• 2/5 yeah these teeth need braces

1 4.55%
  • 1/5 so yeah wasn't brian supposed to be ded

8 36.36%

Thread: R&R Family Guy "Brian the Closer"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

R&R Family Guy "Brian the Closer"

Brian gets new teeth after surgery which leads to him becoming a real estate agent.

R&R after it airs

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

oh this has him fighting with quagmire, yes?

oughta be interesting
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

They're beyond running out of ideas.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

Blog Entries

pretty good. the jokes were all on point. my favorite was probably chris' failed cutaway. definitely stronger than the last two episodes. 4/5

oh and i wonder if that "screw you" ending will anger people

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

It's better than I excepted. Thiugh the humor is hit or miss at times. 7/10
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

Blog Entries

Pretty solid episode with a mildly interesting plot and some fairly decent gags scattered throughout. The only things I disliked were the Bonnie scene (As I remarked in the general FG thread, I'm tired of the whole "Bonnie wants Joe dead" running gag) and Peter jamming the scissors up his nose was just unpleasant.

Low ended 4/5 feels about right.
    How to remaster

My only takeaway from this episode: Brian's a piece of shit. Seeing him get his teeth smashed out twice was the only good thing about this cringeworthy mess of a half-hour. 1/5

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

I fucking hated this episode! I haven't seen a Family Guy episode that pissed me off since Secondhand Spoke. So, what's wrong with this episode? Well this episode starts off with a painfully unfunny dick joke that they keep hammering it in for 30 seconds. So the plot begins with Peter wanting Brian's rope chew toy, but after Brian gets injured by landing face first on a fire hydrant he decides that he doesn't want it. Brian gets surgery to fix his teeth and for some weird reason everyone thinks his teeth sticking out of his mouth looks good on him. Brian becomes a real estate agent because of his teeth and then we get asshole Brian once again. Welcome back! We've missed you. He then trick Quagmire into buying a shitty apartment and then Quagmire chews him out, but then we get this ridiculous "dramatic" moment where Brian realizes that he's selfish and pretentious and then thanks Quagmire for it while we get Family Guy's trademark dramatic zoom. Fucking beautiful! Surprisingly, asshole Brian wasn't the worst part of this episode. The worst part about this episode is the scene where Peter sticks scissors up his nose and then cuts his nose with a grotesque amount of blood squirts out. That scene made me cringe the first time, but when they did it the second time it really pissed me off. Seriously, you should've seen how I reacted to that to it the second time. I was like "Oh God! No! Don't stick those scissors up your nose, don't stick those scissors up your nose, don't stick those scissors up your nose!" *Peter cuts his nose* "No! No! No! No! No! No! No! Son of a bitch!" To quote Peter Griffin from a different episode "Always end on a strong joke." Seriously, whoever thought it was a good idea to end this episode that way should do that to himself for putting us through that shit. The rest of this episode is mostly unfunny, but inoffensive for the most part. It did have a funny joke every few minutes, but most of them were the ones that Fox posted on YouTube. This was a terrible episode and I'm starting to already lose hope for season 13. 2/10
    Last edited by BuyMyCereal; 11-10-2014 at 01:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Homer View Post
    I guess this is the same Nicholson who did Joker in the Batman 1989 movie.

Junior Camper

Pleasantly surprised with this episode. Brian's new teeth never stopped making me chuckle and when he got one over Brian near the end, I chuckled some more. Great episode.

The first few scenes were pretty amusing until Peter smashed Brian into the fire hydrant. Then it got pretty hit or miss.

I'd give it a 3.5/5

Family Guy is getting regularly good again (does it have soething to do with the cancellation of The Cleveland Show?)

Banned

Pretty entertaining for recent Family Guy standards, enjoyed this latest Brian-Quagmire feud than previous eps they've done where it's been just really basic 'Quagmire hates Brian lol' type jokes.

4/5, 7/10, B-

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Definitely better than the last two episodes, but that's not to say it was perfect.
    It had a pretty good reason for Brian and Quagmire to conflict each other this time. There were several really funny jokes throughout and I LOVE how Peter and Lois hated Chris's cutaway. Easily gave me the biggest laugh of the episode!
    On the other hand, there were some flaws as well. Another terrible joke with Bonnie wanting to kill Joe, Peter sticking up a scissor in his nostrils wasn't funny the second time and Brian suddenly tricking Quagmire into buying the condo anyway... Wow. What a dick.
    I'll give it a kudos for being a funny episode, but dick-Brian brought it down a little. 8.4/10
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 12-27-2017 at 09:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

I didn't want to say anything about this because I don't want to be too repetitive with my Family Guy bashing, but seeing as how this episode seems to be fairly well-received, I feel compelled to express my disgust with it. This was easily the worst Family Guy episode of recent memory. Once again, Brian isn't a real character. He's basically a gag character that the writers have decided to bash all the time. It looks like Brian's the new Meg. As is Joe, for that matter. I guess they can have several Megs, because they don't care about their characters. In fact, they don't even give their characters the courtesy of merely not caring about them, but they seem to actively make them as unlikeable as they possibly can. Brian in this episode is a perfect example of that. Brian is a colossal douchebag. Of course, that's basically all he's been for a while, so there's nothing remarkable about this episode. It's just a particularly good example because he was even more of a douchebag than he normally is. I mean, Quagmire paid for his dental surgery, and he repays him by completely (and remorselessly) ruining him. Why make your protagonist a douchebag (without giving them any kind of comeuppance)? Is that supposed to be entertaining or funny?

Speaking of being funny, this episode is not that. I chuckled maybe once; I can't remember at what. Every other attempt at humour (which, aside from pointlessly making their characters into unlikeable assholes, is essentially all modern Family Guy consists of) failed miserably. Part of that has to do with how tediously repetitive Family Guy's jokes are (for example, some of the memorable "jokes" from this episode: Bonny acts hostilely to Joe, something involving a gory injury, dragging a joke out that wasn't funny in the first place to a baffling length, an awkwardly forced sex joke (in this the same thing as the last entry), etc). So, basically, this episode just embodied everything that is wrong with Family Guy nowadays, only to a slightly greater extent. Now, why do I bother to watch new Family Guy episodes if I will inevitably hate every single one? I don't have a satisfactory answer for that. I'm just baffled by how well this episode was received.

Blog Entries

I was suprised that this episode managed to make me laugh. Brian's face with and without his teeth was hilarious! One of the gags I found funny was the scene with Andre the Giant, also Peter sticking the scissors up his nose the first time was funny (second time was just gross and unfunny). The plot was standard Family Guy fare, nothing special here. Overall, a decent outing, and a much better episode than Baking Bad. I rate it a 3/5.

Blog Entries

The first half had a few pretty funny gags but those pretty much left once we got to the second half. Not to mention I really disliked douchbag Brian, I get this show is cynical which I'm not too fond of but it's usually reserved for gags that arnt meant to be taken seriously but I don't like it when it becomes central to the plot like it was here. It just didn't make sense for Brian to want to ruin Quagmires life after he helped him out and they seemed to pretty much make up. I've also never liked the whole Quagmire hates Brian thing as it's always felt so forced. Overall this episode had some funny buts especially Peter hating Chris cutaway but the second half was just kinda infuriating. So Im pretty mixed in this one. Maybe a 2.5/5

Meh, just a 3/5, it might've been a 4/5 episode if it had more of the main plot. It's just getting very tiring that in almost every episode now they cram in so many re-used jokes (but in slightly different situations), even those meta-jokes about the cutaway gags or that beaver are just too lame by now.

Blog Entries

finally saw this. kind of a thru the motions episode (i really wish it was the end of the quagmire/brian feud) but it had its moments and it was generally pretty fun. funniest bit was seeing a MULANEY ad at the bottom of the screen once tho. 3/5 i guess

Junior Camper

Another good but largely forgettable episode.

This episode just had the one story, Brian becoming the real estate agent, rather than adding in a B-plot also. This was a very good idea as it gave the show time to explore the idea of Brian going into real estate, advance the story, and bring everything to a conclusion without rushing it. We also had time for quite a few cutaways, and as usual they varied wildly in comedic value.

Peter and Brian fighting over the rope was a good way to set up the plot, although I'm noticing that every episode in this series seems to start with a bad joke or parody of a film or TV show as the first gag. I think this gets some episodes off to a bad start and they could do with varying the first joke a bit more than they have been doing.

It's always good when the show uses Glenn Quagmire because he is a character that makes plots funny, and this one was no exception. The gym scene in particular was clever.

Funniest Line #1: Stewie: "Well, if anyone knows how to pull out, it's Quagmire."

Funniest Line #2: Peter: "I once beat a real estate agent at a game of chess. Me! A well known buffoon!"

Worst Cutaway: Brian and Ice-T in the car. The joke fell flat.

Random Funny Thing: Brian playing "You Sexy Thing" in the car and hopping out with his sunglasses on.

Score: 8/10.
    Last edited by PointofStew; 12-30-2016 at 07:51 AM.

Thread Information