View Poll Results: Was it the best of times?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 Best Card Game Related Thing on TV Ever

1 4.17%
  • 4/5 This Episode Really...Puts Me In Attack Mode...yeah i dunno

8 33.33%
  • 3/5 Meh, Still Alot Better than Future Card Buddy Fight

7 29.17%
  • 2/5 Was Really Fucking Gay

6 25.00%
  • 1/5 SOUTH PARK ON MOTORCYCLES!

2 8.33%

Thread: Rate and Review South Park: "Cock Magic"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate and Review South Park: "Cock Magic"

Original Airdate: November 19th, 2014. Kenny excels at playing a trading card game, while the boys do illegal things in the basement of City Wok, and Wendy understands why Stan needs guy time. Oh, and more Randy Lorde stuff probably, or whatever, fuck you. Rate and review after it airs and stuff.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

randy is lorde 1/5

wanna live like common people Elliot76's Avatar

it's going to be absolutely amazing like the rest of the flawless Season 18!
    "Maybe there is no moral. Maybe its just a bunch of stuff that happened."
    - The Simpsons

Blog Entries

I think South Park is just as good as ever

Blog Entries

Well that was shit. 1.5/5. I was debating whether or not it's closer to a 1 or 2 but since I gave Fund Yourself a 2 I guess this can have the same rating as that and I suppose it had a few funny parts to keep it from being worse.

Disappointed that Kenny and Wendy barely did anything. Just roosters playing cards and Randy playing with his penis.

I did like seeing The Star Wars geeks and Wing in the background though.
    Last edited by Dobbie; 11-19-2014 at 07:38 PM.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Besides the sheer shock laughs I got from Randy's cock show (absolutely killed me when he did it in front of the boys, then cringed when I thought he actually messed up at the birthday party, then just confused at the fact I'm actually seeing this), it was pretty boring. Nice to see Wendy and Kenny speak again, though they really didn't do much. Wish they did something with the volleyball team, cause the Cocks playing Magic joke got old really quick.

Overall: 2/5, worst of the Season so far. Hopefully the week break will up the quality of the last 2 episodes, really hoping for more episodes along the quality of the last few episodes to end on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HANDSOME.S4.COMPLETE.XviD View Post
    randy is lorde 1/5

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Shaunbadia

Pretty great stuff, especially Randy's act at the end. The fact that Randy actually had a drummer in the bathroom was hilarious. 4.5/5

Can't wait for AV Club's C+ as usual.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

To Professionalism! DarkDiamond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

AV Club gave it an A-!: http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/south-p...k-magic-212103
    But probably because the reviewer was different to the rest of this season's episodes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swoony View Post
    tell that to trey park and matthew stone

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

Blog Entries

Yowch. Just terrible. I watched the latest Brickleberry episode because it was on and even that was more enjoyable. 1/5

Blog Entries

Eh... not bad but not great either. I really didn't like Randy's subplot, the scene at the kids birthday has to be one of the worst in the show. Maybe some of the tricks were funny. The boys plot was okay, I've never played Magic The Gathering myself so I've probably missed a lot of jokes based around it. I agree they could've done more about Kenny, Wendy and the woman volleyball team. I liked see'ing some of the old nerds back at the first duel.

Overall I didn't find this episode that funny, its probably my new least favorite of the season. I'll give it a 2.5/5, just barely rounded to a 2/5. Maybe if I knew more about MTG it could've been rounded to a 3/5.

Also I bet the ''SOUTH PARK ON MOTORCYCLES!'' written at the 1/5 rating is based off ''CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES!'' from the Yugioh abridged series ?
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

That was pretty bad. I chuckled at "That thing isn't human!" and Randy's antic were a bit amusing but I can't really say the same about cocks playing Magic.

2/5

Average at best, a let down after the past few episodes. Randy's cock magic was waaay overdone by the end. The chicken fights amused me a bit because of that being so annoyingly popular here among Filipinos, and I felt it was a bit creative how they worked in the card game like one of those fights. Definitely wish they would've focused more on the girl's volleyball since I girl's volleyball
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

I thought this was a fun and twisted episode. It might help that I'm a Magic fan (although I had no idea what most of those newer cards were), but I thought it was entertaining and silly without getting too wrapped up in current events. The roosters playing Magic started to get a bit repetitive, but Randy kept the laughs coming for me with his absolutely insane magic show. It might've been the most I've laughed at him since the time he was merrily bouncing around on his genitals. I guess Randy's privates bring consistent laughs for me. Who knew? 4/5

Quote Originally Posted by HANDSOME.S4.COMPLETE.XviD View Post
    randy is lorde 1/5
    Why do you keep doing this? They didn't even mention it this time and they've only alluded to it like 3 times this season. And even then, it was a cool bit of rare in-show continuity that pretty much everyone really liked, rather than some sort of one-note joke like you're implying.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Shaunbadia

Blog Entries

bad prediction on my part!

Blog Entries

Pretty weird episode overall. Randy's cock magic was by far the most amusing thing about it (Let's be honest, if you're gonna do a story like that you might as well make it as fucking goofy as you can because there's no other real direction you can go in with it) the whole "Roosters playing Magic the Gathering" thing felt like it was gonna be a typical "Dumb thing of the week in South Park" that would lend to something with Wendy wanting Stan to pay attention to her instead, but she didn't really do anything at all other than give Stan a sudden pointless feeling of guilt when they found out she played for the volleyball team. Hell, they didn't even make much use of Kenny in the main story either (Cartman's "I think he's smiling" was a neat little joke though, and I liked that they used one of the music cues from Stick of Truth during the scene where they picked out a Rooster). Honestly, I was expecting Kenny's Rooster opponent to get pissed off during the match and just kill him. Would have been a much better way to showcase some actual brutality and then have everyone be like "Oh wait, that's not cool".

I can't say I hated it, but I really can't say I loved it either. I'll be nice and award it a middle of the road 3/5 (It would likely be lower were it not for Randy's little antics in this one).
    How to remaster

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

Blog Entries

yup, what shaun said. the magic the gathering plot was so horrifically mangled despite being quite cute in places (and that ending was just bad), but randy's cock magic had me laughing silly. mostly because after two straight days of intense pain, a dumb laugh is always welcome.

3/5
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Trump2Tyrant:GoBackWhereU Came D DEBBS's Avatar

More like cock and bull than cock magic.

wanna live like common people Elliot76's Avatar

Excluding the dismal first episode, this was the weakest of the season, but it still felt like it had good intentions and the focus on the boys was surprisingly down to earth.
    Too much Randy and too many tedious jokes, but the bit at the end with him doing the magic in the basement was my only laugh of the episode. Not enough Wendy & Stan as I would have expected but I enjoyed the subtle girls volleyball stuff going on in the background. They realised there was no point elaborating on it and it ended up fitting in well nicely with the rest of the episode.
    I always enjoy a bit of a focus on Kenny and I liked the boys just being boys again.

Pretty boring episode but still had enough charm and character to keep it from being Season 16-17 mind-numbing.

2/5.

Banned

Fuck it. I thought it was relatively good. Quite surprised at the outright hatred for this episode.

I think they could have done more with the 'cock fighting' beyond the satire of them playing Magic The Gather. Randy was the funniest he's been since probably the musical ep in season 15.

4/5, 7/10, B-

Blog Entries

ok i just saw this and EH it was ok. i mean both of the plots revolved around beating a dead horse, but they were funny enough. i LOLed at the "i think he's smiling" and "that thing isn't human"

two stray observations
    1. who voiced the cock magic announcer? serafinowicz?
    2. man i hate their new design of roosters. it's so un-SP

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Finally got around to watching this... two weeks later...

ACT ONE:

Magic the Gathering tournament = hardcore dude shit.

Cool, City Wok! Pretty underused in the new episodes.

LOL, I love the twist where it turns out the roosters are playing Magic the Gathering!

Sigh... Sgt. Yates...

Ugh... CC is allowed to show Randy's penis now? I hope they never use that again in future episodes.

LOL @ the guy playing drums in the bathroom.

ACT TWO:

The "cock" stuff is getting old.

I admire them for not using the obvious twist of seeing the kids' parents catch Randy with his penis out.

The volleyball coach sounds like a new cast member.

LOL @ Plaza de Esterotypo.

ACT THREE:

This act was pretty unspectacular, but I did like Randy pulling out a boquet from his pants, throwing it at a woman in an audience and then her reacting in disgust.

"Detective Harris?" Looks like they forgot he was Sargeant Yates.

OVERALL:

Pretty boring, but not bad. High 3/5.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

Thread Information