5 20.83%
  • 1/5 *drives over stewie/chris/brian*

2 8.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R&R Family Guy "Stewie, Chris & Brian's Excellent Adventure"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

R&R Family Guy "Stewie, Chris & Brian's Excellent Adventure"

Stewie and Brian take Chris back in time to help him pass a school project. R&R after it airs.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

1/5 poll for not including 'bogus'

A World Without Lawyers HerbertMcHoover's Avatar

Peter Griffin? There.

lol you're sleeping with consequences

The rest of this was pretty below average for this season. Could have been like Road to the Multiverse, but it was not that funny. Brian's relationship line at the end was alright. The ending was weak, yet funny.

Blog Entries

2.5/5 worst time travel ep so far. disappointing. good jokes were too few and far between though the titanic was a cool setpiece

Blog Entries

pretty good. hated the peter/lois stuff in act 1 which was just more tired "our marriage stinks" jokes and act 2 was slightly too slapdash but the titanic stuff was entertaining. especially liked the karaoke gag. admittedly falls short compared to the other time travel eps, but as a showcase of history jokes it worked alright. 3.5/5

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

After a godawful episode from last month which might even be one of my least favorite Family Guy episodes, it's nice to see a Family Guy episode that's actually good. This was a very funny, sometimes hilarious episode. Most of the jokes worked and that Ernest Hemingway joke... I'm actually surprised by how hard I laughed at that. It's not the best time travel episode, but it is pretty good and it was overall a very fun episode. 8/10

This is probably the last good episode we're going to see from Family Guy for a while. I don't have high hopes for Our Idiot Brian and I'm dreading the day that This Little Piggy airs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Homer View Post
    I guess this is the same Nicholson who did Joker in the Batman 1989 movie.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Meh. The showcase in act 2 of different points in history had some funny moments, and I liked some of the Titanic stuff. Rest was just really bland, especially for a time travel episode. Also once again shows how little of a character Chris is, reminding me he really is just Peter Jr. at this point, which just saddens me when he does random idiot lines and acts like a complete jerkass.

Overall: 2/5.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

Wow, surprised to see such negative reception of this one so far. Personally, I loved it. It was just really fun from start to finish. Can't think of a single gag or element in the episode that I had a problem with. 5/5

Oh, and I guess we got one of the 3 remaining appearances that Tony Sirico was contracted for outside of playing Vinny.
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

^haha thought the same thing.

I honestly thought this was a perfect "turn your brain off" family guy with silly jokes and not much (useless violence aside) that would piss me off. Had a good time. 4/5
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Junior Camper

I had high hopes for this episode after the last travesty but this was completely funny-free I'm afraid and it implied Jesus is a drug-addicted sodomite.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edwithmj View Post
    it implied Jesus is a drug-addicted sodomite.
    *GASP* FAMILY GUY MADE A POTENTIALLY OFFENSIVE JOKE REGARDING JESUS!?

Excuse me while I go alert the press.

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

So Brian is that terrible of a person/dog that Hemingway killed himself thirty years early?

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    *GASP* FAMILY GUY MADE A POTENTIALLY OFFENSIVE JOKE REGARDING JESUS!?

Excuse me while I go alert the press.
    I was referring to the fact that only one episode ago, they were making fun of Jesus and they're doing it again in the next episode. i.e. the writers have run out of ideas. Obviously, my reference was wasted on you although thanks for taking the trouble to create that collage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Smiley View Post
    So Brian is that terrible of a person/dog that Hemingway killed himself thirty years early?
    that would be the idea, yes

3/5 for me. It was basically yet another time travel episode where something goes wrong with the return device, and I thought the jokes weren't always good, very hit-or-miss.

Although I too thought that more people would like this one, probably because that's what usually happens with time travel episodes.

Blog Entries

I was referring to the fact that only one episode ago, they were making fun of Jesus and they're doing it again in the next episode. i.e. the writers have run out of ideas. Obviously, my reference was wasted on you although thanks for taking the trouble to create that collage.
    Because taking the guts of 2 minutes to paste a bunch of pics from a Google image search into paint was a real burden of a task. Also, you don't exactly specify that them recycling targets was your problem. All you note is that you were hoping that this episode was going to be better than the last, which you disliked, then go on to say that they said bad things about Jesus. It comes off more like you were offended that they did that rather than being like "They just did a whole episode about Jesus".

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had high hopes for this episode after the last travesty but this was completely funny-free I'm afraid and it implied Jesus is a drug-addicted sodomite.
    What's wrong with Jesus being gay?
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

This was pretty good, almost on the level with last week's episode. The only real reason I gave this a lower grade is because there were a couple of failed jokes, most notably the terrible Jane Austen joke which I cringe just thinking about it. I always like seeing more of Chris and his dynamic with Stewie is pretty interesting, since it's not really until fairly recently that they've begun exploring that bond. The storyline was very interesting and original for being a time travel episode, not to mention it even had a good ending, something Family can sometimes can struggle to have (the ending to Brian The Closer was pretty awful, for example, and The Book Of Joe, while having a funny ending, didn't have a satisfying pay-off to the main plot). The jokes about history were for the most time clever, not to mention Tiny Sirico's appearance was ten times funnier than in any of the Vinnie episodes. I knew he would appear, but I didn't expect it to be as hysterically funny as it was.
    My only true complaint is that it made Chris a little too dumb. I mean, he almost always is, but he seemed even more retarded than usual.
    Anyway, I had a very good time and I'm glad to see I'm not in the minority thinking so now. 8.5/10

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

I think Chris is playing at being dumb. He killed a man in the past who is either the grandfather or great-grandfather of his history teacher. I think Chris knew what he was doing and was aware the entire time they were time traveling and not dreaming.

Blog Entries

This was unspectacular. The second act just felt like they wanted to burn off some deleted scenes, and the third act was generally laugh free. Not to say it didn't have its moments - laughed pretty hard at the Rupert gag at the end of the first act and Stewie not being in the mood to save the Titanic. I guess it merits a 2.5/5? Felt bizarrely uninspired and unfunny for being a time travel episode.

Anyone know who Hank Azaria voiced? None of the characters sounded like him.

Curiouser and curiouser MindQuad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 View Post
    Meh. The showcase in act 2 of different points in history had some funny moments, and I liked some of the Titanic stuff. Rest was just really bland, especially for a time travel episode. Also once again shows how little of a character Chris is, reminding me he really is just Peter Jr. at this point, which just saddens me when he does random idiot lines and acts like a complete jerkass.

Overall: 2/5.
    Exactly why FG crashed and burned so hard when it came back, because Chris WAS a character at one point. Now he's either nonexistent, or as you put it, Peter Jr. It's hard to even consider him a son character because he almost never has character based stories/conflicts with his dad...in fact Peter and Chris have no relationship at all. Think about how many great comedy and stories have come from the Stan and Steve pairing. Why? Because they are diametrically opposed characters in almost every way and their conflicts have emotional heft and ring true to life. It allows for a realistic relationship and gives the jokes an added dimension that's lost on Family Guy.

I miss the days when Chris was an artist afraid to quit the Scout Rangers and upset his dad by telling him he was more interested in art. The moment at the end where Peter accepts him but still gives look of slight disappointment behind his back as they hug is such an emotionally honest moment that says more about their relationship than any episode in the past decade has.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MindQuad View Post
    I miss the days when Chris was an artist afraid to quit the Scout Rangers and upset his dad by telling him he was more interested in art. The moment at the end where Peter accepts him but still gives look of slight disappointment behind his back as they hug is such an emotionally honest moment that says more about their relationship than any episode in the past decade has.
    I still like Chris, but you know, you have a point after all. Chris never was the brightest kid, but he used to really have his own ideals and showed sometimes he wasn't on the same level as his father. Hell, he could even say something smart. (I laughed so hard at the end where he suddenly very seriously talked about the dangers of drugs)
    I'm not really sure how stable their relationship is by now. He's still much nicer than his father at least.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MindQuad View Post
    I miss that too. Chris was once a rather sweet character, even if he was kind of stupid. Now he's this mentally unstable retard with passive psychopathic tendencies that spends the majority of his free time masturbating and doing incestuous stuff with Meg. They can revert him to a shell of the sweet guy when the plot needs it, but then it's right back to being his modern FG self.

I will say this much for the newer version of Chris. I really like the growing frequency over the past few seasons or so with which he can understand and converse with Stewie. Not sure when exactly the started to phase this in (Earliest I can think of is "Extra, Large, Medium" where they get lost in the woods together and then Stewie helps him ask out the girl with Down Syndrome) but it's a welcome dynamic.

Blog Entries

if any family guy episode has a subplot widely outshining the main plot, it's extra large medium

the peter plot is completely forgettable but man that song is catchy to the point of me not even caring that it takes over nearly a fourth of the episode

Blog Entries

The plot was okay and most of the jokes were so-so. My only major complaint would be that disturbing fart joke with whoever that historical figure was (I can't remember her name), which was unnecessary. Eh, I'll give it a low 3/5, which chalks it up to a solid C+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot76 View Post
    don't feel threatened by a dude who gargles mayonnaise

I am totally perplexed by the end of this episode. Chris is shown to be ungrateful, unintelligent, incapable of learning but... he throws a guy off a boat and suddenly he's redeemed in Stewie's eyes?

Banned

Decent FG ep, since it was a time travel episode which is the only kind that are worth watching any more.

Chris was pretty pointless as always, although most of the cutaways were amusing to a point.

3/5, 6/10, C+

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    Because taking the guts of 2 minutes to paste a bunch of pics from a Google image search into paint was a real burden of a task. Also, you don't exactly specify that them recycling targets was your problem. All you note is that you were hoping that this episode was going to be better than the last, which you disliked, then go on to say that they said bad things about Jesus. It comes off more like you were offended that they did that rather than being like "They just did a whole episode about Jesus".
    It's flattering that you're so obsessed with my likes and dislikes but I'm dating someone at the moment so sorry, not interested.
    No need to make light of your artistic efforts! Feel free to waste your time and make more lovely collages for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Snospitmmer SimpEhtson View Post

What's wrong with Jesus being gay?
    From your perspective, nothing I guess.
    Last edited by edwithmj; 01-26-2015 at 04:27 AM.

Blog Entries

I like that this took nearly 2 weeks to garner a snarky response.

Blog Entries

From your perspective, nothing I guess.
    So that means you are a homophobe.

Thread Information