View Poll Results: This Question Is Trying To Be Clever, But Is Really Just a Lame Rehash of Previous Questions

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 I Give Top Ranking's To Modern South Park Episodes

3 15.79%
  • 4/5 I Think This Episode Was Pretty Good And Enjoyed What It Had To Offer Me As A Person

4 21.05%
  • 3/5 I Think This South Park Episode Was Very Mediocre, Using the Word "MEH" Cause Catchphrase

9 47.37%
  • 2/5 I Think This Episode Was Bad, But *Insert Reference To Obscure Media For Awkward Forum Laughs*

1 5.26%
  • 1/5 I Vote For the Lowest Choice For Modern South Park Episodes

2 10.53%

Thread: Rate and Review South Park: "Safe Space"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate and Review South Park: "Safe Space"

Original Airdate: October 21st, 2015. Cartman is the latest victim of body shaming. The new Whole Foods Market is asking a question that is making some South Park residents feel uncomfortable. Rate and Review after air.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

They kinda ran the starving kids commercial bit into the ground but aside from that it wasn't too bad. I enjoyed Reality being like a Dick Dastardly-esque villain from a children's story and his dressing down speech of everyone at the fundraiser was funny. I agree with the whole "Fuck charity shaming" thing though obviously Matt and Trey went above and beyond with regards just how bad they make it. I get that they were going for the whole "People being sensitive about stuff to the point of needing safe spaces are fucking stupid" but it felt kinda hamfisted in just how they went about dragging that out.

I feel like the story with Randy Vs. the Whole Foods clerk didn't really get resolved either, which is a shame because I was kind hoping for them to reveal that he had some kind of motive but nope, going by that scene where he makes Vin and Segal cry I guess he's just supposed to be kind of a dick for no real reason. Still felt like an unsatisfying end seeing as it just trailed off.

The Butters story was pretty amusing. I like that him being forced to filter out all the bad comments just made him crazy as I'm sure it would anyone who has to look at nothing but negative comments on the internet 24/7. Oh, and the actual animation for Steven Seagal's movements in addition to him being just as pathetic as Cartman was pretty good. Musical number was a bit out of nowhere but I didn't mind it.

3/5 seems fair for this. I hope they step it up a bit in the coming weeks though because none of what's being going on so far this season has been particularly interesting.

Oh, and just for the sake of continuity spotting. Cartman's Twitter shows that #GarrisonAndJenner4Pres is trending so uh... yeah, I guess that's gonna come back again later on.
    How to remaster

3. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

I liked the reality shaming stuff but charity shaming parody was just a little bizarre... honestly it's just a thing that pops up and 99% of cashiers just go, "the screen will pop up a yes or no question", I think most company policies don't even allow them to say what it's for but I don't think they give a shit? I get that's what it's supposed to represent, but does anybody actually shame people who press no in the store, by that I mean fellow patrons? really? I dunno.

butters plot was funny and I thought the seagal and vin diesel stuff was too but otherwise this was just okay. man like you said shaun they really plowed that charity commercial gag into the ground. 3/5
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    "People being sensitive about stuff to the point of needing safe spaces are fucking stupid"
    they're gonna need a safe space after i destroy them with a flamethrower
    there really was one way to be and this is not it, we think

Blog Entries

It was alright. For once Randy wasn't overwhelming and his part was funny if run into the ground...

The Dick Dastardly-based character was amusing I'll give them that. A few moments that were amusing here and there. Another 2.5/5 for season 19 South Park which isn't so bad. I'd say this season could maybe be better than season 18 (and definitely better than season 17).

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Enjoyable enough, I'd say. I enjoyed the takedown of the whole "shaming" cultural buzzword--it's always bothered me as well, and sometimes shame is a good thing. Liked that they threw in a guy being shamed for being "bad with tools." Making "Reality" an old-timey villain was a fun idea that tied into that as well.

Randy was pretty good in the straight man role, although some of his scenes got a bit tedious and I had no idea what the hamster deflection was supposed to mean.

I think I would've enjoyed Cartman's plot a bit more without all the celebrities, though. Just focus on him claiming Kyle or whoever is fat-shaming him and build the story from there, rather than involve all the social media stuff (which I thought was a little tiresome--we pretty much just heard about much of the action rather than saw it unfold). Otherwise, yet another good song for this season. I'm enjoying all the music lately.

3.5/5 B-
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

Poor Butters.

Blog Entries

Another average episode. I found the Whole Foods scenes to be actually hilarious, and I was hoping that there was more behind it like some wicked motive that SP typically comes up with. The Cartman plot turns out to be not that much about Cartman but more towards Butters, its pretty enjoyable but I thought it could've been better. The song was pretty good and I liked this new ''Reality'' character, kind of resembling the reality of our own existence I assume. Pity they killed him off at the end, but I guess its part of the joke where Cartman and the others ignore reality and live trough pink colored glasses.

Randy's charity parody gave me some good chuckles but they dragged on too much, atleast it ties in with the other plot. I can't imagine what Butters has to go trough when all he does is reading negative comments, I got suprised when he threw himself out of the window and apparently survived. If he was Kenny he'd probably have died instead. I also wonder why Randy didn't simply go to another cashier, although it might've not made a difference for him if every cashier acts like the guy he keeps going to. Though I would've liked to see an extra scene where randy visits other cashiers instead, yet realising that they are somewhat worse than the other guy. I like how PC Principal played a role in this episode while not bringing up the first episode too much, he wasn't annoying to me at all in this one.

Overall its still a very average episode, because the overall plot felt thin with no good solution other than bringing the 2 plots together. It has some good jokes atleast, but it feels like this episode could've been better.

3.5/5, rounded to a 3/5 in the poll.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Why would Vin Diseal be shamed for doing Fast and the Furious those movies made his career?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Smiley View Post
    Why would Vin Diseal be shamed for doing Fast and the Furious those movies made his career?
    I see a ton of people not getting this joke online. Vin got upset because he referred to him as "This little piggy", not because of the Fast and the Furious mention.

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

haha I liked this episode
    loved the bit where reality breaks into butters' room and starts yelling "come here ya little shit"
    and his bit at the charity event was good too
    fuck you fuck you fuck you

4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

Wow Reality really laid it on them in the end, and that was probably the part that made me laugh the most if anything. Just so blunt (and not wrong). PC Principal's swift reaction to Mackey's "well maybe you shouldn't have..." cracked me up, too, almost precisely because you knew that was coming from him even if he's annoying. But then I am reminded how fucking stupid South Park can be when Butters gets stuck editing out comments for a ridiculous number of parties just because, and then Randy just KEEPS going to Whole Foods every day to the same cashier. Plus the stupid shame commercials grew tiring quick. At least for the cashier stuff, I did get a chuckle at how even when Randy finally donates, he still gets rammed in the ass with sass for being the only $1 donator. But yeah I have never once seen anyone treated this way nor been treated this way myself so I guess Trey or Matt had a run in with an asshole somewhere.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    I see a ton of people not getting this joke online. Vin got upset because he referred to him as "This little piggy", not because of the Fast and the Furious mention.
    Thanks. I missed that.

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

This isn't as great as the last two episodes, but it's still an enjoyable episode and it's a nice change of pace. I'm not sure if it's just me, but this season so far feels too serious at times. The season premiere kind of has that problem and Where Has My Country Gone tries way too hard to be funny, but the tone of the episode is just mean-spirited. The only time where the serious tone didn't bother me was in The City Part of Town as it was about a serious issue. Last weeks and this weeks episode however are not so serious. This episode reminded me of the early days of the show when most of the episodes were just silly episodes that focused more on humor than it did with satire and this episode is pretty much that. While this episode does have a satirical side, most of the stuff in this episode is portrayed in a comedically over the top way like the whole shaming plot of this episode. I also liked how PC Principal wasn't portrayed as the one-dimensional PC character this time around. While the episode isn't hilarious it does have it's really funny moments like how they made fun of Steven Seagal (I loved that line where the store clerk says "This little piggy goes direct to cable.") and the way the reality villain was portrayed. This episode does have a couple things that bothered me like Butters jumping out the window which I thought was when the episode took a dark turn even though it kind of worked as a resolution for the episode and that even though the commercial scenes were funny I do agree that they did hammer in that joke quite a bit. Overall this was a fun episode that this season needed after being too dark for most of the season. 8/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Homer View Post
    I guess this is the same Nicholson who did Joker in the Batman 1989 movie.

This was the first comedic stab at the "Donate a dollar?" thing I've seen, liked it a lot. got the proper amount of cartoon exaggeration.
    I didn't clearly see how Randy's Whole Food complaint grouped him in with the "reality deniers" song... but other than that, great episode. Glad to see Cartman can still be a dick even with PC Principal hanging over him. manipulating PC to do his dirty work for him instead of taking him on directly.

Blog Entries

I'm not up to date with this season but caught this the other night and it was decent. the commercial bit got old but it had me laughing. butters was pretty enjoyable. 4/5

Thread Information