Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Episode titles taken literally.

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

"Modern Simpsons" defender simpsonsbart's Avatar

Pygmoelian: It's like My fair laddy, but with Moe instead of Willie and it's not a musical episode.
    The old man and the key: Abraham finds some key.
    The seemingly never-ending story: When each act end seems to be the episode's end, another unrelated plot begins.
    The good, the sad and the drugly: Ned, Moe and Otto make a trio for some reason.
    One upon a time, in Springfield: The episode is set in a spaghetti western-like Springfield.
    Elemantary school musical: It's a Glee parody.
    Exit through the Kwik-E-Mart: Kwik-E-Mart's exit is revealed to be the nothingness.
    Last edited by simpsonsbart; 04-06-2015 at 05:30 AM.

Here I come, world! Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought Elementary School Musical was already a Glee parody.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Maybe, but here it's set in the school.

The day the Earth stood cool: Bart finds himself in a parallel dimension where everyone is cool. He's pleased
    You don't have to live like a referee: Homer decides to live like a referee, but people around him beg him to stop living like one
    The Musk who fell to Earth: The episode shows a slow motion of Elon Musk falling on Earth
    The princess guide: Some Springfieldian guy buys a catalog about princesses. Hilarity ensues
    Waiting for Duffman: A Waiting for Godot parody where Lenny and Carl are waiting for the Duff mascot
    The kids are all fight: Bart and Lisa fight during 20 minutes
    "You're perfect! In fact, you're better than perfect! Next to you, perfection is crap!"

It was said in a 1997 episode. But if it were said in a recent episode (from the mid 2000s to for now), I'd take it as irony.

I don't believe in modern Simpsons nor golden era: I'm an atheist

Don't fear the roofer!

I'm a post-20th century Simpsons episodes defender.

The ones who say "Zombie Simpsons" make me laugh.

I'm a girl but I say #NotMyDoctor anyway.

Blog Entries

Waiting for Duffman: Homer spends the entire episode waiting for Duffman to show up at his birthday party

Every man's dream: We see every male Springfieldians' dream during one night

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kamp Krusty: Krusty, in an attempt to revive his career, becomes an actor in kampy horror movies.
    New Kid On The Block: The Simpsons family moves to the slums and meet a sassy street kid which Bart decides to fight.
    Mr. Plow: Homer... plows Marge.
    Homer's Triple Bypass: Homer loses his car and needs a ride to work. But cars passes him by... thrice.
    I Love Lisa: Me, Snowpit, develops a crush on Lisa.
    Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song: Skinner comes up with the coolest song ever and becomes a cultural phenomenon.
    Bart Of Darkness: Bart undergoes a surgery to make himself black.
    Sideshow Bob Roberts: Bob changes his last name to Roberts.
    Grampa Vs. Sexual Inadequacy: Abraham is unsatisfied with his sex life, so he borrows Marge.
    And Maggie Makes Three: Maggie gets pregnant and gives birth to three children.
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 04-24-2016 at 10:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Parent Rap: Extended version of Homer and Marge’s rap song from Pranksta Rap.
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

Trying not to cry BloodySimpsonChibi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson: Homer turns into a giant and attacks NYC.
    The Principal and the Pauper: Skinner and Gil start going out for some reason.
    Lisa's Sax: Lisa plays her saxophone for 22 minutes.
    Treehouse of Horror VIII: Bart decorates his treehouse to look scary 8 times.
    The Cartridge Family: The Simpsons turn into cartridges for some dumbass reason.
    Bart Star: Bart turns into a huge ball of hot gas for no reason at all.
    The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons: Apu gets a sex-change operation after Manjula reveals she is a lesbian.
    Lisa the Skeptic: Lisa questions everything ever.
    Realty Bites: Realty manifest itself into a physical being that bites everyone.
    Miracle on Evergreen Terrace: Lisa almost gets hit by a car but by some miracle it hits Bart instead.
    All Singing, All Dancing: Everyone sings and dances throughout the entire episode, causing me to groan forever.
    The Joy of Sect: People start enjoying church for some reason
    Das Bus: The school buys a new bus made in Germany
    The Last Temptation of Krust: A living piece of eye-crust must decide if it should get on Krusty's eyes or not.
    Dumbbell Indemnity: Homer gets dumbbells.
    Lisa the Simpson: Lisa goes on an epic quest to find out why her last name is Simpson

Finish this later
    Last edited by BloodySimpsonChibi; 01-12-2016 at 01:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    I'd imagine patting Lisa on the head would sting, damn kids with their spiky heads.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    Every man's dream: We see every male Springfieldians' dream during one night
    This sounds much interesting than the actual episode

Quote Originally Posted by Whatsgiving View Post

I Love Lisa: Me, Snowpit, develop a crush on Lisa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatsgiving View Post

The girl I have a crush on is in second grade.

Blog Entries

Brick Like Me: Homer realises he's as dense as a brick and decides to live the life of one, being stupidly cemented into a house (the house collapses).
    Treehouse of Horror: Bart climbs up the treehouse only to find many, many dead bodies. The hunt is on to find out who's doing the killing before it's too late.
    Homer Alone: WWIII happens and Homer is left to die an agonising death due to the massive amounts of radiation.

Blog Entries

Lisa's Date With Density : Lisa has a crush on some mysterious mass from outer space.

The Computer Wore Menace Shoes : Frink brings his computer to live. It apparently loves shopping and one day, it bought some fancy shoes which were later revealed as dangerous for the human race.

Blood Feud : The family starts a fight which ends up with them rolling in their own blood.

Lisa Gets an A : Another normal day in Lisa's life...

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lisa Gets an A:

Homer spells Simpson wrong on the mailbox and gives Lisa the unused letter.
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

I tried watching a new episode the Simpsons, but I realized the show hit a new low, like a brand new, underground parking structure of sadness.

Blog Entries

The seemingly never-ending story: When each act end seems to be the episode's end, another unrelated plot begins.
    :gatorpee:

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

a totally fun thing that bart will never do again bart does something really funny, only once though.
    large marge marge becomes a giant.
    lisa goes gaga lisa is depressed again so maggie gives lisa her pacifier, she then starts literally acting like a baby.

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Black Widower

Selma marries a black man. She later passes away shortly after.

Blog Entries

A Fish Called Selma: Selma becomes a mermaid

Blog Entries

Bump

Lisa Goes Gaga: After a blow to the head, Lisa mentally regresses to being a year old. This causes problems because Homer can't tell the difference between Lisa and Maggie now.
    Gal of Constant Sorrow: Marge won't stop crying all the time now. Everyone else is annoyed.
    The Man Who Grew Too Much: The Very Tall Man from '22 Short Films' develops a health problem because of how tall he is.
    The Secret War of Lisa Simpson: The Simpsons discover that Lisa has been waging a secret war against Shelbyville.
    The Devil Wears Nada: Bart becomes a nudist.
    Loan-a Lisa: Homer loans out Lisa to Milhouse in exchange for money.
    Mom's I'd Like To Forget: After Marge embarrasses them at school, Bart and Lisa give themselves amnesia and forget her.
    Flaming Moe: Moe gets set on fire. He doesn't die.
    How I Wet Your Mother: Homer tells his kids the story of how he accidently got Marge wet.
    Take My Life, Please: Moe spends the whole episode begging for Homer to run over him. He agrees at the end, but accidently runs over Gil instead.

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Nitsy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    How I Wet Your Mother: Homer tells his kids the story of how he accidently got Marge wet.

Blog Entries

Halloween of Horror: For Halloween, the Simpsons watch horror movies.
    Every Man's Dream: One night, every man in Springfield has the same dream.
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Ned View Post
    What? I meant he sprayed her with a hose or pushed her into a pool or something.

Anyway...

Bart the Genius:
    It's revealed that Bart is actually a genius and he just does bad at school because he's lazy. Lisa is at first happy but then gets jealous over how smart Bart really is.
    A Milhouse Divided: Millhouse develops an amoeba's ability to divide himself.
    Bart Stops To Smell The Roosevelt's: During a field trip, Bart stops the smell the Roosevelt's graves as part of a dare.
    Papa Don't Leech: Lisa tries to get Homer to stop leeching off of Flanders and stealing his stuff. She fails.
    Bart On The Road: Bart steals Homer's car and uses it to go on a cross-country trip. The rest of the episode is about his wacky misadventures while on the road.
    Blame It On Lisa: The Simpsons decide to blame Lisa for everything that goes wrong.
    What To Except When Bart's Expecting: Professor Frink's new machine accidently gets Bart pregnant. The family has no idea what to expect, especially how Bart is going to give birth.
    They Saved Lisa's Brain: Lisa gets into a horrible accident where the only thing that could be saved was her brain.
    Gone Abie Gone: Abe goes missing. Homer does not care.
    Please Homer, Don't Hammer 'Em: Marge and Lisa beg Homer not to go around hitting people with a hammer. He doesn't listen.
    Last edited by AlphaOmega; 04-11-2016 at 10:39 PM.

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire

Comic Book Guy roasts The Simpsons over an open flame and eats them.

Blog Entries

The President Wore Pearls: Lisa is declared the smartest person in America and becomes president. She gets kicked out of office after she forces everyone to stop eating meat and bans all use of fossil fuels.
    The Scorpion's Tale: The Simpsons meet a magical talking scorpion that tells them his life story. Guest starring Antonio Banderas as the talking scorpion.
    Bart the General:Bart is accidently drafted into the army despite being ten, but does so well he gets promoted almost instantly to a general.
    Mr. Lisa Goes To Washington: To prove that male speakers get more respect then females, Lisa becomes a man thanks to Dr. Nick and goes to Washington.
    Treehouse of Horror: Bart turns his treehouse into the scariest horror attraction in town. When Maggie gets accidently lost inside it, Bart must go journey through his own treehouse to get her back.
    Viva Ned Flanders: Ned discovers the secret to immortality. Homer becomes suicidally depressed.
    Clown In the Dumps: Krusty loses all his money and becomes homeless, forcing him to live in a dumpster.
    Bart to the Future: Bart uses Professor Frink's time machine to check out his future, only to discover that he's a deadbeat loser that still lives with his parents and has loser kids. With the help of his future kids, Bart must find a way to change his future while being hunted by a cyborg Sideshow Bob. Guest starting Scarlet Johansson and Adam Driver as Bart's future kids.
    Every Man's Dream: All the men in Springfield get together to discuss what their biggest dream to do in life is.
    At Long Last Leave: In the final episode, after endangering their families lives and being an inconsiderate slob for the millionth time, Marge finally has enough and kicks Homer out of the house for good. She signs the divorce papers, and a broken Homer leaves Springfield forever. Cue credits.

Blog Entries

Mr Plow: Homer tills soil with an old-fashioned horse-drawn plow.

Blog Entries

Flaming Moe: Moe catches fire.
    Flaming Moes: Moe's Tavern catches fire.
    Burns Baby Burns: Burns' baby catches fire.
    Crook and Ladder: A crook steals a ladder.
    Treehouse of Horror XXVI: Bart builds his 26th scary treehouse.
    Please Homer, Don't Hammer E'm: Homer murders people with hammer, people beg to stop.
    Moe Goes from Rags To Riches: Moe tells his story of his bar (Honestly, that would be pretty good)

Blog Entries

The Frying Game: Same plot as "All's Fair in Oven War"
    The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson: Homer defaces the Statue of Liberty and all of NYC comes after him.

Blog Entries

Homer vs. Dignity: Homer is pit against Kirk van Houten’s Pictionary drawing of dignity.

Blog Entries

Homer Loves Flanders: Homer realizes that his hatred of Ned is actually just sexual repression, and that deep down, he's actually in love with him. Homer divorces Marge, leaves his family, and admits his feelings towards Ned. Ned must now decide between his extreme Christian beliefs and or taking another chance of finding love. Final appearance of Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie as main characters.

The Italian Bob: Sideshow Bob disguises himself as an Italian (meaning he wears a mustache and talks in a stereotypical accident) as part of a plot to kill Bart at Luigi's. Naturally, this disguise fools everyone and he almost kills Bart, until Bob is arrested by the police, who thinks he's an illegal immigrant, and deport him to Italy.

Married to the Blob: After getting injured at work and having to stay at home, Homer becomes so fat, he's now immobile, forcing Marge to get a job. Marge begins to resent Homer for how completely useless he is now.

Marge's Son Poisoning: After Bart gets poisoned, Marge tries to find out who was behind it. It turns out it was Homer, who put poison in Bart's lunch by accident, but Marge forgives him for it because she's happy he tried to make lunch for the kids for once.
    Last edited by AlphaOmega; 05-20-2016 at 03:21 PM.

Blog Entries

I forgot to do one.

While "The Frying Game" would take the plot of "All's Fair in Oven War". that episode....

The Simpsons' oven comes to life at the same time as the Flanders' oven to try to prove which one is best.

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

Yeah, I always used to group those two episodes together in my head just because of that.

Blog Entries

Can I throw in Gump Roast too (when I was a kid I actually thought that was the title of All’s Fair in Oven War)?

Thread Information