Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kung Fu Panda 3

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ryonian death worm View Post
    hold up... so po will be not only gaining a story about finding his father, but also a love interest as well? a little complicated there, feels as if DWA wanted to do the latter maybe in a fourth film (Katzenberg said prior to KFP2 underperforming that the studio had five planned out) but now that this is definitely it, I guess it'll be here! kind of dismaying because the furious five barely got any screentime in the second along with dustin hoffman's character. (yea it's been awhile since I've watched the movies)
    Wait, so KFP2 underperformed (a very well recieved movie and even an Oscar nominee) and that's why there will only be three movies instead of six? What a bummer! I too hoped they would give more attention to the Furious Five (not to mention some of the other side characters) and not only that, but also further explore the world they had created.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorghost View Post
    Folks can apologize all they want, trying to smooth over that Jan release.. but off peak openings almost always expose their obvious flaws once viewed.. then the odd release date doesnt remain a mystery after that.. I hope I'm wrong.. but this kinda thing rarely has exceptions.
    I'm sure it'll make the most money for any movie released in "January" [sic] .. but this is (was) a popular franchise... i expected a little more from this
    they were just fucked over by disney. first they were in march, then zootopia arrived. then it moved to christmas, and chipmunks and star wars arrived. I'm pretty sure there used to be an animated movie slotted in, but they could've easily gone for that proven release date.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Bizarre release date strategies are also born from the fact that the studio exes have actually SEEN this mess of a movie long before we do, and can pretty much predict viewer reaction. .. If this movie was Hot stuff, the Star Wars/Superman dodges wouldnt matter... but they gotta say something else to save face and salvage as much opening week income to recoup their losses.

Trailer #2

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Looking good. Enjoyed the humor and the action. The villain seems a little goofier (or more down-to-earth) than the prior two, so I'm hoping he still makes an impression.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceBun View Post
    The villain seems a little goofier (or more down-to-earth) than the prior two, so I'm hoping he still makes an impression.
    all in the seth rogen

...this definitely seems like a jokefest compared to the first two, although that could just be the marketing. bryan cranston is still just a huge get for the role of Po's dad, but holy crap does this take a giant dump on what happens by the end of KFP 2. "yeah, not-dad, even tho I appreciate that you raised me, I'm gonna go off and get to know my real dad byeeeeeee"

and that makes me think there could be some dumb twist where cranston isn't po's father I dunno, these are all complaints that lead to the same answer, "wait til you see the movie first". what I will say is that so far, this looks like it could be the weakest one.

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    all in the seth rogen
    I thought J.K. Simmons voiced the bad guy...? Isn't Seth Rogen just the mantis character?

I hope they handle the relationship between Po's adopted dad and Po well. From the trailer, it looks like he's not too thrilled about the situation, so it could make for a good subplot.

Blog Entries

huh. well I'll be.

that sounded like rogen, I swear. (props to JK) and I totally forgot he plays the mantis, but really, the furious five basically all have like, two lines in each movie aside from tigress.

Blog Entries

a frickin flo rida song in a movie trailer for a 2016 movie Okay

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

R&R REVIEW THIS SICK PUN:

"Refuses to panda to the lowest common denominator."

Blog Entries

this one is nice:

"He's just a Po boy, from a Po family, who must spare him his life from that monstrosity." - nerdist

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Blog Entries

not a pun but I did like: "The best thing Kate Hudson has done in 16 years."

So the movie has been out in the US for little over a week now and it's getting a lot of good reception & is doing really well at the box office (so it probably was a good idea to release it in January); has anyone of you seen it yet and care to give some spoiler-free opinions?

If you liked the first two you'll enjoy this one. Saw it last night and it was fine. Also I saw a preview for a Ratchet and Clank movie. Is that franchise still popular?

Blog Entries

I thought the movie was great. Loved Kai's theme being based on the riff from "I'm so sorry" by Imagine Dragons, and the fight sequences were brilliantly animated. Voice acting was good, and Po finding his dad worked much better than I thought it would.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky Voiced Teen View Post
    If you liked the first two you'll enjoy this one. Saw it last night and it was fine. Also I saw a preview for a Ratchet and Clank movie. Is that franchise still popular?
    microsofts working on a big reboot/push bc they want to i guess? its odd. theres a new game coming out too
    there really was one way to be and this is not it, we think

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Take it to the DEADPOOL thread, ya dingus.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Thread Information