Thread: Top and Bottom Ten Cartoon Episodes

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

NO MORE SAGGY DIAPER PAINS!!!
    Blog Entries

Top and Bottom Ten Cartoon Episodes

What would you guys say are your top ten and bottom ten episodes that you've seen from all animated series as a whole?

Blog Entries

I don't quite understand the question. Do you want us to do Top/Bottom 10s for multiple shows, or do you want us to pick out a mix of episodes for just two lists?
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

I like all these topic starters who are so enthusiastic about their thread they forget to participate themselves

My top 10 would be boring because it would be litterally all Simpsons episodes (from seasons 2-8).

I'll try to do a bottom 2 though (10 would be a bit to much work)

2 The episode of My Little Pony: Newborn Cuties where Baby Pinkie Pie has a tea-party. The only episode from this particular MLP cartoon that I've seen, and it was awful. Nothing happened except, well, they were having a tea-party. The animation was some of the worst I've ever seen in anything ever. I will say this though: Im jealous of the guys that made it, because what they did was essentially getting paid for nothing.

1 The first episode of Brinkleberry (I think that's what the show is called anyway. You know, that Family Guy ripoff with the talking bear). It's the only episode of the show I've ever seen, as I after watching it I decided to never ever watch another episode again. My God, it felt like a Family Guy episode written by a 14 year old. Just plain embarassing.

NO MORE SAGGY DIAPER PAINS!!!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    I don't quite understand the question. Do you want us to do Top/Bottom 10s for multiple shows, or do you want us to pick out a mix of episodes for just two lists?
    Mix for two lists.

DICK MOVE! Comicshow MolemanBob's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Best

01. Futurama - Parasites Lost
    02. The Simpsons - Mother Simpson
    03. Futurama - The Late Phillip J. Fry
    04. Venture Bros. - All This and Gargantua-2
    05. Bob's Burgers - Bob Day Afternoon
    06. Rick and Morty - Lawnmower Dog
    07. The Simpsons - You Only Move Twice
    08. Gravity Falls - Not What He Seems
    09. Archer - Stage Two
    10. Regular Show - Over the Top

Okay, Im gonna do a top 10 without Simpsons episodes being allowed. Oh and Im also mostly gonna leave out anime (with perhapes a few exceptions), mostly because from my experience, its often almost impossible to mentally separate one episode from the other due to the multi-episode story arc structure that a lot of them have. Im gonna give a short summary/review to each episode as well. Due to this, Im gonna do just the first five now and the other five later. I mean Im not some kind of living typing-machine god dammit.

1 Family Guy - Blue Harvest: This full-lenght Star Wars: Episode IV parody is the very definition of entertainment. The jokes are spot-on. Also, amazingly enough, due to the story sticking so close to that of the original movie, it actually manages to re-capture a fair bit of the original movies sense of adventure. Just great, great stuff. The other two full-lenght Star Wars parody episodes weren't quite as good, probably as the best source-material based jokes had already been done in the first episode.

2 Family Guy - The Simpsons Guy: Yes, that's right. I dont care what anyone else says, I LOVED it. As a huge fan of both shows, this crossover was a dream come true, and it delivered all the laughs and meta-humor that I had hoped for. Oh and it just might be the first genunliy hilarious thing that the Simpsons characters has starred in since Behind the Laughter back in 2000.

3 Family Guy - Petergeist: Dont worry, there is eventually going to be other stuff than Family Guy on this list. It's just that when that show is at it's best, it's really really fantastic entertainment. This one more or less yet another full-lenght movie parody, with Poltergeist being the movie in question. I dont know why, but this particular episode is just filled with an unusually high amount of grade-A jokes. It's sort of like what Cape Feare is to The Simpsons in that regard.

4 Batman The animated Series - Love is a Croc: Out of all the great episodes of Batman: TAS, it might seem hard to justify thinking that this one, about the villains Baby Doll and Killer Croc forming a criminal duo, and the former apparently falling in love with the latter, is the best. But for me personally, there is just something so both tragic, emotional, and stangely romantic about it that I just cant help but really love it.

5 The Real Ghostbusters - Night Game: This episode of the classic 80's cartoon based on the even more classic 80's movie just might be the finest half-hour of animated entertainment produced in the US during that decade (although perhapes a few Charlie Brown specials and that one full-lenght Simpsons episode that aired in the 80's could give it a run for it's money). Believe it or not, but even though the basic premise of the episode is something as seemingly lighthearted as that the Ghostbusters are forced into a baseball match against some ghosts, it actually ends up being a commentary on the nature of good and evil. No really. And at the same time it's also a lot of fun.

Blog Entries

My top 10 is pretty much all Simpson episodes, and my bottom 10 should be a mixture of Brickleberry and FG episodes. I'll do my top 10 Simpson list and then for different shows:

1. Marge vs. The Monorail
    2. Cape Feare
    3. Who Shot Mr Burns? Part One
    4. Last Exit to Springfield
    5. Homer Badman
    6. You Only Move Twice
    7. Last Temptation of Homer
    8. Colonel Homer
    9. Mother Simpson
    10. Summer of 4 Ft. 2

Top 10 from other shows:

1. Make Love, Not WarCraft (South Park)
    2. Scott Tenorman Must Die (South Park)
    3. The Late Philip J. Fry (Futurama)
    4. The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings (Futurama)
    5. The Sting (Futurama)
    6. The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers (South Park)
    7. Jurassic Bark (Futurama)
    8. The Luck of the Fryrish (Futurama)
    9. ManBearPig (South Park)
    10. Good Timer With Weapons (South Park)

Yeah I actually didn't expect it would all come from Futurama and South Park, but I almost placed some early FG episodes who just barely didn't made it over the others.
    Last edited by Kaine; 07-09-2015 at 12:52 PM.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Blog Entries

bye @Kaine

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    1. Make Love, Not WarCraft (South Park)
    2. Scott Tenorman Must Die (South Park)
    3. The Late Philip J. Fry (Futurama)
    4. Jurrasic Bark (Futurama)
    5. The Sting (Futurama)
    6. The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers (South Park)
    7. Jurassic Bark (Futurama)
    8. The Luck of the Fryrish (Futurama)
    9. ManBearPig (South Park)
    10. Good Timer With Weapons (South Park)
    You must really like that episode.

Blog Entries

My bad, I already thought I made a mistake somewhere. The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings is the one I wanted on 4th

Thread Information