View Poll Results: How did Christmas episode #4 live up?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 - Nice Capades

3 21.43%
  • 4/5 - Ice Capades

8 57.14%
  • 3/5 - Thrice Capades

3 21.43%
  • 2/5 - Vice Capades

0 0%
  • 1/5 - Shite Capades

0 0%

Thread: R&R Bob's Burgers "Nice-Capades"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R Bob's Burgers "Nice-Capades"

Aired November 15, 2015 at 7:30PM. The last episode of 2015. When a grumpy mall Santa threatens the kids with the dreaded Naughty List, Gene, Tina and Louise decide to put on a musical performance spectacular to earn their spot on the Nice List. (BOB-518) (TV-PG DL)

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Doesn't quite live up to the surprises they pull in with God Rest Ye Merry Gentle-mannequins or Christmas in the Car, but it has a charm I don't see often enough. Gene not being 100% annoying, and actually having a beautiful singing voice, and seeing a softer side to Louise, even though the ending was somewhat predictable. I feel like the mall Santa could have been used more, but the Fischoeders were a plus. 4/5

Very good episode.. loved it from start to finish. 5/5

Blog Entries

i didn't dig this. the kids were supremely annoying throughout and the good jokes weren't particularly consistent ("well, that's all the clean jokes i know" was a definite highlight though). and louise's random moral dilemma at the end uh sort of came out of nowhere. c'mon bob's you're better than this

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

another fun louise episode, with a sweet ending, great guest star (winkler!), hilarious jokes and likable musical aspects.

the episode did have a strange problem with the story, in which the stakes and resoltuons (bob shopping for mall santa) felt a bit forced, and louise's epiphany, although nice to see, could've been lifted up a bit more by the plot for a better setup. that knocks it down a bit, just a little. it's probably the weakest of the christmas eps so far, but considering how strong the other three are, it's got some tough competition. the show is really strong to the point of having these amazing qualities help soften any wonky story aspects with it firing on all cylinders everywhere else.

the best part was gene talking about louise telling him to put his penis in before they get to school, and linda riffing on it. it's so hysterically out-of-left-field that it's gotta be an improv moment. sounds like a dirty take mirman threw out there that the staff just had to put in. the songs, of course, a close second. I have a feeling that this will be one of those episodes later down the line revisiting and asking myself, "really? 4/5? this one is great!", because I really did have a great time enjoying it. bob's has that "it grows on you" feeling for almost every "neat perfect" episode I encounter. I don't doubt this one will be the same. especially since I'm pretty tired right now, also when I watched it.

(in fact, I'm liking it more and more as I type this)
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

Cute episode. Not particularly funny, but it had some sweet Louise moments in it. 3/5

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

Junior Camper ZOIDBERG RODRIGUEZ's Avatar

loved this episode, Bobs Burger is one of my Favorite shows!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information