Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Better Call Saul

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

the condition is real though. isn't it in the APA?

Hired Goon

Well from what I understand it's generally agreed to be a psychosomatic condition. He may believe he has it, but it's all in his head. At least that's my understanding of the disorder in general.

Blog Entries

and yeah I felt bad for him, but also liked the ambiguity of humor. it reminded me of when they showed jesse's paranoia that the biker gang was after him when he was high. the quick perspective change from the neighbor looking out the window to see how non-existant his predicament was (at least in a physical sense) had the same comedic spark to what's revealed with jesse. plus that whole 'getting in the character's head' fashion of cinematography was just as well done as how they handled hank's panic attacks.

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Steve

Hired Goon

Yeah that was great. The cinematography on this show is fucking stellar

Blog Entries

Did anyone else guess what was going to happen when the billboard/filming scene came up?
    Season 1: The humble beginnings -- Seasons 2-8: The classic era -- Season 9: The first season where noticeable flaws began to appear -- Season 10: The last decent season -- Season 11: The first BAD season -- Season 12: The last season with episodes worth watching -- Seasons 13-Present: Zombie Simpsons

Blog Entries

Not at all. I knew what was happening when the guy fell though. I remember thinking it was weird that Jimmy kept looking back to the billboard beforehand, like it was just some nervous twitch.

Beyond the point of no return Xaiv's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Great episode. The entire series so far has been a slow burn building (akin to Breaking Bad) and it's just done it masterfully so far. It reveals a little at a time in terms of development of the plot and characters. I really feel like I know Saul (I'm never calling him Jimmy) and his struggle to claim a stake in his business and feel like I know why he's doing what he's doing. It's really great writing when the character is so relatable. Stellar series so far; blown away by it! Bob Odenkirk continues to slay.

Blog Entries

so um... did anybody watch that amazing episode last night? easily one of the funniest, my family and I were cracking up at the sex toilet and jimmy dressing up as matlock

love that we're getting a mike-centric episode next week
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

Yeah this episode was another really good one. I don't get how people are saying this is slow or boring? I mean I don't have the best attention span but I'm never bored by this show. They don't even feel like hour long episodes. Every time they end, I just want to see more. Jimmy is such a great lead and I'm starting to like him even more than Walt. Walt's character arc was amazing but a lot of the time we were just waiting for the next big moment to happen. With Jimmy, I could honestly just watch a whole episode of him just meeting new clients. Odernkirk is just so damn charismatic, he could have been a classic film star.

Blog Entries

breaking bad, last season aside, was just this slow and took its time but always remaining incredibly entertaining. bcs is the same exact thing

Hired Goon

Yep. Every time I've watched a new BCS ep, I find myself checking the time every commercial break and being sad how few minutes are left in the episode. I can't get enough of it. Super glad we are getting 10 episodes, and 13 more next season. I really hope they don't start doing half-season bullshit eventually.

Yesterday's ep was great. The toilet thing was so hilariously cringeworthy, and Saul dressing up like Matlock (more like Colonel Sanders though haha) and going around charming all the old folks was great.

WAS ANYBODY ELSE EXPECTING TO SEE TIO IN THAT SCENE? I was bracing myself but kinda glad they didn't. The show keeps feeling like it's about to do a Breaking Bad tie-in, but then not doing it. I'm honestly impressed how much restraint they're showing in that regard. They could easily be having Br Ba cameos left and right just for cheap laughs and ratings. I'm sure there will be more but it's nice that it's being its own separate thing for now, and relying on its own great cast.

Blog Entries

It's definitely not slow whatsoever. The funniest moment in the handful of potential clients for me was the guy wanting to secede from the United States. Also I was expecting a cut to commercial when the old lady was on her way to sit down or when she was fumbling through her purse.

And Tio wouldn't have been in the old folks home yet. He was being taken care of by Tuco first (which is why his health was worse in "Grilled") and that's only 6 years later. But yeah dressing like Matlock and buzzing around a retirement community's game room is something Saul from Breaking Bad would be doing 6 years prior. It was so perfect.

I'm glad they are moving forward with Chuck's predicament. I don't know how I feel about him getting tazed though. I just don't get how that would have happened. Even by plausible unprovoked standards, it seemed there only to meet that convenient irony that he has electromagnetic hypersensitivity which came off a tad silly.

The show is great at keeping me hooked though. That transition where Saul leaves the ticket booth and we just stay on a lonely Mike working the graveyard shift was fucking great. I love how we just left "the Saul show" for those last few minutes. It was cool to see the diner from "Madrigal" again too. I'm glad the show is going to expand on the secondary characters more because it needs it.
    Last edited by lionelhutz123; 03-03-2015 at 02:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz123 View Post
    I'm glad they are moving forward with Chuck's predicament. I don't know how I feel about him getting tazed though. I just don't get how that would have happened. Even by plausible unprovoked standards, it seemed there only to meet that convenient irony that he has electromagnetic hypersensitivity which came off a tad silly.
    agreed, my dad and I both thought the cold open was a bit ridiculous and implausible even if you put the dramatic heft first and foremost.

Blog Entries

Last night's episode is probably my favorite out of all the ones that aired. It was funny and it shed a ton more light onto Chuck's character and got Mike into the spotlight. I'll go ahead and second Odenkirk being so charismatic - he is killing it in this role, he is an insanely versatile actor.

Blog Entries

Theres a twitter for Chuck's space blanket, which is pretty amazing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/chucksblanket
    Last edited by Swoony; 03-06-2015 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

Blog Entries

That woman cannot act worth salt!!

Blog Entries

Brilliant episode. Very much a self-contained story while still remaining relevant to Mike's origins in BCS and his actions later in BB. No half-measures. Jonathan Banks gave varied, dynamic performances and slayed it the entire episode. Being so self-contained, as the puzzle pieces linked together and the whole picture formed - it was satisifying. Another dazzling episode that displayed it doesn't need Saul's presence to be good. This show is a powerhouse.

Hired Goon

Yeah Jonathan Banks was fantastic in this ep. His monologue at the end was heart-wrenching.

Only four eps left! Gahh

20. Thumbs Up To This Post by: LukeMM95, Xaiv

Blog Entries

my dad, who has only seen one season of breaking bad, thought it was just "okay". my sister and I just went, "oh... that was absolutely insane if you've seen BB"

I think mr. banks just won himself an emmy there

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony, Xaiv

Blog Entries

i haven't really known what to think of the show thus far but last night's was amazing

Blog Entries

Only four? These episodes have blown by!

that guy you forgot existed Judge Fudge's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've been absolutely loving this so far. I honestly think this show is as good as Breaking Bad, and we're only 6 episodes in! I haven't seen the newest ep yet (I will in a couple of hours) but I'm assuming it focuses entirely on Mike, which means it will probably be amazing.

Blog Entries

It's true, I'm Mike's son and I'm not dirty

Blog Entries

Jesus christ that was an amazing episode. Jonathan Banks performance throughout (and specifically the last scene) were fucking phenominal. This is getting really good i'm loving it.

Blog Entries

Weird how the best episode of Better Call Saul so far hardly had Saul in it. Also, nice to see a "no half measures" flashback from Mike that wasn't just the wifebeater story he told in Breaking Bad. I was worried this prequel show would just be full on reenactments of stories we'd already heard. Can't believe there's only four episodes left.
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

Banned
    Blog Entries

meet tony the toilet buddy

Last edited by white light; 03-16-2015 at 12:34 PM.

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Blog Entries

oh man that sequence with mike was pure vintage breaking bad

another great ep as always. three eps left

Hired Goon

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    oh man that sequence with mike was pure vintage breaking bad
    Yeah that was great. I loved the music that played during it. Dave Porter is the man

Another great episode overall. It's nice to see more of Saul using his lawyer chops at the Kettlemans. Speaking of, am I the only one who finds Betsy kind of damn cute? But insufferable as FUCK, damn. Want to slap that domineering bitch.

Man I'm gonna be sad when this season ends. I read someone jokingly suggest that there will be a cliffhanger where they reveal Gus at the last minute of the season finale, because the episode's title is "Marco" -- and the title of the S2 premiere would be "Pollo" (not confirmed, just speculation). I'm sure it won't happen but it would be pretty great.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Speaking of, am I the only one who finds Betsy kind of damn cute? But insufferable as FUCK, damn. Want to slap that domineering bitch.
    I'd very highly suggest googling "julie ann emery damages"

Hired Goon

Why, thank you. I am glad I did that.

Thread Information