Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 346



Thread: Bill Cosby's rape allegations



(Users Browsing this Thread: )

  1. #121
    Pin Pal ThaSimpsonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    558


    Oh yeah, one person actually says what he thinks instead of just talking the same vague nonsense everyone does, and its a bad post. I don't know him either, nobody here does, so I could be right or wrong, but I just think there's a million Hollywood people more able to do things like rape, but from Cosby I just don't believe that he would do that, he doesn't seem unstable enough.

  2. #122
    Pin Pal ThaSimpsonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    558


    Quote Originally Posted by Swoony View Post
    Yes these women are coming out and saying they've been raped just to get attention.
    So no women have ever done that? That's very naive if you don't believe they would do that for attention, been plenty of these cases before and not all of them were speaking the truth.

  3. #123
    Your Deer Friend ThatsAPaddlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The Simpsons are going to Delaware!
    Posts
    4,888
    Blog Entries
    7


    Quote Originally Posted by ThaSimpsonz View Post
    Oh yeah, one person actually says what he thinks instead of just talking the same vague nonsense everyone does, and its a bad post. I don't know him either, nobody here does, so I could be right or wrong, but I just think there's a million Hollywood people more able to do things like rape, but from Cosby I just don't believe that he would do that, he doesn't seem unstable enough.
    Our conversation only seems "vague" to you because you're a fucking idiot.

    I wish mods could threadban people. Your trolling bullshit doesn't merit any further discussion.
    🔮Marianne Williamson 2020🔮



  4. #124
    oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Partying in the burbs
    Posts
    13,600
    Blog Entries
    1


    Also please stop with the idea that only really evil, twisted people commit sexual assualt when it clearly isn't true.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist


  5. #125
    d=(^_^)z kupomog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Mililani, HI
    Posts
    37,986


    I don't know this "Cosby" guy at all, but despite the 15+ women accusing him starting well over a decade ago, I will choose to believe that they randomly banded together to smear our favorite TV dad, and that this career actor couldn't possibly be capable of rape because he's too normal and surely rapists are only crazed, unstable strangers and never an otherwise totally "normal" acquaintance, family member, or partner.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned


  6. #126
    Pin Pal ThaSimpsonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    558


    If you guys really want a discussion, then don't react with offending me for having an opinion then, that's a bit hypocrite don't you think? @spruce no I didn't say that, I just said he didn't seem as an unstable person to me, I don't think people who rape are stable..

  7. #127
    withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,271


    I'm offended that you have such fucking stupid opinions. Why wouldn't I be? How is that hypocritical?


  8. #128
    oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Partying in the burbs
    Posts
    13,600
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by ThaSimpsonz View Post
    If you guys really want a discussion, then don't react with offending me for having an opinion then, that's a bit hypocrite don't you think? @spruce no I didn't say that, I just said he didn't seem as an unstable person to me, I don't think people who rape are stable..
    http://www.rapecrisis.org.uk/commonmyths2.php

    Myth Men who rape or sexually assault are mentally ill or monsters.

    Fact Studies have indicated that as few as 5% of men are psychotic at the time of their crimes. Few convicted rapists are referred for psychiatric treatment.
    You don't have to be unstable to be a rapist, any normal man who allows a lapse in his moral code could be a rapist.

    Oh, and also:
    Myth Women often make up stories or lie about being raped.

    Fact For anyone who has been raped or sexually assaulted, whether or not to report to the police can be a difficult decision. At present, it's estimated that only 15% of the 85,000 women who are raped and over 400,000 who are sexually assaulted in England and Wales every year report. One significant reason many women and girls tell us they don't go to the police is because of their fear of not being believed.


  9. #129
    Your Deer Friend ThatsAPaddlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The Simpsons are going to Delaware!
    Posts
    4,888
    Blog Entries
    7


    We only teach very young children that there's no such thing as "bad' opinions because they're too young to understand things like being blinded by hubris and tolerance vs enabling. We give them a very simplistic, easy to understand reason to listen to each other and adults and be respectful.

    As an adult, you are expected to have learned since then that there ARE bad and wrong opinions. An opinion can absolutely be wrong if it is not based on facts; doubly so if it is based on outright lies and bigotry.

  10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

  11. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    i don't know where i am
    Posts
    20,889
    Blog Entries
    126


    Quote Originally Posted by The Spruce Moose View Post
    http://www.rapecrisis.org.uk/commonmyths2.php



    You don't have to be unstable to be a rapist, any normal man who allows a lapse in his moral code could be a rapist.

    Oh, and also:
    While I'm obviously not saying that most woman who say they were raped are lying, there have been cases where people have been accused of rape and it turns out it either didn't happen or was exaggerated to some extent. Take William Roache for instance.

  12. #131
    Pin Pal ThaSimpsonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    558


    Spruce you always get your human knowledge and morals off a website?
    But seriously, if my opinion is wrong then it's wrong, let's just wait and see the verdict of these cases if they go to court and then we'll talk further.

  13. #132
    Your Deer Friend ThatsAPaddlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The Simpsons are going to Delaware!
    Posts
    4,888
    Blog Entries
    7


    Quote Originally Posted by N Wilbury View Post
    While I'm obviously not saying that most woman who say they were raped are lying, there have been cases where people have been accused of rape and it turns out it either didn't happen or was exaggerated to some extent. Take William Roache for instance.
    Not only are the rates of false reports for rape exactly the same as for other crimes such as armed robbery (rates which are low to begin with), in the case of rape, a woman being charged with a false report for recanting her story does NOT prove she was lying. The process is so absolutely awful, the prospect of just saying you lied to make it all go away becomes very appealing.

  14. #133
    oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Partying in the burbs
    Posts
    13,600
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by ThaSimpsonz View Post
    Spruce you always get your human knowledge and morals off a website?
    No, I get facts and research off the internet when I want to support my arguments.

    Quote Originally Posted by N Wilbury View Post
    While I'm obviously not saying that most woman who say they were raped are lying, there have been cases where people have been accused of rape and it turns out it either didn't happen or was exaggerated to some extent. Take William Roache for instance.
    We all know it happens, but the number of instances this happens are dwarfed by the number of instances in which a victim doesn't speak up out of fear, and often it's a fear that they won't be believed, so i'm going to go ahead and take any accusations with some evidence behind them seriously until it's decided in a court of law that they are false.


  15. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    i don't know where i am
    Posts
    20,889
    Blog Entries
    126


    Quote Originally Posted by The Spruce Moose View Post
    We all know it happens, but the number of instances this happens are dwarfed by the number of instances in which a victim doesn't speak up out of fear, and often it's a fear that they won't be believed, so i'm going to go ahead and take any accusations with some evidence behind them seriously until it's decided in a court of law that they are false.
    I'm well aware of that, yes. And I'd imagine that being raped by a celebrity such as Jimmy Savile brings in other elements too, such as victims being ignored because "How dare they accuse a beloved celebrity of raping someone" and the recurring pain or fear of seeing said celebrity on TV and being treated as completely innocent. Yes those problems are obviously there if you are raped by a non-celebrity too but there are still extra things to take into consideration when it is a celebrity.

  16. #135
    d=(^_^)z kupomog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Mililani, HI
    Posts
    37,986


    Really hate when people are like "but you know, some people lie about it."


  17. #136
    Ms. Mederma Shot! D DEBBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vista, CA
    Posts
    19,848


    As a kid, I liked Bill Cosby (Fat Albert and his record albums).

    As an adult, I find him absolutely arrogant that he turns me off.

  18. #137
    Dinner at 80 mph lionelhutz123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    5,780
    Blog Entries
    24


    Quote Originally Posted by ThaSimpsonz View Post
    I don't believe any of this, seriously of almost anyone I could've believed it but not Bill Cosby of all people, lol. Pretty certain these are just a few bitches who once knew him and are now trying to get some attention on air with a pack of made up stories.
    what are you laughing about? you honestly think every rapist and murderer is some supervillain living up on the hill? have you never seen a news report where the neighbors say "He/she seemed normal"? a better question is do you even have to? you have to be most ignorant nave person if can't get your head around the fact that a cushy personality who is broadcast on tv is a human being just like rest of us and may be capable of some of the worst acts a human being can commit. how can you be so blind to that yet SO certain it's just "bitches" spinning lies? you obviously don't understand human nature or how the world works at all if you're letting what's shown on the tv screen govern your perspective.

    and your opinion is wrong because you formed it wrong so stop hiding behind it. it's also how you presented it that makes you look like a 15 year old misogynist and the fact that you thought it somehow fit seamlessly into the discussion was insulting. you should be ashamed of yourself.
    Last edited by lionelhutz123; 11-21-2014 at 09:10 PM.


  19. #138
    Pin Pal ThaSimpsonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    558


    Of course people who seem normal could be the very opposite, I'm not being naive, I just don't believe that that's the case here. Cosby seemed like one of the very few normal people in show business, who's always seemed honest in his interviews and all. He had 0 reason to rape women, and also, a black man who raped white women, c'mon that's just way too juicy of a story, I just don't buy it. Did it really never cross your mind that those women could do this for money or attention? If you say you're not naive to believe that people who seem normal can never do bad things, then you should also not be naive to believe that people won't every say these things for money/attention. But as I said, who knows what happend, we might not ever find out, but I just don't believe it - sue me.
    Anyway, this isn't one of those things that affect our lives in any way, so chill out.

  20. #139
    withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,271


    10 PEOPLE(so far i think) HAVE SAID HE RAPED THEM YOU BRAIN DEAD SHITHEAD. This doesn't affect my life directly but I would say the culture that has been created that allows men to rape womyn and not be held accountable out of fear is something that hurts us all.


  21. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    i don't know where i am
    Posts
    20,889
    Blog Entries
    126


    Quote Originally Posted by ThaSimpsonz View Post
    Of course people who seem normal could be the very opposite, I'm not being naive, I just don't believe that that's the case here. Cosby seemed like one of the very few normal people in show business, who's always seemed honest in his interviews and all. He had 0 reason to rape women, and also, a black man who raped white women, c'mon that's just way too juicy of a story, I just don't buy it. Did it really never cross your mind that those women could do this for money or attention? If you say you're not naive to believe that people who seem normal can never do bad things, then you should also not be naive to believe that people won't every say these things for money/attention. But as I said, who knows what happend, we might not ever find out, but I just don't believe it - sue me.
    Anyway, this isn't one of those things that affect our lives in any way, so chill out.
    Look at Rolf Harris. He was an entertainer who was genuinely loved by some people (I myself found him entertaining sometimes). If you weren't one of his rape victims or family of a victim you probably would never have guessed that something was up, but it turned out he had a very dark life.

  22. #141


    So while I am late to the party and am somewhat unsure of what to think of the controversy going on, I'm almost willing to believe that these women may indeed be right. Like stated by several, a man doesn't have to be a sickly, diseased, psychotic monster to be a rapist. If it was just one accuser, it would be more likely for someone looking for attention. With several women though, I highly, highly, doubt that it's bullshit now. Guilty until proven innocent. While I'm not quick to pick sides, I for now am going to side with the alleged victims.

    Why did I myself wait a while to discuss my opinion? In a way, I can compare this as to why the women waited. So many were afraid of discussing their events because it takes multiple people to put such a large personality like Bill Cosby in the midst of rational discussion. Why? Because it seems many people would dismiss these claims as being unfounded and blasphemous - why would a loving dad personality from The Cosby Show do something like that? He wore a mask. The mask isn't Bill Cosby; his actions in real life do not reflect of the character on his TV show.

    You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

  23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

  24. #142
    d=(^_^)z kupomog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Mililani, HI
    Posts
    37,986


    Quote Originally Posted by ThaSimpsonz View Post
    Cosby seemed like one of the very few normal people in show business, who's always seemed honest in his interviews and all.
    His profession is acting.

    He had 0 reason to rape women
    There is no good "reason" to rape anyone.


  25. #143
    nsfw pilcrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Californiaphile
    Posts
    15,879
    Blog Entries
    203


    I have to admit that my initial reaction to these allegations was also "Bill Cosby, of all people?" just because of the reputation he's built up as the sweater-wearing TV dad. Same as my surprise at Robin Williams's death because he never gave off that kind of impression on camera. (It's definitely important to separate the person from his persona, though, as seen in both of these cases.) I've always enjoyed Cosby's comedy and he seemed like a positive influence back in his heyday, so I'm disappointed to hear this news, but there really isn't anything that can excuse him if he is guilty. Rape is horrible, regardless if it's done by one of my favorite comedians or a deranged man in a dark alleyway. Still, I'm a firm believer in innocent until proven guilty (although given the amount of accusations that have sprung up, it's unlikely that they are all grabs for attention), and I'm hoping that these allegations are false (not just because I like Bill Cosby, but, much more importantly, because the less rape victims, the better). As for his work, this will certainly taint his career, but I've watched some of his stuff since I heard this news and I'm happy to say that his comedy still holds up for me regardless of his reputation. Hopefully others can do the same and appreciate his work even if he does end up guilty.

    Also, will we ever have a discussion of rape that doesn't end in everyone calling each other fucking morons?


  26. #144
    Just pity laugh Swoony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    9,458
    Blog Entries
    60


    Quote Originally Posted by ThaSimpsonz View Post
    So no women have ever done that? That's very naive if you don't believe they would do that for attention, been plenty of these cases before and not all of them were speaking the truth.
    I never said that. It has happened before. But for you to come to that conclusion right off the bat after multiple women have come out claiming they've been raped and calling them liars is ridiculous. This is why these women were afraid to come out so many years about this, because they knew that nobody would believe them and claim that they're seeking attention! Just because cosby's famous he gets some sort of special treatment regarding the law. I hate when celebrities can cheat the law and get sympathy like this. It's like those delusional beiber fans who say he's just "troubled" when he's not abiding by the law and being a douche.

    Imagine if cosby wasnt a celebrity and these women did come out with the same allegations. And someone said that these women "were just seeking attention." How horrible would that be? It's the same damn thing but apparently people are allowed to defend suspected criminals if they so happen to be celebrities too.


    Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.


  27. #145
    Azarath metrion zinthos! Sweet_Potatoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,617


    First of all, I've got to say I'm surprised that so many people seem to have taken a side on this case. Especially on a board filled with so many openminded people. There isn't enough of evidence either way to support/condemn either party involved. Sure, it's possible that Bill Cosby raped 15 women. And sure, maybe they said nothing at the time because he's famous and they thought he was untouchable. If Bill is indeed guilty, I hope there is some way for him to be found guilty and given an adequate punishment for it.

    At the same time. there is no physical evidence left, and there's no way to bring it back. The statute of limitations prevents him from being charged, especially in a case with no physical evidence. Also, I'm sorry, but I agree with the one or two posters who have mentioned this could be a money grab. Society is so desperate for money, I wouldn't be shocked at all if this was a scam. (NOTE: I am NOT claiming that this is a scam, I am merely open to the possibility of it.)

    I am sort of disgusted at everyone who is deciding they don't support him all because 15 people accused him of something that has such sketchy information about it, it's hard to make a decision (that is, if you're not inclined to believe something just because people said it's true.) I don't see any reason to dislike him. Sure, the case could be true, but innocent until proven guilty. Hell, there isn't even really any circumstantial evidence!

    Also, I'd love to know how not commenting on a case makes him look bad. If he said he didn't do it, that wouldn't make any difference. People would just accuse him of being a liar. If his accusers claiming he raped them is questionable, anything he says in his defense could be questionable as well.

    EDIT: Seeing the memes made about him being a rapist are flat out disgusting, whether the case is true or not. Almost as bad as people deciding someone is guilty without proper evidence.
    Last edited by Sweet_Potatoes; 11-21-2014 at 09:10 PM.

  28. #146
    withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,271


    I just don't have the energy to deal with 4 paragraphs of fucking nonsense that has been refuted if you'd taken time to actually read the thread. Peace out. Fuck pkkako as usual


  29. #147
    Global Moderator The Goode Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11,706
    Blog Entries
    751


    when 10+ people (some of whom are fairly prominent individuals, like janice dickerson, who clearly aren't money-starved) accuse cosby of raping him it lowers the faith to have in the guy.

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.


  30. #148
    merry christmas Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    27,038
    Blog Entries
    5


    yeah I won't deny that probably one of them is lying, but I'd very, very much doubt he isn't guilty-as-hell at this point
    twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

  31. #149
    I'm Bartman. Jims's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,252
    Blog Entries
    3


    Yeah, I usually try to be pretty cautious when jumping to conclusions about guilt, but over 10 accusations from separate people is a lot of accusations. I guess it's not impossible for them all to be copycats, but the probability is so low that it's tough to believe he is innocent.

  32. #150
    Comic Book Me Shaunbadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    28,671
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Potatoes View Post
    EDIT: Seeing the memes made about him being a rapist are flat out disgusting, whether the case is true or not. Almost as bad as people deciding someone is guilty without proper evidence.
    There are memes about it now? Worst I've seen is a few comments on Reddit/Imgur to the effect of what I predicted earlier in the thread with regards his "Zip zop zoobity bop" stuff saying he's a "Rip-rap-rippity-rapist".
    How to remaster



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •