Hip scene of a presidential debate. and to pathetically try to force BUCKLE UP BUCKAROO into the world's vocabulary one more time. surprised they didn't break out hot cosby again. then principal victoria just spouts the same south park shit 'this goes soooo deep'. that was literally all that happened in a couple scenes. and we're not even told what cuz Next Episode. it's so exhausting to watch and who tf even cares what's gonna happen. it's gonna pan out to be huge mess like every 10 million parter south park crams out because trey just sits in his house doin nothin 5 out of the 6 days it takes to make these things

Blog Entries

@turkey gobbler as someone who's hated SP in its current form for a while now but did very much like it once upon a time, does it piss you off even more to see people hailing this season as one of the best in years for little reason beyond the fact that it's basically "Fuck SJWs: The Season" or is that irrelevant to you hating it?

Blog Entries

it's pretty shitty and it doesn't sit well that people are hailing this as such a brave show for tackling an 'issue' such as SJWs, when really it's stupid and just plain idiotic to take this route. all they're basically doing though is playing it safe and telling everyone everywhere to shut up which is quite annoying and misguided. it works sometimes but that's pretty much all they ever do now. also they're doing shit like making fun of that 'check your privilige' phrase which was like a make-fun-of-PC-dudes thing well over 5 years ago. reeks of matt and trey not knowing what they're talking about, but w/e, they make south park so of course they wouldn't support political correctness. at least the first ten seasons are funny, despite this. besides that, it has all the same problems that 11-18 have, so it's probably the worst yet. doesn't help that the thing has continuity throughout which gives them an excuse to repeat one-note jokes throughout the entire season

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    and now a reddit comment that will make you feel bad for ever liking south park in the first place: https://www.reddit.com/r/southpark/c...nsored/cx5den1
    I don't see the problem.

Blog Entries

This episode felt way too much as a buildup for the next remaining episodes, with only very little new material to make even somewhat of an original plot. I did really enjoy atleast the first 5 minutes with PC Principal being afraid to accuse Jimmy of using the word retard as a handicapped person, and the way Nathan acted to be one. Then its all just the PC people questioning themselves if they're only trying to be PC to get laid, most of their moments are saved with the way they react. I found the subplot to be better as it felt new and something very relatable IRL, but they went to deep with the ad shit where apparently PC people are actually ads. Though I liked how Butters dad felt when he was actually reading just news without any ads, and the way they can't even see the difference between news and an ad.

A lot of stuff from earlier episodes got brought up again with Randy summing them all up and Garrison returning to fight immigrants. I expected that Principal Victoria would be back and that she would eventually play a role aswell. If this was like an episode in the middle of a trilogy, it would've been good. But as an individual episode it focussed way too much on the buildup while not providing enough new stuff. Jokewise its still solid and it wins the most points by that.

2.5/5, a 3/5 in the poll while I'm in a good mode but otherwise 2/5.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Thread Information