Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Official Season 18 DVD Thread (December 5, 2017)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I think they stopped releasing them because of FXX and simpsons world, and it was planned the whole time. There's no, "DVDs aren't making enough Money " BS. It's an excuse instead of telling us the truth. Fox just wants Money.

Blog Entries

But the weird thing is, FOX isn't making any money outside of the US now by not putting them on DVD

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

And Fox Home Entertainment is not the same company as FXX and FXNOW. So the DVD/blu-ray company aren't making a thing off of The Simpsons now. And it has been revealed that sales were really good. The declined since the classic era, but still really good and the numbers were what other shows and company's would kill for.
    UP AND ATOM!

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smarch Weather! View Post
    If the Simpsons ends at season 30, and there is a large DVDs set, that would cost lots of money. At LEAST each season would be $10, so that is already $300, but If each season is $30, that's $900, which is a lot. Also, if they just release one large boxset, people who own 1-17 and 20 already would have to buy them again just to get seasons 18, 19, and 21+
    I would gladly repurchase the set if I could get the whole series physically on BluRay in a proper collection.
    And I say that having already bought most of the DVD sets twice already.
    SEASON 30 RANKINGS
    Bart's Not Dead - 2.5/5 / Heartbreak Hotel - 1.5/5 / My Way or the Highway to Heaven - 3/5
    THOH XXIX = Intrusion of the Pod-Y Switchers - 1.5/5 / Multiplisaty - 2.5/5 / Geriatric Park - 2/5
    Baby You Can't Drive My Car - 2/5 / From Russia Without Love - 3.5/5 / Werking Mom - 3/5
    Krusty the Clown - 4/5 / Daddicus Finch - 5/5 / 'Tis the 30th Season - 2/5 / Mad About the Toy - 1.5/5
    The Girl on the Bus - 2/5 / I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can - 4.5/5 / The Clown Stays in the Picture - 1.5/5
    101 Mitigations - 3/5 / I Want You (She's So Heavy) - 1/5 / E My Sports - 3.5/5
    Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy - 4.5/5 / Girl's in the Band - 4/5 / I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh - 1/5
    D'oh Canada - 2.5/5 / Woo-hoo Dunnit? - 3.5/5 / Crystal Blue-Haired Persuasion - 1.5/5

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't mind a high price. Okay maybe $900 is too much but $300? Eh. Chances are it will be cheaper than buying all DVD's separately, only you spend a lot of money at once and not over time. I'd say it's worth it, seeing as they'll probably make new meny animations for all seasons, deleted scenes, commentaries etc...

Blog Entries

if i had the money I'd go out and get all the seasons again. one of my biggest regrets is leaving my dvds wherever and not taking care of them. I miss being able to watch simpsons whenever I wanted. hell, even if I got them all used, for like 10-15 bucks...

Quote Originally Posted by Walid, The Other Reindeer View Post
    if i had the money I'd go out and get all the seasons again. one of my biggest regrets is leaving my dvds wherever and not taking care of them. I miss being able to watch simpsons whenever I wanted. hell, even if I got them all used, for like 10-15 bucks...
    Yeah, I kept my collection in very poor shape which is why I just repurchased every set while it was marked down to like $10 Canadian brand new during Black Friday. Have it all stored immaculately in a single place for ready access. Plan to replace Seasons 13-17 and 20 with BluRays when I see them for cheap, too.

Blog Entries

I bought mine used from ebay and some i got as gifts. Only ones i bought new is 15 - 17 on amazon. Together it was way cheaper than buying them all new.

Blog Entries

Well, we used to have some Simpsons Seasons 4 and 5 DVD sets before the years passed and my stupid sister-in-law threw them away while she and my brother were cleaning my other brother's room, so that stinks!

Blog Entries

buy them again they're pretty cheap

Blog Entries

Brad, where did you find them for $10?

Quote Originally Posted by SuitOfDrugs View Post
    Brad, where did you find them for $10?
    Amazon.ca had them marked down. Wound up with all 18 seasonal DVD boxsets plus The Simpsons Movie BluRay for a grand total of $202.91 plus tax (shipping was free). That's $147.49 US for those of you south of the border with a currency that actually retains its value. Not a bad deal, I'd say.

Yeah, most of my sets were purchased used in good condition from Amazon for 10 bucks each. I did this when they had seasons 1-12 plus 20 out, and I save up money, just bought them all at once. Every year I bought the next season that came out. Lots of binge watching followed.

Blog Entries

I got my seasons in such a weird order. started with seasons 7 and 6 first, then 5, then 4, than 1-3... I don't know. some random order like that. of course, whenever I'd get a new season I'd watch it immediately, as fast as I could. I got s10 at midnight the day it was released and I stayed up till almost 7, watching as much as I could. got up to the last disc. good times

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If the entire series isn't released in some form of official Box Set, I'll end up buying the bootleg Blu Ray set. There are pirated "Complete Seasons" sets out there, but they won't release the new seasons alone, just every year a new "Complete Box Set" with the newest season is rereleased.
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

I tried watching a new episode the Simpsons, but I realized the show hit a new low, like a brand new, underground parking structure of sadness.

Blog Entries

I remember seeing a 'complete series' set somewhere a long time ago. immediately ran telling my mom about it, asking for it for Christmas... I had the wrong idea about what it really was. just the idea of owning every simpsons episode, at the time, delighted me oh so well

Blog Entries

wouldnt bother with a complete series set cuz 10+ garbage seasons. fine with my individual setd thanks

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

meh, I can just watch them on simps world. #LivingInMurica
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

Quote Originally Posted by santa's elf View Post
    meh, I can just watch them on simps world. #LivingInMurica
    This is why we can't have nice things...

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

’tis a tragedy that they stopped the DVDs, but at least I have the eps

Quote Originally Posted by santa's elf View Post
    ’tis a tragedy that they stopped the DVDs, but at least I have the eps
    Yep, you'll have all the eps so long as you keep paying the cable TV dinosaur a monthly stipend until the day you die. Have fun with that!

Anyone have a list of season 18 commentary participants?

I can't believe I had only JUST found out about this. Honestly, I teared up a little bit.

Blog Entries

i know. now i'll never be able to watch bart makin out with darcy on dvd

Blog Entries

oh lord...

Yeah it makes me sad too. And I have no idea how I'm gonna watch the commentaries since Simpsons World isn't even available in my country ffs.
    Last edited by Grifty McGrift; 02-27-2016 at 01:35 PM. Reason: watch*

Blog Entries

VERY good avatar

Blog Entries

Yes.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Has any other TV show on DVD suffered the same sudden cancellation fate?

Blog Entries

king of the hill, until the rights were picked up a couple years ago and the releases continued.

Blog Entries

there are like too many shows to list that started releasing shows and then failed to distribute all the seasons. nowadays a lot of cheapo companies pick up the rights to these kinda shows and start filling the gaps which is cool, but there's still a lot of unfinished shows out there

Thread Information