Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 27 Information Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

"Modern Simpsons" defender simpsonsbart's Avatar

Thanks...
    "You're perfect! In fact, you're better than perfect! Next to you, perfection is crap!"

It was said in a 1997 episode. But if it were said in a recent episode (from the mid 2000s to for now), I'd take it as irony.

I don't believe in modern Simpsons nor golden era: I'm an atheist

Don't fear the roofer!

I'm a post-20th century Simpsons episodes defender.

The ones who say "Zombie Simpsons" make me laugh.

I'm a girl but I say #NotMyDoctor anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BloodySimpsonChibi View Post
    There's a shitload of Lisa episodes coming up!
    And may God have mercy on us all.
    How to remaster

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    No one posted anything about Alex Rocco's passing?

I'm trying to remember when was the last time we got to see Roger Myers Jr.
    His last speaking appearance was "The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show", which was only the third time Rocco played the part (the others being "Violence" and "...& Marge"). There was originally a subplot focused on Myers in "Dangers on a Train" but that got changed in rewrites - originally the train Homer got was from the closing-down Itchy & Scratchy Land and the subplot would presumably have fed into that.
    Season 30 Ratings
    Bart's Not Dead C- Heartbreak Hotel ​D My Way or the Highway to Heaven ​D- Treehouse of Horror XXIX ​C- Baby You Can't Drive My Car ​B+ From Russia Without Love ​B- Werking Mom ​C Krusty the Clown ​B Daddicus Finch B+ 'Tis the 30th Season ​D+ Mad About the Toy ​C+ The Girl on the Bus ​C I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can ​C- The Clown Stays in the Picture ​C- 101 Mitigations C+ I Want You (She's So Heavy) ​C E My Sports ​B-

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    @mariogoso @JustinKnight159 @TheSimpsons very excited to say Jeff (Streetcar) Martin!

Al Jean (@AlJean) julio 19, 2015
    This is happening and I couldn't be happier
    Jeff Martin's last writing credit was in 1993 and he is now writing an episode that will be broadcast in 2016 - is this a record for gaps between credits on any television show?

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

Banned
    Blog Entries

that does not even qualify as a pun

Blog Entries

@JAY LENO level pun

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Man, I thought Teenage Mutant Leela Hurdles sounded awkward. That's something I'd see for an episode of a late 00's flash kid's show. Blech.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

About the Lisa titles... Maybe one or some of them won't be Lisa-centric.

Let me explain:

- Maybe Bart does have a role during Bart carny, but this episode isn't Bart-centric
    - Maybe Bart does have a role during Wild Barts can't be broken, but this episode isn't Bart-centric
    - Maybe Marge does have a role during Sweet and sour Marge, but this episode isn't Marge-centric
    - Maybe Lisa does have a role during Blame it on Lisa, but this episode isn't Lisa-centric
    - Maybe Bart does have a role during Bart-mangled banner, but this episode isn't Bart-centric
    - Maybe Marge does have a role during Mommie beerest, but this episode isn't Marge-centric
    - Maybe Homer does have a role during the Season 18 premiere, but this episode isn't Homer-centric
    - Maybe Moe does have a role during Season 23's 12th episode, but this episode isn't Moe-centric

So keep calm about the Lisa titles, please...

We're out of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Jeff Martin's last writing credit was in 1993 and he is now writing an episode that will be broadcast in 2016 - is this a record for gaps between credits on any television show?
    Technically, Jeff Martin still worked on the show after season 4. He was the author of the Ballad of Jebediah Springfield, used in season 7's Lisa the Iconoclast.

You could call it a record, nonetheless. Even Gammill and Pross, who've worked on the staff since season 10, only took 15 years to actually write an episode.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Is there any talk about Principal Skinner's hair turning gray? It has happened on The Simpsons Tapped Out, which usually plays close to the TV series (the main exception being that Mrs. Krabappel is still alive), so I am wondering if the writers have decided to age Skinner in order to keep with his "served in Vietnam" backstory. Then again, even if he was 20 when Saigon (er, Ho Chi Minh City) fell in 1975, that makes him "only" 60 now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    You could call it a record, nonetheless. Even Gammill and Pross, who've worked on the staff since season 10, only took 15 years to actually write an episode.
    The runner-up behind Jeff Martin would be David Mirkin, who wrote Deep Space Homer in 1995 and The Man Who Came to Be Dinner in 2015. Martin beats this by two years.

Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    Is there any talk about Principal Skinner's hair turning gray?
    Skinner seems to have always had gray hair. What threw me off personally were the more subtle colors back then that made his hair seem black sometimes, as opposed to the brighter colors in the HD era that use pretty much the exact same gray for Skinner's hair in every single scene.

I've always thought that he's one of the only characters to age: during Grade school confidential, it's revealed he's 44 (making him being born during the year 1953, since this episode aired during the year 1997). 5 Seasons later, it's still revealed he's born during the year 1953. Given that he still says he made the Vietnam war, he does age.

You'll probably laugh, but... For some reason, I wanted a Season 27 episode whose title contains 4 words and begins by "Teenage mutant"... About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...
    Last edited by simpsonsbart; 07-23-2015 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About the Lisa titles... Maybe one or some of them won't be Lisa-centric.

Let me explain:

- Maybe Bart does have a role during Bart carny, but this episode isn't Bart-centric
    - Maybe Marge does have a role during Sweet and sour Marge, but this episode isn't Marge-centric
    - Maybe Lisa does have a role during Blame it on Lisa, but this episode isn't Lisa-centric
    - Maybe Bart does have a role during Bart-mangled banner, but this episode isn't Bart-centric
    - Maybe Homer does have a role during the Season 18 premiere, but this episode isn't Homer-centric

So keep calm about the Lisa titles, please...
    No but most of those titles are the result of the person in the title causing the episode plot in the first place (and Sweet and Sour Marge is pretty Marge Centric)

NO MORE SAGGY DIAPER PAINS!!!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ComicBookGal View Post
    No but most of those titles are the result of the person in the title causing the episode plot in the first place (and Sweet and Sour Marge is pretty Marge Centric)
    True, but they won't necessarily focus on Lisa. Lisa will most likely at least kickoff the plots, but will they focus on her?

Blog Entries

About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...
    I needed a new sig. Thanks.
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

Quote Originally Posted by Jockey Elf Putting Society View Post
    True, but they won't necessarily focus on Lisa. Lisa will most likely at least kickoff the plots, but will they focus on her?
    You know, a better example would be Little Big Girl, that was supposed to be a Lisa episode but in actuality it was a Bart episode

Pretty sure it refers to both.

^eh no it didn't actually. what started off as a lisa episode ended up becoming a bart episode.

Sweet and Sour Marge started off as a Homer episode, and by the second act it became the marge episode in the title because well homer's plot was resolved quickly even though he didn't get the record he wanted

Yeah but it's different in this case because Lisa's plot was still scattered through the episode.

Joel H. Cohen pens Teenage Mutant Milk-fed Hurdles, his 24th ep: https://mobile.twitter.com/AlJean/st...07818377629696

Blog Entries

TEENAGE MUTANT MILK-FED HURDLES

6th best thing to do to gel. Smear-Gel's Avatar

The milk-fed hurdles sounds like another Maggie breastfeeding episode
    Season 27 Ratings: Every Man's Dream - 5/10 | Cue Detective - 9/10 | Puffless - 7/10 | Halloween of Horror - 10/10 | Treehouse of Horror XXV - 7/10 | Friend with Benefit - 7/10 | Lisa with an S - needs rewatch | Barthood - 10/10 will watch again | The Girl Code - 9/10 | Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles - 7/10 | Much Apu About Something - 8/10 | Love Is in the Air: needs rewatch | Gal of Constant Sorrow: 8/10 | Lisa the Veterenarian: 7/10 | The Marge-ian Chronicles - 9/10 | The Burns Cage - 8/10 all credibility lost | How Lisa Got Her Marge Back - 6/10 | Fland Canyon - 8/10 | To Courier with Love - 9/10 | Simprovised - 7/10 | Orange Is the New Yellow - 8/10

Bob's Burgers Season Rankings: 3>6>5=4=2>1
    Fairly Oddparents Season Rankings: 4>3>6>8>2=10 (so far)>1>0>7>5>9

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A story about Marge being lactose intolerant teen?
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

I tried watching a new episode the Simpsons, but I realized the show hit a new low, like a brand new, underground parking structure of sadness.

What I meant was that we can talk about "milk" about Gil's situation during Kill Gil, volumes 1 and 2...

Blog Entries

Refresh my memory about that episode, because I barely remember it... Did Marge breastfeed Gil because she couldn't say 'no'?

"Milk" doesn't only mean "whiteish liquid"...

Blog Entries

And "whiteish liquid" doesn't only mean "Milk"...

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Honestly with the amount of simpsonsbart posts in here it might be faster to just rename this thread the Too Hot thread.

Thread Information