Thread: R&R American Dad! "Holy Shit, Jeff's Back!"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

R&R American Dad! "Holy Shit, Jeff's Back!"

Jeff returns from space... or does he?

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

Good episode, one of the better ones of the season. My only gripe with it is it feels really off that they had to get there memories erased at the end, that just doesn't make sense for this show. They've been in space and interacted with aliens before so I find this weird. Also I know Stan was never thrilled with Jeff but I didn't quite like how he constantly wanted him to actually be dead as I thought they had gotten past that before. Overall it was still a good episode and it's cool to have Jeff back now.

4/5

Hard to believe it's been a full year to this day since we last saw Jeff, but I gotta say, it's good to have him back with the Smiths, albeit not as his normal self anymore. The new Minion-esque alien species were cool, and I thought the sacrifice Alien Jeff made for Hayley was pretty damn sweet. I may not have cared for the whole "Men In Black" memory erase twist at the end, and the fact that they left Ghost Sinbad on the spaceship didn't sit that well with me, but for the most part, it was a satisfying-enough conclusion to the "Jeff in space" saga. Here's hoping the next two episodes close the season out on a high note!

3.5/5

Blog Entries

not a big fan of how the jeff from the past seasons is fucking dead. some decent gags but overall nothing spectacular.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty weak compared to the grand scales of the last 2 Jeff episodes, but a decent conclusion I guess. I'm glad Jeff is finally home now, but I really hoped for something that matched the serious tones of Lost In Space and Longest Distance Relationship, instead of the more average feeling here.

Anyway, had a few good laughs and I liked the new minion aliens. Wish we got a little more Sinbad here, or at least a proper conclusion to his story.

3/5.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Well hes not really dead anymore. Hes got "revived". Hes just not entirely human anymore but its the same guy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tormented View Post
    not a big fan of how the jeff from the past seasons is fucking dead.
    they pretty much revived him in the most turnaround way possible. the most disappointing is the basic dispensing of sinbad's ghost and how they just throw him away.

pretty good for a TBS american dad, and at the very least in the end the episode lived up to its title. it is kind of a letdown after two years since "lost in space" that the jeff/sinbad adventures only last one episode at best, and then we just get this weird conclusion ep. roger was pretty great in this tho

4/5
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

I thought it was alright, both plots with the Collector/Stan and Hayley/Roger were enjoyable for most of the part. But for an American Dad episode it felt low on jokes, and I wasn't really satisfied with how they brought Jeff back. I liked Rogers awkward moment that he hopes Jeff doesn't remember that he brought him into space in the first place, and the way they transport stuff with their Blorf. I kinda liked the Collectors ship design aswell, especially from the outide. But from the inside it looks a lot like the Visitor ship from South Park. While Jeff is far from my favorite character, I don't think i mind him being back now.

3.5/5
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Banned

Rushed and all over the map
    jeff is dead
    sending him to space was the blunder of the century
    0/10

I haven't watched most of the TBS season, so this was an exception as I was curious as to how they'd fuck us over this time. It was meh. I kinda saw the whole Jeff being dead, but being able to be rebirthed and never reference the Jeff in Space saga ever again after this one, coming. Too obvious, and cliche. Simpsons did it. Twice I think. The most recent I can think of was Fat Tony dying, Fit Tony then working his way into the scene to become just like Fat Tony, and they'll never bring it up again that the real Fat Tony is dead.

3/5

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Milhouse once mentioned a city very close to mine.
    Blog Entries

This felt less like an episode of American Dad and more of Rick and Morty: the show feels more like a heavy exploration of sci-fi tropes interjected with humor throughout. I'm not the biggest fan of AD, but this feels like the furthest they've gone from a the sitcom set-up they established. That's fine, and I kind of like what they did here, but I'll look forward to a return to form.
    Always happy to meet new fans of The Simpsons. I'm especially interested in the dubs of the show, the German dub in particular.
    Incidentally, there's someone on Boards and Rec also named Lance Uppcercut. That's not me.... that is to say, that is not the same person.
    Wii U / 3DS ID: KleinerUndGemein
    PS3 ID: KleinerUndGemein
    Steam ID: SneakTheSnake
    GameFAQs profile: SneakTheSnake

Blog Entries

The Men in Black thing at the end seems to have potential for a future episode where Jeff finds out he has some sort of alien power and the rest of the family don't know why. Anyway, best of the TBS run so far. 4/5.
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

A decent enough conclusion, I suppose. It was better than the last weirdly dark episode of this Jeff saga, but also somewhat underwhelming. I definitely agree that the memory-erase thing was a weird way to set things straight, but I guess that was the best reason they could come up with for Jeff not to know about Roger being an alien...? Won't Roger have a problem with not being able to walk around naked again?

I liked the futuristic fax machine (fun concept) and the Collectors' and their ship as well as the Jeff look-alike alien (Zebleer?) actually having some good development. Roger was a funny character in this one, particularly his hasty, self-aware explanation at the end: "Can we just wait and see!? Huh!?"

3 or 3.5/5 I suppose. Kinda wanted to see more Jeff adventures in space after how good Lost in Space was, but maybe they'll reference the whole alien body thing again at some point.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

6th best thing to do to gel. Smear-Gel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lance.Uppercut View Post
    This felt less like an episode of American Dad and more of Rick and Morty: the show feels more like a heavy exploration of sci-fi tropes interjected with humor throughout. I'm not the biggest fan of AD, but this feels like the furthest they've gone from a the sitcom set-up they established. That's fine, and I kind of like what they did here, but I'll look forward to a return to form.
    The show actually regularly runs away from sitcom plots since pretty early

The season 5 christmas special comes to mind
    Season 27 Ratings: Every Man's Dream - 5/10 | Cue Detective - 9/10 | Puffless - 7/10 | Halloween of Horror - 10/10 | Treehouse of Horror XXV - 7/10 | Friend with Benefit - 7/10 | Lisa with an S - needs rewatch | Barthood - 10/10 will watch again | The Girl Code - 9/10 | Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles - 7/10 | Much Apu About Something - 8/10 | Love Is in the Air: needs rewatch | Gal of Constant Sorrow: 8/10 | Lisa the Veterenarian: 7/10 | The Marge-ian Chronicles - 9/10 | The Burns Cage - 8/10 all credibility lost | How Lisa Got Her Marge Back - 6/10 | Fland Canyon - 8/10 | To Courier with Love - 9/10 | Simprovised - 7/10 | Orange Is the New Yellow - 8/10

Bob's Burgers Season Rankings: 3>6>5=4=2>1
    Fairly Oddparents Season Rankings: 4>3>6>8>2=10 (so far)>1>0>7>5>9

6th best thing to do to gel. Smear-Gel's Avatar

How do I change my vote? It wasnt as perfect as I thought.

People are right in that the memory wipe was pretty lame, and they rushed through Jeff's previous adventures. And it wasnt as good as any previous Jeff episode in this arc

Blog Entries

I like that the hamster sub-plot didn't detract at all from the main story and pretty much just served as a way of showing that living things could go through that space fax thing prior to Hayley and Roger going into it. Gave us some fun Klaus bits in addition to an admittedly interesting, if not underwhelming conclusion to the Jeff in space arc. Also really dug the cold open and the closing scene. 4/5

Quote Originally Posted by friz View Post
    The Men in Black thing at the end seems to have potential for a future episode where Jeff finds out he has some sort of alien power and the rest of the family don't know why. Anyway, best of the TBS run so far. 4/5.
    Agreed, I feel like it's something that would be really cool to come back to at some point in the near future. In fact, Roger's exasperated response of "Can we wait and see?" when Hayley points out the possibility of Jeff finding out he's an alien almost feels like the writers saying "Yeah, look, we'll get to that, but not right now".
    How to remaster

Banned

Best of the TBS season and enjoyable for the most part.

4/5, 7/10, B-

Wow, she is one of the most beautiful girls I have seen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmxdAu6RQtM

Better than the previous episode in this saga, but not by much. I always considered the wrap-up at the end to be a "Fuck you!" that pretty much rendered every episode having to do with Jeff being in space either directly or indirectly pointless. Shame too, since that meant the best episode of Season 8 (Lost in Space) could no longer exist. They also should've just let things die here instead of randomly bringing back Jeff being an alien nearly two years later (and after several instances where it felt like the whole thing was indeed retconned) for another "Fuck you!" in the form of Roger's Baby.

0/5
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: 1.5/5 Shanksgiving: .5/5 Christmas is Coming: 2/5 Connie's Celica: 0/5 Short Cuts: 2/5 Undergrounded: 1.5/5 Rich Old Stewie: 3.5/5 The Movement: .5/5 Baby Stewie: 0/5 Start Me Up: 1/5 Coma Guy: 1/5 Better Off Meg: .5/5 Holy Bibble: 0/5 Movin' In (Principal Shepherd's Song): 0/5
    American Dad! Season 16 Ratings - 100 Years a Solid Fool: 0/5 A Starboy is Born: 1/5 Tapped Out: 0/5 Brave N00b World: 0/5 Into the Woods: 0/5 One Fish, Two Fish: 1.5/5 Exquisite Corpses: 2/5 Trophy Wife, Trophy Life: 1.5/5 Game Night: 2/5 American Data?: 0/5 Salute Your Sllort: 0/5 Ghost Dad: .5/5 Men II Boyz: TBD First, Do No Farm: TBD Roger Needs Dick: 0/5

Thread Information