View Poll Results: How would you rate this CROSSOVER SPECTACULAR?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 The Jean era A Star is Burns!

28 24.14%
  • 4/5 More crossovers! More I say!

38 32.76%
  • 3/5 The comic crossover was superior!

20 17.24%
  • 2/5 Uhh... maybe Simpsorama will be better

19 16.38%
  • 1/5 Another cheap cartoon crossover

11 9.48%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review: "The Simpsons Guy"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

After watching this, I wondering if the FG writers can write a better Simpsons episode than the Simpsons writers... maybe even better than Family Guy or American Dad.

Blog Entries

i laughed a couple times. i loved that james woods joke because i always laughed about them both having him as a guest. it was really fun overall, and even though the first act with the whole women thing was a waste of time, i felt like the rest was pretty good. 4/5 i suppose.

my dad particularly enjoyed the "we only usually do these things for a half hour so i'm tired" gag.

the only part that i didn't care too much for was the fight, but the emmy joke in there was good.

BrokenBox

Pretty good. Nice to see Simpsons characters make jokes

Blog Entries

It also had a real Simpsons Movie-ish vibe to it that I really appreciated. The Family Guy writers/animators knew they had a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to write these characters and locations, so it was cool that they swung for the fences in making it feel big and grandiose.

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Santa Shoz

I love how there's been all this complaining about how horrible it's going to be, then it comes out and everyone likes it.

What I like most about this episode, is not just the laughable humor, the morals, or the decent storytelling or surprisingly that the crossover works, it's also that the Simpsons feel more alive than any recent season. Why is that?

Seriously, can someone explain why this crossover episode feels more alive than any other episode the Simpsons crew has made in recent years.

Blog Entries

because it wasn't made by the simpsons crew

Blog Entries

I thought it was pretty good until Homer and Peter started fighting, then things got a little bit too ridicules. I'll give it a high 3/5.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorMcGann View Post
    I love how there's been all this complaining about how horrible it's going to be, then it comes out and everyone likes it.
    i said it would probably be decent. it was

a whiz with cold drinks Frightened Inmate No. 2's Avatar
    Blog Entries

what i liked (and i'm being loose with the word "liked"):
    james woods
    the emmy joke
    the cleveland show joke
    kang and kodos w/ roger
    "we usually only do these things for a half hour"
    grampa running over peter
    kool-aid man

everything else was pretty terrible. probably better than "clown in the dumps" which i didn't see, but still terrible. a generous 2.5/5 rounded down to a 2/5.
    Last edited by Frightened Inmate No. 2; 09-28-2014 at 06:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Sandford II View Post
    While not humorous, would be cool if someone actually put this in their sig.

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

Love that fg can do the Simpsons better than the Simpsons at this point
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Shoz View Post
    After watching this, I wondering if the FG writers can write a better Simpsons episode than the Simpsons writers... maybe even better than Family Guy or American Dad.
    Most outside writers can write a better Simpsons episode than the Simpsons writers... because they'll actually value the importance of what they're contributing to unlike most of the current staff and be especially motivated to treat the characters and franchise justly. That's a big reason why freelance writers and first-time writers have produced some of the most memorable Simpsons episodes in the modern HD era. The rest of the slackers don't get motivated unless they're churning out a format bender (Kimball & Maxtone-Graham), personally motivated to produce an iconic episode (Burns) or being showrun by Selman to keep them focused.

If nothing else, The Simpsons Guy came off as refreshing. The voice actors really amped up their delivery in the booth and it felt like a lot of classic era supporting characters (pre-Disco Stu & Gil) were dropping by for a rare visit.

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

Was there a Seth MacFarlane appearance? There was a Matt Groeing appearance in the courtroom.

Mom, Bart's Smoking!

Quote Originally Posted by HerbertMcHoover View Post
    This was just... I'm speechless. Loved every second of it.

james woods and cleveland show/bob's burgers references also killed. loved the springfield gorge bit.
    I agree. This was one of the best FG episodes in years. I also loved the scene with Kang and Kodos, not to mention the entire courtroom scene was hysterical

Blog Entries

gonna be sad now that this is behind us, because we have at least another season of bad family guy and the simpsons ahead of it

coulda been an interesting way to bow both shows out at the same time

Legitimately enjoyed this, even more than I expected. The entire courtroom sequence was a delight, and the chicken fight was more entertaining than I expected.
    Signature.

Here I come, world! Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For the most part, this was really good. There were a few things that I didn't care for, like the gas station scene and the car wash scene (seeing Homer do that stuff...I just don't like it), and the fight lasted a little too long, but other than that, this was pretty enjoyable. My favorite plot, though probably the shortest, was the Lisa/Meg one. I felt like they had a really nice friendship, and the ending to it was very sweet. The other plots were good too, though. I'll give this a 4/5. I'm impressed.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

yeah i disliked the car wash scene the most probably. the entire car search seemed a bit pointless, but i liked the giant magnet and moleman using the griffin's car as pants (definitely a wtf gag)

I enjoyed the car wash scene more than I expected. It wasn't THAT much grosser than they've depicted Homer's fat in the past. Also, this was very much a Family Guy episode and not a Simpsons episode, so the crude stuff didn't bug me as much as it could have. It felt like what it was - Family Guy visiting the world of The Simpsons.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
    I enjoyed the car wash scene more than I expected. It wasn't THAT much grosser than they've depicted Homer's fat in the past. Also, this was very much a Family Guy episode and not a Simpsons episode, so the crude stuff didn't bug me as much as it could have. It felt like what it was - Family Guy visiting the world of The Simpsons.
    Ugh... don't ever mention that seen... it gave me nightmares... lol.. .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
    i didn't think it was too gross i just thought it wasn't that funny

Blog Entries

This was pretty damn great for a crossover episode. And as much as I dislike crossover episodes, this made me laugh more than any Simpsons or Family Guy episode has made me laugh in years. In particular the duff vs pawtucket bear stuff was great (all the stuff poking fun at the two shows). And to me the family guy writers handled the simpsons characters surprisingly well. 4.5/5, 4/5 for the poll.

My only complaints were some of the more dragged on scenes (the car wash, gas gag as mentioned earlier, and overly long and gruesome chicken fight). Some of the humour also didn't work well with the simpsons characters and just felt awkward (some of the darker and cruder jokes). The prank call in particular was pretty cringe worthy, not for the rape joke itself, but for the oddness of it occurring in the simpsons universe is what threw me off.

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

Blog Entries

It was really good. Woulda been way better if Harry shearer had been in it. Its a shame the only Simpsons he will associate with is the hollowed-out corpse of a show thats currently airing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swoony View Post
    The prank call in particular was pretty cringe worthy, not for the rape joke itself, but for the oddness of it occurring in the simpsons universe is what threw me off.
    the whole joke was the juxtaposition of the shows style of humor compared to the simpsons. it wasn't executed that great but i didn't outright hate the joke

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

Blog Entries

To me it's kind of sad that the Family Guy writers appear to write a better Homer than the Simpsons writers currently do.

Quote Originally Posted by the wonders of the computer age View Post
    Lenny spoke
    And I'm pretty sure that was a poor impression by Dan Castellaneta. Sounded like Barney. You really can't blame Dan, though.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Blog Entries

What did Lenny say. I only remeber him coughing during the court scene.

Blog Entries

I don't even know why they'd give him a line if Harry declined the episode.

Better luck next time. Hugh Jazz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArmCSA View Post
    What did Lenny say. I only remeber him coughing during the court scene.
    It was just an "eh" when Quagmire asked him how he felt about sex. And I guess they just really wanted to do the Lenny and Carl/Quagmire and Cleveland comparison.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Smiley View Post
    Was there a Seth MacFarlane appearance? There was a Matt Groeing appearance in the courtroom.

they're both takin notes

Thread Information