Page 33 of 209 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383133 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

you are so right xaiv

Gonna explode Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
    naw, we don't like people with autistic like hate for random things
    How does the word "autistic" even fit in with that? At least put some thought into your insults.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Life on the Fast Lane Homer’s Night Out 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, (Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane 30. Daddicus Finch I Want You (She’s So Heavy) 31. Thanksgiving of Horror Warrin’ Priests (Part Two)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiv View Post
    Oops, my bad. Forgot you guys don't like the truth around here.
    "The truth". If that's what you wanna call it to help you feel better about the blatant Islamophobia you're supporting, then so be it, I guess.

I know so many of us in this thread being Oliver fans and posting his videos is aggravating to you, but fear not! For you too can have something on TV to enjoy that fits with your political affiliation. This morning on "The View" they started treating Donald Trump as the voice of reason in the wake of the attacks in Brussels.
    How to remaster

Beyond the point of no return Xaiv's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Islam in the middle east is a hotbed of extremism and hate; anywhere Sharia Law is the law of the land is bad, bad news. Islam clashes with western ideals. Europe is EVIDENCE of that.

Blog Entries

This video puts into perspective what I'm trying to say. I know it's 14 minutes long but I implore you all, watch it.

https://youtu.be/pSPvnFDDQHk

Blog Entries

Islam in the middle east is a hotbed of extremism and hate; anywhere Sharia Law is the law of the land is bad, bad news. Islam clashes with western ideals. Europe is EVIDENCE of that.
    "Extremism" being the operative word there. Take into account just how many Muslims are in Europe right now who aren't committing acts of terror or even supporting it for that matter. The ideals of the West are perfectly capable of existing side by side with those of Islamic faith.

The situation in the Middle East is undoubtedly dire. I don't think anyone here is going to argue with you on that, but to act like keeping Muslims all far, far away from the areas we live in is an appropriate solution when plenty of them come to the West looking to get the Hell away from the exact same extremism that we don't approve of is just moronic.

Blog Entries

Well, considering they don't integrate into their new society (again, NOT ALL but ENOUGH) and call for Sharia Law and a caliphate in Europe... It's bad news.

And Moose, you can use that jilted argument when Christian Extremists form a radical sect and behead people and scream death to the west. Until then, sorry!

Blog Entries

Seriously, watch the video. Make the time. Until you all do, we can't have a truly open discussion about this.

Blog Entries

Well, considering they don't integrate into their new society (again, NOT ALL but ENOUGH) and call for Sharia Law and a caliphate in Europe... It's bad news.

And Moose, you can use that jilted argument when Christian Extremists form a radical sect and behead people and scream death to the west. Until then, sorry!
    since when did Europeans ever integrate into any society they moved into

also those Christians exist and are called evangelicals. seriously there are so many people in the us that think that they will be raptured at any moment and there needs to be a Christian / Musilm holy war to set the end of the world into motion.
    there really was one way to be and this is not it, we think

Blog Entries

yeah, that's true. Evangelicals are fuckin nuts.

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You don't need to resort to terrorism when you and your backwards ass faith controls government like in the southern US and can pass all sorts of harmful bullshit in the name of religious freedom.

The death of satire OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Xaiv has been cringeworthy as hell in this thread, but I also still agree with Panther. Insomnia has degraded people with autism thousands of times, and it's fucking annoying. Jesus Christ, just cut it out already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther;bt41182
    Can’t imagine having quotes turned off. I think I get a rush of dopamine whenever I get a notification.

Blog Entries

but there's not a genocide going on... no beheadings, no women getting acid thrown in their face. believe me, I'm not defending religious zealots in our government but the situations are decidedly different

Blog Entries

OSS, you are one to talk about cringeworthy!!!!

Blog Entries

I'm not afraid to admit I've been acting clueless sometimes, but at least I don't support a fascist.

Blog Entries

surely you can give me examples and proof of Trump being a fascist. go ahead. I'll wait.

Blog Entries

It's so hilarious you still are waiting for evidence when you've already been given tons of it.

To think that you once were one of my favorite members. Boy, how far you've fallen. Something must have screwed you up bigtime to make you believe a cuckoo hell-bent on bombing countries to "defeat the terrorists" will save America.

Can't believe nobody called you out on this, but the fact that you changed your avatar to Donald goddamn Trump for a while proves that you not only have a horrendously awful insight into politics, but that you also have to be an asshole about it.

Blog Entries

This video puts into perspective what I'm trying to say. I know it's 14 minutes long but I implore you all, watch it.

https://youtu.be/pSPvnFDDQHk
    For the sake of being fair I watched the video you linked.

The main thing being talked about at the core with people being quick to jump on anyone who dares speak ill of the Muslim faith, "I don't need celebrities defending me from talk show hosts", is fine and dandy, but how Muslims are portrayed in the media as it currently stands is a very delicate matter. We're all aware that the groups carrying out such atrocities like what happened today in Brussels are Muslim extremists, but what's important is that we don't allow the overwhelming amount of negative attention that groups like ISIS bring onto the religion as a whole effect how we see non-extremist Muslims who just want to live their lives away from the abhorrent conditions they're putting up with in their areas of origin. By all means, draw attention to the awful, awful ways in which people are treated in the Middle East, but you can do that without making it seem like every last individual who hails from there is some kind of boogeyman.

With every figure presented throughout that video, she was sure to state that of course not all Muslims hold the radical beliefs that were being discussed. The thing is, that just brings us right back to the point that keeping all Muslims out on the basis of the smaller amounts of extremist ones existing isn't a good way to deal with this in the slightest.

Even the way she asked if political correctness cost people their lives is misleading. It gives off the implication that not being a bigot is somehow going to be our undoing. Not reporting those people due to a fear of being labeled a racist isn't a symptom of being politically correct, it's a symptom of people who think of being PC as some sort of over the top boogeyman in its own right, when the actual core of being PC (Y'know, trying to be considerate of other people's feelings like a good person) couldn't be anything farther from that. The goal of political correctness isn't to harm or shame, but to help educate and learn so that we can get along better as a species and advance over time, and to twist something positive like that to make it seem as though it's at fault for the loss of something as precious as life itself is just fucking sickening.

Blog Entries

see the same people who yell about how you can never "criticize" muslims without people complaining are also the same people generally who cry "not all men"

just from personal experience here

Blog Entries

Whatever will I do without your approval?! Also, I think I've been fair about my opinion through all of this. I'm not going to censor or shy away from my opinions just because I'll be called an "asshole".

Blog Entries

and you shouldn't complain when people argue with you

i sure don't - my beliefs are my beliefs, and other people with different experiences may see things differently. saying that we should never be personally affected by other people's ideas and emotionlessly affirm their opinions by implicitly supporting them no matter how much they may be personally or societally harmful is disgusting

Blog Entries

I'm not going to censor or shy away from my opinions just because I'll be called an "asshole".
    We're not asking you to censor yourself, though! You're the one who's getting all defensive when we challenge you on this stuff like we're trying to erase you from the site. You're stating your opinions, we're retorting because we disagree, and this continues as a back and forth dialogue because we continue to not see eye to eye. It's not that fucking difficult to grasp how this works, is it?

Global Moderator The Goode Family's Avatar
    Blog Entries

gotta get that hamfisted freeze peach rhetoric out there somehow

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

And speaking of things endlessly going back and forth.

surely you can give me examples and proof of Trump being a fascist. go ahead. I'll wait.
    Why does this keep coming up in spite of it being addressed several times? I swear, between you and Bomberswarm it's like every single piece of evidence that has been laid out in front of you with regards Trump's fascism is just rendered invisible through some sort of mental gymnastics trick that forbids you to take in information that could tarnish your view of the guy. It's honestly one of the most baffling displays of stubbornness I've ever seen on this board.

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Going back a little while, there are people far more respected and reputable than I who see shared traits between fascism and Trump:

Robert Paxton:
    Well, it’s astonishing and depressing because he’s totally foreign to any of the skills that are wanted in a president of the United States. What we call him is another matter. There are certainly some echoes of fascism, but there are also very profound differences...Anyway, the echoes you can deal with on two levels. First of all, there are the kinds of themes Trump uses. The use of ethnic stereotypes and exploitation of fear of foreigners is directly out of a fascist’s recipe book. “Making the country great again” sounds exactly like the fascist movements. Concern about national decline, that was one of the most prominent emotional states evoked in fascist discourse, and Trump is using that full-blast, quite illegitimately, because the country isn’t in serious decline, but he’s able to persuade them that it is. That is a fascist stroke. An aggressive foreign policy to arrest the supposed decline. That’s another one. Then, there’s a second level, which is a level of style and technique. He even looks like Mussolini in the way he sticks his lower jaw out, and also the bluster, the skill at sensing the mood of the crowd, the skillful use of media.
    Fedja Buric:
    Like Mussolini, Trump rails against intruders (Mexicans) and enemies (Muslims), mocks those perceived as weak, encourages a violent reckoning with those his followers perceive as the enemy within (the roughing up of protesters at his rallies), flouts the rules of civil political discourse (the Megyn Kelly menstruation spat), and promises to restore the nation to its greatness not by a series of policies, but by the force of his own personality (“I will be great for” fill in the blank).

Like Mussolini, Trump is dismissive of democratic institutions. He selfishly guards his image of a self-made outsider who will “dismantle the establishment” in the words of one of his supporters. That this includes cracking down on a free press by toughening libel laws, engaging in the ethnic cleansing of 11 million people (“illegals”), stripping away citizenship of those seen as illegitimate members of the nation (children of the “illegals”), and committing war crimes in the protection of the nation (killing the families of suspected terrorists) only enhances his stature among his supporters. The discrepancy between their love of America and these brutal and undemocratic methods does not bother them one iota. To borrow from Paxton again: “Fascism was an affair of the gut more than of the brain.” For Trump and his supporters, the struggle against “political correctness” in all its forms is more important than the fine print of the Constitution.
    http://www.salon.com/2016/03/11/trum...nt_in_america/

In the interests of fairness however:

Robert Paxton: I think there are some powerful differences. To start with, in the area of programs, the fascists offer themselves as a remedy for aggressive individualism, which they believed was the source of the defeat of Germany in World War I, and the decline of Italy, the failure of Italy. World War I, the perceived national decline, they blamed on individualism and their solution was to subject the individual to the interests of the community. Trump, and the Republicans generally, and indeed a great swath of American society have celebrated individualism to the absolute total extreme. Trump’s idea and the Republican plan is to lift the burden of regulation from businesses.
    http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...weighs_in.html

Isabel Hull: My first reaction is that he is not principled enough to be a Fascist. He strikes me more as a nativist-populist. That is, some one from the right wing, angry about various aspects of the present, longing for a golden past, and focused primarily against his own government, but not equipped with a set of adamantine principles to be put into practice, no matter what, and no matter the cost. Perhaps a more interesting question for you would be to ask if there is a genuine conservative running amongst the Republican candidates, as opposed to what in European history would be known as "revolutionary conservatives."

Would you say his stated policy positions are fascist?
    There are only really two interesting issues: mass deportation of illegal immigrants, which [conservative Washington Post columnist] George Will recently described as "ethnic cleansing," and changing the 14th Amendment on birthright citizenship. Both of these are peculiar and worrisome as indicators of what Trump thinks is apposite for a democracy.
    https://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/we-a...-a-fascist-124

We could debate exactly how fascist Trump is from now until the election, but it's a not a good look either way according to the academics!

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: c l o n e

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

It's because Trump has ruined political discourse in American politics because his supporters are either people who don't remotely understand how politics work and just scream"because Trump says so" or it's whack internet dudes with South Park display pics being like "but all lives matter"/"but what about free speech?" Trump just basically speaks small enough to make little memes out of. Ones that might make sense if you look at them for a second but any analysis/fact checking renders them useless.

Blog Entries

Aside of the South Park slam, I completely agree with you.

Blog Entries

i'm glad i haven't made myself look as bad as luke and bomberswarm. :') god bless the loonies that make me look better
    luke and bomber were never good users, they had nowhere to fall from. you look far worse than them because I swore you were sane and empathetic and uh not a deluded scumbag not too long ago

you somehow havent lost all your goodwill with some users yet, but give it time, this bullshit yr currently spouting will surely accelerate the process

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

The funny thing is, I still was almost ready to forgive you despite what you said in this thread. Which is why I comforted you in the lounge.
    You incredibly enough have been much worse today however.
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 03-22-2016 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Edited because Xaiv said "OSS, I don't care."

Thread Information