Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Banned

Elder Scrolls Thread

Just playing Skyrim right now, and I was wondering if there were other Elder Scrolls fans here.

Blog Entries

I have the entire TES collection on PC. In addition, my favourite race is the Argonian, my favourite piece of armour is the Masque of Claviscus Vile, and my favourite game is Skyrim. What is your favourite TES race and game? If I'm not mistaken, isn't that Cicero in your AV?
    Last edited by pax; 11-27-2014 at 10:57 AM.

Banned

Favourite race is the Dark Elves, and Oblivion is my favourite game from the series. I liked Oblivion's storyline better than Skyrim, as well as the add-ons.

And yes, this is Cicero in my avatar.

Blog Entries

Cicero always gives me the creeps. Oblivion comes very close to Skyrim for me due to its character customisation and weaponry, but Skyrim beats it due to the exploration. What location would you like to see the next ES game take place in? I'd like to see more of Argonia, due to its largely unknown and myserious history.
    Last edited by pax; 11-27-2014 at 11:15 AM.

Banned

Elsweyr, there were barely any Kahjiits on Skyrim that were not Bandits, and I kinda want to see what awaits in Elsweyr.

wanna live like common people Elliot76's Avatar

one of the best game series of all time.
    FLAWLESS

Got 1, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim on my PC.

Khajiits and Argonions are my go-to races.
    "Maybe there is no moral. Maybe its just a bunch of stuff that happened."
    - The Simpsons

Blog Entries

Elsweyr would be great, because this would be the first time we get to explore desert terrain. There's a female NPC in Skyrim who calls Elsweyr's deserts and jungles "beautiful", but then proceeds to call Elsweyr terrible. I agree with you, Khajiit and Argonians are the races I always choose. I've never chosen a human or an elf.
    Last edited by pax; 11-27-2014 at 11:33 AM.

Banned

My current Skyrim file is a Dark Elf Vampire. I've started the Dawnguard questline so I can join the Volkihar Vampires.

Blog Entries

I regretted becoming a vampire. All that blood boiling stuff, I hated.

Banned

Dawnguard solved that problem with Auriel's Bow. Makes it look as if there is a blood moon out rather than no Sun too when you blot it out.

Banned

I am now a Vampire Lord and I have 3 Perks. I'll be filling the Bloodstone Chalice next time I play.

Blog Entries

Skyrim suffers from the same problems that the two most recent Fallout games do; in that it has an beautifully crafted world with rich history and lore, but gameplay that is often mediocre and systems that are unintuitive. Don't get me wrong, I have sunk countless hours into the game but it has some pretty glaring flaws that a lot of people seem to ignore: the characters are dull and sometimes poorly written, the combat is incredibly basic, there are bugs and glitches galore; and the menu system is very clunky. Of course a lot of this is made up for by the enormous world and the interesting lore, but its still a very flawed game that could do with some refinement and revamped gameplay systems.
    Season 26 Ratings:
    Clown in the Dumps, 3/10; The Wreck of the Relationship, 5/10; Super Franchise Me, 5/10; Treehouse of Horror XXV, 7/10; Opposites A-Frack, 6/10; Simpsorama, 7/10; Blazed and Confused, 7/10; Covercraft, 5/10; I Won't Be Home for Christmas, 8/10; The Man Who Came To Be Dinner, 7/10; Bart's New Friend, 5/10; The Musk Who Fell to Earth, 3/10;

I Review Every Episode In No Particular Order
    Twitter | YouTube

Blog Entries

The PC version fixes most of those issues with the thousands of mods it offers.

Temporary Talking Head Suomynona's Avatar

Only played Skyrim. It was the most overrated game ever, but it was still a fun sandbox fantasy game.

Global Moderator Smiling Politely's Avatar

I have all five games and all of their expansions for PC. Been playing for... a little over a decade? Morrowind is easily my favourite. I liked Skyrim better than Oblivion (the story is better and more rewarding, it introduced some new stuff to the series, and it was much more fun and interesting for exploration). I did think that Skyrim didn't have as much replay value as the previous games though. The first two games were decent enough, but not really comparable to the later three. I haven't played TESO yet since it's ridiculously pricey.
    Last edited by Smiling Politely; 11-30-2014 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aVintageTURKEY View Post
    The PC version fixes most of those issues with the thousands of mods it offers.
    Sure, but as far as I'm concerned, a game should play right straight from the release. There was an unusually high amount of bugs in Skyrim.

I really enjoyed playing Skyrim, but have never ended up playing for long enough to finish the game. My playing pattern usually goes something like this: play for a while, level up/hoard gear, get tired of level grinding, play something else, eventually come back to Skyrim, forget what the hell I was doing before and start a new character instead

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dr. Cactus

Blog Entries

Agreed, but the mods do add much needed replay value. I played Skyrim on the 360, and haven't started anyone new as I barely have enough time for one game now.

PC gaming wasn't easily accessible to me because my computers couldn't handle it. I've only played 360 versions of Oblivion+expansions (which I loved) and I'm actually still dipping into Skyrim+expansions when I can. I held off on completing the main story and filled my time up with sidequests and factions. I left off trying to fully construct all my houses in the Hearthfire DLC and started Dawnguard, but haven't yet initiated Dragonborn. I'm pretty boring so I always just pick a female Nord and I go with light armor/equipment. I use magic a lot more in Skyrim than I ever did in Oblivion. If I had more time to invest in the games, I'd probably try out being Khajiit.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Banned

I crafted the Aetherial Crown this morning, and I have The Ritual Stone power stored inside it, so now I can summon undead armies an unlimited amount of times a day.

Blog Entries

I once cloned my Argonian character, then set it as my follower. It was fun, but the armour you give the clone never stays.

Banned

I'm at the Soul Cairin on my vampire file. No way to raise an undead army here, so I'm in my Vampire Lord form and I have all the perks so I can just summon Gargoyles to do the fighting for me.

Lots of mentions of Skyrim and Oblivion, but has anyone played the first three games at all?

Banned

Yeah, I played Morrowind for a bit when I borrowed it from my sister but I didn't really progress that far.

Banned

Welp, I have a castle now so I don't need to bother building houses or buying them from tge stewards. Saves alot of gold, and the castle is more suitable for my Vampire than any other Skyrim house.

Blog Entries

@Sanguine requested a new krew for the Elder Scrolls series and it is now live. Check out the permission groups in your profile settings if you wanna join!

Morrowind was pretty decent. I think I might even say it's a better game overall than Oblivion. Once you get to the point where you're managing all those hell gates, it gets to be kind of a pain in the ass, because you can't really focus on sidequests or exploring.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jims View Post
    @Sanguine requested a new krew for the Elder Scrolls series and it is now live. Check out the permission groups in your profile settings if you wanna join!
    Thanks! These look good.

Blog Entries

played morrowind once. don't remember it

i have skyrim and i always play as the lizard. he looks cool. have not and probably will never beat it. it's pretty good but i prefer fallout

I really prefer the main story of Morrowind over any of the other games. The overall feel of the game. And visually, even though the graphics are obviously not as good, I think it had a really beautiful artistic element that wasn't as present in any of the other games. In my opinion, it has a lot more replay value, and a lot more going for it. Don't get me wrong, there's stuff that the other games made better (the Dark Brotherhood is superior to the Morag Tong, for example), but as a whole, I think Morrowind has more going for it. Then again, I do know that I will always view Morrowind through slight nostalgia goggles since it's the game that really got me into gaming.

Banned

I'm not sure which game out of Oblivion or Skyrim had the worst problems in Tamriel.

In Oblivion, The Daedra tried to invade Tamriel, a city was destroyed and all the Septim family were killed and if you have the DLCs, chapels are being attacked and burnt down.

In Skyrim, the Empire was controlled by High Elves, Dragons returned to Tamriel, a town was destroyed, Skyrim is in a civil war and if you get the DLCs, Vampires attack cities, The Sun gets blotted out (if you do it) and Solstheim's residents are falling under Miraak's command.

I think overall Skyrim has the worst troubles in Tamriel. What does everyone else think?

Thread Information