Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite/Least Favorite Music Genres

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

son of a BANG son of a BOOM parklife's Avatar

favourites:
    - vocal & instrumental jazz / traditional pop (ie. the great american songbook)
    - pre-1960s rock and roll, rockabilly, country
    - blues

i don't really listen to metal, hip-hop, or any electronic music.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pax View Post
    Least favourite:
    1. Bro country. Most of this garbage is about beer, lust, trucks, and embodying and glorifying the redneck stereotype. The majority of singers nowadays have no style 'cause they all sound alike and sing about the same stupid shit.
    2. Rap. "Rap God" is one particular example of a song so overplayed I want to stab my eardrums out with ice picks (this song is not the only reason I dislike it, though). Tupac is good though.
    Ah I do love me some godawful old hot takes. I don't have a least favourite anymore, and I adore both of the above genres! I love all kinds of music and I'll listen to everything as long you aren't doofishly incoherent or destroying my eardrums with your wretched guitars or stroking your ego to your out of place drum solos or whatever. Shout-out to KARIN DREIJER, YE, WEEN, and KACEY MUSGRAVES for being my absolute favourites as of now.

I'll close this rambling out by doubling down that Rap God sucks all the ass and Em's single with Ed Sheeran is literally the most baffling song I've ever heard. Retire, grandpa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot76 View Post
    don't feel threatened by a dude who gargles mayonnaise

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

Have any of you people heard of Crunkcore?

God why did I remind myself of that
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Favorites:

Heavy Metal

Most Hated:

Mainstream music

Favourites: goth/alt/black/nu metal, grunge, industrial, emo, punk, dark techno, rave, classical, psychedelic/indie rock & pop, swing
    Least favourites: anything mainstream 4-chord same melody loudness war lacking timbre (mainstream pop music), country, baby boomer/old times rock (60s 70s 80s), rap/hip-hop, most 80s music

I like a lot of genres:
    Thrash Metal
    Alternative
    Grunge
    Classic Rock
    Oldies
    Classical
    Big Band
    Blues

Least favorite:
    Disco - Disco sucks
    Techno
    Hip-hop
    Rap
    Country
    Emo
    Do you kids wanna be like the real U.N., or do you just wanna squabble and waste time?

I both love and hate progressive rock. I love its experimental nature, some classics from '70s and 80's like RUSH, Marillion and Pink Floyd still sound incredible. But at the same time, I start feeling dumb because I think I don't understand everything musicians wanted to say.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hanna hilton View Post
    i don't have favorite or least favorite genres, if anything i have phases. i'll go through phases where i listen to a ton of rock, then i'll go through phases where rock just sounds like complete shit to me and all i want to listen to is pop. i'm not too much a fan of country or metal or prog rock, but i don't have issue listening to them, unless they are just completely obnoxious, which goes back to what resort smithers said about bad music.

in any case limiting yourself to what music you listen to by what genre it is seems dumb. saying i don't like "x" because they are rap, it's stupid.
    only thing that's changed with this is I listen to a lot(a looooot) more country now. somehow I've discovered that country music makes me want to grab a couple beers and some weed and just chill, it's a rather relaxing genre of music. just this morning getting ready for work i went from listening to a Garth Brooks song to listening to a Lil Wayne song. I just like musics.
    Last edited by Two-Bit; 07-16-2019 at 07:11 AM.
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Blog Entries

also since i know someone is gonna ask, here

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam

Blog Entries

also have listened to this one song at least a few dozen times over the last week or so, sometimes I'll listen to it three or four times in a row

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hanna hilton View Post
    also since i know someone is gonna ask, here

that's a bird man song, not a lil wayne song

Blog Entries

kkk
    Last edited by cam; 07-16-2019 at 10:23 AM.

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam

Thread Information