View Poll Results: Did You FEEL this Episode?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 The BRAVEST Episode Yet

1 4.17%
  • 4/5 Caitlyn Forever

5 20.83%
  • 3/5 It wasn't good or bad, it was something you'll never understand. But it would die for me.

10 41.67%
  • 2/5 Blargh, Transgender Bad, hoploapshdflkdshfo!!!

3 12.50%
  • 1/5 Randy is Lorde (swear to God if this gets mentioned again)

5 20.83%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review South Park: "Stunning and Brave"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate and Review South Park: "Stunning and Brave"

Original Airdate: September 16th, 2015. A new principal at South Park Elementary makes the gang face their past as they realize a new appreciation for Caitlyn Jenner. Rate and Review after airdate n such.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

do people still care about south park!

Blog Entries

it is literally as irrelevant as the simpsons at this point

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

sique burn
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

Blog Entries

was that sarcasm

Blog Entries

yea

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

what a cringe!!!

Blog Entries

hey guys let's actually talk about the episode please

mixed bag, but unlike other SP premieres, not atrocious. the opening scene was pretty great, and the plot actually halfway decent until it peaks when PC principal beats the shit out of cartman. the rest is mostly incoherent, except for the great tom brady dream bit. (which works solely due to well done fast-paced comedic editing)

the ending was completely incomprehenisble. trey parker seriously does not know how to end anything anymore... and it sucks even more when there's some mild promise attached to the beginning of it. I agree with their points about extremism in outrage culture at the halfway point, but I still have no clue what they're really getting across at the end there, even as much as they fucking winked about it.

3/5

also if PC principal really does become a new, recurring character then holy shit fuck that. this ep will immediately downgrade in my opinion as a result.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

I already miss Princi-pal Victoria
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Much better premiere than last season.

The mockery of Tom Brady was funnier than the most of the PC stuff in my opinion. I did like the bizarre reversal of Cartman and Kyle's roles and I did like the portrayal of "PC gone mad" like an aggressive bullying fraternity, even if it was a little too exaggerated to make too much of a point (not that's not usual for SP). Randy and the pledges pranking Kyle had me laughing out loud.

"I had some refreshments and I checked your friend's privilege".

Overall, it was a decent beginning to the season, but I do hope they don't try that lame half-assed "continuity" they did last season.
    "Your tears say more than real evidence ever could."

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

1) That was shocking seeing Cartman getting beaten like that.

2) Is there where our society is heading with that extreme PC nonsense?

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, um, what the hell was up with Cartman? I mean I know that beating would've scared him but he already gave up when he got detention...

At least he was back to normal at the end. All the PC people were hilarious, very good episode.

So I guess PC Principal is staying for one or two seasons, just like Kenny's death or Mrs Garrison.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Victorias sudden disappearance might be a hint to another continuity-esque Season (she wasn't a really irreplaceable character, but its weird for them to just completely replace a character from the beginning of the series without a goodbye/death). Could also be doing something with Cartman staying PC, which wasn't really resolved despite him "winning".

Anyway, as Season premieres go, this was fairly good. PC Principals rant at the beginning was a good opener, and him beating the shit out of Cartman actually shocked me a bit. SJW frat boys was a funny idea, as was Randy usual shenanigans joining them and checking Kyle's "privileges". Cartmans Tom Brady lines were a bit forced, though I did love that dream sequence, and Cartman's plan at the end.

Ending was kind of disappointing though. Kyle just giving up and accepting Jenner as a hero was kind of confusing (unless they're gonna go back to it and have Kyle say his true feelings again, assuming the continuity thing is back and will hopefully make more sense this time, or not and they just made a weirdly written ending).

Overall, it had some pretty good jokes and moments that felt like old South Park, but its moral and plot could've used some work.

High 3/5 for the poll.

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

Well, so far I'm probably the one who liked this episode the most. I have been catching up on a few of the South Park episodes I haven't seen, the newest one being The Cissy and I'm still not seeing any noticeable changes with the show. There are still many episodes I haven't seen, but I'm still going to try to catch every episode for this season. So this episode was a pretty good season premiere. I thought they did a good job of making the PC Principal annoying and funny at the same time and I thought the fact that he was in a fraternity was pretty funny, but I also hope he doesn't become a recurring character although he probably will. The funniest parts of the episode were Cartman trying to frame the principal, Cartman's Tom Brady dream and the Jared the Subway Guy references. This episode isn't perfect as it kind of feels like a rehash of The Cissy at times and there is this one problem I have with this episode that keeps it from being any better and that is how they tackled the Caitlyn Jenner subject. I really wish they tackled it in a thought-provoking way like how South Park usually tackles it's subject matter, but all they say about her is that she's a hero and if you feel the same way then you're a terrible person. That ending where Kyle admits she's a hero was such a lazy way to end the episode. Other than that it was a solid episode. 8/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Homer View Post
    I guess this is the same Nicholson who did Joker in the Batman 1989 movie.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    hey guys let's actually talk about the episode please
    lol mate my whole point was it's not a show worth talking about anymore ;0

Blog Entries

Probably the better of the premieres since season 13.

But the last 5 minutes or so felt incredibly rushed and the 2nd half of the episode didn't have any highlights besides maybe the dream sequence that gave me a chuckle. The episode actually started ok but then they shoe-horned Randy into the plot and it's like they had no idea how to end the main story.

2.5/5. It still had a few moments that made me smile but it's just another typical modern South Park episode.

Blog Entries

oof, they just kept on hammering the same damn joke/point on us, and its things most people already know/believe. the episode was just repetitive and had like no redeeming jokes.
    1/5

Mom, Bart's Smoking!

The plot felt like it was a mix of previous episodes (Broadway Bro Down with the Bro angle, Death Camp of Tolerance with bullying people to be PC/accepting) but it was pretty funny overall, the ending aside. I like how they actually made a direct reference to Chef, I think it may be the first one since he was killed off (Randy in Creme Freich saying Hello Children aside) 3.5/5

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by handy wonder View Post
    lol mate my whole point was it's not a show worth talking about anymore ;0
    so shush then

Blog Entries

it was okay, had to navigate through a mine field of ads to get to it though

I'm not really exposed to all the PC SJW shit here in Australia because nobody really gives a shit so that point was kind of lost on me
    I liked all the references to things that happened between season 18 and 19 (Jared, Syrian kids) and I laughed at Randy trying to talk without vomiting, Kyle being san-rapped to a tree without waking up apparently and the Tom Brady dream sequence

a 3/5, mainly because the ending was odd and the whole point of the episode which I'm guessing was to make fun of SJWs and stuff kinda went over my head

also really liked the chef reference and the you have your cake, eat it

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

I agree with the general sentiment here that it lost steam in the second half and especially the ending. It did seem to peak with Cartman's injury and I was curious where they were going with it.

Like many South Parks, they ran one joke into the ground for too long (the PC fratboy subplot). I did like the poking fun at everything becoming PC again but for a South Park topic, I expected a lot more from this. The finale was tough to follow.

The biggest let-down was probably how Cartman was handled. This kid is supposed to be as nasty, manipulative and selfish as it gets, and it was weird seeing PC Principal of all things apparently changing his character. The ending sort of hinted that this was his plan all along, but it didn't make a ton of sense.

Otherwise, there were a pretty good assortment of laughs here and there. I just wish the overall message was more coherent.

3/5
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Blog Entries

don't know why i watched this, but i did. it wasn't funny at all. don't really understand what the show has become honestly.

Blog Entries

If they're planning to do more continuity this season, I really hope they don't make PC Principal a super prominent feature, because the joke of "Hurr durr, retarded frat boys" got old pretty fucking quickly. The opening scene was genuinely very funny, and I enjoyed the outrage at past exploits (What got me most was that PC Principal was pissed off at the City Wok guy for more or less just existing in the first place). Cartman's dream sequence was another highlight if only for the design of him as Bill Belichick.

Randy's portion of the episode was fairly predictable, though the scenes where he was hungover were funny. Didn't care for the whole section of them checking Kyle's privilege or much else that happened to be honest. Cartman's motives throughout the whole episode were confusing as fuck too. I get that the role reversal was supposed to be part of the joke, but it's still really weird and stupid that the one time Cartman tries to just take his punishment and behave that fucking Kyle of all people (And I suppose Stan, Butters, Kenny, Craig etc.) would try to encourage him to be the monster they know he can be, even if it was for the purpose of defeating a bigger enemy. That scene with him getting the shit beat out of him was just largely uncomfortable from start to finish (Though I did laugh at Cartman's casual admission that he was just trying to frame the principal for raping Butters while PC Principal was just freaking out over terminology).

Whatever Matt & Trey's point was with this episode, I couldn't fucking tell you it, because it just seemed like they were trying to address something they don't really give that much of a fuck about to begin with.

A weird, mildly interesting and funny but also very iffy start to the season. Probably worth a 3/5 at best.
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

yeah I laughed at that too
    SPOKESMAN? ARE YOU EXCLUDING WOMEN
    no I'm just trying to frame you for raping butters
    ITS SPOKEPEOPLE

Only part I really cracked up at out of the whole episode was Cartman's deluded FUCK YOU YOU BROKE THE RULES dream sequence, as others have mentioned. Just hilariously odd and quickly paced and his stupid voice really makes it work.

Blog Entries

i just don't understand why people still watch this shit other than it's south park and it used to be respectable. it's even more incomprehensible than the simpsons because good people here are still wasting their time watching it out of sheer obligation when they even acknowledge it's the same shit

I'm not really wasting those 20 something minutes when I'm doing other stuff at the same time. Multitasking is a way of life.

It's more a waste of my time to convince some guy who cares too much what other people watch that I'm not wasting my time.

What makes it worse is that fucking "good people are watching this crap??" insulting shit that you also say about me and Ryan watching Drawn Together in the past. Just aggravating. If only they didn't watch that one show...they'd be even more good.

Blog Entries

@handy wonder, why do you care so much? Like, if you personally hate the show now and don't wanna watch anymore that's fine but like, the fact that you get this pissed off about the fact that members of the board may still want to discuss it as new eps air is just baffling. It's not even like that many of us are consistently tuning in and talking about it compared to the amount of people posting about new Simpsons eps in that section of the board.

Honestly, aside from the whole "good people here are watching this shit" complaint that you've made before with regards both this show and as @kupomog pointed out, Drawn Together, the way you immediately jumped on this thread to post multiple times about how people shouldn't care about South Park anymore before the episode even aired is just plain shitty. Like it or not, just because you don't care for something doesn't mean that people will just act like it no longer exists.

I literally forget this show exists every single year until I see commercials and chatter roll around at the start of a new season. And at that point, my reaction isn't OMG NEW SOUTH PARK GOTTA WATCH. It's "well guess I'll tune in if it's on and a good topic." There are huge chunks of seasons of this show I haven't watched because I've been wholly frustrated or just kinda grossed out. However, there aren't a lot of satirical cartoons I watch that make episodes about current events almost AS they are happening so it's one reason why I still watch what they do, good or not. So of course I watched the freaking PC ep of South Park.

Thread Information