Page 52 of 200 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 5996

Thread: US Politics (President Trump appreciation thread)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

hopefully this means we are done with the reddit brand of political discussion for a while

Blog Entries

Oh, what irony. Someone who supports the Muslim ban gets banned himself!
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gonna try and change the subject a little here, all we've been doing is argue about Trump so have some information on Hilary I found while browsing today:

Hillary Clinton: Child care now costs more than rent. Here’s how to fix this crisis.

So What Are Hillary Clinton’s Achievements?

Blog Entries

Shouts of "Shame, shame, shame," erupted in the U.S. House of Representatives on Thursday as Republican lawmakers narrowly defeated legislation to protect the civil rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees of government contractors.

The measure, an amendment to a veterans and military construction spending bill introduced by New York Democrat Sean Maloney, initially had enough "yes" votes to pass, according to the count in the House chamber.

But House Republican leaders extended the time allowed for the vote as they urged enough party members to change their positions to defeat it by a vote of 213 to 212.

All 183 Democrats who voted backed the amendment, joined by 29 Republicans. All 213 "no" votes were from Republicans. Eight House members - three Republicans and five Democrats - did not vote. Lawmakers are allowed to change their vote in the few minutes between voting and the result being declared.

Democrats chanted "Shame, shame, shame," at Republicans. "House Republicans are so committed to discriminating against LGBT Americans, that they broke regular order to force their members to reverse their votes and support Republicans' bigotry," Nancy Pelosi, the House Democratic leader, said in a statement.

Republicans who backed the provision said it was necessary to protect the religious rights of military contractors and not intended to be discriminatory.

Thursday's emotionally-charged vote came hours after the House late on Wednesday passed a $602 billion defense authorization bill that included "religious freedom" language that critics said would allow contractors to discriminate against LGBT individuals.

The House Rules committee had angered Democrats by voting along party lines late on Tuesday not to allow a vote on an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act that would have eliminated that language.

The House also backed by 265-159 a separate Democratic amendment to the spending bill that limits the display of the Confederate battle flag on flagpoles at federal veterans' cemeteries.

The measure angered some conservative Republicans from southern states, who argue that the flag is a symbol of their heritage.

Some lawmakers have been seeking to limit displays of the Confederate banner since a racially motivated murder of nine black parishioners at a church in Charleston, S.C. last year.
    From Reuters, where they have the video uploaded. (I can't figure out how to embed it from my tablet)
    🔮Marianne Williamson 2020🔮

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

oh so xaiv was actually being serious
    kept waiting for the "just kidding"
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

Blog Entries

Wrt child care, 12 weeks paid leave is a good start, but it's not nearly enough time for the majority of people, no matter how afforable the care is. The majority of child care places won't take kids that aren't toilet trained, and those that do have extremely limited spots. Women, especially in low paying jobs, are unlikely to be given flex time and child care tends to be most available only during daytime hours.

Blog Entries

Can't pretend I know the ins and outs of child care, particularly in the US, but it sounds like someone needs to start up the discussion somehow. Although obviously it'd be good to see less limited policies.

Classic Simpsons Guy Evil Monkey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Trump and Hillary are both equally evil IMO.

Blog Entries

shut up

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsAPaddlin View Post
    Wrt child care, 12 weeks paid leave is a good start, but it's not nearly enough time for the majority of people, no matter how afforable the care is. The majority of child care places won't take kids that aren't toilet trained, and those that do have extremely limited spots. Women, especially in low paying jobs, are unlikely to be given flex time and child care tends to be most available only during daytime hours.
    Yep, not even fucking close. I had to take several extra unpaid weeks (and got a lot of attitude when I asked) just to get any worthwhile time in and had to use up any/all vacation + sick days I had for the entire year to cover the FMLA alone.

If my mom wasn't unemployed and able to help watch Amy whenever, we'd be drowning right now trying to afford child care and that's not even considering the SSDI issue we are still dealing with. Some people call being a stay at home parent a luxury but it's simply just not a choice for a lot of people. One of my friends is struggling with the idea of just staying home to watch her two constantly sick kids.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Torrens

Blog Entries

Well, one of Bernie Sanders' big issues was getting in mandated maternity/paternity leave for parents, comparable to some European countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiv View Post
    i'm glad i haven't made myself look as bad as luke and bomberswarm. :') god bless the loonies that make me look better

Blog Entries

ethered

Blog Entries

#NotAllTrumpVoters

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Can't help but wonder what 'evidence' Xaiv would have to prove that Jews deserve abuse.

Blog Entries

So Xaiv's banned? Neat. Shame I missed all the fun last night.

http://imgur.com/gallery/aeIGCJv

bet I'll get banned for this but hey, just stating facts here.
    I dunno guys, could an Imgur post with over 5000 views and only 36 points really be wrong?

Seriously though. Xaiv, and I'm sure you'll see this because you're feeling smug about the fact that you got banned for being human garbage and are likely still reading the thread, you are without a doubt one of the most downright detestable fuckers to ever have posted on this forum. The only upside to you spewing this vile shit so consistently is that as you slowly but surely went more and more off the rails any notions that anyone had about you being a decent person or an okay boarder went right the fuck out the window. You are scum, the attitudes of you and others like you are a major part of what is wrong with the United States and if you think that banning Muslims from entering the country, classifying them as a violent cult and forbidding their faith from being practised is what will "Make America Great Again" then quite frankly, you're a fucking monster.
    How to remaster

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

Blog Entries

Can we take a minute to admire this lady's hat?

And her killer apron. Love her whole style. I wouldn't have worn those nice necklaces on the front end, though, too easy to get snagged on something.

Staten Island Home Depot worker wears ‘America Was Never Great’ hat, drawing outrage and death threats

People have been saying really racist things to me and that they're going to come and find me and that what I said is disgraceful and I hate America — but I don't hate America," she said.

"I know there are a lot of opportunities here," Lake added. "I just wish we would worry about making America better — not ‘great again.’”

Blog Entries

Saw that recently and I can't recall where. Agreed that it is indeed a pretty solid hat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    Seriously though. Xaiv, and I'm sure you'll see this because you're feeling smug about the fact that you got banned for being human garbage and are likely still reading the thread, you are without a doubt one of the most downright detestable fuckers to ever have posted on this forum. The only upside to you spewing this vile shit so consistently is that as you slowly but surely went more and more off the rails any notions that anyone had about you being a decent person or an okay boarder went right the fuck out the window.
    This, kind of. I actually felt really bad for him and wanted to help when he was talking about his shitty family situation and them being assholes to his girlfriend, but as time went on in this thread I just lost more and more respect and patience for him, to the point where I told him to just shut the fuck up. That's not something I just pop off with on a moment's notice.

Seriously, if Xaiv was trolling us that's one of the greatest troll jobs ever. If he wasn't... well, good riddance.

Blog Entries

he stopped by in tinychat shortly after he was banned and said that he was trolling. i dunno if that was to save face or something at this point, but i used to think he was.. even then, that's no excuse for the genuinely awful things he said

Blog Entries

Sounds like a weak attempt at saving face to me.

Blog Entries

I'm not inclined to believe Xaiv. He also later claimed all of his anti-feminism posts in the "gamers are shit" thread (and other discussions from around that time were) "trolling" out of being irritated that all the discussions on feminism on here were "repetitive". He was normal for a year and I had started to wonder if I'd confused him with someone else. Random example:

Do you honestly believe that feminism does not have "very real issues" that need to be addressed in terms of some of the more extremist views? Do you believe that the whole of feminism is fine? I'm not saying that there isn't a huge problem in the video game community, that is not what I'm saying at all. I'm just saying some people's attitudes toward this stuff is aggravating. Yes, the video game community has issues that needs to change but coming from feminists, it's like the pot calling the kettle black. I'm not saying all feminism is bad, don't take that out of what I'm saying but just as there's an extreme side of gamers propagating all of this hate, there's an extreme side to feminism as well. Both sides are equally at shame here.
    I know he thinks he's super clever for convincing people he was serious, because he can't understand that it doesn't matter whether he was serious or not. (Plus, everyone has been on him for trolling since the beginning. He's not subtle.)
    Last edited by ThatsAPaddlin; 05-21-2016 at 05:27 PM.

Blog Entries

I can see a world in which the particularly nasty Islamophobic stuff was a troll having got fed up of being called out for dumb pro-Trump views, but I don't see the point of burning every bridge like that if i'm honest. And like Paddlin says, he still has worrying views on feminism and immigration regardless.

Blog Entries

he said 'I WAS TIRED OF THIS FUCKIN FORUM AND I WANTED TO GO OUT IN A BLAZE OF GLORY'

it's like Sigh you're not really starting shit, you're just mildly annoying people and make them not want to see you post here. this is nothing exciting or fun, it's just a guy spouting offensive garbage that makes people hate him. i never understood people that want to 'go out with a bang' cuz they're bored or whatever. just fuckin leave

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Torrens View Post
    I actually felt really bad for him and wanted to help when he was talking about his shitty family situation and them being assholes to his girlfriend, but as time went on in this thread I just lost more and more respect and patience for him, to the point where I told him to just shut the fuck up. That's not something I just pop off with on a moment's notice.
    Yeah, see plenty of us were in agreement at the time he was posting about personal stuff in The Lounge that it sucked that he was having to deal with all that and people tried to offer him advice or at the very least showed some sympathy towards him, but as time went on and the Trump support/Anti-Islamic ranting grew more and more prominent in here, it's no shock that many of us just grew tired of dealing with him, and it's pretty easy to see just how far the resentment of his presence went after a while when members who are usually willing to engage are just so worn out by that garbage that the only apt. response is to bluntly tell him to fuck off and they'd get a decent chunk of thumbs up for doing so.

Even in the event that he wasn't lying about trolling with the more blatantly Islamophobic stuff, that doesn't exactly make it any better. There's more than enough assholes in the world spouting that shit with 100% seriousness so the last thing that's needed is people sharing such moronic and harmful views for shits 'n' giggles.

29. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Torrens

Blog Entries

Bad news for Clinton supporters, recent polls show Clinton has lost her lead, and is now even with Trump. Sanders is 10 points ahead.

#DropoutHilary

Blog Entries

clinton has the problem of the dnc not fully backing her, since the democratic primaries aren't technically over because bernie insists on hanging in there. after the primaries in a few weeks and especially after the convention she'll have full support from the dnc, plus obama and krew backing her, and her numbers should look better going into the debates.

this is still assuming she refrains from saying stupid shit.

Blog Entries

The Hillary SuperPACs have started their campaigns in Ohio. After the polls that 70% of women view Trump unfavorably, they've been running "Trump is bad for women" advertisements almost every night. Not really surprised about the content of the commercial itself, just kinda unusual they're starting up this early.

Blog Entries

don't vote for donald trump please

Thread Information