Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jokes that took you a while to get

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Can't i help you mom? CranberrySauceàlaBart!'s Avatar

That depends. Is there any other way to get this job?
    Cranberry's best and worst of each season. Season 1: Bart the General/Homer's Odyssey, Season 2: Bart Gets An ''F''/Bart's Dog Gets an ''F'', Season 3: Colonel Homer/The Otto Show, Season 4: Last Exit to Springfield/Whacking Day, Season 5: Rosebud/Bart Gets An Elephant, Season 6: Homer the Great/Bart's Girlfriend

You'll have to speak up... Cromulentdonut's Avatar
    Above a bowling alley and below another bowling alley

D'oh in the wind - as a kid I never understood the joke about Mona being a demon in the sack. LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    The poorly synced dialogue of the Japanese factory workers in 'Marge In Chains'.
    When that episode aired on BBC2, the editors must have thought it was a mistake because they edited the laugh so the audio looped three times over the footage of the workers laughing.
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

OK, I'm stupid. I just figured out what that "C-U-P" joke from Bart Star meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Homer View Post
    I guess this is the same Nicholson who did Joker in the Batman 1989 movie.

Blog Entries

Didn't kids in elementary school tell you to spell "icup"?
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

Yep.

And dammit, he spelled it for them.

Blog Entries

I've also been told to look down my shirt and spell "attic."

Ah, elementary school days...it's a shame I didn't figure out how to do armpit farts until they were on their way out of being "cool."

uh Bart Sells His Soul

"They just make up things to scare kids like the boogeyman or Michael Jackson"

I did not understand that joke until I became an MJ fan, (sad to say an episode of the Simpsons caused me to be an MJ fan and it wasn't Stark Ravin Dad)

Blog Entries

This line from Hungry, Hungry Homer just popped into my head, and I just realized it’s a joke:

“Squaresville sounds pretty cool.”

That always seemed like an odd line to me. What was the point of Marge saying that? Now I get that she’s relating to be a SQUARE, to being UNCOOL.

Marge saying she doesn't want to be accused of smothering Bart and Homer saying she'd get the chair. I was really little when I first saw that and it didn't immediately click that smothering can mean being overprotective or killing someone with a pillow. Pretty dark but it gets a laugh out of me now.
    Pokemon Moon Friend Code 5473-2104-2310
    Looking for shiny, legendary, and mythical. Got shiny Sandshrew (Alola)
    Have various starters, zorua, can breed many pokemon.
    Current egg move hatching: Tyrunt with fire fang

Speaking of "the chair", Moleman ending up in the electric chair in 'The Springfield Connection'. For some time I thought that when the scene of him being led down the hall cutting to Homer and Marge in their bedroom and the whole screen flickers with a dark filter while they are talking was an animation error, not that it meant the ceiling lamp flickering due to the chair being used downtown; feels like they clearly should've shown the lamp doing so, maybe then followed by a pan down to the characters.

When I was younger, I didn't get the joke from "Two Bad Neighbors" about Grover Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    Didn't kids in elementary school tell you to spell "icup"?
    Bend over and spell "run," was another.

Both classic and stupid at the same time.
    You ladies are without a doubt the most sorrowful clique at the dance. Not one of you fit to guard a Russian rock band.

However, your checks have cleared, so you all graduate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoskin View Post
    Bend over and spell "run," was another.

Both classic and stupid at the same time.
    Also, look down your shirt and spell attic. Stupid but funny

Blog Entries

I realized while lying in bed last night that Marge probably wants Homer to wear the Mr. Plow jacket in bed because he PLOWS her in it. Sexually.

16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax, Tilly

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    I realized while lying in bed last night that Marge probably wants Homer to wear the Mr. Plow jacket in bed because he PLOWS her in it. Sexually.
    I miss the nohomers_txt Twitter account

S22E17

I've just notice in Love is a Many Strangled Thing (season 22) bad joke (though the episode is awfull by itself)

Yes, I understood, that it means "only "Precious" alone can be on the board". On the other hand, considering, that Homer-Precious is "oversize girl", nowadays this joke looks a bit offencive, like "weight limit of ship can be no bigger than Precious's weight".
    IMHO the best and the worst episodes of each season (in bold — the best and worst of overall series, upd. 10/01/20 with trilogy episodes):
    1. There’s No Disgrace Like Home/Homer’s Night Out 2. Old Money/Simpson and Delilah 3. Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington/Homer Alone 4. Homer’s Triple Bypass/Marge in Chains 5. Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Homer and Apu 6. Two Dozen and One Greyhounds/A Star Is Burns 7. Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily/Treehouse of Horror VI 8. My Sister, My Sitter/The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9. Miracle on Evergreen Terrace/The Principal and the Pauper 10. Wild Barts Can’t Be Broken/Simpsons Bible Stories 11. Days of Wine and D’oh’ses/Bart to the Future 12. Homer vs. Dignity/New Kids on the Blecch 13. Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge/Weekend at Burnsie’s 14. Moe Baby Blues/Brake My Wife, Please 15. Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent’s Day 16. Sleeping with the Enemy/Future-Drama 17. Bonfire of the Manatees/Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore 18. The Wife Aquatic/Revenge Is a Dish Best Served Three Times 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Smoke on the Daughter 20. Coming to Homerica/Four Great Women and a Manicure 21. Chief of Hearts/Treehouse of Horror XX 22. The Ned-Liest Catch/Elementary School Musical 23. A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again/Moe Goes from Rags to Riches 24. Hardly Kirk-ing/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25. Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police/Treehouse of Horror XXV 27. Halloween of Horror/Treehouse of Horror XXVI 28. 22 for 30/Havana Wild Weekend 29. Flanders’ Ladder/Springfield Splendor 30. Baby You Can’t Drive My Car/The Clown Stays in the Picture
    The Simpsons season ratings:
    2 > 3 > 7 > 6 > 1 > 4 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 21 > 27 > 12 > 15 > 20 > 10 > 14 > 19 > 25 > 17 > 29 > 26 > 24 > 13 > 18 > 16 > 28 > 30 > 11 > 23 > 22

I think that thoughts may differ, because so many people, so many opinions.

I lost a lot of wordplays because I don't talk English so good. This one makes me laugh out loud when I understand it.
    SEASON 31 - RATINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 3/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 4/5
    Treehouse of Horror XXX - 3/5 / Gorillas on the Mast - 4/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2/5
    Livin' La Pura Vida - 5/5 / Thanksgiving of Horror - 5/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me - 3/5
    Bobby, It's Cold Outside - 3/5 / Hail to the Teeth - 2/5 / The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson - 4/5 / Frinkcoin - 2/5 / Bart the Bad Guy - 5/5 / Screenless - 4/5
    Better Off Ned - 1/5 / Highway to Well - 4/5 / The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby - TBA
    Warrin' Priest TBA / The Hateful Eight-Years-Old - TBA / The Way of the Dog - TBA

Blog Entries

I always thought that Mufasa in this clip simply mispoke his sons name from Simba to Kimba, but I never knew that Kimba was its own show that was apparently the inspiration to make the Lion King:

Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Blog Entries

It took me a while to understand the " Milhouse doesn't count " joke and I finally understood and laughed so hard I fell off my chair!

One is the Jury of The Damned including Richard Nixon. Even now though, I only "vaguely" get it that all I believe it had to do with the Watergate scandal.

As i mentioned elsewhere, i only recent realized what happened to Mrs. Krapabbel because Bart replaced her birth control pills with Tic-Tacs - she got pregnant!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DWCV View Post
    As i mentioned elsewhere, i only recent realized what happened to Mrs. Krapabbel because Bart replaced her birth control pills with Tic-Tacs - she got pregnant!
    Yes. That's why she isn't in the show any more. That's the one reason.

replacing birth control pills with candy as Bart is said in that episode to have done, although not as funny as "where did Bart put the fireworks?", only really works if you realize what would happen with Krabappel missing her birth control given her active sex life.

Blog Entries

When I was a kid, I didn't get the joke about the "Krusty Komedy Klassic" being initialized as "KKK"
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: The B

Junior Camper Treehouse of Spoopy's Avatar

That one gag where Scorpio throws his shoe, and asks Homer if he’s ever seen a guy say goodbye to a shoe before, and Homer says ‘yes, once’. I used to think he was just being overly literal minded and referring to that very incident, but I recently got that he was actually referring to the murders of Jews on the Danube Bank In Budapest by militiamen of the Fascist Arrow Cross Party. They were first ordered to take off their shoes, and then shot at the edge of the riverbank so that their bodies were carried away by the water. It’s a very dark, but very clever, gag suggesting that Homer bore witness to this Fascist atrocity in a past life.
    nohomers.net make Treehouse of Spoopy go crazy

29. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

Blog Entries

I’ve seen people debate that line, but I’ve never seen that interpretation of it.

Yeah, that's a bit of a stretch.
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

Thread Information