• 2/5 *fails math*

0 0%
  • 1/5 monty can't buy me love

0 0%

Thread: R&R Bob's Burgers "Can't Buy Me Math"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

R&R Bob's Burgers "Can't Buy Me Math"

Tina and Darryl team up to win "Cupid's Couple".

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

5/5

Best Tina-centric episode ever.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

Executive Vice President Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Really good episode, especially the Bob/Linda plot. The striptease was absolutely hilarious.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

liked it a lot. but damn do i hate that jocelyn character. sounds way too much like linda.

4/5

Blog Entries

oh shit. just noticed on twitter the thing on bob's back during the striptease is the semi-tattoo he got at the end of "the equestranauts". awesome.

Blog Entries

^yeah I noticed that right off the bat.

amazing episode. adorable, funny and featured lots of daryl and zeke who always crack me up and it was a wonderful tina plot (love how they flipped the romance plot on its side)... I was also glad that the episode deftly handled a very minor louise/gene c-story as just really an excuse to get them out of the house without it feeling extraneous.

and of course the bob/linda plot ended on such a terrific high note, even after the incredible bubble bath scene. this is really the show at its best and definitely a new top ten contender 5/5
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

also that mario and luigi line easily makes up for how close linda and jocelyn's voices sound. I had to pause for a second there

Blog Entries

Very good episode. My only real criticism is that the Bob/Linda plot felt a little underdeveloped. It would have been nice to see the other failed attempts at romance that Linda had planned throughout the week rather than just skipping to the bath stuff. 4/5
    How to remaster

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

I didn't really care for this episode that much. Not to say it was bad because I laughed a few times, but the plot wasn't anything special and just like the last few episodes they just didn't leave me feeling satisfied. I'm pretty sure it's just me, but I think Bob's Burgers is starting to decrease in quality lately. Granted, there is still many episodes of the show I haven't seen yet, but from what I've seen those seasons of Bob's Burgers were more consistent than this one. The only great episodes so far are Best Burger and Tina Tailor Soldier Spy and this season had some solid episodes, but there have been some episodes that just weren't very good. Tina and the Real Ghost was very average and the biggest laugh I got during that episode was a Dumb and Dumber To commercial. Midday Run was very mediocre and it wasn't really fun to watch and Late Night in the Garden of Bob and Louise is one of the worst episodes of Bob's Burgers. The problem with that episode is that the it has the most inconsistent acts that I've seen in an episode. The first act was very funny, the second act was pretty bad, the song was very overrated and I only laughed once and the third act had a few laughs, but that's it. Then there's Speakeasy Rider which was decent, but kind of underwhelming. I really hope this season starts to get back on track because this show is the King of the Hill of Animation Do- sorry I mean "Sunday Funday" as it's able to entertain it's audience without being too vulgar or shocking which is what most adult cartoons rely on these days. It's also able to cheer me up whenever the Family Guy episode that finished sucked so much. For me this episode is a 6/10. It's nothing memorable and I don't even remember that much of this episode now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Homer View Post
    I guess this is the same Nicholson who did Joker in the Batman 1989 movie.

Blog Entries

I really liked this episode except for the utterly tired thing about Tina being bad at math. I hated it the first time they had her mention being bad at math, and now they brought it out as a plot point. Bob's Burgers is so good at being fresh and original, they don't need to fall back on tired old garbage like "girl character is bad at math".
    🔮Marianne Williamson 2020🔮

Blog Entries

It never crossed my mind once though that tina being bad at math was playing off a female stereotype. If anything, I thought it was great that they weren't feeding into the nerd stereotype with her by making her smart with such a thing.

Blog Entries

But she's a smart, strong, sensual woman! I don't know, I think I just wanted something that felt more uniquely Tina. Like maybe she's bad at some subject because she chokes on tests. Tina's "Uuuugghhhhh"s are always funny. Math is kinda overused for both girls and boys anyway.

Blog Entries

they've always, always had the idea that tina wasn't that bright when it came to math/school subjects. this was in the character when she was a boy in the original pilot, too.

I think it's kind of unique that tina is a "nerd" character but not super smart as well.

Blog Entries

Yeah, Tina never came across as that smart to me. Also evidenced in this episode by the "we know too much about bowling" sequence. But that's cool. Not all animation girls need to be that intelligent.

I liked the episode. I agree with Shaun that the Bob and Linda plot lacked showing some more after setting up a number 6 activities. 4/5

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by D'ohADeerAFemaleDeer View Post
    they don't need to fall back on tired old garbage like "girl character is bad at math".
    Thats not really a thing. Its mostly just that "x character is bad at math." Regardless of gender, because you know math is generally seen as a boring and hard subject for a lot of people.

And sure, you do have that ditz character but shes not only bad at math, but shes bad at everything academically and super oblivious to most things in general. Tina clearly isnt this type of character.

And yeah I agree with everyone else in saying it goes against the nerd stereotype more than anything and probably has nothing to do with her gender.

Also you're acting like this show is being sexist towards females when we have the dumb as nails male character (gene) who only cares about farts and being annoying. Boys will be boys am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Yeah, nothing wrong with Tina being bad at math. Jimmy Jr was bad at math too.

I thought this was more solid Bob's Burgers. Bob/Linda's plot was very funny throughout!
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Thread Information