Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
    “Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Look, I haven’t watched the show in months.
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

Blog Entries

also apparently the best strategy is hoarding all the really popular eps like LETS, homer at the bat, and bart sells his soul.

A source of fun Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Please shut up.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

he's not wrong!!

Will do this in little chunks because it's really late here and I've work in the morning:

Milpool
    By: @goodfella

Homer's Night Out
    Lisa's Substitute
    Last Exit to Springfield
    Homer at the Bat
    Flaming Moe's
    Bart of Darkness
    Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badaaaaas Song
    $pringfield (or how I learned to stop worrying and love legalized gambling)
    Bart Sells His Soul
    Homer the Smithers
    Homer's Phobia
    Simpson Tide

Is the number 1 team. Every episode is great with the exception of Simpson Tide.

It has some absolute classics in Lisa's Substitute (Probably my favourite all time episode) LETS, Homer at the Bat and Flaming Moes. It has a strong season 1 episode a few episodes that I have a personal fond feeling towards with Bart Sells his Soul, Homer the Smithers and Homer's Phobia.

Best list by a decent margin.

Will decide a bit more and post another installment tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Groupie View Post
    If a dude tried to cum on my face I would remove his testicles.

12: Milpool: (couldn't get any lamer choices then these.)
    11: The Real Team Players: (not my kind of list.)
    10: The Christ Punchers: (nothing's grabbing me here.)
    09: Team-Name Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles: (the last four in the list bring this way down.)
    ----------
    08: Rock Bottom Shows: (eh, good-bad-good-bad.)
    07: Okay, here's how it goes: (the flashback episodes hurt this list for me.)
    06: Big Fat Dominoes: (didn't even want to include this submission. not knowing what milpool is makes this list just feel completely random.)
    05: The Delightful TV Leprechauns: (good, homie the clown and IV are killers.)
    04: The Simpsons: (pretty good.)
    03: help i'm trapped in an air vent: (radioactive man and college alone bring this list up.)
    ----------
    02: The Team That Couldn't Slow Down (really solid, the only other list that can even come close to my top choice.)
    01: Pax Ain't Got Nothing to Lose (no question here, killer line-up. movie, land and connection are dynamite together.)

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zach View Post
    06: Big Fat Dominoes: (didn't even want to include this submission. not knowing what milpool is makes this list just feel completely random.)
    plz just let me live this down

Blog Entries

5 Big Fat Dominoes
    4 The Team That Couldn't Slow Down
    3 Team-Name Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles
    2 The Christ Punchers
    1 The Delightful TV Leprechauns

I chose #1 because it is an awesome selection showing typical Simpsons staples at their strongest, whether you're talking about comedy/satire/storytelling/animation or 'special' episodes (THOH/Sideshow Bob/Flashback/conceptual). Even The Telltale Head might be the most iconic season 1 episode.

Will the winner get a FXX marathon?

Blog Entries

zack and friz are so dead. like, totally dead
    :gatorpee:

11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: friz

Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
    Will do this in little chunks because it's really late here and I've work in the morning:

Milpool
    By: @goodfella

Homer's Night Out
    Lisa's Substitute
    Last Exit to Springfield
    Homer at the Bat
    Flaming Moe's
    Bart of Darkness
    Bart Sells His Soul
    Homer the Smithers
    Homer's Phobia
    Simpson Tide

Is the number 1 team. Every episode is great with the exception of Simpson Tide.

It has some absolute classics in Lisa's Substitute (Probably my favourite all time episode) LETS, Homer at the Bat and Flaming Moes. It has a strong season 1 episode a few episodes that I have a personal fond feeling towards with Bart Sells his Soul, Homer the Smithers and Homer's Phobia.

Best list by a decent margin.

Will decide a bit more and post another installment tomorrow
    This is list #2

help i'm trapped in an air vent
    By: @turkey soup

Life on the Fast Lane
    Old Money
    Saturdays of Thunder
    Homer Defined
    When Flanders Failed
    Homer Loves Flanders
    Homer Goes to College
    'Round Springfield
    Radioactive Man
    Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily
    Hurricane Neddy
    Lisa's Sax

I like the S1 pick (not so much the S2) and the classic era picks are superb. Saturdays of Thunder, Homer Defined, When Flanders Failed, Homer Loves Flanders and Homer Goes to College are all incredible. The later picks are decent but this list has a great core and the weaker episodes are at least decent in all cases

solid list

Hop in or die. BloodySimpsonChibi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Here goes nothing!
    5. @Jerkass Homer
    4. @santa’s elf
    3. @turtleneck
    2. @Pax
    1. @Financial Panther
    Rock Bottom Shows
    Pretty good episodes. Including Lisa’s Wedding was a wise decision.
    Big Fat Dominoes
    Blood Feud is a pretty funny episode. You also have a good number of Lisa episodes.
    Team-Name Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles
    Lisa the Simpson FTW! That’s all I’m gonna say. Oh and I rather enjoy A Streetcar Named Marge.
    Pax Ain't Got Nothing to Lose
    Lost our Lisa is one of my personal favorites. My Sister, My Sitter is great too as well as Summer of 4 ft. 2 Well done Pax!
    The Christ Punchers
    Lisa’s Date with Density is a pretty great episode. I also love Homer the Heretic and Homer’s Enemy.
    Last edited by BloodySimpsonChibi; 11-21-2015 at 02:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    I'd imagine patting Lisa on the head would sting, damn kids with their spiky heads.

Blog Entries

5. help i'm trapped in an air vent
    4. The Simpsons
    3. The Team That Couldn't Slow Down
    2. Pax Ain't Got Nothing to Lose
    1. Milpool
    How to remaster

15. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

Global Moderator Smiling Politely's Avatar

1. Okay, here's how it goes: I'm the leader, And Maggie Makes Three is my loyal sidekick, Marge Be Not Proud's the tough guy, Krusty Gets Busted's the smart guy, and Who Shot Mr. Burns's the quiet religious guy who ends up going crazy
    2. Milpool
    3. The Simpsons
    4. help i'm trapped in an air vent
    5. The Team That Couldn't Slow Down

I had a hard time narrowing it beyond ten, just due to a lot of teams having some of my favourite episodes, but not much as a whole to stand on otherwise. Still not 100% on this. But I'll go with these votes for now.

DICK MOVE! Comicshow MolemanBob's Avatar
    Blog Entries

5. Rock Bottom Shows
    I'm not a huge fan of "Colonel Homer" or "The Call Of The Simpsons", but "Homer's Triple Bypass", "Lisa's Wedding", "Lemon of Troy" and, my personal favourite episode of the show, "Mother Simpson", more than make up for them. I also really like the season 9 pick.

4. The Real Team Players
    The season 3 and season 7 picks are really strong, especially "Homer Alone" and "22 Short Films About Springfield". The season 9 choice is also lot of fun, and I love "The Last Temptation of Homer" and "Mountain of Madness" - despite not being the biggest fan of "Homer's Barbershop Quartet".

3. Big Fat Dominoes
    The season 6 and season 7 picks have a nice array of different episode styles, ranging from more character-driven stuff like "Lisa the Iconoclast", to flat-out gag episodes like "King-Size Homer". The first part of "Who Shot Mr Burns?" may rank in my top 20 episodes, whilst "Blood Feud" and "Lisa the Greek" are some great, early episodes. I've never been a huge fan of "Mr Plow", though.

2. Pax Ain't Got Nothing to Lose
    "The PTA Disbands!" may be one of the funniest episode of the show, and "Summer of 4 Ft. 2" is definitely in my top 5. I'm also a huge fan of the Itchy and Scratchy episodes selected, and the later Lisa episodes. "Lost Our Lisa" is one of the most underrated episodes of the show.

1. Milpool
    Some stone-cold classic episodes like "Lisa's Substitute", "Last Exit to Springfield", "Flaming Moe's" and "Bart of Darkness" - while "Homer the Smithers" competes with "The PTA Disbands!" as one of the shows funniest episodes. The other Oakley and Weinstein episodes are very solid. A really good list, despite the weak season 1 and season 9 episodes.

wanna live like common people Elliot76's Avatar

5. big fat dominoes
    4. milpool
    3. Okay, here's how it goes: I'm the leader, And Maggie Makes Three is my loyal sidekick, Marge Be Not Proud's the tough guy, Krusty Gets Busted's the smart guy, and Who Shot Mr. Burns's the quiet religious guy who ends up going crazy
    2. the christ punchers
    1. pax ain't got nothing to lose (you have itchy & scratchy: the movie in here, how can you not be number 1?)
    "Maybe there is no moral. Maybe it’s just a bunch of stuff that happened."
    - The Simpsons

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: ataeaf, pax

The choices for O&W and season 1 were the dealbreakers for me on whether I liked your list or not
    however one list had 3 spectacular season 7's but nothing else really blew my skirt up so it didn't make the cut
    gave moose the #5 position cuz I thought his list best struck the balance between stone cold classics (Monorail, Files) and underrated gems (Principal Charming, Scenes from a class struggle)
    of course those killer season 6 picks helped too
    pkkao's list was just gold tho. could easily watch all those eps in a row without wanting to pass over one. Bravo!
    5 The Team That Couldn't Slow Down
    4 Milpool
    3 Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles
    2 The Real Team Players
    1 Okay, here's how it goes: I'm the leader, And Maggie Makes Three is my loyal sidekick, Marge Be Not Proud's the tough guy, Krusty Gets Busted's the smart guy, and Who Shot Mr. Burns's the quiet religious guy who ends up going crazy

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

'Fraid I don't have much time available to digress much on the various teams but I can certainly contribute to the voting process so here goes.

1) Milpool - Hate to hop on a bandwagon but, top to bottom, this comes off as the strongest of all of the drafted teams. It would be one thing if goodfella went top-heavy with the one-two punch of Last Exit and Substitute and punted the rest of his lineup but he reinforced that classic tandem with an impressively strong supporting cast of Bart Sells His Soul (a personal Top 5), Bart of Darkness and Flaming Moe's. I'm not a big Homer at the Bat fan but you can't deny its pedigree.

2) The Team That Couldn't Slow Down - Anchored by the best of the Conan episodes (Monorail, New Kid on the Block), The Spruce Moose further diversified his lineup by nabbing THOH V, one of the funniest episodes in Homer Badman, the Stonecutters (Homer the Great) and one of the best relationship-focused episodes in A Milhouse Divided. I've been outspoken against The Springfield Files (we have ourselves a Spock monopoly) but it's not terrible or anything. In fact, there really isn't a bad episode to be seen here.

3) Pax Ain't Got Nothing to Lose - Pax clearly lobbied for my vote by nabbing Summer of 4 Ft. 2 and another of my all-time faves in Itchy & Scratchy Land. Backed those up with a solid group of The PTA Disbands, Lisa's First Word and My Sister, My Sitter. The Front is a sore spot and he might have gone a little overkill with the Itchy & Scratchy pandering... but he did leave Marge vs. and Poochie for others.

4) Rock Bottom Shows - I love the title but Jerkass Homer is advertising The Spruce Moose's lineup indirectly with it. I will always adore Lisa's Wedding (retconned future timeline notwithstanding). Bart's Friend Falls in Love has the best opening in the series. Mother Simpson arguably has the best ending. Marge on the Lam is one of the most underrated episodes of the entire classic era. And I haven't even mentioned perennial Top 10 stalwart, Lemon of Troy. Shame that Larry Burns episode wound up in this group but otherwise excellent.

5) Okay, here's how it goes: I'm the leader, And Maggie Makes Three is my loyal sidekick, Marge Be Not Proud's the tough guy, Krusty Gets Busted's the smart guy, and Who Shot Mr. Burns's the quiet religious guy who ends up going crazy - Negative points for the team name... but pkkao's lineup of stalwarts does a great job of compensating to crack my Top 5. I adore Selma's Choice and the ever-quotable Homer vs. The Eighteenth Amendment. The Way We Was is the iconic Homer-Marge flashback episode and while I do believe that And Maggie Makes Three is a tad overrated and largely driven by the execution of a singular gag and an overly sentimental ending, it's probably still the 3rd best of the flashbacks so it's not a bad category to double-down on. You got the wrong WSMB installment but, otherwise, a first-rate lineup.
    SEASON 31 RANKINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 2/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5
    THOH XXX = Danger Things - 2.5/5 / Heaven Swipes Right - 1.5/5 / When Hairy Met Slimy - 2/5
    Gorillas on the Mast - 4/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2.5/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - ?/5
    THANKSGIVING OF HORROR = ?????? - ?/5 / ?????? - ?/5 / ?????? - ?/5

Blog Entries

Oh yeah, that reminded me. Only one more day for voting! I know @xander is part way through his, so anyone who hasn't gotten around to voting yet, feel free to do so.

(Oh, and @Whatsgiving, post your Top 5 votes in a list. I'm not going through your labyrinth of ratings.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by santa's elf View Post
    You might as well give @goodfella the trophy right now, @Jims!

Blog Entries

Okay, we get it. But keep hammering the point home.

Blog Entries

It’s such a shame you aren’t able to appreciate annoying and repetitive humor just like the amazing humor of the Jean era.

Blog Entries

@santa's elf has received a 1 point penalty for making repetitive Jean Era'esque posts.

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

5. The Christ Punchers
    4. Team-Name Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles
    3. Milpool
    2. help i'm trapped in an air vent
    1. The Delightful TV Leprechauns
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

#3 Team-Name Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles
    #4 The Christ Punchers
    #5 The Real Team Players

#4 and #5 have got incredible episodes from S1-6 but I really am not a fan of some of the later episodes which is why I voted them down
    #3 is a generally very strong list of episodes with not a bad episode, but very few of what I would call the greatest of all time.

Sorry I dragged my feet with this.

Work has been crazy and I haven't been having much time to do anything recently

Holy crap I forgot all about this because of work.

1. Team-Name Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles
    2. The Simpsons
    3. Okay, here's how it goes: I'm the leader, And Maggie Makes Three is my loyal sidekick, Marge Be Not Proud's the tough guy, Krusty Gets Busted's the smart guy, and Who Shot Mr. Burns's the quiet religious guy who ends up going crazy
    4. Big Fat Dominoes
    5. The Real Team Players
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

a whiz with cold drinks Frightened Inmate No. 2's Avatar
    Blog Entries

1. Team-Name Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles
    2. The Team That Couldn't Slow Down
    3. The Christ Punchers
    4. The Simpsons
    5. The Real Team Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Sandford II View Post
    While not humorous, would be cool if someone actually put this in their sig.

Blog Entries

Thanksgiving has been completed, I have finished stuffing myself full of turkey and mashed potatoes, so it finally time to reveal the voting results!

But first, a big thanks to all of our esteemed judges who spent their time evaluating the lists!

@Jims @Insanity Pepper @Ryan @steamed_hamms @iambobdole1 @Dark Homer @deadname @Nitsy @Captain Squid @The Thompsons @friz @zach @Matty @BloodySimpsonChibi @Shaunbadia @Smiling Politely @Comicshow MolemanBob @Elliot75 @hutz @Brad Lascelle @Whatsgiving @xander @kupomog @Served On-plate No. 2

We couldn't have a Fantasy Simpsons game without you! Thanks!

And now, for the final results...
    @goodfella @turtleneck @pkkao @Pax @Financial Panther @The Spruce Moose @Negative Ned @turkey soup @Jerkass Homer @turkey gobbler @santa's elf @voyage of the jayflower

1. Milpool (goodfella) - 60 pts
    2. Team-Name Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles (turtleneck) - 45 pts
    3. Okay, here's how it goes... (pkkao) - 38 pts

4. Pax Ain't Got Nothing to Lose (Pax) - 33 pts
    4. The Christ Punchers (Financial Panther) - 33 pts
    4. The Team That Couldn't Slow Down (The Spruce Moose) - 33 pts

7. The Real Team Players (Negative Ned) - 27 pts
    8. help i'm trapped in an air vent (turkey soup) - 22 pts
    8. Rock Bottom Shows (Jerkass Homer) - 22 pts

10. The Delightful TV Leprechauns (turkey gobbler) - 19 pts
    11. Big Fat Dominoes (santa's elf) - 15 pts
    12. The Simpsons (voyage of the jayflower) - 13 pts

In the end, it was the much-celebrated and much-maligned Milpool that walked away with this Fantasy Simpsons championship. This was a somewhat divisive list, either heralded for its lineup of heavy-hitter favorites or derided for being too populist and pandering. It ended up being the populist view that won the day, however. goodfella came out of the gate grabbing the consensus Season 2 favorite, Lisa's Substitute, with his first pick. And then he doubled up on the Jean & Reiss Era by going Last Exit to Springfield and Homer at the Bat in Rounds 2 & 3. And then he nabbed Bart Sells His Soul in Round 4. These picks ended up making his list somewhat divisive for people, but ended up giving him a strong base of consensus NHC Top 25 episodes as his base. After locking those in, he became difficult to catch.

Our silver medalist, turtleneck, took a slightly different approach. He also came out of the gate quick with Rosebud as the #2 overall pick in the draft, but then switched to cover his bases on the more competitive Season 1/2/9 categories in the next 3 rounds. In my opinion, turtleneck's list really excelled in great value in the last rounds, nabbing You Only Move Twice in Round 5, A Streetcar Named Marge in Round 6, Duffless in Round 7, and Bart's Comet in Round 8. In my humble opinion, getting You Only Move Twice in Round 5 has to be the steal of the entire draft.

Our bronze medalist (and defending champion) pkkao went straight for Season 1/2/9 in the first three rounds, getting strong entries in each (Krusty Gets Busted -> The City of New York -> The Way We Was). And, like turtleneck, filled the bigger categories with some nice value picks in the middle rounds. And Maggie Makes Three fell to him in Round 4, and he got Marge Be Not Proud in Round 5.

The big question of this draft seemed to be how quickly Season 1, 2, and 9 needs to be addressed. We saw some people, like goodfella, almost ignore those categories completely, building an extremely top-heavy list of super popular episodes. But many other covered those bases quickly and caused a run on Season 1 and 9. Because of how much attention were paid to those categories early, it allowed many popular episodes to slide into the middle rounds, allowing those other players to scoop them up at a very cheap price. Both approaches seemed to work out okay, actually.

For posterity, here is goodfella's winning list.

Milpool
    By: goodfella

Homer's Night Out
    Lisa's Substitute
    Last Exit to Springfield
    Homer at the Bat
    Flaming Moe's
    Bart of Darkness
    Bart Sells His Soul
    Homer the Smithers
    Homer's Phobia
    Simpson Tide

Thanks to everyone who played and commented along with it. It was fun!

32. Thumbs Up To This Post by: jim, pax

Hop in or die. BloodySimpsonChibi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Your welcome!

Blog Entries

Hey, 4th ain't that bad for my first try! Good game to all!

Blog Entries

Lucky number 7!

Thread Information