Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broad City

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Val!!!

🔮Marianne Williamson 2020🔮

Blog Entries

Ilana Glazer is from my hometown (alumni from my high school) and I'm gonna meet up with her at a small bar this Saturday where she's doing a documentary about comedy. She's letting my best friend and one of my more recent close friends be in it because they regularly do stand-up and character-acting around there on weekends. I guess she's using the locale as an origin story of where she got her start? Nobody even knows she's going to be there and the bar she's going to is usually not that packed, so it should be an interesting night.

Me personally, I've never done stand-up but all thoughout college and still up until now I've been doing sketch and character-acting with those guys alot just for fun and will film/direct/support them whenever they want to do something.

Blog Entries

Edit: I have no reading comprehension late at night

That's awesome! Are there any plans to record the show apart from the documentary?
    Last edited by ThatsAPaddlin; 04-07-2015 at 11:01 PM.

Ill-Mannered Sack of Crap LosTickaToeRest's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wonderful show. Pretty much the only thing worth watching on Comedy Central. I'm still just most of the way through season 1 but I'm looking forward to getting into season 2.
    Earth. Atomizer. Let's go.

Blog Entries

@D'ohADeerAFemaleDeer I don't really know what she in particular is going to do there and I'm sure if she does perform, it will be featured in her project, but all I know is that my two friends will definitely be in it too. It's definitely going to be available to see, but I doubt I'll be able to record anything.

Blog Entries

So the documentary she's making is about comedians on Long Island which won't be coming out for like a year from now. I asked her about Amy Poehler and she said she's very dark in person. She didn't perform or anything. Just basically was there while her 2 camera men filmed. At one point, I'm standing right next to her in a crowd shot which was being recorded so hopefully that gets in . My friend who's a big Broad City fan got her autograph and took a picture with her, so I'm really happy for him.

She's cool though. Very down to earth and kind. The stand-up acts were great but It was annoying though since these 2 old men kept heckling lol.

Blog Entries

Aww, I love when hearing that people I really admire are also pretty good people. What did she mean about Poehler being "dark", her sense of humor, or she's very serious?

My sister was in the audience during Hannibal Buress' show when he had to stop and shut down some hecklers. She said for a while they just kept yelling "Broad City" over and over :/

Blog Entries

I didn't think she was implying that she was depressed or anything but basically what you said and maybe because Ilana primarily gets to witness Amy as a producer. From what I've seen on alot of behind the scenes stuff and improv sessions, you can tell her passion for comedy is taken very seriously and she's a hard worker to get whatever needs to get done. But also I've seen her humor get dark before on certain occasions so it could be that. I mean alot people in comedy can actually tend to have that side to them, so I wasn't surprised.

Blog Entries

Sorry if this is region-locked: Broad City short - Yom Kippur

(not sure how to embed the video)

Blog Entries

From Variety

Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer‘s “Broad City” is set to return to Comedy Central at 10 p.m. on Feb. 17. Season three will cover everything from a trip to the DMV, a rat in the apartment and going clubbing to taking on new job responsibilities, visiting Abbi’s dad and new hook-ups.
    Until then, here's the promo they did for the new Tomb Raider game:

And a neat behind the scenes video:

Blog Entries

they showed that trailer last night on cc during a marathon of the show, thought it was p cool

wonder if they are going to release a season two dvd, they released season one about this time last year

Blog Entries

Only a few days left to goooo!

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: c l o n e

Blog Entries

I just realized today I haven't been posting about the current season. I've been watching, I just haven't been posting as much in general because of my laptop cable falling apart. Has anyone else been keeping up? I absolutely loved the episode with Abbi pretending to be Ilana to cover her shift at the food co-op!

A lot of people are being completely obnoxious about Clinton's guest spot. Like, fuck off. 1) They didn't endorse her, 2) Sanders was not nearly as well known when the scene was filmed, 3) You can disagree with Clinton without buying into GOP propaganda, 4) It wasbarely a minute long.

Has anyone seen Time Travelling Bong with Paul Downs (Trey) and Ilana Glazer?

Keep politicians out of comedy.

They might not have "endorsed" her, but giving her time on their show is definitely promoting her. It's like saying there's nothing wrong with Trump hosting SNL. They don't endorse him but it still gives him more airtime and a chance to seem "cool". It's not GOP propaganda to find Clinton a disgusting racist and I don't think it's your place as a white person to tell me otherwise. I would still vote for her over any Republican candidate but that's setting the bar pretty low.

I haven't watched this new season yet because I'm still waiting on Ned to finish last season. Very excited for this upcoming season since I've heard nothing but good things.

EDIT:
    I'm still going to watch the Clinton ep because I don't give a shit if she's on the show or not. I just think there's plenty of valid reasons why giving screen time to certain people would cause controversy, especially politicians.
    Last edited by Nwordpassforsale; 05-07-2016 at 12:56 PM.

Blog Entries

Most of the people bitching about Clinton on the Broad City page are white. I'm sure you've read my posts in the politics thread and know I too have issues with Clinton, you shouldn't read my post above as dismissing even people with legit criticism. But if you're a white dude going on about Benghazi, yeah, I'm not going to take you seriously.

Edit: Also, I know I call myself white for simplicity and stuff, but please remember I am actually both white and asian and much more aware of racial stuff than monoracial white people who never have to think of racial and ethnic stuff.

Blog Entries

Any time I see a Broad City ad now they keep showing the clip of them making moronic fawning noises when Clinton appears and the rest of the commercial is similar. No jokes, just clips of the main characters making really annoying/stupid noises.

It feels like self-sabotage on Comedy Central's part. They do the same with shows like Bob's Burgers and it's like... why the fuck would you make an intentionally annoying commercial for something you want people to watch?
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

haven't seen the clinton episode yet, but i saw most of the rest of the season. the finale was so great.

and i saw the first ep of time traveling bong, but not the other two. guess i should catch up.

Blog Entries

Huh, the commercials here are equally stupid but I haven't seen one with Clinton. They keep playing this one ad of them making weird vocalizations and pulling faces. Tells you absolutely zero about the show. If I had never been Broad City before, that ad would absolutely put me off to it.

I'm watching TTB right now, that's why I asked. It's alright, so far I've liked the prehistoric period the best.  Not a fan of the rape joke, of course, even if part of the joke is "just go with it". 

Blog Entries

Oh and yeah, the ads for Bob's are particularly bad. Adult Swim has one that's just a montage of flatulence, including scenes with flatulence sounds dubbed into them (such as Bob in the harness on Family Fracas) because that's what adults what to watch.

Blog Entries

Yep, it's all that sort of shit. Comedy Central also seems to enjoy doing similar ads with shows like "The Middle" but that's garbage anyway so w/e. I just feel like trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator with such over the top commercials for shows that are more than just "LOL RANDUMB FARTS!" is a huge detriment when it comes to interesting potential newcomers.

Like, I've not watched a ton of Broad City but it seems like a neat show from what I have seen, and seeing those commercials would make me wanna actively hate it if I knew nothing of the show beyond them.

Blog Entries

So I finished the Time Travelling Bong special earlier. It was alright, I wouldn't say you're missing out if you haven't seen it. The prehistoric scenes are still my favorite, especially the bit with Ilana's character raving about how happy she is living in a period devoid of our modern beauty/hair removal standards. I'm sure I would have enjoyed it all more had I been stoned and/or drunk rather than speedballing. I can't imagine I would have sat through the whole thing sober. Not in one go, at least.

As for Broad City,  I reallyreallyreallllly hope Hannibal Buress isn't leaving! He's such an underrated comedian and he just kills every scene he's in. It's been refreshing seeing a healthy open relationship portrayed in a positive light. 

Blog Entries

Broad City

Holy shit broady city got sooo fucking bad.
    Illana is just so fucking annoying.
    The episodes are like 90% vagina jokes at this point.
    Like Abby completely carries the show, this past episode was all about Illana's vagina, like that was literally her whole side story.
    She's just so over the top and annoying.
    The show is most interesting when Abby has his quirks and gets into situations with Illana pushing it to a point of absurdity.
    But it's went downhill real quik
    It's like 2 and 1/2 men with women.
    I

Blog Entries

Merging @Igor's post with the already existing Broad City thread.

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Igor

Strongly disagree, I feel like this show's more ambitious now than ever and the episodes are as fun as they were. I really enjoy Broad City, I'm glad I watched the whole thing in the last few days.

Thread Information