Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Bill Cosby's rape allegations

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Azarath metrion zinthos! Sweet_Potatoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    There are memes about it now? Worst I've seen is a few comments on Reddit/Imgur to the effect of what I predicted earlier in the thread with regards his "Zip zop zoobity bop" stuff saying he's a "Rip-rap-rippity-rapist".
    I'm not sure how old the memes are, but they're far from amusing. One of them is about getting his "rape hat". Innocence or guilt set aside, rape is one of those things that doesn't need memes made about it (although memes are now an annoying trend I wish would die off.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Potatoes View Post
    I'm not sure how old the memes are, but they're far from amusing. One of them is about getting his "rape hat". Innocence or guilt set aside, rape is one of those things that doesn't need memes made about it (although memes are now an annoying trend I wish would die off.)
    It's his own fucking fault. He had his PR people build a meme creator for his website and then advertised it across social media, asking people to make him a meme. So the internet hijacked his publicity stunt and used it for some social justice, making memes about his rape accusations instead of sweaters and pudding pops.

And tell me, what mother fucking money would women such as Dickinson need? You don't fucking get rich off taking your rapist to court, you get exhausted, insulted, abused, and you relive the trauma all over again. When women settle out of court or sue in civil court, they deserve every goddamn penny they get. Rape destroys lives and it absolutely hurts victims in all areas of life INCLUDING financially.
    🔮Marianne Williamson 2020🔮

Blog Entries

yeah i don't like rape jokes or memes, but #CosbyMeme works, because it was for a more noble cause than just 'lol rape' and apparently it was what helped some of the women come forward

Global Moderator Smiling Politely's Avatar

Am I the only one super uncomfortable reading comparisons of an actor who committed suicide to an actor who committed rape? Like this doesn't get less icky for me the more times I see people do it.

Blog Entries

It implies the common thread is that they both unexpectedly did something tragic which ruined their own lives.

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: c l o n e

To the rapistrape is less dramatic than one would think, and the rapist might not even know he's doing it. Rape is more common than people realise, and is done 99% by "regular people", friends & relatives.
    The Innocent-Until-Proven-Quilty angle would be better if rape cases was something I'd trust the government in any country to judge fairly... Also the point that at this point it seems extremely unlikely that he was innocent. That it's a classic case of being defensive just cause he's a celebrity, or worse, of sexism, shouldn't escape you!

being a rape apologist? Oh, you better believe that's a paddlin'!
    Even the noblest concerto can be stripped of its beauty and soul

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling Politely View Post
    Am I the only one super uncomfortable reading comparisons of an actor who committed suicide to an actor who committed rape? Like this doesn't get less icky for me the more times I see people do it.
    In what context do people compare the two? Because if it's a general, "I'm surprised that _____ would do that" comparison, then fine. But saying that they're both in the category of "unexpected and horrible occurrences" doesn't necessarily make a value statement that suicide is the same thing as rape.

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Potatoes View Post
    I'm glad those are made. That bastard deserves all the flack he may get.
    (No, I absolutely don't think he's innocent)
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

the protagonist of reality Two Guys, a Girl, and a kat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Way to completely miss the point of that post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spamtasm View Post

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Snrub View Post
    Way to completely miss the point of that post.
    I don't understand what you mean. He's a horrible person. He doesn't deserve any goddamn respect at all.

the protagonist of reality Two Guys, a Girl, and a kat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I get that, but that wasn't the point of the post you quoted at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snospitmmer SimpEhtson View Post

I don't understand what you mean. He's a horrible person. He doesn't deserve any goddamn respect at all.
    She was saying that it's awful that so many people are making rape jokes.

Release the hounds... Sinister Burns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snospitmmer SimpEhtson View Post

Is that really for you to say?

15. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pilcrow

that a rapist doesn't deserve respect? i'd say that's for anyone to say

Alleged rapist. One who's done enormous work in the world of entertainment to boot.

Blog Entries

man you need to forget that. who cares if he was some lovable tv dad, he's a rapist.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

Yes because how he acts on tv truely shows his morality, not how he acts in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

Quote Originally Posted by turkmented View Post
    man you need to forget that. who cares if he was some lovable tv dad, he's a rapist.
    Let me know how that argument works out in court. He's not a rapist until a judge says so.

Blog Entries

I hope you're not serious. Saying that he's was some loveable dad character isn't going to persuade shit in the court of law. Especially against rape allegations.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Burns View Post
    Let me know how that argument works out in court. He's not a rapist until a judge says so.
    i have no idea what this post means. are you implying that his "good deeds" are enough to allow him a few "screw-ups"?

really we just need to drop Cosby's entertainment career from this. bill cosby is a man who 10+ women claim sexually abused them. the fact that some people wrote words for him that said nice things is totally irrelevant. just focus on the man being charged.

and yeah i know he's not officially a rapist until a judge says so but from my POV he seems guilty as hell so W/E!

Blog Entries

So just because he's a rapist, that discredits everything good he has ever done? Cosby has done a fair amount of philanthropic work, most notably a $20 million donation to Spelman College and the establishment of the Hello Friend/Ennis William Cosby Foundation. Back in his heyday, his comedy entertained millions (I remain a big fan of his comedy), and the way he acted on camera was likely a positive influence for many. I'm not defending Cosby for what he has possibly done (none of his positive actions can excuse him if he is found guilty), but it saddens me to learn that this scandal will taint all of the positive things he has done and that Cosby will be remembered for doing such horrible things.
    Last edited by pilcrow; 11-22-2014 at 10:19 PM.

Blog Entries

yes raping people does make him a pretty shitty guy

i have no idea what this post means. are you implying that his "good deeds" are enough to allow him a few "screw-ups"?
    That's exactly what I'm not saying, although I had a feeling you would misinterpret it that way.

Blog Entries

thanks for clarifying what you intended to say.

Blog Entries

Never said he wasn't. However shitty of a guy he is, I think there is still merit in what he's done in the entertainment industry, and I don't want for the world to remember him as only this horrible rapist when in fact he's done some good work in comedy.

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam

Blog Entries

Never said he wasn't. However shitty of a guy he is, I think there is still merit in what he's done in the entertainment industry, and I don't want for the world to remember him as only this horrible rapist when in fact he's done some good work in comedy.

Blog Entries

I dont like how some people in this thread are focusing on how the rape allegations will effect cosby's reputation instead of focusing on the actual victims and the fact that he very well could have raped countless girls. Who the fuck gives a shit about his reputation if this is true?! This is a fucking horrible thing.

Blog Entries

Also defending him because he has done some "good in the entertainment industry" is like defending John Wayne Gacy before he molested and murdered a bunch of kids because before that he was a loveable and charitable clown!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    none of his positive actions can excuse him if he is found guilty
    I'm not defending him.

Yes, there's no denying rape is a completely horrible thing. I was mainly replying to OSS's comments (which echoes a lot of other comments I've heard) about how he can no longer enjoy The Cosby Show or anything Bill Cosby-related without thinking of him as a completely horrible rapist. Just as it's important to separate the person from the persona when dealing with the allegations against Cosby, I think it's important to separate the persona from the person when you're looking at Cosby's work.

Blog Entries

i don't know. i think it's reasonable that him being a rapist would taint his works.

Thread Information