View Poll Results: Was It a Little Bit Country?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 Trump/Garrison 2016

3 14.29%
  • 4/5 Garrison's Trumphant Return

0 0%
  • 3/5 *insert clip of George Sr. and Buster "steamboat willieing" around a circular wall*

3 14.29%
  • 2/5 Someone Was Doing the Raping

1 4.76%
  • 1/5 GOD DAMN HISPANICS, BRAKING DOWN MY SITY WALL!!

14 66.67%

Thread: Rate and Review South Park: "Where My Country Gone?"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate and Review South Park: "Where My Country Gone?"

Original Airdate: September 23rd, 2015. The townspeople want to build a wall to keep out all the undocumented immigrants. Rate and Review when aired n stufz.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

Terrible episode. I enjoyed the Canadian alphabet and the musical number otherwise it was a disjointed mess with a rushed ending and no real resolution whatsoever with the same gags repeating themselves non stop. Also wow this episode has the worst scene of the entire show.

The Caitlyn Jenner joke at the start was terrible and the fact that PC Principal is actually a recurring character is quite frankly awful.

1/5. Not the worst episode of the show but bottom 5 for sure.

Blog Entries

jesus PC Principal reappears? fuck this show

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

Yes there's also continuity this season

Be very afraid of how this will end

Blog Entries

Like last week, there were a few good laughs in this (most of which from the Canadians themselves appearing, who still get major laughs even in later eps) and it seemed like all the plot points were there to make a fairly good episode, but....man was this a messy episode.

First off, nearly every continuity joke in here felt forced in and unfunny. I could handle PC Principal appearing again, but reusing jokes like "hot Cosby" was just painful, even added stuff like Caitlyn Jenner appearing and running over people was a really weak payoff for last week (and I'm assuming her and Garrison running for president is going to come into the Season Finale, which I'm fucking dreading now). Garrison himself wasn't very funny either, even the scene with him raping Canadian Donald Trump was surprisingly weak.

Ugh...wasn't expecting the continuity to be this desperate till the finale. Hopefully there's a few good stand alone episodes in here like 18, cause from where this Season appears to be going right now, I'm pretty damn afraid.

1/5.

Blog Entries

"Surprisingly" weak?

Erm it would have been a very weak scene either way, bud!

Yeah, I can't complain about the stupid "continuity" crap enough. True continuity would be a running story line that develops over several episodes, not lame forced references to things people didn't even like very much from previous episodes. I don't get the sense of much of a story going here as much as loose connections between the episodes and constant references to the episode that came before. The "continuity" was mediocre in the last season and it's even worse this season; why is Trey bothering with this? Does anyone actually like it?

The episode was a significant drop in quality from the only "okay" episode of last week, and that's a disappointment. I generally like the appearance of the Canadians, but I didn't do more than smile a couple times--no laughing. Garrison was not a good Trump reference in this episode; him saying "fuck" over and over again isn't good satire. The stuff Charlotte's father said was the only relevant thing in the episode (I did think Butters' relationship was cute, but not enough to balance out the negatives of the episode).

This episode is worse than any episode in the last season. I agree with the 1/5 ratings. Pretty awful.
    "Your tears say more than real evidence ever could."

Blog Entries

There was one solid laugh in this episode, and it was Butters being accused of having "Maple Fever".

Aside from that this may be one of the worst episodes they've done. From PC Principal being back, to Jenner being all fucked up looking to the "Hot Cosby" runner to the fact that Garrison literally raped the Canadian version of Donald Trump to death. This thing was just fucking terrible from start to finish, with a tiny bit of give during the scene where Butters and the Canadian girl were looking at the stars together.

Also, Garrison's song felt like a rehash of Cartman's "Minorities" song from the "Pee" episode back in Season 13.

1/5
    How to remaster

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

I can't believe I'm saying this, but this just as terrible as everyone else is making it out to be. It's even on the same level as (un)Funnybot which is still my least favorite South Park episode. As a Canadian I feel I should address this part of the episode, the way they portrayed the Canadians in this episode was so unoriginal. I'm not even offended by this, I just think it's very sad. They go for the most obvious stereotypes like Canadians love maple syrup, the way they talk is funny and how polite they are and I think the latter stereotype is the worst because it's not true. This show has made fun of Canadians before and they've done it much better in The South Park Movie. They even made fun of them better in that Terrance and Phillip episode and I didn't care for it that much. It just felt like familiar territory and it just failed to get any kind of laugh out of me. That isn't the biggest problem of this episode though. The biggest problem is that it feels like the writers weren't even trying with this episode and they just made cheap shots at Caitlyn Jenner by having her run over pedestrians which was just a terrible shock value gag and Mr. Garrison raping the Canadian prime minist- oh sorry, I mean "president" was just... I don't even know what to say about it. Mr. Garrison was also really unlikable in this episode and while him being an asshole is a part of his character, here it just wasn't funny. The continuity from the previous episode was also really weak and unfortunately PC Principal is going to be a recurring character. The only thing that made me laugh in this episode was The Lion King II joke, but it wasn't funny the second time. While last week's episode wasn't perfect, there was at least some effort put into it. The jokes were actually funny and at least the whole PC frat thing was clever. With this episode it's just like "Fuck you, here's your new episode." It's not worse than (un)Funnybot because that episode was actually offensive. Here it's just trying way to hard to be offensive when there's really nothing in this episode that's offensive. I really hope that the writers were just having an off day with this episode and hopefully will get that great episode that actually has something relevant to say this season. Bottom line: This is one of the worst South Park episodes I've ever seen. 1/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Homer View Post
    I guess this is the same Nicholson who did Joker in the Batman 1989 movie.

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Geez... I liked it. Finally Mr. Garrison got a major part in an episode again.

Blog Entries

all your 1/5s inspired me to watch it. and yeah holy cow what a piece of garbage. the "fuck em all to death" runner was so lazy and unfunny and its climax with garrison raping the canadian donald trump was pretty appalling. then there's a subplot with butters and charlotte the canadian girl which goes nowhere... it seems like they wrote the cafeteria scene where the boys get pissed at kyle, and then just kept writing. is "hot cosby" by itself funny? of course not. how about caitlyn jenner going buckle up buckaroo and then driving over someone funny? nope, not even a grin.

fuck this ep

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by totte654 View Post
    Geez... I liked it. Finally Mr. Garrison got a major part in an episode again.
    Of course you did. You're incapable of seeing any bad in anything as long as it's a fucking cartoon it seems, and God forbid anyone dislike it because you'll get into as many YouTube arguments as it takes to label anyone with any negative remarks as people who just think it's "Cool to hate (X)".

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan, Startug

Blog Entries

So...people really loved this one.

https://m.reddit.com/r/southpark/com...9e02_where_my/

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/south-p...yone-lo-225812

Even as someone who can usually handle new SP material, I'm shocke how people are reacting this positively.

*sigh* guess Is really am becomimg a grandpa.
    Last edited by 1010011010; 09-24-2015 at 07:50 AM.

Blog Entries

I'm not gonna act shocked that the episode had positive responses on Reddit or 4chan, was kinda curious about how AV Club would rate it though. They also gave that really shitty Rick & Morty ep "Interdimensional Cable 2: Tempting Fate" the same grade this week so I guess I shouldn't be that surprised.

Also, if you guys wanna hate on this episode more, people are making the assumption that this shot of Garrison was either a reference to the photo of the dead Syrian boy from a few weeks ago or possibly the woman who killed herself at Niagara Falls this past week.

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm incapable of seeing anything bad in any show or movie I like. Animated or not.

Anyway, Canadians are always funny, as well as Mr. Garrison. His hate speeches are the best. And Butters dating that Canadian girl was kinda cute, I'm assuming their relationship will continue for a few episodes. Only part I didn't care for was when everyone was rude to Kyle, other than that, a pretty great episode.

Blog Entries

I'm incapable of seeing anything bad in any show or movie I like. Animated or not.
    Well... at least you admit it, I guess.

His hate speeches are the best.
    This feels like it could be a good sig quote for someone.

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Your claim is not really true though, @totte654. I remember that there have been a few Family Guy episodes you didn't like that much. I'm positive about the new episodes myself, but even then I have a few ones I don't like.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

I wanted to turn this off half way through when I saw that it was a continuation of last week's episode.

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Well, I didn't hate it.

And I'm not shy about it when I hate a South Park episode. But I thought this was pretty funny and fixed some of the premiere's problems. I'm convinced that the South Park Canadians will never NOT be funny, and they were in fine form here (with the silly alphabet, "maple fever," Butters' romance and even Garrison adopting some of their speech patterns). Cartman was back in-character after that bizarre, underwhelming turn last week. And the toothless, nonsensical ending of the last episode actually had some payoff here, with Kyle being increasingly frustrated with the Jenner situation (I was hoping for a nod to that hit-and-run controversy, and there it was).

So...yeah, I'm one of the guys who likes continuity in South Park! And why not? In my opinion, it makes things more interesting, and it's not like the seasons immediately before last were real winners anyway. I thought last year was an improvement outside of the awful two-part finale.

Back to the episode, Garrison's plot was okay but ended up going in weird directions. There was some promise when he came up to the Canadian wall--for a moment, it seemed like they'd make a parallel with the US "being" Mexico and Canada "being" America...but then it all kinda fell apart at the end. They couldn't stick the landing after some pretty fun ideas to set up the first two thirds. Instead, Garrison just rapes a guy to death and all is well. I thought that was pretty grisly too--I mean, Garrison's a total nut, but to make him a rapist and murderer is over-the-line even for him. I also thought the Trump satire would've been stronger if there was only ONE stand-in for Trump, instead of there being two.

A couple rewrites of the latter half would've made it all work better, but I still was largely entertained. Not really seeing the ire for this one, fellows.

3.5/5 B- (3 on the poll)
    My Nintendo webcomic,

This show is going downhill.

Blog Entries

This is the only place where I see people disliking this episode so bad, everywhere I go they loved it for most of the part. Even the AV Club gave it an A-.

I personally thought it wasn't that good, and I expect more from episodes hat heavily feature the Canadians. They've all been great so far, even ''Freemium Isn't Free'' from last season, but this one didn't do it for me. I already don't like how they continue the plot from previous episode, seems that we're in for yet another continuity season which the previous season dragged on for way too long with the whole Lorde thing. I didn't think that most of the jokes were any clever, and came down to Garrison saying ''fuck 'm all'' to everyone. Butters subplot felt too much like filler which didn't even lead anywhere, he was supposed to infiltrate the Canadians or something but that plot got completely dropped. I did like Kyle's jokes of everyone not wanting to listen to his speeches, the Canadian alphabet that everyone had to sing, and Garrisons ''Where Did My Country Gone'' song. I've always thought Garrison was a great singer.

I was expecting to see something completely out of the ordinary when I saw the gate at the Canadian border, something South Park suprises its audience most of the time. This time it was just Canada turned into a wasteland, with people immigrating and suiciding just because the new Prime Minister was an asshole. As a character I didn't think much of him, but atleast he got.... fucked to death. South Park has always been great in imitating real life situations, like in todays world a lot of illegal immigrants enter like any country. I'm actually glad they used the Canadians instead of Syrians, but they could've executed the whole immigrant thing a lot better.

So overall its a below average episode, and probably the only Canadian episode that I don't really like. It had some genuine laughs and moments but most of the episode is just random bashing with random plots/moments that lead to nowhere. So far I'll give it a 2/5

Please stop with the continuity.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Blog Entries

really, guys?! really?!?!

clearly the only decent joke in this garbage was the lion king 2 reference

otherwise, yes this was godawful. the caitlyn jenner thing is just matt and trey trolling... ha ha she ran over a guy but HA HA THEY MADE HER UGLY TO MAKE PEOPLE ANGRY. the ending scene where garrison rapes canadian donald trump (seriously the fuck was that?!) is easily the show's new nadir. charlotte/butters thing was ok but not really funny. they are so eager to force their own memes to the point of repeating the "hot cosby" joke a bajillion times.

@Dobbie has been teasing me about this one all week and I sure as fucking know I saw a gif of that canadian trump dancing so many times this week so I was all prepped to shrug and say, "hey guys it's not that bad!" after all of the anti-hype

nope. it's that bad.

1/5
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

man I wish I was back on vacation again

Watch the two recent eps back to back. Yeah ok this was pretty bad. I will admit there were a few lines that I really got a kick out of but "fuck 'em all to death" all episode long, just yikes. Garrison's impact and yell going down the falls was my favorite part of the episode besides The Lion King II (which I liked).

Ugh and of course I hit 3/5 by accident. That's my rating for CtPaTown -_-
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

it certainly doesn't deserve the ratings some of the reviewers were giving it (AV club, IGN) but it doesn't deserve 1/5s and stuff. sure all the "fuck em all to death" stuff was gratuitous and over the top but some of it was funny, like when the Canadian wouldn't let garrison behind the wall to look at the cool stuff. also the Canadian alphabet and when they started playing that trumpet song in class

butters tho, oh my. he's one of my favourite characters and in this episode he was really cool with that canadian girl. that made the episode worth a 2/5 automatically, butters is just so great.

but yeah what really brought this whole episode down to 2/5 is really what garrison was saying. that news scene was quite uncomfortable even for me, and when he finally got to donald trump it was really hard not to turn it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

Blog Entries

caught this last night

It takes quite a bit for me to dislike South Park, but jesus, this was pretty bad. Garrison's "Fuck 'em all to death" wasn't funny the first time, let alone repeating throughout the entire episode. I liked the Lion King 2 reference, and Butters' plot was OK, but otherwise this was just plain boring and a bit uncomfortable at times{Garrison and Canadian Trump....). I'd probably give it a 2/5. like I said, I kind of liked Butters' plot, almost wish that girl had stayed...

Thread Information