Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Nickelodeon to revive some old shows?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Pretty sure the splat will just be a larger block on teen nick or replace teen nick altogether. The splat websitess term of use page list it as part of teen nick.
    So dont worry, nick mom will be here for ages
    http://www.thesplat.com/terms.html

PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF USE (the “Agreement”) CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE (the "Site"). This Site at Teennick.com is fully controlled and operated by TeenNick, a business unit of Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. ("TeenNick.com")

Blog Entries

no, nickmom is indeed going the way of the dodo.

https://twitter.com/NickMom

Blog Entries

tragic

Banned

bring back jimmy neutron tbh
    I want Jimmy Neutron back too.

Blog Entries

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-splat/471174/
    NEW YORK – Sept. 24, 2015 – Millennials who crave the iconic Nickelodeon shows of their childhood, including Kenan & Kel, Rugrats, Hey Arnold! and more, can rejoice. Starting Monday, Oct. 5, Nickelodeon will throw back to the ‘90s every day with the launch of “The Splat,” a new multiscreen content destination spanning television, seven social media platforms and a dedicated web site aggregating the most loved Nick content from the 1990s and beyond. “The Splat” will dive deep to create a retro experience filled with landmark Nickelodeon programs; classic programming stunts like Nick or Treat, U-Pick and Super Toy Run; the recreation of specific days of programming as they aired in the ‘90s; and original promos and interstitials, including the Doo-wop Dinosaurs and the Opera Lady. “The Splat” will roar to life across all platforms on Monday, Oct. 5, launching that night on television on TeenNick from 10 p.m. – 6 a.m. (ET/PT).
    well, there we have it. hopefully it has more variety than the 90s are all that ultimately had, which was a good idea but grew stale fast when it decided to rerun the same shows in perpetuity.

Nick or Treat, U-Pick and Super Toy Run...that actually sounds really neat that they're including that stuff.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

Oh that's pretty cool. Nice to hear there will be a streamable version
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Aahhh Real Monsters was the best show created and yet there was a rip off movie (Monster Inc.) so who knows. Those that like Monsters Inc. are retards but life goes on.

Blog Entries

well alrighty then

But a popular Kenan and Kel was pretty popular so I wouldn't mind that. I'd watch it

Blog Entries

yo is your username a reference to a presumed lost episode of kablam?

http://lostmedia.wikia.com/wiki/KaBl...000_Episode%29

Blog Entries

well pete and pete's Facebook page shared this video, which does feature a couple of short clips from the show, so there is hope.

https://www.facebook.com/thesplat/vi...7157626740974/

youtube vid for non facebook peeps

yes, i follow pete and pete's page on fb, think it's the only nick related thing i follow actually.

I know this has been said before, but unless the shows didn't have proper endings, they shouldn't bring shows back. They might end up like SB or FOP.

Quote Originally Posted by comeau View Post
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-splat/471174/

well, there we have it. hopefully it has more variety than the 90s are all that ultimately had, which was a good idea but grew stale fast when it decided to rerun the same shows in perpetuity.
    Sounds too good to be true. Airing specific days of programming as they aired in the 90s...I think that would involve a number of shows they didn't produce and probably don't have syndication rights to.

Blog Entries

idk we'll see. so far they have shown off a variety of different 90s shows they intend to air, both animated and live action. there's some notable exceptions, haven't seen any clips for the nicktoons doug and kablam(they've had rights issues to this show for a while now), or most of their game shows. they've even shown off clips of are you afraid of the dark, which was a canadian co-production. plus, even though there hasn't been clips for any shows newer than rocket power, it's speculated that some early 2000s shows will show up too.

Junior Camper

90s Nick = awesome
    2000-2005 = good
    2006-2009 sucked badly
    2010-now sucks even more, beyond belief

Simple as that.

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

I loved Nickelodeon growing up, so if this is coming to Netflix, I'll be happy to check it out.

That said, several of these shows (including my personal favorite, Hey Arnold) have already been available via streaming and/or DVD for years. I think I'd find an actual revival of some of these shows--new episodes, etc--to be more exciting.

You hear me, Craig Bartlett!? Let's get our Jungle Movie already!
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceBun View Post
    I loved Nickelodeon growing up, so if this is coming to Netflix, I'll be happy to check it out.

That said, several of these shows (including my personal favorite, Hey Arnold) have already been available via streaming and/or DVD for years. I think I'd find an actual revival of some of these shows--new episodes, etc--to be more exciting.

You hear me, Craig Bartlett!? Let's get our Jungle Movie already!
    I think Steve Viksten's death is devastating to any future Hey Arnold stuff. He was the writer who really made that show what it was when it was at its best (he was also a big member of the Rugrats writing staff during its pre-hiatus seasons).

Blog Entries

look at all that nostalgia. you can't do that on television in particular hasn't been seen on american tv in over 20 years.

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dark Homer

Yes bring me my Roundhouse. Round and round and round and round and round...

Blog Entries

schedule for the first night, monday october 5th:

10PM: Pete & Pete: Burp Room/Stare Master/Mom's Plate
    10:30PM: You Can't Do That on Television: Work/Transportation
    11PM: Kenan & Kel: Pilot
    11:30: Kenan & Kel: The Tainting of the Screw
    Midnight: Doug: Doug Bags a Neematoad
    12:30: Doug: Doug Can't Dance/Doug Gets Busted
    1AM: Ren & Stimpy: Stimpy's Big Day
    1:30: Ren & Stimpy: Robin Hoek/Nurse Stimpy.

it repeats from 2am-6am.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by comeau View Post
    look at all that nostalgia. you can't do that on television in particular hasn't been seen on american tv in over 20 years.
    ACUALLY they showed it during slime time live. there was a skit featuring kids toting guns in school, and one of them was wearing a ronald reagan mask (this was a few days after reagan died)

then nick went to a commercial and mysteriously didn't air the rest of the episode

Blog Entries

yo pete and pete in a half hour guys

just a reminder

Blog Entries

So apparently this is how they're trying to promote Rocko's Modern Life. I'll give you all a heads up in letting you know it's terrible, though they do reference Chokey Chicken in the lyrics which is neat, I guess.
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

New "Hey Arnold!" TV movie confirmed, sounds like it's gonna be the Jungle Movie.
    The Viacom-owned kids’ outlet is developing a new TV movie based on “Hey Arnold!,” the animated series that ran between 1996 and 2004 and focused on a fourth-grader with an oblong noggin who lived with his grandparents in a boarding house. The TV movie will feature a storyline that picks up where the original series ended and resolves unanswered plotlines–including the whereabouts of Arnold’s parents, long missing from the program. Executives at the network declined to offer a specific date for when the new content might be ready or air.
    Full article here: http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/hey-...ws-1201646666/

Blog Entries

the way they talked about it, it feels like it'll be a retooled "jungle movie" (exploring those questions but taking place in the city rather than the jungle) but I could be wrong. sucks its a TV movie, the theatrical animation test was really wonderful.

kind of bizarre its actually being made at all, long after bartlett threw in the towel. what I cringe at is the thought of inducing the "arrested development" effect, where everybody in other fandoms goes nuts and believes this as a sign that they may finally be vindicated as well.

Blog Entries

@Ryan, of course it'll have that effect, Hell, the way things are being treated right now it's clear that they want people to think that potentially anything and everything Nick once did could come back. Take a look at this part of the article.
    Yes, that does mean that Nickelodeon could potentially revive old series like “Ren & Stimpy,” “Rocko’s Modern Life” or “The Wild Thornberrys,” though the network’s executives declined to discuss specific projects other than “Hey Arnold!”
    Hell, that's been the whole purpose of this exercise from the start. No matter what they actually bring back, the more they remain vague the more people will pay attention in the hopes that their beloved show may too see a second life.

Blog Entries

oh I meant other things that aren't nick properties. I mean, community fans harrassed netflix for a straight week because they brought back AD, even if netflix didn't even have the rights to the show.

Blog Entries

Eh, that's probably less likely then. The only thing I could see that potentially being an issue with is "Doug" because of that show jumping ship to Disney or possibly Ren & Stimpy because of the show's infamous history what with John K. getting shitcanned and then of course the Adult Party Cartoon revival on Spike. I can't really imagine Nickelodeon being flooded with mail to bring back shows it never had anything to do with in the first place unless the people sending the requests are just really stupid and forget which cartoon channel had what shows like "Dear Nick, plz can u bring back Cow & Chicken?".

I get that because it's a Viacom company there might be the odd request of like, "Since MTV no longer caters to the demographic, you should consider having TeenNick be the new home of shows such as Daria and Beavis & Butt-Head" but I feel like it'd be way more of a closed book than the situation with people who badger Netflix to bring shows back.

Thread Information