0 0%
  • 1/5 *gets smothered by napkins*

0 0%

Thread: R&R Bob's Burgers "Sliding Bobs"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

R&R Bob's Burgers "Sliding Bobs"

eh? did you all forget about this?

it was alright. trilogy eps certainly aren't this show's forte, but there were quite a few decent gags in this one. also when that one guy said "shedding" it sounded like "shitting".

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: comeau

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

I find this one to be very funny and only because there was NO annoying moments, so 10/10.
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Enjoyable episode. Thought Tina's story was the best of the three with Hugo and the slight recreation of the pilot. Other 2 were also alright, Gene's especially. 4/5.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

Yeah the trilogy eps are usually the weakest but this was still fine. The last segment was by far the best, it was pretty great espically with them recreating the pilot, but the other 2 stories were merely alright.
    3/5

I like hearing and seeing the visualizations of the kids stories. 5/5

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

I didn't really know much about the episode besides the promo for it which had me confused since it seemed very ungrounded for Bob's Burgers. When I checked the thread for this episode and I found out it was a trilogy episode I lowered my expectations for it as the only other trilogy episode I know of is The Gayle Tales and we all know how that episode was. Anyways this was a pretty good episode and I liked how they made a trilogy episode over something trivial like Bob's mustache. I like how all-out they went with the premise and each story was equally good although I'd probably consider Tina's to be the weakest and Gene's to be the best. Really the only problem with the episode is that the resolution feels weak, but I was pretty much expecting that. Overall this was a pretty good episode and I think I liked it more than last year's season premiere. 8/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Homer View Post
    I guess this is the same Nicholson who did Joker in the Batman 1989 movie.

Quote Originally Posted by BuyMyCereal View Post
    I didn't really know much about the episode besides the promo for it which had me confused since it seemed very ungrounded for Bob's Burgers. When I checked the thread for this episode and I found out it was a trilogy episode I lowered my expectations for it as the only other trilogy episode I know of is The Gayle Tales and we all know how that episode was. Anyways this was a pretty good episode and I liked how they made a trilogy episode over something trivial like Bob's mustache. I like how all-out they went with the premise and each story was equally good although I'd probably consider Tina's to be the weakest and Gene's to be the best. Really the only problem with the episode is that the resolution feels weak, but I was pretty much expecting that. Overall this was a pretty good episode and I think I liked it more than last year's season premiere. 8/10
    Don't forget The Frond Files

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Blog Entries

I thought it was an okay episode that probably got better as it went. The first act didn't really do much for me. I think the first laugh I got in this episode was "Take a tase, take a tase." Louise's story was funnier and the scene that stands out to me the most is Bob being asked for his education and experience when being interviewed for a freak show. It felt like something out of Gary Larson.

Tina's story was a really cool concept and pretty much made the episode worth it. I liked how Louise was alternate but as soon as Bob didn't take to her dancing, she still snapped back at him with her actual character. Overall the episode was not the ideal Bob's Burgers episode I pine for but it wasn't bad. The idea that Hugo is constantly living in Tina's alternate reality and him getting upset at Ron for bringing any shred of awareness towards that was a fun comedic punch to go out on.

It was alright, i'm not sure about the decision to start the season off with a trilogy episode since i don't think Bobs Burgers are the best at them but it had its fair share of laughs. I agree that Tinas story was the highlight followed by Genes. Overall 3/5
    Best and Worst Simpsons episodes:

Season 1:Life on the Fast Lane/Homers Night Out Season 2:Lisa's Substitute/The War of the Simpsons Season 3:Flaming Moes/Homer Defined Season 4:Homer The Heretic/So It's Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show Season 5:The Boy Who Knew Too Much/ Lady Bouviers Lover Season 6:Lemon of Troy/Another Simpsons Clip ShowSeason 7:Summer of 4 Ft.2/Homerpalooza Season 8:El Viaji Misterioso Nuestro Jomer (The Mysterious Voyage of Homer)/Bart After Dark Season 9:Lisa's Sax/All Singing All Dancing Season 10:Lisa Gets An A/Sunday, Cruddy Sunday Season 11:Behind The Laughter/Saddlesore Galactica Season 12:Hungry, Hungry Homer/Simpsons Safari Season 13:Poppa's Got A Brand New Badge/Gump Roast Season 14:Moe Baby Blues/Helter Shelter Season 15:Tis the Fifteenth Season/Bart Mangled Banner Season 16:Don't Fear the Roofer/Homer and Neds Hail Mary Pass Season 17:The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees Season18:Homerazzi/Rome-Old and Juli-Eh Season 19:Dial N For Nerder/Papa Don't Leech Season 20:Gone Maggie Gone/Mypods and Boomsticks Season 21:The Squirt and the Whale/Judge Me Tender Season 22:The Great Simpsina/The Fool Monty Season 23:The Book Job/Treehouse of Horror XXII Season 24:Hardly Kirk-ing/Moonshine River Season 25:Brick Like Me/The Kid Is All Right

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The robo-stache part was the best. So far Genes stories in troligy episodes are always the best one. Louise's story was okay I guess. The last segment with Hugo was... Interesting. I'm not a very good reviewer. The whole episode felt too whacky for Bob's Burgers though.

Banned
    Blog Entries

the episode last night was about bobs Mustache and i liked it. 4/5

Blog Entries

this really didn't need to be a trilogy ep, the last segment should've been the entire episode. I admire the "screw you" pacing of the segment which worked with the ultimate reversals of everything, but there was potential in an alternate universe version of the pilot, and they could've tapped into it more. I was actually taken aback they chose this ep for the premiere until that moment when it really clicked. (since I was on vacation this past week I basically headed into this, and will be with almost all the rest of the shows I watch tonight, blind)

overall, it wasn't bad... some funny lines but overall forgettable aside from the last third. I don't know why loren and his staff think trilogy episodes are a good idea for them, especially given their wonky act structure.

3/5
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Wow, how many meh votes in this poll!
    In my opinion the episode was very entertaining and enjoyable. I didn’t notice any bad jokes or annoying moments. It is so simple and pure, but also hilarious. I liked all four stories, especially the true one and the final. In fact, I wouldn’t mind to see Bob and Linda's first meet as a separate flashback episode. Louise and Gene’s stories feels like they were actually told by the kids, because of how wacky and naive they are. Tina’s version on the other hand is more mature but still pretty naive as well. Also, it's a great callback to their very first episode the Human Flesh. Plus, it was interesting and funny to see Bob Belcher as a badass health inspector and Hugo as the restaurant owner and the father of the family. BTW, shaved Bob looks odd.
    Anyway, I give it 5/5. That's what I call a good season premiere.
    Last edited by Мах Power; 09-30-2015 at 08:22 AM. Reason: I think I’m expressed my thoughts not very clear, so I tried to fix it.

Blog Entries

I'm liking the "Kids Trilogy" episodes. It's like this show's Treehouse of Horror.

Anyway, 5/5. Hilarious all the way through.
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

I think this was the best trilogy episode yet. It's a bit of an odd choice for a season premiere, but it had a lot of laughs and some cool concepts. I think Tina's story was my favorite, but Gene's had plenty of funny moments as well. Looking forward to another season of my favorite currently-running show on TV! 4.5/5 A-
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Thread Information