• 2/5 as bad as Putin himself!!

2 18.18%
  • 1/5 hit me up with that Hotline pls

3 27.27%

Thread: R&R Family Guy "Petey IV"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

R&R Family Guy "Petey IV"

Vladimir Putin comes to Quahog while Brian falls for a suicide hotline worker.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

the brian plot was atrocious and disgusting and even worse than last weeks and the fact that they thought kristen bell character Complimenting brian for busting a nut was plausible is just sad.

the putin plot wasn't awful i guess. was dreading a lame chicken fight when putin appeared but it was largely just ok wackiness with a few funny gags and some groaners (like that donald trump text joke, extremely late to the party and not even a good zinger). nothing gross or disgusting there either to my memory, guess they needed to save that for the brian plot. 2.5/5

3. Thumbs Up To This Post by: fas1997, John95

Stuff I liked
    Parody recap of the previous episode in the style of Survivor (got a smile out of Peter's "I haven't pooped in 33 days" card)
    Guy with check addressed to "Chicken" (too bad they ruined it with the callback later)
    Lionel Richie receiving royalties for Putin quoting Hello.
    "You got Simpsons?" "We got Family Guy"
    Peter and Putin dancing to Say You, Say Me.

Stuff I didn't like
    Brian's drawn out phone call
    All Fruit cutaway ("And thank you for wasting my time" was what I said as soon as it was over)
    Ronan Farrow cutaway
    The callback to the check gag (as already mentioned)
    Brian encouraging that guy on the phone to kill himself and whoever that other person was.
    The callback to the All Fruit gag (Peter: Aren't you glad we did all that work earlier? Me: No!)
    I pretty much tuned the rest of the main plot out by the time we got to the ending that parodies Rocky IV

Other random thoughts
    I honestly dunno how to respond to the A Million Ways to Die in the West jab.
    I was expecting Meg to call the suicide hotline, so I was kinda surprised that they decided to take the high road I guess and not resort to such a predictable bottom of the barrel joke.

You know that your episode is bad when I'm very tempted to turn it off at least once the same way I wanted to turn off several episodes of American Dad! that we've gotten during it's latest season. The main plot was just you classic autopilot plot where I'm more than likely gonna forget about most of what happened in it by this time come tomorrow but contained a number of hit and miss gags. The subplot however is what hampers an already weak episode. Everything about it made me think that this was an episode rejected from American Dad! in regards to how neigh unwatchable it was thanks to it constantly getting worse and worse with each new scene. Thank god we're only getting one more episode with this shit plot, even though this episode itself further proves my point about how this story doesn't have enough to warrant being more than a single episode especially when you can cut all the Brian stuff out and the episode would be better off for it.

0/5 By far the worst Family Guy episode I've seen in quite awhile. Seriously, fuck this shit!
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: 1.5/5 Shanksgiving: .5/5 Christmas is Coming: 2/5 Connie's Celica: 0/5 Short Cuts: 2/5 Undergrounded: 1.5/5 Rich Old Stewie: 3.5/5 The Movement: .5/5 Baby Stewie: 0/5
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: 0/5 Pride Before the Fail: .5/5 Enter Stanman: 0/5 No Weddings and a Funeral: 0/5 Eight Fires: 1.5/5 The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: 0/5 Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

Blog Entries

ok

Blog Entries

@Sam likes Pokémon pass it on

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Andre

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by tormented View Post
    the brian plot was atrocious and disgusting and even worse than last weeks and the fact that they thought kristen bell character Complimenting brian for busting a nut was plausible is just sad.

the putin plot wasn't awful i guess. was dreading a lame chicken fight when putin appeared but it was largely just ok wackiness with a few funny gags and some groaners (like that donald trump text joke, extremely late to the party and not even a good zinger). nothing gross or disgusting there either to my memory, guess they needed to save that for the brian plot. 2.5/5
    Agree with this pretty much entirely, although I think they go to the "voiceover epilogue" trope too much on this show.

And was I the only one who expected a better payoff to the Brian storyline, even if only at the vet or something? Or are they saving that for "act 3"?

@That Don Guy, I was expecting that to be like an epilogue scene or something that ran over the credits. But that fact that it wasn't and that Brian getting his leg broken was the final scene was enough for me to consider the entire plot to be pure fucking evil!

Joe Swanson ©tormented OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    Peter throwing Brian and Stewie out the window (at least it didn't instantly cut to how they might've looked, which is what they would've done if this was a Season 8-13 or TBS era AD! episode)
    And while I didn't very much care for the guys' faces melting off, I feel like that scene is a good example of showing how much this show has been toning down on the violence over the last year or so as I didn't cringe at that scene like I did when a similar more graphic moment happened about a month and a half ago on American Dad!.
    Once again, the show proving to be superior to AD! nowadays in regards to how dialed back they are in terms of their violence.
    You know, I always considered Family Guy even in it's worst seasons to be better than American Dad! even long before the latter moved to TBS.
    So it's pretty unfortunate when the former ends up making an episode that feels like a recent one from the latter in terms of what little fucks were giving and how boring it was (though thankfully it didn't quite make me want to fall asleep like a modern AD! episode does) especially with how good the last season was!
    I was looking forward to next week's episode, but thanks to this one my expectations have been lowered considerably fearing that this show will continue to emulate AD! by pulling a Family Plan by giving us an episode with an interesting idea and just completely shitting all over it!
    Major step-up over last week's AD! lite episode and I'm relieved that this episode didn't end up like Family Plan where they take an interesting idea and shit all over it which is what I feared would've happened after last week.
    By the way, the version of the episode I saw online had the one utterance of "Shit" being uncensored and it still managed to not feel even the slightest bit forced as any of the AD! TBS swears.
    The AD! crew probably loved the Tarintino segment considering that it's just as pointlessly graphic as many of the episodes of that show these days
    Another 1.5/5 that I'll generously round up to a 2 because unlike the previous episode this season that I gave a 1.5, this was at least different unlike Nanny Goats which had about as much effort put into it as a TBS AD! episode (next to none).
    And the entire 3rd act just reeked of something that I'd expect from American Dad! in regards to how "We don't give a fuck!" it felt on top of the episode just randomly stopping rather than have something that'd be considered an ending.
    Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole racist remark thing ends up being forgotten about anyways the same way that Daesong Heavy Industries Part II pretty much forgot everything from the first part leaving some very glaring plotholes in it's wake.
    You know that your episode is bad when I'm very tempted to turn it off at least once the same way I wanted to turn off several episodes of American Dad! that we've gotten during it's latest season.
    Everything about it made me think that this was an episode rejected from American Dad! in regards to how neigh unwatchable it was thanks to it constantly getting worse and worse with each new scene.
    You've compared EVERY episode this season to American Dad. It's gotten very annoying, please stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

oh fuk bro it's on
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

This was fun. Really fucking stupid, but fun. Brian's plot was basically nothing aside from the scene of him getting caught jerking off to Martha's FB pics but the Peter/Putin thing got a decent number of laughs out of me (Again, it seems like FG's strongest suit these days is Peter doing nonsensical bullshit to detract from any other unpleasantness that regularly plagues the show). 3/5.
    How to remaster

Joe Swanson ©tormented OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, uh...
    This was fairly underwhelming.

I was interested in seeing what they would do with Brian, and at first it was pretty funny. The jerk-off scene was sick for sure, but got a shocked laugh out of me when she saw him. That being said however, they went too far with Brian's slimeyness this time. Most times it's been used pretty well for comedic effect, but somehow he barely felt like himself in this episode. Not only does he jerk off to his co-worker's sister's funeral pictures, but he even plants cocaine in her drawer and gets her arrested??? I couldn't root for him at all. It also ended really weirdly with him licking himself.
    More surprisingly though, the main plot was a letdown as well. Peter meeting Putin did make for some fun moments, and him getting introduced into Russian culture was pretty solid. For some reason however, it lacks that extra spark which would really make it go the extra mile. Think The Interview levels of craziness. Peter's friends also disappeared completely, and they never gave a conclusion to the kick-off with Peter wanting the original ending of Rocky IV restored. I mean, I get what they were doing since he boxed with Putin at the end, but it still left the initial motivation unresolved. It was better than the subplot since it worked not taking itself too seriously (while the subplot could have benefitted from taking itself more seriously).

It's decent overall, and the next one looks a lot better, but it's a little unfortunate to already have 2 weak episodes into the season. 6.7/10
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 11-22-2017 at 12:34 PM.

The plots were stupid, but the jokes and references were amusing. What else can I ask from Family Guy?

Good episode.

Merry Christmas!

This was a turkey! Brian is now the biggest a-hole ever. I thought he would redeem himself but from the looks of it he never will. This was when he was trying to date the woman at the office. Also, him telling the guy on the phone to kill himself and hanging up on a caller when he was talking to that woman. But what really burned me was him jerking off to her facebook account with pictures of her and her mother. Also, getting her fired by putting cocaine in her desk was final straw. I'm glad he broke his leg because he deserved it. The main plot was lame. We've seen Peter trying to gain a new best friend before and it ends bad all the time. The Polnar All Fruit ad spoof would have worked if Peter had just left it alone and not explain it. I've said this before, "If you explain the joke, there is no joke." Cut it out!!! Stuff this turkey! A 0 for me.

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

Interesting how an episode dealing with Russia doesn't have the Ukranian actress in it.

Thread Information