• 2/5

4 16.00%
  • 1/5

2 8.00%

Thread: Rate and Review - Family Guy - "Turkey Guys"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Rate and Review - Family Guy - "Turkey Guys"

Since nobody made this yet, I figured I'd do the honors. Feel free to get mad at me if I'm not allowed to make these.

On the night before Thanksgiving, Peter and Brian must find a replacement turkey after they get drunk and eat the original.

Blog Entries

I surprisingly don't have much to say. This was one of the most unremarkable episodes they've done in years.

Really liked how the episode's plot was instantly kicked into gear; there was a TV joke I've forgotten already and then it instantly dove into Peter and Brian eating the turkey.

I wish they would stop doing those "sincere speech that ends with a dark twist" moments. Never funny or clever anymore.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

I liked it better than the first Thanksgiving episode honestly. It gives us more screen time with the pairing of Peter and Brian. As usual the over the gore bothered me a little bit but not very much (I was bothered by that ending). The only cutaway I didn't liked was Peter hanging himself over a Father Day gift. The climax of the main plot was awesome and it gave us another moment where Peter does have a heart of gold. 9/10
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

I like Peter and Brian getting paired together, a rare combination nowadays. And the fact that Peter still acknowledges that Brian is his best friend this far into the series is cool. They didn't completely abandon that friendship for the Stewie/Brian pairing. But I enjoyed this one a lot, other than Chris's weird sexual moment with Babs. Also wasn't a fan of Peter saying Lois had a stroke when the gag could have just been funnier and weirder if they never explained why Lois can't say Jackie Robinson. I enjoyed Quagmire's WTF reaction when Carter said there's too much candy nowadays. Amusing dumbass behavior from Peter in "Evan Almighty," sitting in the shopping cart, dunking the turkey in the basketball hoop and not saving Brian in the car. Peter's white people in sweaters line was funny, Chris shooting the turkey was a nice twist, and Peter's final lines about divorce and Stewie dying were funny too, assuming you don't freak out over them and take them seriously. (Many of the viewers will anyway.) 4/5

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

The show's been pretty on-point lately, considering its age. This episode felt like they were just burning off ideas. Mediocre at best.

Blog Entries

I liked it a lot. Plenty of funny gags, both plots worked out pretty well. Still not gonna be content until they give those TCS characters some lines though. Meg talking to Roberta while Roberta remained silent was done in such an obvious dancing around paying those voice actors to come in way that it felt like a bit of a middle finger. Brian and Peter's journey was less exasperating than it ought to have been (The fact that the gags were funny enough to overshadow Peter's usual level of annoying retardation in episodes like this really helped) and I liked Chris getting drunk and killing the Turkey at the last second.

Much better than the last Thanksgiving episode they did . They managed to avoid having a string of awkward and uncomfortable moments (Even though there were a few like Peter hanging himself and that scene with Chris and Babs). Oh, and that little painting style shot at the end looked really nice. 4/5
    How to remaster

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty good episode, definitely the best of the Season so far (minus The Simpsons Guy). Besides the fathers day gag, pretty much all the jokes worked (Carter complaining about random things, "I fucking love Train", Peter's calmly remembering he drove Brians Prius into a lake), with the ones that didn't not being cringy. Seeing Brian and Peter as a duo again was really refreshing and stayed pretty enjoyable. Chris trying to be the man of the house while kind of bleh, had a few decent lines.

Overall, a solid outing, 4/5.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Junior Camper

Back to mediocrity after last week's great episode. Peter and Brian's journey was boring and predictable; Chris' antics were also very predictable and the scenes before the dinner at the house were lacklustre.

Also, at the end, Stewie was about to "come out" despite the fact he's been attracted to girls in many episodes.

Average fare.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    Still not gonna be content until they give those TCS characters some lines though. Meg talking to Roberta while Roberta remained silent was done in such an obvious dancing around paying those voice actors to come in way that it felt like a bit of a middle finger.
    haha the instant I saw that bit I thought, "man this must be pissing shaun off a lot". it is really weird and awkward. what the hell is the point of bringing the family back if you're just gonna have them make silent appearances? given how dark family guy can get, you might as well have had cleveland come back all bloody into the clam with a shotgun stating, "hey y'all, murdered my family. glad to be back in quahog!"

anyways the actual episode was surprisingly fun except for the chris subplot, which stank. I really liked having a peter and brian adventure for once, and it seems that instagram was created probably due to this one. 4/5
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    haha the instant I saw that bit I thought, "man this must be pissing shaun off a lot". it is really weird and awkward. what the hell is the point of bringing the family back if you're just gonna have them make silent appearances? given how dark family guy can get, you might as well have had cleveland come back all bloody into the clam with a shotgun stating, "hey y'all, murdered my family. glad to be back in quahog!"
    Haha, I was actually aware when I posted that how it's probably going to be expected of me to complain each time this happens now given how I did the same back when Junior and Roberta got no lines in "He's Bla-ack!" and again when Junior made a silent appearance in "The Book of Joe". Though to be fair Cleveland didn't speak in this one either, which would give that Mike wasn't available otherwise we might have gotten something out of Cleveland and Rallo like before. I did like how they gave Roberta her "Not giving a fuck" stance of being on her cellphone in that final shot though. Same for Rallo peeking under the table at Kevin and his little person GF. Both very small details but nicely in character for them.

Blog Entries

Pretty weird Junior didn't speak, seeing as how KMR was given a voice credit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by airalba View Post
    Pretty weird Junior didn't speak, seeing as how KMR was given a voice credit.
    He was!? (My download of the episode didn't contain the end credits) Oh, well that's just a heap of Horse shit!

Banned

You think that's bad? Remember the time I rated 'Turkey Guys' 5/10 because it was extremely average, the cutaways were hit and miss, while Peter's dialogue was more awful than usual.

3/5, 5/10, C-

Junior Camper

I'd definitely give it a 4/5. This was easily the most entertaining episode since "The Simpsons Guy," and it was definitely interesting to see Peter and Brian team up once again. A lot of the jokes and cutaways worked (no points for Peter hanging himself on Father's Day though, and the Nickelodeon joke could've been hilarious). I thought the ending was so corny and uncharacteristic of the show until Chris shot the turkey to death and everyone laughed about them actually having turkey again. Then Peter's last lines made it even better.

It really looks like the writers are getting back in the swing of things and making Season 13 a one to remember. Then again, the next one looks pretty meh.

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

This is a HUGE improvement over last week's episode. While Family Guy hasn't pumped out any episodes I would consider perfect all through seasons 11 and 12 and that's probably because they were too busy pumping out shitty episodes. So far season 13 is an improvement over those past two seasons. This is a great episode. It's one of the funniest Family Guy episodes in recent years and I really liked seeing an episode that focuses on Peter and Brian as the main characters. Peter and Brian are in character for the most part, but even when they do something that may be considered out of charcter like Peter saving the turkey instead of Brian it's too funny for me to care. I don't have too much to say about this episode other than it's hilarious and it's a great Peter & Brian adventure. 10/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Homer View Post
    I guess this is the same Nicholson who did Joker in the Batman 1989 movie.

Not the worst episode of the season, but compared to FG's first Thanksgiving special, this was less than impressive. Drunk Chris shooting the turkey at the end did give me a chuckle though. And when the hell are we gonna hear Cleveland's family speak again? Do their voice actors even give a shit to show up anymore now that The Cleveland Show is dead?

5/5, although a "low" 5. This one. Had JOKES. And i mean JOKES, not the "chuckle, meh" or "yawn, been there" kind we're used to seeing this season, but real jokes. And then it had even more jokes too! And after that some more as well! Okay it doesn't have the most original plots or endings of course, but the way they were handled, and just the general form in this episode, I've missed that in a Family Guy episode for quite a long time. So well done, whoever wrote this (apparently it's the guy with the Apu-like long name)...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSimpsonz View Post
    (apparently it's the guy with the Apu-like long name)...
    Cherry Chevapravatdumrong. Not a guy

Ah, didn't know that, thanks for that!

Blog Entries

pretty good. much better than the last thanksgiving ep, as it actually had a good TG spirit about it. the peter-brian duo is one rarely seen now and though it has its inherent problems (peter is way too dickish and the show expects characters to apologize to him even though he is abhorrent) it is about as good as we can get from the show now so i'll take it. really didn't understand the ending at all. i thought at first it was genuinely going for the 'i can't kill the little guy he's too cute!!!!' angle but i guess i was stupid to think that cuz of how meanspirited the show is. the subplot was just a whole lot of absolutely nothing. totally bland. liked the 'as an old man i am required to take a mouth-y nap' gag though. those OBSERVATIONAL gags usually don't click for me but that one did. low 4/5

Junior Camper

I thought it was alright but nothing special. The quality of this season has been good so far and so it's not as insulting as it sounds to call this the worst episode of the season yet. There were too many irrelevant jokes for me, the Stewie and Chris subplot felt pointless, and the Brian and Peter main plot only had a few funny jokes I thought. Too many cutaways, not a single one of which I found funny.

Having said all that, I did laugh out loud three times in the episode, which is pretty good going. I laughed at Peter's Evan Almighty gag, the physical comedy of Peter's trousers ripping on the bike, and Peter waffling on the intercom on the zoo's tram as they drove into Quahog.

Funniest Line: Peter: "Well Lois, if they want a turkey, I'll show them Evan Almighty!"

Score: 6/10
    Last edited by PointofStew; 12-30-2016 at 07:49 AM.

Thread Information