Thread: Disney XD vs. Cartoon Network vs. Nickleodeon

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Temporary Talking Head Suomynona's Avatar

Disney XD vs. Cartoon Network vs. Nickleodeon

Exactly what it says in the title. At the moment, which channel do you think is doing best when it comes to its cartoons and programming?

Blog Entries

CN >> Disney XD >>>>> Nick

For me CN has the most stuff I watch and that's not including adult swim. Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Gumball, Regular Show,Clarence and sometimes TTG.
    Disney XD has Gravity Falls and Wonder Over Yonder which I both love and then Star vs and Randy Cunningham are OK I guess.
    Nick has Harvey Beaks and that's it. And no Korra doesn't count since it has ended.

CN is the clear winner due to its sheer number of running shows.

Funk Dancing For Self Defence Dimoxinil's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cartoon Network
    "No one who speaks German could be an evil man"

How To Cook Humans
    How To Cook For Humans
    How To Cook Forty Humans
    How To Cook For Forty Humans

BrokenBox

Cartoon Network > Disney XD > Nick

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Sadly, Disney XD. Nickelodeon's scheduling is still shit after all these years of lacking variety. Cartoon Network went downhill with their scheduling due to the abundance amount of Teen Titans Go (and to a lesser xtent, Gumball). I don't even has XD but at least they got some variety with cartoons, unless Disney Channel.
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

that guy you forgot existed Judge Fudge's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cartoon Network by far. And Gumball is great IMO.

Hang in there! BloodySimpsonChibi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Disney XD wins in my book. Star vs. The Forces Of Evil and Gravity Falls are just awesome shows.

Cartoon Network is second even though it's past it's prime.

And Nick is just meh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    I'd imagine patting Lisa on the head would sting, damn kids with their spiky heads.

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Elf Girl

Blog Entries

Cartoon Network wins vs Nick because it actually wants a lot of animated shows in its lineup, plus it has Gumball.

the protagonist of reality Two Guys, a Girl, and a kat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

cartoon network still replays ed edd and eddy everything else is irrelevant

Blog Entries

They do?

Blog Entries

Not exactly sure of the best, but Cartoon Network has Sonic Boom, and no Nick or Disney XD show can reach it's level of crappiness, so it's the worst.
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

BrokenBox

boy you just hate that show don't you?

Blog Entries

Sonic Boom killed his dog.

Cartoon Net is the winner.

Cartoon Network has Gumball, Regular Show, and Steven Universe.
    Favorite by season
    1.Krusty Gets Busted 2. Bart Gets An F 3. Lisa's Pony 4. Duffless/Last Exit to Springfiled 5. Homer's Barbershop Quartet 6. And Maggie Makes Three 7. The Curse Of The Flying Hellfish 8.Hurricane Neddy 9 Das Bus 10. Wild Barts Can't Be Broken 11. Saddlesore Galactica 12. HOMR 13. Weekend at Burnsie's. 14. How I Spent My Strummer Vacation. 15. The President Wore Pearls.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cartoon Network, though tbf I haven't watched Nick or Disney XD in years.

CN just has the most shows right now that still interest me (Adventure Time, Regular Show, Steven Universe). Gravity Falls is pretty much the only major show I watch from Disney, though from what I've seen, Wonder and Star Vs. are good too. Not sure what there schedule is compared to normal Disney, but I'll put it second for those shows. Nick I haven't payed attention to at ALL these last 2 years. The scheduling still looks like just shit tons of Spongebob and Dan Schneider shows (and to a lesser extent, FOP reruns), and the fews shows that actually do look good (Harvey Beaks, TMNT) just don't interest me enough to watch regularly.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brokenbox View Post
    boy you just hate that show don't you?
    It's one of the worst shows ever.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bubsy3dfangirl View Post
    cartoon network still replays ed edd and eddy everything else is irrelevant
    They don't in the UK
    Cartoon Network currently has many great shows (Stephen Universe, Regular Show, Adventure Time, The Amazing World of Gumball and probably more that I'm forgetting)
    Only Disney XD show that I like is Gravity Falls
    Nickelodeon used to be good, but they don't currently have any cartoons that I like.

Either CN or Disney. And I say simply "Disney" because I can never keep track of which shows are Disney Channel originals and which are Disney XD originals (and here in Sweden at least, it doesnt even matter because both channels end up airing many of the same shows anyway).

CN has a higher amount of interesting shows, such as Adventure Time, Sonic Boom (come at me you Egg Council bastard!) and Gumball. But Disney has Gravity Falls, which I adore more than any CN show. As for Nick, the only current show I find interesting is TMNT.

Historically though, I'd say that CN has been BY FAR the best animation channel. Most of the Cartoon Cartoons from the 90's were great, with Powerpuff Girls being a good contender for best animated childrens comedy of all time. I was never really equally into the Nicktoons, except a few such as Rockos Modern Life and Ren and Stimpy. And of course eventually, during the 2000's, Nicks shows lost their original flavor in order to instead try to copy CN's shows, with varying degress of success. I mean think about a show like Fairy Odd Parents. Its animation style and content are of the kind that you, back in the 90's, would have found in a CN show, certainly not in a Nick show. So basically, even though I always prefered the CN style, I still find it kinda sad that Nick just abandoned its own style in favor of its competitors.

As for the Disney Channels, they've for some reason always been more keen on copying other animation companies styles insetad of doing anything in the companys own classic Disney style. Back in the 80's and 90's the animated shows from Disney, such as Gummi Bears and Drakwing Duck, did look like genuine Disney producs. But of course those shows were made to be aired on other Channels. And, like I said, by the time they booted up the Disney Channel and it's sister-Channels, they apparently decided that "Nah, the classic look just isn't in anymore" and instead, much like Nick, tried to be CN. And I'd say that most Disney Channel/XD animated grogramming have been, not bad, but usually not anything above-average either. Some of the few truly great shows I can think of are Phineas and Ferd and, of course, Gravity Falls.

So when looking at the different channels entire histories, I'd say it goes:

1 CN
    2 Nick
    2 Disney

Thread Information