Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Official Season 18 DVD Thread (December 5, 2017)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

It's so unfair. If they did a release like season 20 without special features, I would be fine. Hell, even MOD DVDs, as long as I have the episodes clearly on DVD and they look nice next to the previous DVD release seasons.

I'm sure if enough people tell FOX they want DVDs of the remaining season we'll get our wish, I hope. They should cancel DVDs for shows no one watches at all.
    Simpsons Tapped Out name: Zim999777

I agree. I also like to think that the simpsons was essential in making fox, and fox should give more respect to the show.

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Zim999

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

In other news, Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place is getting DVD releases thanks to Shout Factory. If Ryan Reynolds popularity is the only thing that show has going for it and it is getting a DVD release, surely The Simpsons should be getting one. I know several DVD publishers would kill for the rights to release seasons 18+.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/22048
    UP AND ATOM!

Blog Entries

lol please quit getting salty that the simpsons is done with DVDs every time another show gets announced. a bunch of shit no one cares about gets released. the difference is that they don't have channels and apps built around them

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

Banned
    Blog Entries

pretty sure the simpsons is worth more to fox than two guys, a girl, and a pizza place was to whomever owned/produced it. for one thing when was the last time two guys... was on tv? fox would have to be stupid to release the rights to another company to make dvds out of it, would be like disney letting some other company make mickey mouse dvd sets.

though i wish someone would release the rest of the drew carey show, or put it on netflix or something. that would be swell.
    Last edited by hanna hilton; 03-01-2016 at 02:23 PM.

My point is that there is still a market for TV on DVD, and DVD production companies are chomping at the bit for series with devoted fanbases. Look at X-Files, it got a complete series blu-ray release despite being easily available on Netflix and Hulu.

I threw Two Guys and a Girl out there as proof that even smaller shows still have some level of interest by places like Shout for shows that are not available on DVD, and it is another FOX property that the studio is happy to license out to another company to release. The on-demand releases on Amazon - like American Dad and Wilfred - meanwhile are through Allied Vaughn.

It is my opinion that FOX Home Entertainment would love to continue to release the show on DVD and blu-ray, but the Simpsons World deal had a contract stipulation. FOX Home Entertainment is a different entity from FOX broadcasting, and without Simpsons seasons 18+ to release in the US and other territories they lost a decent moneymaker.

If, however, FOX Home Entertainment did indeed stop producing the series due to declining sales (which I do not believe), there are several companies like Shout and Allied Vaughn that would gladly release seasons 18+. Again, going back to Two Guys and a Girl, my point was that if a company would want to release a series like that then surely they would want to explore getting something far bigger like The Simpsons.

Btw, @super nintendo chalmers -
    fox would have to be stupid to release the rights to another company to make dvds out of it, would be like disney letting some other company make mickey mouse dvd sets.
    You do realize that companies license out their properties all the time, including Disney and FOX, and that when they do this they make money? It's not as if FOX is losing money having somebody besides FOX Home Entertainment release American Dad on DVD. Like I mentioned, the broadcasting and home entertainment are separate entities. I would imagine home entertainment would have first say on if they wanted to release the series, and if they passed then it would go to a third party for release.

It should also be noted that Disney's home entertainment division are the worst. They are happier to sit on unreleased tv shows and movies rather than explore options to complete in-progress series releases. Take a look at most every Disney Afternoon show and The Muppet Show. All incomplete and no sign of Disney attempting the on-demand route or a place like Shout where they specialize in that sort of stuff. FOX, at least, has gone to the effort of releasing several shows outside of their home entertainment brand. Warner Bros does the same with their own on-demand service, making just about every Hannah Barbera show available.
    Last edited by Captain Squid; 03-02-2016 at 07:53 AM.

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Zim999

Blog Entries

Yeah, but it's The Simpsons. It's quite literally Fox's #1 brand. They would never, ever, ever license the production of DVDs to another company that wasn't Home Entertainment.

It totally sucks that they aren't doing anything as well, but I think they're really invested in the On-Demand stuff with Simpsons World at the current moment.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Yeah, but it's The Simpsons. It's quite literally Fox's #1 brand. They would never, ever, ever license the production of DVDs to another company that wasn't Home Entertainment.

It totally sucks that they aren't doing anything as well, but I think they're really invested in the On-Demand stuff with Simpsons World at the current moment.
    Which is why I think an FXX contract stipulation has Fox Home Entertainment's hands tied and Al Jean has been fed lies about how sales numbers were too low. They were lower than the classic seasons, no doubt, but season 17 still had great numbers that other studios would have killed for (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sim...examined/21379) and if they had to cut back anywhere I would say they could do away with the animated menus and detailed panorama artwork on the DVDs. I love both of those, but they were not essential to the release, just really nice presentation. They could also, likely, stop producing the blu-rays and just stick to DVDs until they hit season 20.

Blog Entries

i was predicting that for season 16 they would start releasing the seasons in amaray cases, like family guy, to cut costs. they never did which is definitely a contribution to ceasing the releasing of them

Banned
    Blog Entries

what gets me is that simpsons world is only available in the us. one of the biggest foreign markets for the simpsons is the uk, so why not make it available there for instance?

I would love to put this all past me like the dvds being cancelled wasn't a huge deal, but when you really think about it, it was. I've never been one for special features/commentary, but I thought it was cool that they did it. Others shows not getting dvd realeases isn't that bad. But this is the the freaking simpsons we're talking about, one of the most iconic shows on television, just being cancelled out of dvds by fox, like a show that ran for only one season and was kind of well received got no dvd release. This is not the same thing. Sure, FX now has all the episodes free too, as long as you have internet connection, live in america, and have a COMPATIBLE cable subscription. Not bad, right? And guess what, they still even have ads! Look, I don't like getting into this rampage, hell, I like modern simpsons, like al jean, and think everyone is doing a fine job, unlke other people that bitch about the series not being as good as it used to, but fans have been loyal, even with only 1 season per year, even though it used to be 2, and I think fox should give this show the respect it needs on dvd. If they make season 20-like releases without any special features, with all the episodes and artwork, I am fine. I just want the seasons on dvd, with good box art, that's it. I don't in any way blame al jean, but I strongly blame fox. This is a new low for them. Anyways, I'm done. I will always keep hope for more to come out in the future though. Even if just seasons 18 and 19 are released, then I would consider this rampage a success, and all of us can at least fill that 2 season gap in our collection. Everyone just keep reminding fox, spread word, and we have a chance. I'm out.

16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Zim999

Quote Originally Posted by handsome_devil View Post
    lol please quit getting salty that the simpsons is done with DVDs every time another show gets announced. a bunch of shit no one cares about gets released. the difference is that they don't have channels and apps built around them
    Also, don't mean to get salty, just passionate about us fans getting the dvd releases, or at least 18 and 19. People want what they want, and fox should understand this. Not trying to come off as arrogant, but fox cheated all of us fans out oft these. Just my view of the situation. Some people are ok with just streaming with commercials, and some like owning the show on dvd. People have different opinions, and we should respect one another's opinions.

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Zim999

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

The more I see complaints about the Simpsons World app, the more I wish they would have gone with Netflix streaming instead.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    The more I see complaints about the Simpsons World app, the more I wish they would have gone with Netflix streaming instead.
    Netflix is better than FX Now, but dvd would be the best thing.

Blog Entries

The main problem isn't even no more dvd's (although that is terrible), it's that there is NO distribution of season 18 outside of the USA period. The message from fox is, the only way to get the Simpsons season 18 and 19 outside of the USA is piracy. It's weird that they want people to pirate the show instead of paying for it.

Blog Entries

lmao thinking of someone pirating fuckin season 18 of the simpsons

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Whats so funny about it? Can you stop coming to this thread only to make fun of everyone who likes modern simpsons...?

Jesus effing christ....

Banned
    Blog Entries

did not warrant a facepalm image imo

Blog Entries

lmao 'all i have to do is enter my phone number but i want to be anonymous!!'
    yeah ur an old guy all right. also the ego on this guy. he thinks anyone cares enough about his shitty videos to like doxx him or whatever
    also the ego on this guy.

Blog Entries

meh should have probably been posted in the thread he said that, but it works in this context as well so

Blog Entries

no it doesn't? how did you even think of posting it here you Daft Punk

Blog Entries

yes it did tho? read ur previous posts in this thread bro

Blog Entries

my previous posts in here have nothin to do with ego or whatever. you're fishing without flute now

Banned
    Blog Entries

someone's being intellectually superior

Blog Entries

i know. now i'll never be able to watch bart makin out with darcy on dvd
    wouldnt bother with a complete series set cuz 10+ garbage seasons. fine with my individual setd thanks
    lol please quit getting salty that the simpsons is done with DVDs every time another show gets announced. a bunch of shit no one cares about gets released.
    lmao thinking of someone pirating fuckin season 18 of the simpsons
    so they're probably gonna end up releasing the rest of the series anyway huh? how unexciting
    i seriously doubt that. if we get anything it will be a complete series set that no rational human being would buy
    And thats in this thread alone

Blog Entries

yeah none of those posts show off any kind of Ego or anything. zero of those are like IM GREAT posts which i Do make so you're not even trying

Blog Entries

WHY DO I LET THEM TRIGGER ME
    Last edited by Grifty McGrift; 03-05-2016 at 06:23 AM.

34. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Banned
    Blog Entries

well right now you are being rather "intellectually superior", without any irony

oh good edit

Blog Entries

lol the youtube troll master gettin 'triggered'

Thread Information