3 27.27%
  • 1/5 Poor

0 0%

Thread: R&R Bob's Burgers: "The Millie-churian Candidate"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Kinda like Jesus Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

R&R Bob's Burgers: "The Millie-churian Candidate"

Tina and Louise volunteer to run Jimmy Junior's class president campaign in order to keep Millie (guest voice Molly Shannon) from winning, and ruining the school. Meanwhile, Bob becomes obsessed with a knife after talking himself into buying it for $300.

I loved this episode. Both plots were great, and I loved the twist with Henry at the end. Best of the season so far.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

yeah sorry... i'm on the opposite end, wasn't feeling this one. the character of millie is just not interesting to me, and molly shannon sounds too adult and it weirds me out. i did like henry's explanation as to how he rigged it all up but it was too late for me to give this anymore than a 2.5/5. i laffed more at FG which was weird.

the smear videos were easily the best part though. the repeated loop of jimmy jr dancing made it.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

3. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

I honestly felt this one was pretty weak IMO. 2.5/5

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Blog Entries

Loved the animation when Gene was screaming about dessert.

Other than that it was an episode of Bob's Burgers. 3/5

Blog Entries

I really don't know why but I just wasn't feeling episode everything just felt rushed and a bit to hectic. Bob felt a little,too stupid to me as well but I did like the song in the end credits as well as the last act of this episode as a whole.
    Idk maybe a 2.5/5

Blog Entries

yeah I liked the twist at the end and the smear videos but overall it was just okay

the bob/teddy subplot wasn't nearly as funny as it should've been. (although the song and linda's incompetence did make me smile)

3/5
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Not sure whether this is up for contender of worst episode of Bob's Burgers yet. Like It Snakes a Village, it's not terrible, but it's really not the Bob's Burgers standard. Perhaps a little... over done and dry.

Not the best, but I found it decently entertaining. The young boy getting bleeped for swearing on the school news and then dejectedly saying "Sorry" right after had me laughing for a minute straight. And Bob and Ted's ridiculous face-off at the end was pretty hilarious. 3.5/5

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

Personally, I found it better than the last 2 episodes. This one actually had an interesting plot for once unlike those last two episodes and it's more consistently funny. Personally I think the subplot had the funniest moments of the episode like when Bob tried wiping his eye with an onion and realizing it's a bad idea after he does it which was the funniest part of the episode, but the main plot had lots of funny moments too. While this episode isn't Bob's Burgers on top of it's game, it's still a pretty good episode and hopefully the next one will be just as good if not better. 8/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Homer View Post
    I guess this is the same Nicholson who did Joker in the Batman 1989 movie.

Blog Entries

Like most of the thread, I also wasn't really feeling this one. The thing is, when you get a Bob's Burger episode that doesn't really click, it winds up being more dull than just straight up unwatchable like most other shows IMO. 2/5

Really liked Teddy singing at the end though.

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
    Bob felt a little,too stupid
    Agreed. I actually think this is a general problem with Bob not having much to do in an episode. Giving him ho-hum subplots of no real importance just seems to reduce him to doing silly shit that makes him feel less grounded as a character.
    How to remaster

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

A World Without Lawyers HerbertMcHoover's Avatar

Very below average episode for this show. Molly Shannon was solid and it is nice to see her get work, but yeah... not really feeling it. 3/5.

I think it's interesting that the biggest complaint about this episode is "not feeling it". That has to be the vaguest gripe I've ever heard. I thought this one was pretty funny, although I agree that the Bob plot was somewhat weak and seemed more like filler. The Louise plot had me laughing and there's nothing wrong with Millie's voice; voice acting on this show has always been strange. Kids sounding adult, men doing female characters, very rushed speaking...it seemed par for the course to me.
    "Your tears say more than real evidence ever could."

Thread Information