Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Things you were scared of as a child

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I was REALLY scared of Tigers and Leopards. That's why I couldn't watch Tarzan on my own until I was about 8

Blog Entries

The blank TV screen thing makes some kind of sense to me. Maybe I was bothered by those too.

HER:

Think she'd still freak me out under the right circumstances.

Russian version of Winnie the Pooh unsettled me majorly when I was about 17. Probably just because it's nothing like the one I grew up with. The audio more than anything.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sqdiEUp6s4E

Anyone else never feel satisfied until the disturbing thing is out of their search history?
    "Because you watched House, we think you'll enjoy... Fuller House."

Party time... excellent...

Hired Goon

I had a weird thing about eyeballs when I was a kid. I thought they were really creepy, with all the veins and shit. I had a weird fear of getting my own eyes poked out. I think at one point I saw a pair of real human eyes that were removed from a head, and it freaked me out, so that's probably where the fear came from.

I also hated the dark. I had a nightlight for most of my childhood.

Blog Entries

when I was little, the ps2 start up screen with all of the silver cubes and that airy, empty music used to freak me out. namely, this:

Last edited by pax-o'-lantern; 07-19-2016 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    HER:

Think she'd still freak me out under the right circumstances.
    I always liked Little My in the cartoon but yeah she's frequently drawn uh...very angry and evil looking vs "mischievous" so that totally throws me off.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vintage pax View Post
    namely, this:
    Did you never see the RSOD? Because I have a surprise for you, bro.

Blog Entries

oh yes, forgot about that. it looks like you're descending into the depths of hell whenever it comes up

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fires and crabs.

Also solo eyes.

Blog Entries

Hahaha crabs. That reminds me. Me and my friends were petrified of somehow getting crab nits. (Pubic lice.) We were about 10 and if we'd been that close to anyone in that way, in itself it'd be horrifying enough.

When I was very young, in an airports coin-op gameroom, ..i saw a old shooting gallery game called "Ghost City".. i think? I wasnt tall enough to see the game action, but I could see the marque graphics and cabinet art.. which displayed people in a city, running in terror from haunting specters arising from all over. .. I still remember how upset this made me.

Jebus

Blog Entries

Gonna bump this and add the opening synth or whatever it's called to Youth of a Nation. The song is already pretty ehhh but the hollow, empty musical composition creeped me out then and it still does now.

Blog Entries

When I was 4, this had to be my biggest fear. Not so much the startup screen itself, but the menu that came afterwards. The abysmal, pitch black background, the lack of background music, those odd sounds that would play when you click on an option... It just left a bad taste in my mouth, and while it doesn't terrify me as much today, it still gives me the chills.

Despite how much I wanted to play with the Gamecube, I was too scared to, and preferred watching my older brother use it. I remember stuffing my mom's $10 bill in the memory card slot as a way to bribe it to never do it again. Unsurprisingly, this didn't work, and the only thing I got out of that was an ass whooping from my mom lol.

Clupid bloropope Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Have never tried to bribe a video game console before. Might try that next time I’m struggling with a game.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

One time 6 year old me got scared by that scene in Sky High where they get turned into babies. Was so upset I started crying. What fun times.

Professional Burger Stealer Krusty Burglar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Way back in the days of the PS2 I was scared to death of the “red screen”, which occurred when the PS2 couldn’t read the disc’s format or something like that. Late one night I was just chilling, playing some games and such when I decided to pop in a game I was borrowing from my cousin. Apparently the PS2 didn’t like it because it did it’s usual reading disc stuff when this appeared:

Scared the hell outta me. Music was just super unnerving, especially being an 8 year old kid.

Blog Entries

Walking down the hallway and seeing a pitch-black room with the door open always unsettled me. Still does now

And this:

The part at 1:38 is nightmare fuel.
    Last edited by pax-o'-lantern; 07-27-2018 at 09:51 PM.

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Warning stickers in house windows.

Thread Information