Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Bill Cosby's rape allegations

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Global Moderator The Goode Family's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yeah i'm pretty sure cosby being a rapist has been floating around for a while. the wikipedia page says that by 2000 he had been accused and i'm too lazy to dig deeper

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

@Infinity183 cosby is wrong if the allegations of raping women are true, not for failing to dance around a stereotype in order to avoid racist people from feeling validated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by turkmented View Post
    yeah i'm pretty sure cosby being a rapist has been floating around for a while. the wikipedia page says that by 2000 he had been accused and i'm too lazy to dig deeper
    http://www.vulture.com/2014/09/timel...nst-cosby.html
    🔮Marianne Williamson 2020🔮

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity183 View Post
    It gravely disappoints me that Bill Cosby, of all people, is facing scrutiny for sexual assault because he seemed like such a positive role model for the black community in the United States. He always presented himself as a hard-working and respectful person, and his Cosby Show likely did a lot to open new opportunities for blacks in the media as well as in general. He even spoke out against the vulgar stereotypes of African Americans, giving a nod to MLK integration instead of Malcolm X separatism. His likely broad sexual misconduct completely undermines the credibility of any of the stands he's taken. It's practically the Tiger Woods story all over again.
    Ok so you're saying because he was once such a wholesome family image and because he helped pave the way for black people to get more recognition in the media, that that somehow make it ok for him to rape someone, let alone multiple people? Are you fucking serious? It seems to me that you just can't come to term with the fact that someone that so many people looked up to and enjoyed growing up watching is very well possibly a monster. You are refusing to believe so. You're dismissing all of these women who came forward about their traumatic experiences just because this one celebrity means so much to you. That is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

Blog Entries

Good Morning, Captain NoDeerForAMonth's Avatar

I would of never suspected this.

Also, the small town I'm going to for Thanksgiving is where Bill Cosby lives.

Gonna explode Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm puzzled as to where you guys are getting this from what Infinity said. Isn't she just trying to say that it hurts her because it's such a seemingly unlikely person that did this, and that because he helped with a lot of the values of America, it's hypocrital that he may have raped people? That seems like a perfectly logical statement to me. What am I missing?
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Life on the Fast Lane Homer’s Night Out 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, (Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane 30. Daddicus Finch I Want You (She’s So Heavy) 31. Thanksgiving of Horror Warrin’ Priests (Part Two)

Blog Entries

There was another post that was deleted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    I'm puzzled as to where you guys are getting this from what Infinity said. Isn't she just trying to say that it hurts her because it's such a seemingly unlikely person that did this, and that because he helped with a lot of the values of America, it's hypocrital that he may have raped people? That seems like a perfectly logical statement to me. What am I missing?
    What the actual goddamn fuck

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

Blog Entries

That's fucking dumb. Just because he was a famous comedian and was on a popular family friendly show doesn't make him some all happy go lucky guy. His tv and celebrity persona isn't necessarily how he is in real life. There's tons of cases of people who do shit like this and family and people around them are shocked claiming "oh but he was such a nice guy! It can't be him" Yes, maybe to them, but people twisted enough to commit crimes of this nature clearly would make themselves to appear as such. Keeping it a secret. Haven't you ever seen dateline or anything? It isn't out of the ordinary.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swoony View Post
    That's fucking dumb. Just because he was a famous comedian and was on a popular family friendly show doesn't make him some all happy go lucky guy. His tv and celebrity persona isn't necessarily how he is in real life. There's tons of cases of people who do shit like this and family and people around them are shocked claiming "oh but he was such a nice guy! It can't be him" Yes, maybe to them, but people twisted enough to commit crimes of this nature clearly would make themselves to appear as such. Keeping it a secret. Haven't you ever seen dateline or anything? It isn't out of the ordinary.
    Were some of the darker aspects of Bill Cosby's personality and life relatively well known to the public before all of this? I admit, I haven't really paid attention to him very much over the years, so I still only think of him as the corny sweater-wearing guy who is sometimes really outspoken about certain subjects. Maybe I'm missing something about what we thought beforehand, but a general, "I'm kind of surprised about him" reaction doesn't seem that unusual. It's similar to people saying, wow, I'm surprised Robin Williams would kill himself. People don't actually know these celebrities or pay close attention to them specifically, so they can only really make guesses.

Not saying I agree with Infinity's post in general, but I feel like this everyone-knew-Cosby-was-like-this attitude is a little hindsight-y.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jims View Post
    Were some of the darker aspects of Bill Cosby's personality and life relatively well known to the public before all of this?
    I read about how Cosby as a teenager was fired from a shoe repair job for putting high heels on men's shoes...

Seriously, if this was one woman making accusations, I could 'possibly' think there was someone trying to cash on in on his name, but 14! Goddamn. At this point, I think he's guilty, regardless of what he's projected himself to be.
    Last edited by Patches O'houlihan; 11-20-2014 at 09:02 PM.

At the end of the day we can talk circles around the issue, but until more actual evidence comes out, there's not much anyone can say about it.
    This thread is getting a little too heated for my liking, so I think I'm going to try to keep out of here for a little while...

Blog Entries

Guys, his post is recockulous and awful because, seriously, how the fuck is it hypocritical to accuse someone of a crime just because they may (or may not have) also been a positive influence in society. So what, after a certain amount of social or artistic contributions you earn the right to commit rape?

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsAGobblin View Post
    Guys, his post is recockulous and awful because, seriously, how the fuck is it hypocritical to accuse someone of a crime just because they may (or may not have) also been a positive influence in society. So what, after a certain amount of social or artistic contributions you earn the right to commit rape?
    It's easier to make excuses defending Cosby because of his image than it is to admit to yourself that the man you adored growing up more than likely might be a terrible person who did awful things. Denial and nostalgia are pretty powerful blinders, I guess.

Blog Entries

Please show me the exact phrase in that post where she claimed he had the right to commit rape because of his societal contributions. Because I feel you guys are misinterpreting this. I don't like to participate in heated threads like this, but I am genuinely mystified on where you got this idea.

Blog Entries

Please show me the exact phrase in that post where she claimed he had the right to commit rape because of his societal contributions. Because I feel you guys are misinterpreting this. I don't like to participate in heated threads like this, but I am genuinely mystified on where you got this idea.
    I am commenting on *your* post, where you summed her post up:

and that because he helped with a lot of the values of America, it's hypocrital that he may have raped people
    And then went on to say

That seems like a perfectly logical statement to me.
    Just everything in her statement was wrong, but you support it and leave out all the awfulness

Edit: And I can't quote the post anymore because it's deleted, obv
    Last edited by ThatsAPaddlin; 11-20-2014 at 09:23 PM.

Release the hounds... Sinister Burns's Avatar

And no one should have to fucking apologize if he is found innocent. Found innocent in court=/=actually innocent, especially in the case of rape. We are experiencing a horrible wave of increased misogyny and rape apology and it has been going on for a few years now.
    So much for presumption of innocence. Being found guilty in a court does not guarantee guilt either, but the ruling of the court is accepted as true and correct (subject to appeals), otherwise the entire concept of criminal justice falls over.

If I were wrongfully accused of rape, I would damn well want an apology.

Blog Entries

I did not say it was hypocritical that he was accused of rape; I said it was hypocritcal that he may have committed rape because of all the "good-guy" things that he did during his career. I'm not defending him, and neither is Infinity.

Blog Entries

I did not say it was hypocritical that he was accused of rape; I said it was hypocritcal that he may have committed rape because of all the "good-guy" things that he did during his career. I'm not defending him, and neither is Infinity.
    Wait, I'm realizing I should stop and ask: You did read BOTH posts, right? Or was the second post deleted by the time you started posting?

(the post which remains is still bullshit, of course)

the second post was deleted within 15 minutes of being posted

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hutz View Post
    the second post was deleted within 15 minutes of being posted
    Oh. I didn't even notice it was gone until I went back a bit later.

Blog Entries

Well I apologize, @Financial Panther, you were only able to go by the first post.

To understand part of what is wrong with the post that remains, please refer to the dialogue between Ned and I re: white people speaking for black people, paternalistic attitudes and such.

her cocoa is so chuggable PreciousBodilyFluids's Avatar

Last edited by PreciousBodilyFluids; 11-21-2014 at 01:16 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Meat View Post
    I just hope this means people will stop doing shitty bill cosby impressions and using him as the go-to celebrity for "random" humor
    Nah, now it'll just be jokes where the punchline is "LOL He's a rapist" like so many other celebrities who were either accused or convicted of such abhorrent behavior in the past. Michael Jackson, Kobe Bryant, Jimmy Savile, Mike Tyson, R. Kelly, Ian Watkins, Gary Glitter... the list goes on. Except now these tired old gags will be punctuated with "Zip zop zoobity bop" while the focus is on Cosby.

Then a couple of years will pass and as people forget about the charges against him it'll be right back to wacky impressions and garbled nonsense about "Puddin' Pops!"
    How to remaster

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jims View Post
    Were some of the darker aspects of Bill Cosby's personality and life relatively well known to the public before all of this? I admit, I haven't really paid attention to him very much over the years, so I still only think of him as the corny sweater-wearing guy who is sometimes really outspoken about certain subjects. Maybe I'm missing something about what we thought beforehand, but a general, "I'm kind of surprised about him" reaction doesn't seem that unusual. It's similar to people saying, wow, I'm surprised Robin Williams would kill himself. People don't actually know these celebrities or pay close attention to them specifically, so they can only really make guesses.

Not saying I agree with Infinity's post in general, but I feel like this everyone-knew-Cosby-was-like-this attitude is a little hindsight-y.
    I haven't kept up with Cosby or really ever cared about him. But who in this thread is saying they knew Cosby was the rapist he is? Others and I have merely said that anyone could be a rapist. The idea that rape is mainly committed by figures in the shadows and what not is just laughably outdated given ALL the information we have about sexual assault/rape. Obviously Cosby and the people in his camp (who stand to lose millions) will do anything to remind everyone that Bill was this stern but fair TV dad. like maybe if people took 5 seconds to think about media influence stuff like this wouldn't be as big of a deal as it is.

I also don't know what Infinity's post said in response to me b/c it was deleted before i could read it. But i can safely assume it was a bunch of hogwash.

Plus, I dunno I'm a pretty like lenient person and not out for blood for everyone accused of sexual assault. But when it's more than one person it just gets so impossible to believe that so many people would all collaborate to fuck one person over. It's now out that Carla Ferrigno is one of Cosby's victims and since people seem to value celebrity word over regular people maybe this will shut everyone up.

I don't believe any of this, seriously of almost anyone I could've believed it but not Bill Cosby of all people, lol. Pretty certain these are just a few bitches who once knew him and are now trying to get some attention on air with a pack of made up stories.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSimpsonz View Post
    I don't believe any of this, seriously of almost anyone I could've believed it but not Bill Cosby of all people, lol. Pretty certain these are just a few bitches who once knew him and are now trying to get some attention on air with a pack of made up stories.
    Not sure if sarcasm or cockbaggery

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well we have a new worst post in this thread it seems...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSimpsonz View Post
    Yes these women are coming out and saying they've been raped just to get attention.

Thread Information