Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Official Season 18 DVD Thread (December 5, 2017)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Season 18 is now available on Simpsons World in 4:3

NO MORE SAGGY DIAPER PAINS!!!
    Blog Entries

I remain optimistic that Fox will rethink their decision and make the S18+ DVDs after all. Even if it's on MOD format.

3. Thumbs Up To This Post by: qwerasdf

Blog Entries

Well they're going to put commentaries on Simpsons World, so there wouldn't be much point to them on DVDs anymore. I doubt they're going to come out with any more of them, but I don't feel as sad as I thought I might. Probably because the only special features I use are commentaries and deleted scenes, and at least one of those will be provided.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

if they were going to, we would have info of it by now. if it does ever come out it won't be in the usual december slot

It probably hits the people the hardest that love having an actual physical copy in their hands. I'm like that in a sense although i'm happy we have gotten all the seasons on dvd that we have to date.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

My beef with Simpsons World is that it requires internet and a stable connection, it has ads, it has a watermark, and 4:3 is not on all devices (namely Xbox 360). MOD DVDs would be great, and I wonder if we might see countries outside the US attempting some sort of release? Simpsons World isn't global (despite the name) and you'd think FOX Home Entertainment are missing out on international sales.
    UP AND ATOM!

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Zim999

Blog Entries

my beef is that it only works on my xbox. my smartphone and laptop don't work at all for it. and surprise surprise the only place i can watch it doesn't let me watch it in 4:3

My beef is that it doesn't support Dish Network
    I'm trying to be a loving father, you unwanted moron.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Maybe you should try not to post in threads that have been inactive for 9 days.

Blog Entries

it's a relevant enough topic to be bumped i feel

Banned
    Blog Entries

Well, at least he didn't bump a thread from 2012.

Blog Entries

is 9 days even a bump? especially for a thread that's pretty much one of the most relevant in this section. and even if it was a thread from 2012, this is the android's dungeon. I wouldn't be surprised if there were threads from 2001 or so on the next page.

Quote Originally Posted by South Park Fan View Post
    Maybe you should try not to post in threads that have been inactive for 9 days.
    don't be a turd

Blog Entries

AVC: How many hours of commentary do you think you’ve recorded at this point?

AJ: We’re up to episode 350, and I wasn’t on maybe 80 of those, so 270 times 20 minutes would be like 90 hours?

AVC: So when the DVDs discontinue, will that free up a lot of time?

AJ: No, we’re still doing them.

AVC: That’s right: The commentaries will be hosted online?

AJ: Yeah. I was very sorry; it wasn’t my decision that the DVDs were discontinued. So what we’re doing is we’re recording commentaries for every episode—every one we produce. And initially the outlet is FX Now. But my hope, since these will exist, is that someday you could download these anywhere in the world.
    "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
    - A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)

" Well i always thought if a song was not going to say something, it should be an instrumental "
    - Gil Scott Heron ( NPR 1985 )

The key word there is "hope". Al Jean (or any of the writers, for that matter) clearly have no influence over how the show is marketed and sold.

Simpsons World is nowhere as convenient as FOX makes it out to be, especially for guys like me who don't have cable. VOD releases through Amazon and iTunes, with commentaries and everything, would be great, but I know FOX won't do it as long as they can exploit the show as a tactic to strong-arm cable customers into subscribing to FXX.

Nineteen-Ninety-Something
    A webcomic about my favorite decade
    and the characters who made it interesting

Funk Dancing For Self Defence Dimoxinil's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope they make it into a DVD...
    "No one who speaks German could be an evil man"

How To Cook Humans
    How To Cook For Humans
    How To Cook Forty Humans
    How To Cook For Forty Humans

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

I was opening one of my old Simpsons DVDs and they had a leaflet inside proclaiming The Simpsons to be the most successful DVD release of a TV series. Wonder how much they slipped since then? Also, wonder why they don't just go DVD only again, static menus, and use standard plastic cases? I feel like they were spending too much to produce them and the return wasn't enough. Episodes, a few extras (commercials from the era), and continue or drop the commentaries. That's all they need for seasons 18+.

I still find the decision to drop the DVDs at all, never mind in favour of a way of watching the episodes that isn't even available in the rest of world, completely and totally baffling. How popular even is Simpsons World?
    Season 30 Ratings
    Bart's Not Dead C- Heartbreak Hotel ​D My Way or the Highway to Heaven ​D- Treehouse of Horror XXIX ​C- Baby You Can't Drive My Car ​B+ From Russia Without Love ​B- Werking Mom ​C Krusty the Clown ​B Daddicus Finch B+ 'Tis the 30th Season ​D+ Mad About the Toy ​C+ The Girl on the Bus ​C I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can ​C- The Clown Stays in the Picture ​C- 101 Mitigations C+ I Want You (She's So Heavy) ​C E My Sports ​B-

Blog Entries

well almost every season on simpsons world has something like [1.1 MILLION WATCHING], which is quite impressive, especially considering how you need a cable provider. it's gotta be pretty big

Well, I only had 1-10, 14-16 and 20 plus the movie, the Maggie head s8, and the Halloween DVD. I never got 11-13 or 17, so maybe I should get them, just to complete my collection. But I think they should have at least made 18/19 as a final dual release so at least the first 20 seasons are on DVD.

Fox will will have to make seasons 18-26, cause there are millions of fans who never those episodes uncut when they first aired, plus they can't just stop in the middle of the series, that would be something nickelodeon would do. Plus what if the internet for fans goes out or their computers have to go to the shop, they wouldn't be able to watch the episodes from seasons 18-26.
    Simpsons Tapped Out name: Zim999777

Quote Originally Posted by Zim999 View Post
    Fox will will have to make seasons 18-26, cause there are millions of fans who never those episodes uncut when they first aired, plus they can't just stop in the middle of the series, that would be something nickelodeon would do. Plus what if the internet for fans goes out or their computers have to go to the shop, they wouldn't be able to watch the episodes from seasons 18-26.
    You think FOX gives a shit? The Simpsons is a tool for them to make money with. If a few thousand fans aren't happy but 1.1 million people are paying to use Simpsons World, obviously they're not going to bend over backwards to satisfy the handful of people they fucked over.

If it wasn't for The Simpsons in the first place FOX would be dead by 1991. I hope things change for the DVDs.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by Zim999 View Post
    Fox will will have to make seasons 18-26, cause there are millions of fans who never those episodes uncut when they first aired, plus they can't just stop in the middle of the series, that would be something nickelodeon would do.
    The way Fox released every series of King of the Hill. Oh, wait... (Fox stopped releasing those after season 6; Olive Films started releasing the remaining seasons eight years later.)

Also, I'm pretty sure the FXX airings are uncut. I think they do it by not airing commercials between the end of the show and the beginning of the next show.

Fox could always do what (I think) South Park did, and release the commentary tracks separately (e.g. as a "music track" you play on your cellphone while the episode is airing).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wavy Gravy View Post
    The key word there is "hope". Al Jean (or any of the writers, for that matter) clearly have no influence over how the show is marketed and sold.

Simpsons World is nowhere as convenient as FOX makes it out to be, especially for guys like me who don't have cable. VOD releases through Amazon and iTunes, with commentaries and everything, would be great, but I know FOX won't do it as long as they can exploit the show as a tactic to strong-arm cable customers into subscribing to FXX.
    It would be great if FOX would offer a Non-cable subscription like $4-5/month to watch FXXnow or $10 for both FXXnow and FXXmovies ........ ala HBO/Showtime

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    The way Fox released every series of King of the Hill. Oh, wait... (Fox stopped releasing those after season 6; Olive Films started releasing the remaining seasons eight years later.)

Also, I'm pretty sure the FXX airings are uncut. I think they do it by not airing commercials between the end of the show and the beginning of the next show.

Fox could always do what (I think) South Park did, and release the commentary tracks separately (e.g. as a "music track" you play on your cellphone while the episode is airing).
    I'd pay $.99 for select commentaries or maybe like $10/season

Blog Entries

has anyone (for those who collected every available season) rewatched the season 17 dvd yet now with the knowledge that it's the last one? it's a pretty interesting and new experience in terms of jean era simpsons just coming to a halt.

Blog Entries

yea for a small while. just weeped that i wont be able to have the ep where homer becomes an ice cream truck driver and marge uses popsicle sticks from discarded treats to make art on DVD

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

Weak ep, but it is still legitimately sad.

Blog Entries

the only reason my collection is complete is gifts at christmas.. woulda been fine with my collection ending at 12

Thread Information