5 26.32%
  • 1/5 Roller Boogie

1 5.26%

Thread: Rate and Review American Dad: "LGBSteve"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate and Review American Dad: "LGBSteve"

Original Airdate: February 23rd, 2015. Hayley is dying to be on a roller derby team, but they will only let her play if her "sister" Steve gets to play. Meanwhile, a magical carpenter visits Stan and Francine, and Roger runs the roller rink. Rate and Review after it airs.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

started off kinda forgettable, but it definitely got better as it went on. though i am a bit sick of how every steve episode is about his libido. steve's a chick or something? and there's a song... said song isn't awful but it just feels kinda there. oh, and the child actor voiced that kid trying to win the skill crane was terrible. like some of the worst voice acting i've ever heard on this show! according to the credits it was tatum hentemann (daughter of bordertown creator MARK HENTEMANN) so it doesn't shock me that she BLEW!

garden subplot was like whatever who cares stuff. it reminded me of mitch the jesus pizza guy from that one episode. jeremy sisto was credited in both this and that so i'm guessing that was intentional

i guess it was funny enough even it was kinda weird and the plots were a bit clunky.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

Pretty decent episde that got better as it went on, except for that shit B plot with the magic gardener who I'm pretty sure was supposed to be that Jesus pizza guy from a previous episode. anyways the B plot was completely laughess and boring. Everything else was good enough but Roger felt a bit forced into there until the scene where he helps Steve, but he wasnt bad before then but I'm pretty sure he was just there to fill the wacky Roger quota for the week.

3/5

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
    except for that shit B plot with the magic gardener who I'm pretty sure was supposed to be that Jesus pizza guy from a previous episode.
    Yeah it was obviously meant to be him. They had the same voice actor.

Anyway thought this one was hilarious but the Steve-is-a-transgender-lesbian stuff kinda lost me. 4/5

Blog Entries

this one picked up in humor a lot in the second act. firt act was kinda just nothing but then it really picked up. song was really short and kinda meaningless but it was cool i guess. lol'd at hayley's faceplant. 3.5/5 sounds about right. subplot was useless though. still not enough for me to believe the show should've came back

This was a pretty good return for "American Dad!" after its agonizingly long hiatus. Not the best episode of the season, but it had some fun moments, like the out-of-nowhere Hayley/Steve duet and Roger dealing with the roller rink's rat problem. And even the return of Mitch as a repairman brought along a few chuckles, although I would've preferred if they had just kept him a one-time character. I'll give it a 3.5/5.

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

I thought the subplot was okay, although I remember the Mitch the pizza guy not being so obviously Jesus. I mean, he was obviously a reference to Jesus, but did he have any magical powers? I dunno, it's been a while since I've seen it. Either way, this had no subtlety whatsoever. It was still mildly enjoyable though. The main plot was pretty good. I like the concept of girls with whom Steve can do no wrong, but's it kinda weird that Steve didn't try to dress like a girl at all when he wasn't in his uniform, since I would think it would be obvious that he wasn't a girl. I haven't laughed so hard at a new episode of a 22-minute long animated sitcom in a long time, or genuinely enjoyed one (not since Now and Gwen).

Blog Entries

oof that was pretty bad. everything felt really forced, especially roger as the manager at the roller rink. the subplot was poor and very few laughs were had. the main plot for the most part was interesting which is the only thing that helped it. probably one of the most boring eps of this show in a long time

controversial: rubberneckers was a better episode than this

2/5
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    lol you goose

Blog Entries

Completely forgot that AD finally aired a new episode after a long hiatus, and I don't see how this episode was any good. There wasn't much going on in the first plot, other than Hayley being interested in the women's skating group and Roger scamming a little girl from the skill crane. The rest of the main plot was... typical American Dad if you'd like to call, with Steve being a pervert and Hayley using him to fit in. But I found the whole thing with Steve wondering if he's a man or a woman trapped in a man's body to be really stupid. The subplot felt short and pointless, they could've done better to let ''Jesus'' return. I guess there were some funny jokes and decent Steve/Hayley moments, but overall this episode is kinda forgettable.

2/5
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Blog Entries

A decent episode to come back with. Stan and Francine's plot wasn't very good (Though I did like the bit with Jesus' toolbox opening when he tried to make it ascend with him) but the main plot was excellent. Went in a completely different direction than I was anticipating, and even though Roger and Klaus kinda tainted the scenes they were in, I was able to look past it. More than anything it just feels really nice to have American Dad back again, even if this wasn't firing on all cylinders. Low ended 4/5 (Because 3.5/5 feels a tad too low considering how much I enjoyed this overall despite the flaws it had).

EDIT: Quick aside, does anyone else wish they'd stop with "Don't miss an all new EDGIER episode of American Dad next week on TBS"? The way they shoehorn the word "Edgier" into it is just so forced IMO. Like, we get it, you don't bleep as many curse words. Big fuckin' whoop!

Hopefully by the next season they'll have dropped using that as their main gimmick for the show being better on TBS than on FOX.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Aw, fuck naw!
    How to remaster

Thank God American Dad! is back after that ridiculous hiatus.

I guess I'm in the minority as I really enjoyed this episode. The storyline was certainly gimmicky but what saved it was the hilarious gags (I seriously laughed out loud a few times) and a good balance of all 6 characters. Each one of them had their moment to shine. Frankly, this is the first episode where I felt some true confidence from the people behind the scenes. Transitioning to TBS and losing Mike Barker left the earlier part of the season feeling shaky, but hopefully this is the start of a long streak of excellent episodes.

Plus, I LOVED Roger in this one. Excluding the bathtub joke, every moment with him was solid.

4/5
    Michelle Pfeiffer:
    I swear she's destined for the screen...
    http://pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com/

Banned

Man I miss when American Dad was actually a very good show. The gardener subplot was especially irritating.

2/5, 4/10, D+

Something is going on with this show... It generally hasn't felt the same since it went to TBS. Can't put my finger on what it is exactly though. Episode wasn't very funny though, I know that much.
    Signature.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
    Something is going on with this show... It generally hasn't felt the same since it went to TBS. Can't put my finger on what it is exactly though.
    It's the fact that it's more vulgar due to TBS not being as restrictive with what they can say. For people who don't buy the DVDs it's probably kinda jarring to hear Francine call someone an asshole or have Roger talking about cutting off Steve's dick without bleeps over it. Plus the cold openings and credits running over the last scene of the episode make the structure feel a tad off compared to the FOX run.

The unbleeped swearing doesn't matter that much. It's not like being able to say "shit" and "dick" is changing the plot lines. I'd argue that the show isn't even living up to TBS' marketing of "OMG this show is so raunchy now." I found the episode pretty boring and humorless, too.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Blog Entries

I don't think the show declined that much as of yet, and I don't see TBS having anything to do with it. American Dad has always been a so-so show to me, its just that this episode was pretty boring, nott hat bad though.

Banned

holy shit that was epic
    this is why american dad crushes simpsons
    5/5

Azarath metrion zinthos! Sweet_Potatoes's Avatar

I thought this was good, but still not the potential I expected it to be. I've always enjoyed Hayley and Steve bonding, and this was no exception. Their song was forgettable (the first forgettable song either of them has performed). Roger's role felt kind of forced, as if they felt obligated to include him when he wasn't necessary. Also, trying to make Steve seem confused about gender sort of lost me....it didn't really make much sense and it wasn't well executed. But overall not a bad main plot.

The side plot was completely useless, and Stan and Francine were both assholes in it. The episode would have been better off without it.

Thread Information