Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Official Season 18 DVD Thread (December 5, 2017)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

The Official Season 18 DVD Thread (December 5, 2017)

Featuring "Fat Tony" Collectible Packaging, Television's Longest Running Scripted Primetime Series Returns on DVD When "The Simpsons" Season 18 Arrives December 5[/B]DVD Will Also Include All-New Season 18 Bonus Episode "22 For 30" Featuring Fat Tony

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment proudly presents the return of America's favorite animated family on DVD when "THE SIMPSONS" – SEASON 18 arrives on December 5. Featuring Springfield's lovable legitimate businessman, this long-awaited season features commentary on each of the 22 episodes and never-before-seen deleted scenes along with the bonus episode "22 For 30" from Season 28 that includes a memorable scene with Fat Tony.

"THE SIMPSONS" – SEASON 18 was a historic one; the last before The Simpsons Movie, the season-finale 400th episode, "You Kent Always Get What You Want," "24 Minutes" with guest star Kiefer Sutherland, Treehouse of Horror XVII with the sepia-tone classic "The Day the Earth Looked Stupid" and much much more. Guest stars include Michael Imperioli, The White Stripes, Tom Wolfe and Natalie Portman and classic episodes include the Emmy-nominated "The Haw-Hawed Couple" and WGA winner "Kill Gil, Volumes I & II."
    Don't delay, buy today!

BONUS FEATURES

• 4-Disc Set Contains The Complete Eighteenth Season With All 22 Episodes
    • Welcome Back, Loyal Fans!
    • Audio Commentary On All Episodes With Writers, Actors and Directors
    • Deleted Scenes With Commentary
    • Bonus Episode
    • Multi-Angle Animation Showcase
    • Special Language Feature
    • A Conversation With Fat Tony
    • And more!

"THE SIMPSONS" SEASON 18 DVD

Street Date: December 5, 2017
    Screen Format: Widescreen 1.33:1
    Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1
    Spanish Surround Dolby Digital 2.0
    French Surround Dolby Digital 2.0
    Subtitles: English SDH / Spanish / French
    Total Run Time: Approximately 481 minutes
    Closed Captioned: Yes

The Mook, the Chef, the Wife, and Her Homer
    (#HABF15 / SI-1715) 10 Sep 2006
    Lisa makes friends with Fat Tony's son, who shows talent as a chef but is being pushed to take over the family "waste management" business, but when he makes his father look weak in front of a rival family by telling them he made the dessert and Tony gets shot, Homer and Bart take over the business.

Jazzy and the Pussycats (#HABF18 / SI-1718) 17 Sep 2006
    When Bart refuses to remain quiet at the funeral of Homer's Vegas wife, a psychiatrist has a unique solution; drumming. Bart turns out to be a natural, and when he joins Lisa at a jazz brunch, some professional jazz musicians ask him to jam with them, which drives Lisa into a depression that she tries to cure by rescuing animals - one of which mauls Bart's arm, and all of which have to be given away quiclky or animal control will kill them.

Please Homer Don't Hammer 'Em (#HABF20 / SI-1720) 24 Sep 2006
    Marge starts reading a set of home repair books that Homer bought but never got around to reading, and soon becomes a carpentry expert, but when no one will let a woman do any carpentry work, she gets Homer to pretend that he is doing it"- at least until he goes overboard with taking all of the credit; when Bart discovers that Principal Skinner is allergic to peanuts, a peanut on a stick is all Bart needs to turn Skinner into his slave

Treehouse of Horror XVII (#HABF17 / SI-1717) 5 Nov 2006
    "Married to the Blob"- Homer eats what looks like an interstellar glowing green marshmallow that emerges from a meteorite, and soon turns into a giant green blob with an appetite to match his size
    "You Gotta Know When to Golem"- Bart discovers a golem in Krusty's prop room and brings it to life to do his bidding
    "The Day the Earth Looked Stupid" - in the late 1930s, Kang and Kodos land in Springfield as part of an alien invasion, but the town, having just been taken in by Orson Welles's War of the Worlds broadcast, doesn't believe it is real

G.I. D'oh (#HABF21 / SI-1721) 12 Nov 2006
    When Army recruiters can't get teenagers like Jimbo, Dolph, and Kearny to enlist, they get kids at Springfield Elementary to sign papers agreeing to enlist when they're 18. Homer goes to the recruitment office to get Bart out of his deal, but ends up enlisting himself, and, as one of the dumbest persons in the Army, becomes the enemy in live-fire wargames, only to give the troops the slip, resulting in a full-scale invasion of Springfield in an attempt to find him.

Moe'N'A Lisa (#HABF19 / SI-1719) 19 Nov 2006
    Lisa feels sorry for Moe after Homer forgets that he offered to take him fishing for his birthday, so she decides to write a school report about him, and in the process discovers his written rantings can be turned into poetry; Lisa gets them published and Moe is invited to a writers' conference in Vermont, but when he discovers that anyone who claims they needed help in writing is shunned, he takes all of the credit for his success

Ice Cream of Margie (With the Light Blue Hair) (#HABF22 / SI-1722) 26 Nov 2006
    Homer is fired from the nuclear plant when he pays more attention to the ice cream truck than to Mr. Burns; when the driver dies, Homer buys the truck and takes over the business, which has an unexpected benefit; Marge turns the popsicle sticks into sculptures

The Haw-Hawed Couple (#JABF02 / SI-1802) 10 Dec 2006
    Bart gets his friends to boycott Nelson's birthday party, only for Bart to end up being forced to attend by Marge; this leads to Nelson becoming Bart's new best friend (and bodyguard), which sounds like a good thing for Bart until he discovers how jealous Nelson can be; Homer reads to Lisa at night, only for him to try to hide the "big surprise ending" when he discovers it's not exactly happy

Kill Gil, Volumes 1 & 2 (#JABF01 / SI-1801) 17 Dec 2006
    When Costington's Department Store Santa Gil gives Lisa a sold out Malibu Stacy set his boss had set aside for his daughter, Gil is fired on Christmas Eve, so the Simpsons let him stay for Christmas Eve, but when he won't leave and Marge just can't say no to him, he extends the stay until Marge finally has had enough, in November, but when she discovers Gil has moved out to a new job, "The Simpsons are going to..." Scottsdale so Marge can finally stand up to him

The Wife Aquatic (#JABF03 / SI-1803) 7 Jan 2007
    Homer takes the family to Barnacle Bay, where Marge spent a number of vacations as a child, only to discover that its boardwalk is rundown, but when Homer burns down the merry-go-round after having it refurbished, he has to work it off on a fishing boat, which is a problem when you realize that the reason Barnacle Bay was rundown was because the bay was overfished

Revenge is a Dish Best Served Three Times (#JABF05 / SI-1805) 28 Jan 2007
    When someone cuts Homer off and he swears revenge on him, Marge, Lisa, and Bart tell tales of revenge:
    "The Count of Monte Fatso" - in pre-revolutionary France, Homer plots his revenge on Moe after he frames Homer for treason
    "Revenge of the Geeks" - the geeks develop a glove to inflict punishment on the bullies, but Milhouse has his own enemies list
    "Bartman Begins" - when young Bart Simpson's parents are murdered in Gotham City, he becomes Bartman in an attempt to find the killer

Little Big Girl (#JABF04 / SI-1804) 11 Feb 2007
    Rather than tell the truth about her family history in a school report, Lisa bends the facts a little and claims she is a "Native American", which ends up having her become the keynote speaker for the National Native American Tribal Council; when Bart stops a major fire, Mayor Quimby grants him one wish - a driver's license - but after one day too many of being the Simpsons' errand boy and chauffeur, he drives off to North Haverbrook, where an older girl, who thinks Bart must be at least 16, falls for him

Springfield Up (#JABF07 / SI-1807) 18 Feb 2007
    Documentary filmmaker Declan Desmond (from "'Scuse Me While I Miss the Sky") has been tracking the lives of Springfield citizens every eight years since 32 years ago, and is surprised to discover that, sometime in the past eight years, Homer has gone from loser to millionaire...or has he?

Yokel Chords (#JABF09 / SI-1809) 4 Mar 2007
    Principal Skinner decides to let Lisa tutor Cletus's kids (rather than let them into Springfield Elementary), but when Krusty discovers they can sing, he signs them up as a musical act for his show; Bart is sent to a psychiatrist after making up a story about a school chef who turns kids into food in order to clear out the cafeteria so he can get some food after Homer gives him Grampa's medication for lunch

Rome-Old and Juli-Eh (#JABF08 / SI-1808) 11 Mar 2007
    When Homer declares bankruptcy (under the impression that it would protect his assets), he has to cut wasteful spending, so he stops paying for Grampa to stay in the Springfield Retirement Castle, causing him to move out - and move into a relationship with Selma, over Homer and Patty's objections; when Bart and Lisa order shipping materials from a delivery company and the company discovers they built a fort with them, it's an all-out war of paper products

Homerazzi (#JABF06 / SI-1806) 25 Mar 2007
    When Homer nearly sets the house on fire after a mishap involving the candles on his birthday cake, the Simpsons buy a fireproof safe to protect their valuables, including the family album, but when it manages to burn anyway, Homer and Marge try to re-enact all of the photos. One of them catches a celebrity in a compromising position in the background, so Homer sells it to a tabloid, and soon he becomes Springfield's hottest paparazzo - which is not good when the celebrities try to turn him into Springfield's most humiliated person

Marge Gamer (#JABF10 / SI-1810) 22 Apr 2007
    Marge feels the shame of the other parents at a PTA meeting when she reveals she doesn't have an E-mail address, so she goes online, and soon gets involved in an online role-playing game, only to discover the most feared character is Bart - who ends up killing her character accidentally; Homer becomes a soccer referee for Lisa's league, only for him to give her a red card after she takes advantage of him by flopping one too many times on the field (only for special guest voice Ronaldo to set the record straight)

The Boys of Bummer (#JABF11 / SI-1811) 29 Apr 2007
    The Springfield Isotots make it to a Little League championship game, but when Bart makes an error that costs the team the championship, the townspeople refuse to let him forget it; Homer's attempts to talk his way out of being caught sleeping on a bed in a department store bed end up selling the mattress, so he ends up as a mattress salesman, but he has second thoughts when Reverend Lovejoy trades Homer's mattress for one he just bought

Crook and Ladder (#JABF13 / SI-1813) 6 May 2007
    Let me see if I got all of this:
    Homer, Moe, Apu, and Principal Skinner become volunteer firefighters
    ...because the regular fire department is pretty much in traction
    ...thanks to Homer crashing into the firehouse, spilling the chili, and sounding the fire bell, causing the firemen to slip on it and get mauled by their dalmatians
    ...which he did when he woke up in his car while sleep-driving
    ...which was caused by his sleeping pills
    ...which he took because of the constant squeaking noise made by Maggie sucking on her squeak toy at night
    ...to keep Maggie from pretty much tearing the house down
    ...which she does because Homer couldn't get the right brand of pacifier
    ...after Marge read in a magazine that babies who depend too much on their pacifiers don't turn out well in life
    ...but when the free stuff they get out of gratitude stops, well, let's just say that there's a lot of, er, "fire-damaged" goods they take care of

Stop or My Dog Will Shoot (#JABF12 / SI-1812) 13 May 2007
    When Homer gets lost in a cornfield maze, Santa's Little Helper drags him out, leading to the dog being sent to animal police academy, and it's "Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do, Santa's Little Helper's gonna come for you," but when he bites Bart rather than play catch with him, Bart gets a new pet - a snake - which gets loose in the school and causes a toxic gas cloud to overcome Bart while he's looking for him
    Note: Fox originally scheduled this episode for 29 April 2007; however, after the shootings at Virginia Tech University on 16 April, Fox decided that it was not such a good idea to air an episode that involves guns (whether it's the overall police theme or the scene with Cletus and Brandine is not clear) so soon after the incident.

24 Minutes (#JABF14 / SI-1814) 20 May 2007
    In what was planned as the series' 400th episode (before Fox decided to premiere the episode at its usual time instead of 30 minutes later, turning it into the 399th episode), Springfield Elementary's bullies are about to detonate a stink bomb (actually, an extremely expired carton of yogurt Homer tried to dispose), unless the school's CTU (Counter-Truancy Unit) - including Bart and Lisa, with special appearances by Jack Bauer and Chloe O'Brian from 24 (voiced by Kiefer Sutherland and Mary Lynn Rajskub) - can stop them

You Kent Always Say What You Want (#JABF15 / SI-1815) 20 May 2007
    In the show's 400th episode (both in terms of episodes aired and produced), when Homer buys the 1,000,000th ice-cream cone at a local shop, he ends up on Kent Brockman's news program, but when Brockman swears on live TV after coffee is spilled in his lap, he ends up fired after Ned Flanders complains and the FCC fines Channel 6 heavily
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Captain Squid; 07-23-2017 at 10:35 AM.
    "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
    - A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)

" Well i always thought if a song was not going to say something, it should be an instrumental "
    - Gil Scott Heron ( NPR 1985 )

Things That Are Different In Some Versions Of Episodes From This Season So We Need To Check Which Version Is On The DVD: Season 18 Edition
    (Compiled with help of the Simpsons Archive’s DVD Companion and Syndication Cuts Guide)

- “The Mook, the Chef, the Wife and Her Homer”: A scene involving Krusty had his nose coloured the same as his skin. This had definitely been corrected by the time it reached syndication, and was possibly also corrected for network repeats. The syndication cuts guide makes it sound like this was literally just one shot where the nose was the wrong colour, so it doesn’t sound like this is high priority.
    - “Springfield Up!”: The original US broadcast was truncated so there was time to show a trailer for the Simpsons Movie. (Check the Syndication Cuts Guide to see exactly what was removed.) I can’t imagine that we won’t get the complete version on the boxset, but if we do you’ll know about it straight away, as the edited version was missing the opening titles and went straight into act 1.
    - “Rome-old and Juli-eh”: The DVD Companion states that the scene at the beach was re-animated. Looking at the Rate/Review thread from first transmission on this very forum, there are a lot of people noting that the animation seemed off in general (with a few specifically singling out the beach scene as being of such poor quality as to not be fit for broadcast), but I can’t find any more information on the differences between the two versions (um, besides that they were both animated differently, obviously), or when the revised version was broadcast. More info on this would be helpful, although from past precedent I would imagine the re-animated version will be on the DVD.
    - “Stop Or My Dog Will Shoot”: Rudy Giuliani’s guest appearance was cut from the original broadcast, likely because he was running for president at the time. The scene was seen in syndication.
    Season 30 Ratings
    Bart's Not Dead C- Heartbreak Hotel ​D My Way or the Highway to Heaven ​D- Treehouse of Horror XXIX ​C- Baby You Can't Drive My Car ​B+ From Russia Without Love ​B- Werking Mom ​C Krusty the Clown ​B Daddicus Finch B+ 'Tis the 30th Season ​D+ Mad About the Toy ​C+ The Girl on the Bus ​C I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can ​C- The Clown Stays in the Picture ​C- 101 Mitigations C+ I Want You (She's So Heavy) ​C E My Sports ​B- Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy ​C- Girl's in the Band ​B- I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh ​B- D'oh Canada ​C-

A World Without Lawyers HerbertMcHoover's Avatar

This is my favorite post-classic season. Excited for this release. Then, I'm getting season 19 and I'm done.

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: K'spoosh

Junior Camper

i hope in the cover there is Gil

Junior Camper Nobodylikesmilhouse's Avatar

Looking forward to seeing this season. Although I've seen all those episode a few times each, I don't feel like I "know" these episodes like I do with everything that came before hand. 24 is easily the best, wonder if my option will change on any of the other episodes.
    So this is what it feels like When Doves Cry!

I think Fat Tony will work for the cover, from "The Mook, the Chef, the Wife, and her Homie." This will be similar to season 17 centering around Sideshow Bob for "The Italian Bob."

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dr. Cactus

Blog Entries

I like "24 Munutes" but "The Haw-Hawed Couple" takes the cake IMO for best episode of this season.

Blog Entries

What I would like to see is the MMORPG Marge is playing in Marge gamer being used as the menu theme. For the box cover I would like something different rather than the face of a secondary character, but otherwise I'd like to see Fat Tony or Kent Brockman.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

Probably the weakest season up to this point, but still decent. Crook and Ladder is my favourite.

Edna will probably be on the cover if Al Jean's Twitter is anything to go by. If failing that, Milhouse. It's one of their favourite characters, he's recognizable on the cover and there could be a school theme.

Junior Camper Nobodylikesmilhouse's Avatar

Milhouse or Edna for me please whoever it is that decides these things.

Blog Entries

I too have been thinking that Fat Tony would be a good choice for the cover. He, like Sideshow Bob (but not to the same extent), is a popular and recognisable recurring character, who would leave plenty of opportunities for a "theme" for the boxset. It could parody the boxsets of The Sopranos, with the Simpsons and Tony's cronies staring solemnly into the distance instead of Tony's family and the mob. In fact, it could parody any piece of gangster fiction. The inside could be the Legitimate Businessmen's Social Club, or Tony's mansion. The bonus episodes could be "Bart the Murderer", "The Twisted World of Marge Simpson", and the for the obligatory HD-era episode there is a whole host of pretty poor Fat Tony episodes which I needn't discuss... Its either that, or Milhouse. Gil and Brockman don't have that "cartoony" look that the cover characters always have thus far, not to mention there are no episodes focussing on them outside of their episodes from this season.
    Season 26 Ratings:
    Clown in the Dumps, 3/10; The Wreck of the Relationship, 5/10; Super Franchise Me, 5/10; Treehouse of Horror XXV, 7/10; Opposites A-Frack, 6/10; Simpsorama, 7/10; Blazed and Confused, 7/10; Covercraft, 5/10; I Won't Be Home for Christmas, 8/10; The Man Who Came To Be Dinner, 7/10; Bart's New Friend, 5/10; The Musk Who Fell to Earth, 3/10;

I Review Every Episode In No Particular Order
    Twitter | YouTube

Blog Entries

i want bart makin out w/ darcy on tha cover :D

"Modern Simpsons" defender simpsonsbart's Avatar

I would see Moe on the cover. On the spine, I would see Gil as Santa and Jack Bauer.

DVD menus: Moe is in his bar, he sometimes uses items that appear in episodes of this Season, and sometimes, characters as they appear in episodes of this Season can come in the bar. Moe sometimes interacts with them, and the characters leave the bar.

Bonus menus: The squeaky-voiced teen is cleaning up the floor.

Sadly, it looks like this won't be released at all:
    https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/585822651651727361

But it doesn't mean we won't have audio commentaries & deleted scenes for seasons 18+:
    https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/585594514603139072
    https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/585826689998958592

Blog Entries

I'm strangely at peace with this.

Well don't close this thread as of yet. The FOX executives and/or Al Jean could change their mind plus it is still too early for us to get a possible date for an 18th season release.

Bring on the men Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is not happening...THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    This is not happening...THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!
    uh actually according to ALBERT JEAN it might be

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

And suddenly, 50% of my reason for maintaining my fandom dies.

50% the yearly DVD
    25% Tapped Out
    25% watching new episodes
    UP AND ATOM!

Blog Entries

qwerasdf's probably PISSED right now !!

Blog Entries

that dude who was "leaking dvd info" has nothing to leak anymore, sad day
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Banned
    Blog Entries

EXCLUSIVE DVD LEAK:

It will only be avalible on FXX's Simpsons World. No physical copies this time.

Blog Entries

Not even if I answer a trivia question right?

Well this sucks

Blog Entries

Even as someone who doesn't own a set beyond Season 11, this is weirdly depressing.
    How to remaster

Never 4Get.

Junior Camper

Al jean: season 18 dvd/bluray is kill.

Me:
    Last edited by SASQUACTH; 04-10-2015 at 01:35 AM.

Blog Entries

wh

NO MORE SAGGY DIAPER PAINS!!!
    Blog Entries

I agree with Squid in that they should release the Simpsons MOD.

Blog Entries

Can we change the title of this thraed to Never

Thread Information